Top 12 Sink or Swim?

• Thread starter DeletedUser50935
  • Start date

DeletedUser48712

Tell Mods about honour - not keeping their neutrality...this comment deleted in 3,2,1........

DeletedUser

You agreed to the rules which specifically state what is and what isn't allowed when you signed up for the forum.

I haven't seen the posts, but whats wrong with talking about a mass ghosting?

destroxxi

Phrourach
Might be they dont want other people to know greps dying. Shrug as i said thisll be my last full time server might hop on others now and then but i have no plans to spend anymore money on grep till things change.

DeletedUser21625

i have recently quit golgi, but i am very interested in why an entire alliance ghosted. So there is no discussion allowed on ghosting now?

DeletedUser22517

LOL, what was wrong with my post?It was only suggestion to benefit both players and INNO.I was not talking about anything against the rules of this forum, it was simple suggestion.
No wonder grepolis is dying.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Guys this is a top 12 thread and most of the recent posts were either breaches of the forum rule in that they implied mod bias, contained profanity, or had ban discussions. The other deleted posts were simply off topic and both types of posts are derailing the thread which is why they have been removed but also why we haven't punished anyone.

DeletedUser

Top 12 Sink Or Swim

(1). Musketeers - Swim - This has been my home since day 1 in golgi. No better teammates and friends in the game. We took some really hard punches early on that caused some of us to have to regroup. All the tuff times early really made this alliance what it is today. The leadership rose above, added a few new names, and led the rest of us back to our feet where we were able to prosper and flourish once again. Great leadership really made this alliance. Cudos to them. Can't say enough good about them so will just stop there :)

(2). Black Ships - Swim - Based in the southeast (65 & 75) these guys have grown to be contenders for the win. Packed full of good players, solid leadership, and a great location. Will be tuff for any core alliance to get within range of their wonder islands. I have watched this alliance rise through the rankings all the way to #2 now. In order to take the 1 spot they are gonna have to start battling some of the core alliances. Will be fun to watch how this all progresses. Nice work so far though. (Shout out to aarya, nice to see you back to greppo mate.)

(3). Written In Blood - Swim - Located in the southwest (45,46,35,36), these guys are in great position for growth. With the disbanding of the NB/NSL alliances it has left these guys in one of the best areas for growth. They have plenty of reds to plunder in western oceans for the remainder of the server. I look for these guys to take giant leaps in the next few months. They are part of the Musk/Bees coalition, which puts friends at their back and nuthin but fun in front :) Nice work so far!!

(4). Killer Bees - Swim - Born in O55, and now the proud owners of it, this team of fighters love to scrap it up. They came here to fight, and that's what they did. Part of the Musk/Blood coalition this is another group with friends to their back and tons of opportunity in front. It will be fun to watch how they decide to go about this world from here. They have multiple options as they are centrally located in the world. They are made up of strong leaders and players. They hold the best average points per player in this world. Solid!! (Look forward to joining in on one of their drunkin mumble nights)

(5). Say No To Corruption - Sink - This is whats left of the once #1 alliance NB/NSL. I want to give them a float, but I'm not sure what they will do from here. I will say that those who chose to stay and fight have my upmost respect. It's not an easy thing to do after an alliance mishap. They may look to merger into an exsisting top 10 alliance, or they may decide to fight as they are. Till we see how this goes we can't really gauge them fully. So will stick with sink for now, BUT I hope that's not the case.

(6). Sharks - Float - This is an alliance based out of the far north (O53,O43,O63). I recognize some names there, but unfortunately don't know alot about them. They should be able to continue to dominate the northern rim and perhaps start coming down and engaging a few core alliances before wonders start. Its a lil late in the world to make a serious splash in the core, but they can continue their northern dominance and make a run at some wonders. Definately a group to keep our eyes on. They could make a pact with a core alliance and then you never know from there.........

(7). Killer Hornets - Swim - Part of the Killer Bees alliance. Refer to #4 post

(8). Secrets of Pompeii - Swim - Another far north alliance. Great Players. Great leaders. They are competing for territory with the Sharks. These 2 alliances fought a lil bit back in may, but have since cooled off with battling. Maybe an agreement was made? Not sure, but this is an alliance to watch as they have alot of great players, and could cause quite a splash in the coming months till wonders. They could effectively work their way down and battle with the Musks. Def something to keep our eyes on.

(9). The Vanguard - Sink - Inbetween a rock and a hard place. Bloods to the south, Musks to the east, S.o.P. to the north. Not much room for growth and they are having to fight to keep what they do have. Numbers are against them. With the NB/NSL ordeal this leaves these guys as prime enemies for alot of the core alliances.

(10). Winter Wolves - Sink - I want to give them a float because they have conquered alot more cities from vanguard than vanguard has from them, BUT for the same reasons that vanguard is in trouble, so are these guys. This is another alliance that will start to take fire more and more because of the downfall of NB/NSL. Due to that reason alone, unless they make a really good pact or merger, I don't see a happy ending.......

(11). EPIDEMIC - Float - I know what you're thinkin right now. "Scott, why on earth are you giving these guys a float??" I'll tell you why. Here is a group who has had some really tuff breaks go there way. They lost some crucial pacts early, didn't get any help from NB/NSL in O45 against the rising coalition of Musks/Bloods/Bees, and through ALLLL of that these guys didn't ghost out or quit. They took the punches, and regrouped. Then they got back up and started swinging again. You attack them, they attack you back. They may not be the biggest alliance out there, but they have heart. And for that they get a "float" from me. They will stick together and they will be here to witness the end. And if they have anything to do about it, they will make some kind of impact on it too. Way to hang in there !!

(12). Black Dawn - Sink - Based out of the southeast just like the Black ships these guys have been dismantled by them. 90 day history shows Black ships have taken 158 cities from them and they have only taken 8 cities from the Ships. Unless these 2 are sisters and I don't know about it, those kind of numbers don't leave you to last long in a world full of animals like this one.

In Closing - Lots can still happen in this world. it is not over by a long shot. There can and i'm sure will be more twists that we don;t see coming. Will the great Musks/Bloods/Bees coalition last??? Can the Black Ships continue to dominate and take the 1 spot??? Will we see the remainder of NB/NSL make an impact somewhere? Can any of those talented rim alliances make a push to the core in time to do something major?? Hmmmmmm.........I guess that's why we keep on playing......

DeletedUser

Hunkiller best fighter ever, im counting days till u overtake me in fighter rank, pls.hurry naab

DeletedUser

Any posts that are not about the topic "Top 12 Alliance Sink or Swim" will be removed from this thread. If you wish to comment about the situation regarding the mod team or mass ghosting, you may wait until Baudin is back and reopens that thread. The thread was closed for a reason, and will be reopened when someone is available to moderate it. Thank you for your cooperation.

curadh

Phrourach
Top 12 Sink Or Swim

(1). Musketeers - Swim - This has been my home since day 1 in golgi. No better teammates and friends in the game. We took some really hard punches early on that caused some of us to have to regroup. All the tuff times early really made this alliance what it is today. The leadership rose above, added a few new names, and led the rest of us back to our feet where we were able to prosper and flourish once again. Great leadership really made this alliance. Cudos to them. Can't say enough good about them so will just stop there :)

(2). Black Ships - Swim - Based in the southeast (65 & 75) these guys have grown to be contenders for the win. Packed full of good players, solid leadership, and a great location. Will be tuff for any core alliance to get within range of their wonder islands. I have watched this alliance rise through the rankings all the way to #2 now. In order to take the 1 spot they are gonna have to start battling some of the core alliances. Will be fun to watch how this all progresses. Nice work so far though. (Shout out to aarya, nice to see you back to greppo mate.)

(3). Written In Blood - Swim - Located in the southwest (45,46,35,36), these guys are in great position for growth. With the disbanding of the NB/NSL alliances it has left these guys in one of the best areas for growth. They have plenty of reds to plunder in western oceans for the remainder of the server. I look for these guys to take giant leaps in the next few months. They are part of the Musk/Bees coalition, which puts friends at their back and nuthin but fun in front :) Nice work so far!!

(4). Killer Bees - Swim - Born in O55, and now the proud owners of it, this team of fighters love to scrap it up. They came here to fight, and that's what they did. Part of the Musk/Blood coalition this is another group with friends to their back and tons of opportunity in front. It will be fun to watch how they decide to go about this world from here. They have multiple options as they are centrally located in the world. They are made up of strong leaders and players. They hold the best average points per player in this world. Solid!! (Look forward to joining in on one of their drunkin mumble nights)

(5). Say No To Corruption - Sink - This is whats left of the once #1 alliance NB/NSL. I want to give them a float, but I'm not sure what they will do from here. I will say that those who chose to stay and fight have my upmost respect. It's not an easy thing to do after an alliance mishap. They may look to merger into an exsisting top 10 alliance, or they may decide to fight as they are. Till we see how this goes we can't really gauge them fully. So will stick with sink for now, BUT I hope that's not the case.

(6). Sharks - Float - This is an alliance based out of the far north (O53,O43,O63). I recognize some names there, but unfortunately don't know alot about them. They should be able to continue to dominate the northern rim and perhaps start coming down and engaging a few core alliances before wonders start. Its a lil late in the world to make a serious splash in the core, but they can continue their northern dominance and make a run at some wonders. Definately a group to keep our eyes on. They could make a pact with a core alliance and then you never know from there.........

(8). Secrets of Pompeii - Swim - Another far north alliance. Great Players. Great leaders. They are competing for territory with the Sharks. These 2 alliances fought a lil bit back in may, but have since cooled off with battling. Maybe an agreement was made? Not sure, but this is an alliance to watch as they have alot of great players, and could cause quite a splash in the coming months till wonders. They could effectively work their way down and battle with the Musks. Def something to keep our eyes on.

(9). The Vanguard - Sink - Inbetween a rock and a hard place. Bloods to the south, Musks to the east, S.o.P. to the north. Not much room for growth and they are having to fight to keep what they do have. Numbers are against them. With the NB/NSL ordeal this leaves these guys as prime enemies for alot of the core alliances.

(10). Winter Wolves - Sink - I want to give them a float because they have conquered alot more cities from vanguard than vanguard has from them, BUT for the same reasons that vanguard is in trouble, so are these guys. This is another alliance that will start to take fire more and more because of the downfall of NB/NSL. Due to that reason alone, unless they make a really good pact or merger, I don't see a happy ending.......

(11). EPIDEMIC - Float - I know what you're thinkin right now. "Scott, why on earth are you giving these guys a float??" I'll tell you why. Here is a group who has had some really tuff breaks go there way. They lost some crucial pacts early, didn't get any help from NB/NSL in O45 against the rising coalition of Musks/Bloods/Bees, and through ALLLL of that these guys didn't ghost out or quit. They took the punches, and regrouped. Then they got back up and started swinging again. You attack them, they attack you back. They may not be the biggest alliance out there, but they have heart. And for that they get a "float" from me. They will stick together and they will be here to witness the end. And if they have anything to do about it, they will make some kind of impact on it too. Way to hang in there !!

(12). Black Dawn - Sink - Based out of the southeast just like the Black ships these guys have been dismantled by them. 90 day history shows Black ships have taken 158 cities from them and they have only taken 8 cities from the Ships. Unless these 2 are sisters and I don't know about it, those kind of numbers don't leave you to last long in a world full of animals like this one.

In Closing - Lots can still happen in this world. it is not over by a long shot. There can and i'm sure will be more twists that we don;t see coming. Will the great Musks/Bloods/Bees coalition last??? Can the Black Ships continue to dominate and take the 1 spot??? Will we see the remainder of NB/NSL make an impact somewhere? Can any of those talented rim alliances make a push to the core in time to do something major?? Hmmmmmm.........I guess that's why we keep on playing......

1., 3., 4, Winning maybe by default .. won't even be plastic crowns there, more in the way of candyfloss ... will go down as the biggest joke in Grepo history

Everyone else, the very best of luck (but please do watch your backs for the aforementioned alliances gutter level tactics)

DeletedUser41405

Top 12 Sink Or Swim

well explained and nicely written post
+1 rep, friend

Ranga1

Strategos
Top 12 Sink Or Swim

..................... Hmmmmmm.........I][/B]

Congrats to muskets! I finally see now why Mungus uses the word cuddle so much! Muskets/bloods/bees/sharks/secrets of pompei/all academies have done a great job of banding together to do the least amount of fighting possible to get to number 1! Great leadership who were/are always looking to fight either a smaller alliance or group with 9 different alliances to OP a bigger alliance! Players who love to hide away and pretend they can fight, who build full defense land nukes once a red dot gets on their island! Solid tactics guys, you have proven it works! And the bees, came here to fight (but barely fight anyone :D) another well played story!

DeletedUser49059

Congrats to muskets! I finally see now why Mungus uses the word cuddle so much! Muskets/bloods/bees/sharks/secrets of pompei/all academies have done a great job of banding together to do the least amount of fighting possible to get to number 1! Great leadership who were/are always looking to fight either a smaller alliance or group with 9 different alliances to OP a bigger alliance! Players who love to hide away and pretend they can fight, who build full defense land nukes once a red dot gets on their island! Solid tactics guys, you have proven it works! And the bees, came here to fight (but barely fight anyone :D) another well played story!

LOL...you think the world is over yet? Probably...not. Besides, didn't you leave ages ago? The rest of your team stuck it out until Alpha was unfairly condemned...and it was a perfect time/excuse to leave. Let's be honest about that - it was a convenient time to show solidarity and confront an issue that ultimately removed the #1 alliance from the server.

Frankly, it's a shame your team departed. Unlike your perception of the game/challenge, I and our members actually enjoyed battling NB players along the 54/55 line...so did several of my team. We will miss that...and frankly, so will the guys that were "left behind" by those that ghosted.

The only NB?NSL player whose departure I don't regret...Erik. He forced the coalition in Sinope. His actions forced the coalition situation here.

We (Bees) joined the coalition for a single purpose - to beat what he stood for in past worlds and to prevent his alliance from obtaining a "win" on this server using the same methodology.

Erik's no longer here in Golgi. Mission accomplished? Possibly.

In the meantime, several good players that were worthy enemies ghosted and left the server in a mess. Could it have been prevented? Sure...in several ways.

As for the Top 12...and to stay on topic and avoid a flogging by a forum mod...I think that the Top 12 remains in flux.

I would like to see what it looks like in a week...perhaps 2 weeks.

Kudos to Blitzkrieg for a good analysis of all the parties...including a "poor leader", such as myself.

Ultimately, who will get the crown for the world? Don't know...but it will be nice to see it be a race between multiple alliances to get there, just as Grepo was designed for.

Ranga1

Strategos
You know it's funny herefrdgrl, two worlds in a row you have let erik dictate how you play this game, it's a pity that you have felt the need to copy him in order for yourself to think you can beat him. You complain every world you play but then copy his same tactics, are you incapable of coming up with your own ideas? And i say it's over because based on yours and musk history you will never fight each other so yes i think it's game over.

Who has the courage to fight for themselves in this top 12? Musks who have needed help the whole server? Bees who have pretended to come here to fight only, will they finally fight? Black ships, will they fill their potential and get involved in major conflict? Wib, will they break away from their 2 masters and finally fight for themselves? Who knows but only 6 weeks or so till ww and I'm already out of this corrupt game and am enjoying every minute (i just had to come back to watch this story from the sidelines though )

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
You know it's funny herefrdgrl, two worlds in a row you have let erik dictate how you play this game, it's a pity that you have felt the need to copy him in order for yourself to think you can beat him. You complain every world you play but then copy his same tactics, are you incapable of coming up with your own ideas? And i say it's over because based on yours and musk history you will never fight each other so yes i think it's game over.

Who has the courage to fight for themselves in this top 12? Musks who have needed help the whole server? Bees who have pretended to come here to fight only, will they finally fight? Black ships, will they fill their potential and get involved in major conflict? Wib, will they break away from their 2 masters and finally fight for themselves? Who knows but only 6 weeks or so till ww and I'm already out of this corrupt game and am enjoying every minute (i just had to come back to watch this story from the sidelines though )

I take the laggards nothing amiss.
But everyone is free to do what, and when I feel that I should go than I do.
Cowardice, defeat, or whatever have nothing to do with this.
You mifgt debate it if we would be ranked No. 2 or 3, but when you're number one with 25% more cities than the second in the ranking, then clearly something else is going on.
When players from the enemy camp offend my members and put them under pressure to stop and do this in a criminal way, it stops for me, Inno failed in my protection and my members.
They chose not to take actions because it was all done on skype.
When I go to a park in real life, and a man says over Skype that he will get me in the park, you can be 100% sure the man will not get into the park. It should be the same for a virtual world.
When enemy founders also did not take actions it shows this comunity of players isn't what it was years ago. I remember I ones kicked out my own co-founder for similar letters what Kellyproud send in Golgi. It's how you wish to play, honor and style or the Kelly way.

Xalpha, maxi, and many others got punished and we waiting proof, in real world nobody got jailed without evidence unmless it's in a North korean style country.
It's just another push for me to step out.
As an company owner i serverd many big companies, some were the biggest in the world, i server them always as kings, as a client I always felt I had to be serverd the same way if not i fiond another dealer, suplier, or what ever.
Inno is no exception, and requires no special treatment.
Now I will enjoy my summer vacation the way my family deserve.
Golgi does not intresting me anylonger , but I do look forward who from my so called haters in that coaltion will be eaten first .
Broken promisses ? They will blame me and say well who could know they would ghost.

about my gameplay, I won worlds where I started out with only 14 players, this was my first server i had a full team and a half... Beth, you are a crazy woman, sinope your coalition was 50% bigger than mine, and the gameplay you dislike so much, do i really need to remind you all pacts I had in Sinope were created by poopstan, because they all were related in 1 way with his crew of ithaca... and musks lol , never have these people won, a single server on their own in the last years (except for rho and myonia) they (weasy) started with kronnoss worlds with 4 full premade teams, and you talking about me and not them pfffff..... u crazy and cleary your statement is personal.

Last edited:

makro 356

Phrourach
Erik, I have to agree with everything you've said, I can't +rep you as I've already done it yesterday...
Enjoy your vacations mate

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
1: The musketeers :
The musketeers, will swim but at what price!
So many legends who have sold their souls for a crown.
After their loss against No brakes those leaders asked NB mercy, any leader should ask mercy for his crew, not for themselves, and certainly not with the suggestion to betray their pacts (killerbees bloods ).
Many of them even teamed up with people they highly dislike just for the golden crown :).

Lucky for them NB ghosted so Weasy don't have to share the crown with the people she dislike so much - Mothershroom + Avanya, Weasy will only have to share with Ruth who she loves to call her personal pet slave, so I am unsure weither she likes her or not ;)

This boat has long ago sunk, but purely for statistics will float towards gold crown.

2: Black Ships :

I don't know this people except that this team should be killed ASAP. They never took initiative its a large group of noob simmers, it is a disgrace to see this group ranked 2.
Should I say more that a golden crown has became more and more an insane over-rated something.

3: Killer Bees
A long ago sunk.
At the outbreak of war NB, Musks, they were watching it.
It was not a bad tactic, they were in a bad position, a win of NB or MUSK meant just that they were the next in line.
But their loss came by their leader beth.
Beth failed to put aside personal emotions to reality.
Never trust a team (Karlo, weasy, Tim, Fool Fighter) if you've got the proof via screenshot that people would betray you for a gold crown.
This was an excellent opportunity for beth to reach out a hand to NB, but contrary to what had to be done she let a snake like Tim jarndog pollute her nest and gave him complete control over the team.
The result we all know, after the mass ghosting, Tim already rejoined Musks , Showed his true face.
Beth Has Failed her members, today she openly admitted it, her teams existence on this server was only the removal of Erik (me).
She didnt removed me , I did it myself, but I wonder how many of her members knew the true reason , dexxtroxxi, yes but he is the last person who's concerning about others.
This team is dead.
My thought are going to those who non stop wrote to me to stop propaganda, when the red swords are sailing yyour way please do think a moment of me :)

4: Written In Blood :
Leader is Ruthie, she is a loyal slave for Weasy, a slave don't complain, even if she got evidence that her master wish to kill her she will remain the way she is born, a slave.
This is not a team what stand on itself, so it will be rewarded with a losers golden crown from musks.

5: Say No To Corruption : NB left over 1500 ghost cities in 54, those are the people left behind, ranked 5 after this masssive ghosting is an amzing sign that NB/NSL really rocked the server. This team is together with Epidemic , vanguard, Black dawn the only ones in this top 12 with pride honnor and a soul ! I wish them all the best.

6: Sharks :
They were brave to figth NB, NSL, but at 1 moment of the server you have to think what is best for your crew, this war was not in their best intrests. They will stay t'ill end fighting local wars, bottom line, wasting a whole summer vacation for who knows what?

7: Secrets of Pompeii :
This team has a lot of secrets, there founder Avanya was our spy in sinope, using another account to inform us the standings of Fluffernuffers WW filling.

Poopstan aka Bowsers knows this, it amazes me that beth even teamed up with her likes after what she did for me and HH in sinope. complete insane

I don't like alliances where the founder is a former spy, so I give it a failed stated !

But also this founder is a complete noob, she was offered to have full partnership with NB/NSL, but somehow she got paranoia and agree to team up her old buddy Poopstan.
as stated before never team up a founders spy team, for us offcourse was another story, she spied for us, not for Beth.

This team has nothing to offer for the crown to any of musks and Killerbees, they are miles away from where at 1 moment world wonders will be build.
A founder should never team up with people who dislike you, Foofighter, Weasy, and others dislike this girl, some even blocked her ingame...
This team is a sink, and I hope for many people in grepolis they never become a soldier under this noob leadership.

8: The Vanguard :

I don't know this players but they fight against larger oponents, no matter the boat sinks or swim , their legacy is more honnorable to remember than the big boys.

9: Winter Wolves :

The founder overhere is Amanda aka Mothershroom, she started this server as my personal spy infiltrating other teams.
A spy is always risky to trust, but knowing Weasy's dislike towards her i felt pretty safe to choose this team over Kurbads team.
So I offered them a very good package deal.
I realise now , never feel safe when you deal with noobs.
This team is food and they can only blame Mothershroom, unless musks and the rest of the server choose to sim to the crown.

10 : EPIDEMIC :
This founder name is Shirley, i spoke very bad about her in sinope, but i am glad to saw her true side.
There is no other founder in this whole top 12 with more skills and honor than she does.
I wish them all the best.

11: Black Dawn :

This team does the best they can, fighting black ships for a long time (yes those blackships simmers who love to fight smaller fish), I suggest them to look at No corruption to get somekind of a package deal.

12 : Killer Hornets : wast of time to talk about this team

Last edited:

DeletedUser38478

Top 12 Sink Or Swim

Good top 12...thank you for putting in the time to construct it.