Top 12 Sink or Swim+Discussion

DeletedUser37468

Good afternoon boys, girls and Erik (you know I am kidding around with you Erik) :)

Hows it all going then eh?

Lovely to see some old friends from Ialysos on the new server.....what is kind of concerning is the number of big alliances collapsing so early on...Whalers, Whalers Reloaded, Impact and very soon its looking like Ridiculousness might follow suit too...great shame so early on

Not getting into the whole EN thing...we have no beef with them...tbh they have been very reasonable...even my old sparring partner from Ialysos who sadly has had to depart the game asked to burn off in one of my cities, fine by me

Of course in a few months time things may change but right now, they only real pain in the butt is WiB...cest la vie and all that

All's equal in love and war allegedly.....great seeing so many of you again from Edessa, Sinope, Nysa and Ialysos....looking forward to going onwards til the end once again and having oodles of fun with everyone

Fun is, afterall, what this game should be all about :)

DeletedUser37468

OK...enough of the intro's.....down to business...top 12

I prefer to look forwards on my estimations here, so please forgive me for stepping on any toes

EN/E-N....its a given that they will swim...experience, gold use whatever they are on, good luck to them cos at the end of the day (and having sparred with a few) its down to the fighting ability in the end

Invictus/Invictus Fighters/Invictus United.....yes we are a little bigger this time to start with, over the months that will likely change as people drop out with RL etc...as in Ialysos I think we stand a chance of swimming...we might not be the WW winners, but at this early stage, who can honestly say who will be there at the top? Whatever happens we will enjoy ourselves just as we have done in previous servers and we will have done our best...which is all that anyone can do really

Pasty Empire I & II....nice strong committed teams, great teamwork...first time with two teams and standalone in many respects, they will swim cos they are a detemined bunch of players with experience on their side

WiB/Frenzy/Thirsty...not sure tbh...seem to be pushing hard but could they burn out prematurely...not sure...float, maybe swim

Basterds...again not sure about them, not settled in their teams yet...so maybe float or swim...give them a couple months to sort themselves out

Just The Tip/Shaft...possible contenders if they stay cohesive, again though still very early and they come from previously collapsed teams...float with a bit of a swim perhaps

So there you have it...the rank outsider and amateur view from a shade under 3 weeks into an almost 2 year tenure on the server that has seen big teams collapse in minutes already

What the future brings all of us is anyone's guess....but in true sportmanship...I wish everyone the very best, let friendships last and grow and lets all have a huge amount of fun cos life is way too short to argue the toss with each other...

Friend or foe...we all stand together...enjoy the next 18 months peeps cos I intend doing just that :)

SlothTzu

Strategos
Well I did say it was looking forwards so that should have signified that it was not looking currently....but no matter...t'is fine...it's cool :)

No worries, I don't mean to give out, I was just saying.

Now let's get back to this stupid EN vs JTT argument I'm seeing on every thread I read but couldn't care less about.

DeletedUser37468

No worries, I don't mean to give out, I was just saying.

Now let's get back to this stupid EN vs JTT argument I'm seeing on every thread I read but couldn't care less about.

Tbh...the whole EN thing/fixation is a distraction and nothing more

Yes EN have been around the block a few times but we stayed til the bitter end against them in Ialysos

EN use gold like water...who cares? we certainly do not

At the end of the day its whether you can hold your own in a fight that counts and not how much gold you use cos tbh you can use all the gold in the world and still lose all of your cities if you do not fight well

So insofar as EN are concerned...its all down to how you fight....we survived against them just as we survived against TRT in Edessa (and TRT also got similar trash talk as EN do for the same reasons....and some of TRT joined up with EN in Sinope)

Lets not be distracted with EN and who, what or why they are but lets have a damned good fight tween the teams and stop getting all hung up on how much gold people use cos its not an issue, Abdera has gold trading so everyone has a chance to use gold if they so wish

This game is down to how cohesive a team is and their strength in the fight...not the monetary value they have

DeletedUser50502

These top 12's are starting to annoy me, it's almost as like people are too scared to admit their opinion. I haven't seen one person write EN: SINK, not even their worst enemies! If you're just going to write the same thing as everybody else is, I wouldn't even post it. If someone were to actually speak their mind about something that isn't mainstream that will cause controversy, then please say it because these are getting mind numbing

DeletedUser37468

The Rim Team were the same as EN...its bugging but not the end of the world...well maybe the wrong choice of words there cos its does cause the end of the world potentially but cest la vie

A healthy respect for one's enemies is far more honourable than slagging them off at every given moment

DeletedUser50502

The Rim Team were the same as EN...its bugging but not the end of the world...well maybe the wrong choice of words there cos its does cause the end of the world potentially but cest la vie

A healthy respect for one's enemies is far more honourable than slagging them off at every given moment
Was this message directed towards me?

DeletedUser37468

Was this message directed towards me?

It was a general comment cos tbh...all the chatter about EN this, EN that is taking the true focus away from the game...and in many respects, the threads too

EN is EN...like them or loathe them, nothing written anywhere on these boards will ever change them...or their effect

So best get on and make the best of what you have, concentrate on your team and leave EN to do their own thing cos they will never change

DeletedUser50502

It was a general comment cos tbh...all the chatter about EN this, EN that is taking the true focus away from the game...and in many respects, the threads too

EN is EN...like them or loathe them, nothing written anywhere on these boards will ever change them...or their effect

So best get on and make the best of what you have, concentrate on your team and leave EN to do their own thing cos they will never change
This is the top 12 discussion. EN are in the top 12 so here is the place to talk about them

DeletedUser39031

These top 12's are starting to annoy me, it's almost as like people are too scared to admit their opinion. I haven't seen one person write EN: SINK, not even their worst enemies! If you're just going to write the same thing as everybody else is, I wouldn't even post it. If someone were to actually speak their mind about something that isn't mainstream that will cause controversy, then please say it because these are getting mind numbing
The way the world looks right now you can't say they will sink soon. EN aren't the only alliance people thought would swim in every Top 12

DeletedUser50502

The way the world looks right now you can't say they will sink soon. EN aren't the only alliance people thought would swim in every Top 12

I know that's what people truly believe, but I think that there are some people that have their doubts about EN and have intricate ideas that they're just nervous to share because everyone is saying that they will swim. I would like to hear both sides of sink or swim for all of the big alliances. Hearing one side over and over and over bores me and I'm sure a lot of others

DeletedUser50502

So how many academies does EN have?

Just the 1, everybody thinks EN are illuminati with 400 academies, under the table pacts with everyone in the top 12, and a gold deal with Inno, but I'm pretty sure they have 1

Zarun-

Strategos

Mr. Japhyb, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no reputation points, and may God have mercy on your soul.