Top 12 Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser51786

Ohhhh is that true, Noobies and CS going to work together now, WOW Looks like Leaders looking for a Silver Platter Win, Shame on some on the Founders over their at CS & Noobies.
What I dont seem to get this world you cant swap in an out so why merge/work together lol. WoW shame on the fighters inside noobies and caustic to actually allow this to happen.

COME ON GUYS WHERE IS THE FUN WHEN THE 2 TOP ALLIANCE HAVE A FULL PACT WITH EACH OTHER, AND LOOKING TO SWAP SOME MEMBERS TO WW TEAM AND OTHERS TO FIGHTING ALLIANCE :) :) :) :)

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT ERIK W DOES THIS AND THAT AND LIKE TO COALITION UP A WORLD YET STILL CAUSTIC AND NOOBIES DOING SAME EXACT THING, SO BEFORE ANYONE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ERIK LOOK AT CAUSTIC FOUNDERS AND NOOBIES BECAUSE THEY DOING THE SAME DAMN THING.

EVERYONE WANT TO BE ERIK W BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

Ohhhh is that true, Noobies and CS going to work together now, WOW Looks like Leaders looking for a Silver Platter Win, Shame on some on the Founders over their at CS & Noobies.
What I dont seem to get this world you cant swap in an out so why merge/work together lol. WoW shame on the fighters inside noobies and caustic to actually allow this to happen.

COME ON GUYS WHERE IS THE FUN WHEN THE 2 TOP ALLIANCE HAVE A FULL PACT WITH EACH OTHER, AND LOOKING TO SWAP SOME MEMBERS TO WW TEAM AND OTHERS TO FIGHTING ALLIANCE :) :) :) :)

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT ERIK W DOES THIS AND THAT AND LIKE TO COALITION UP A WORLD YET STILL CAUSTIC AND NOOBIES DOING SAME EXACT THING, SO BEFORE ANYONE SAY **** ABOUT ERIK LOOK AT CAUSTIC FOUNDERS AND NOOBIES BECAUSE THEY DOING THE SAME DAMN THING.

No, there's two. Beth has long been a clone.

DeletedUser54622

Well I figured after so many years on Grepo it's about time I made my first (and no worries, also my last) post in the externals. Just for the thrill of it. Don't bother replying to what I'm about to write for I won't be impressed by it anyway, as I have never been impressed by any of the responses here only by the fact that so many people waste so much time to even read this nonsense regularly.

First of all I would like to congratulate certain people (and no, I'm not an old gossip-type grandma so I won't mention names) for totally wrecking something that once received the MMO Game Of The Year 2012 Award. It's dead. Grepo is dead. There is no more teamwork, no more inspiration, no more discoveries of talented players, no more "the best will win". It has become a monster of politics, better-said Al Capone-like relationships where someone who's just a player no matter how good or bad has any chance of just having fun. There are maybe 10-15 players who rule the game as a whole and the sad thing is none of them bothers to post or respond to anything in the external forums. Even sadder is the thing that some of these players who decide who wins and who loses aren't even playing in the world they are making decisions about!

Second of all I have to express my deepest pity for those who are responding to posts made in the external forums on a daily basis. Obviously you got the essence of the game totally wrong. The game is under en95.grepolis.com, not under en.forum.grepolis.com.

That having been said, there is one player I have to address publicly about his "principals". Or better said, his lack of them. Someone who did not only contribute even more to the mafia-like relations I mentioned above. One player, one person who empersonates so many historical figures that it's almost impossible to list them all. But just to give an idea: Gaius Cassius Longinus, Marcus Junius Brutus, Judas Iscariot, Guy Fawkes, Robert Hanssen. The idea is the next: Claim that you're member of an alliance (better said ex-leader who stepped down himself) and you're not happy with what's happening in the alliance. There's three things you can do. Try and change it for the better for everyone. That's too difficult for this guy. Leave the alliance and join another one. That's too easy for this guy. So you sit in that very alliance and do your own diplomacy with other alliances while not being the alliance diplomat and while not being in leadership. You make deals with a founder in Caustics without even consulting the leadership nor the remaining players of your own alliance. You start PMing the better players in the alliance you're a member of telling them how dissatisfied you are with the leadership and promise them you would do it better. Promise #1 made: you wouldn't do politics (now read back three lines and say you're not doing politics).

Promise #2 made: you wouldn't allow simmers in your alliance.
Puzzle included: find the simmers in the table below.

2825d65d3a7154cbe4e057afaf180214.png

Promise #3 made: you wouldn't hand over your O43 cities to Caustics. Do I really have to explain the map below?

b81cf67a5e81fa9327817d8fa4fb4997.png

Promise #4 made: you wouldn't attack small targets. You want big targets. Targets that fight back. You wouldn't want to take all but one city you took during the last few weeks from your ex-teammates in the alliance you betrayed and left.

e3ffd7e0eedc325f211ce071a2cdd3fe.png

So much for principles. So much for honor. This is why Grepo is dead. This is why people are leaving. You're all free to start discussing now. Is the author of this post a good leader or not? Probably not. But save your keyboard and your time. It's not important.

Is the author of this post a good player or not? Probably not. That's also not important.

The matter here is about LOYALTY. Here's the link for iMrCornetto. Cornetto, check it out and learn something new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty

DeletedUser46395

Well I figured after so many years on Grepo it's about time I made my first (and no worries, also my last) post in the externals. Just for the thrill of it. Don't bother replying to what I'm about to write for I won't be impressed by it anyway, as I have never been impressed by any of the responses here only by the fact that so many people waste so much time to even read this nonsense regularly.

First of all I would like to congratulate certain people (and no, I'm not an old gossip-type grandma so I won't mention names) for totally wrecking something that once received the MMO Game Of The Year 2012 Award. It's dead. Grepo is dead. There is no more teamwork, no more inspiration, no more discoveries of talented players, no more "the best will win". It has become a monster of politics, better-said Al Capone-like relationships where someone who's just a player no matter how good or bad has any chance of just having fun. There are maybe 10-15 players who rule the game as a whole and the sad thing is none of them bothers to post or respond to anything in the external forums. Even sadder is the thing that some of these players who decide who wins and who loses aren't even playing in the world they are making decisions about!

Second of all I have to express my deepest pity for those who are responding to posts made in the external forums on a daily basis. Obviously you got the essence of the game totally wrong. The game is under en95.grepolis.com, not under en.forum.grepolis.com.

That having been said, there is one player I have to address publicly about his "principals". Or better said, his lack of them. Someone who did not only contribute even more to the mafia-like relations I mentioned above. One player, one person who empersonates so many historical figures that it's almost impossible to list them all. But just to give an idea: Gaius Cassius Longinus, Marcus Junius Brutus, Judas Iscariot, Guy Fawkes, Robert Hanssen. The idea is the next: Claim that you're member of an alliance (better said ex-leader who stepped down himself) and you're not happy with what's happening in the alliance. There's three things you can do. Try and change it for the better for everyone. That's too difficult for this guy. Leave the alliance and join another one. That's too easy for this guy. So you sit in that very alliance and do your own diplomacy with other alliances while not being the alliance diplomat and while not being in leadership. You make deals with a founder in Caustics without even consulting the leadership nor the remaining players of your own alliance. You start PMing the better players in the alliance you're a member of telling them how dissatisfied you are with the leadership and promise them you would do it better. Promise #1 made: you wouldn't do politics (now read back three lines and say you're not doing politics).

Promise #3 made: you wouldn't hand over your O43 cities to Caustics. Do I really have to explain the map below?

Promise #4 made: you wouldn't attack small targets. You want big targets. Targets that fight back. You wouldn't want to take all but one city you took during the last few weeks from your ex-teammates in the alliance you betrayed and left.

So much for principles. So much for honor. This is why Grepo is dead. This is why people are leaving. You're all free to start discussing now. Is the author of this post a good leader or not? Probably not. But save your keyboard and your time. It's not important.

Is the author of this post a good player or not? Probably not. That's also not important.

The matter here is about LOYALTY. Here's the link for iMrCornetto. Cornetto, check it out and learn something new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty

And that's a top 12 how, exactly? Should be it's own PnP. But if you're trying to say that Grepo is dying on its feet because of Cornetto Man, I think your hypothesis is somewhat flawed. Not quite so flawed as the logic that says there's no value to these forums before you proceed to try to use these forums as a weapon, but hey... ';)

DeletedUser51423

So this is a top 12 thread. Comments on the top 12 alliances go here, and trash talk or PnP's for that matter go elsewhere.

DeletedUser48256

Since you won't be making any more posts and this is the wrong thread for this, I'll keep my reply short and simple.

All the 'plotting', as you call it, and diplomatic talks were done after the vote was settled.

Sorry magick
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

DeletedUser54360

Homerv has made a dignified and yes cathartic entry into this cesspit.

Much of what he says is correct.

I had no idea that the betrayals he suffered were just as bad ( worse maybe ) as those visited upon me by the CABAL .

Had i any idea what he was going through I would have been less of a pain and more of a friend.

Homer I am sorry for my misdeeds and will make it up to you any way I can starting right now.

I know what it is to be betrayed and I know what it is to achieve vengeance and Justice.

If you are willing i will help you get yours..

DeletedUser51423

BOYS. Seriously, this is not the place to be discussing this. Take to the trash talk thread, or any of the other threads y'all use to fight with each other. I will not be coming in here again to get this thread back on track.

And on that note, a new Top 12 please?

DeletedUser54451

BOYS. Seriously, this is not the place to be discussing this. Take to the trash talk thread, or any of the other threads y'all use to fight with each other. I will not be coming in here again to get this thread back on track.

And on that note, a new Top 12 please?
I have not done a top 12 so here goes...
LKpyXRs.png

1. Extortion. Float. I will will only give it a float for now because of the ridiculous merge with SMYN. I want to see how things plays out first before I upgrade to a swim. Right now if they decide to hug things out they'll get WW piece of cake. That's always the most fun option right?
2. Show Me Your Noobies. Float/Sink. I am leaning more towards sink. There's a lot of disgust and the better fighters from SMYN certainly aren't please. As a result we will expect to see the better players move elsewhere. Perhaps to some alliances that foster fights and anti-hug policies.
3. Written In Blood. Floaty Swim. Their sister alliance Blood Ties is getting wrecked hard. After those guys are done I suspect Written In Blood will collapse in due time. But we'll see. They have good fighters but we'll see how they fight their way out of the situation they are in.
4. This is Not A Drill. Floaty swim. Their alliance bp is kinda not impressive. And my alliance Noobs have recently surpassed them by half a million bp's. But they seem to have some good players so we'll see how things play out.
5. This is Not A Hammer. Floaty Swim. Good players there. Decent overall alliance bp's but not impressive. Sister to Drills so idk what to say about these guys.
6. Caustic Juice. Sink. Another bs sister to Extortion and SMYN. Wonder when shaz will come onto the forums saying otherwise.
7. Noobs. Floaty Swim. My alliance. I'm not trying to be biased. But our bp gain is stellar. Surpassing drills and being number 4th overall fighters. We have much more to climb! But I will admit in recent times we have had to overcome hurdles. There's deadweight to kill off and we got to secure our ocean 65.
8. The Langolier Ones. Float. Got some good players but I really don't think these guys will survive in due time. As a result I only give float for now.
9. Last of The Rim Lords. Floating on a raft with bullet holes. I don't mean any disrespect when WG reads this but the situation hes in isn't that great. He's probably the dark horse of the world. Excellent fighter. Big mouth but I love reading his posts. His alliance has been getting creamed though.
10. Blood Ties. Travelling on a a gasoline filled raft in the Bermuda Triangle. These guys are getting their rears kicked. Not only by my alliance but by SMYN. Their best fighter Evil Bad Guy seems to be the guy carrying them as usual. He survives on his undwindling gold supplies. But I suspect he'll end up moving to main Written in Blood in due time.
11. The Resurrected. Floaty Swim. They are based in 66. Fighting bloods too. They have some decent players but no real fighters in all honesty except for donpj and a few others.
12. Blood Pressure. Travelling on a raft filled with dynamite and thrown into a volcano under the sea. Another one of Written in Blood's uglier sisters.

I haven't given a single alliance in this world a solid Swim. You have to earn it. So far I see bs hugging and too many sisters.

DeletedUser46395

We're at best half way to WWs, so it will be very interesting to see how things settle down.

DeletedUser54360

I have not done a top 12 so here goes...
LKpyXRs.png

1. Extortion. Float. I will will only give it a float for now because of the ridiculous merge with SMYN. I want to see how things plays out first before I upgrade to a swim. Right now if they decide to hug things out they'll get WW piece of cake. That's always the most fun option right?
2. Show Me Your Noobies. Float/Sink. I am leaning more towards sink. There's a lot of disgust and the better fighters from SMYN certainly aren't please. As a result we will expect to see the better players move elsewhere. Perhaps to some alliances that foster fights and anti-hug policies.
3. Written In Blood. Floaty Swim. Their sister alliance Blood Ties is getting wrecked hard. After those guys are done I suspect Written In Blood will collapse in due time. But we'll see. They have good fighters but we'll see how they fight their way out of the situation they are in.
4. This is Not A Drill. Floaty swim. Their alliance bp is kinda not impressive. And my alliance Noobs have recently surpassed them by half a million bp's. But they seem to have some good players so we'll see how things play out.
5. This is Not A Hammer. Floaty Swim. Good players there. Decent overall alliance bp's but not impressive. Sister to Drills so idk what to say about these guys.
6. Caustic Juice. Sink. Another bs sister to Extortion and SMYN. Wonder when shaz will come onto the forums saying otherwise.
7. Noobs. Floaty Swim. My alliance. I'm not trying to be biased. But our bp gain is stellar. Surpassing drills and being number 4th overall fighters. We have much more to climb! But I will admit in recent times we have had to overcome hurdles. There's deadweight to kill off and we got to secure our ocean 65.
8. The Langolier Ones. Float. Got some good players but I really don't think these guys will survive in due time. As a result I only give float for now.
9. Last of The Rim Lords. Floating on a raft with bullet holes. I don't mean any disrespect when WG reads this but the situation hes in isn't that great. He's probably the dark horse of the world. Excellent fighter. Big mouth but I love reading his posts. His alliance has been getting creamed though.
10. Blood Ties. Travelling on a a gasoline filled raft in the Bermuda Triangle. These guys are getting their rears kicked. Not only by my alliance but by SMYN. Their best fighter Evil Bad Guy seems to be the guy carrying them as usual. He survives on his undwindling gold supplies. But I suspect he'll end up moving to main Written in Blood in due time.
11. The Resurrected. Floaty Swim. They are based in 66. Fighting bloods too. They have some decent players but no real fighters in all honesty except for donpj and a few others.
12. Blood Pressure. Travelling on a raft filled with dynamite and thrown into a volcano under the sea. Another one of Written in Blood's uglier sisters.

I haven't given a single alliance in this world a solid Swim. You have to earn it. So far I see bs hugging and too many sisters.

I never have any problem with fair comments ..This analysis seems fair . But being at the back of the Bus queue does not mean you have to stay there.

One more month and then it really will be clear what is what and who is who> fair analysis Good Job!

DeletedUser54239

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT ERIK W DOES THIS AND THAT AND LIKE TO COALITION UP A WORLD YET STILL CAUSTIC AND NOOBIES DOING SAME EXACT THING, SO BEFORE ANYONE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ERIK LOOK AT CAUSTIC FOUNDERS AND NOOBIES BECAUSE THEY DOING THE SAME DAMN THING.

who is that one friend????
pls dont spoil ur reputation friend...
grepolis was never a one player game, it was always a team game and will be...
so, play the game and enjoy....
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif

DeletedUser54451

who is that one friend????
pls dont spoil ur reputation friend...
grepolis was never a one player game, it was always a team game and will be...
so, play the game and enjoy....
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
Grepo is a team game alright. Then if that's the case don't you think with effort and a good team you can go against Noobies? Nope. Instead put all the huge golders and fighters in one coalition and get easy cowardly wins. So I guess if that's the definition of enjoyment then you should play sim city. I won't call you a bad player, but anybody can get your stats with a ton of gold. Just foolish of your alliance to go your direction and if you feel it was a good idea then your argument of "team game" and "enjoy the game this way" is a fallacy. It's quite hilarious in all honesty. I just wish I spawned in your alliance's area. Maybe would give me more satisfaction fighting you guys rather than bloods. But I will work my way over there in due time. Maybe teach you guys a lesson.

Ryann16

Strategos
I never have any problem with fair comments ..This analysis seems fair . But being at the back of the Bus queue does not mean you have to stay there.

One more month and then it really will be clear what is what and who is who> fair analysis Good Job!
Tbh i think im starting to get a lot of respect for you o_O

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach
Grepo is a team game alright. Then if that's the case don't you think with effort and a good team you can go against Noobies? Nope. Instead put all the huge golders and fighters in one coalition and get easy cowardly wins. So I guess if that's the definition of enjoyment then you should play sim city. I won't call you a bad player, but anybody can get your stats with a ton of gold. Just foolish of your alliance to go your direction and if you feel it was a good idea then your argument of "team game" and "enjoy the game this way" is a fallacy. It's quite hilarious in all honesty. I just wish I spawned in your alliance's area. Maybe would give me more satisfaction fighting you guys rather than bloods. But I will work my way over there in due time. Maybe teach you guys a lesson.
If you spawned next to us , u wouldnt be here mouthing off...

Guess where u'd be? Rimmed !
Someone must have inflated ur ego ...go back to ur right place

DeletedUser14167

If you spawned next to us , u wouldnt be here mouthing off...

Guess where u'd be? Rimmed !
Someone must have inflated ur ego ...go back to ur right place
*reality check*
bahaha as if
bunch of golding simmers you lot are
havent faced a decent alliance at all? literally sitting there in your corner protected by your guard dog noobies.
extortion is pretty much the most pathetic thing ive seen coming across in my 7 years of playing this game.
my alliance is 1/3 the size but we have 66% of your guy's bp.

talk about an inflated ego
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

I'm wondering what connection some of these comments have with a Top 12... there is a Trash Talk thread available. Perhaps some of you might want to base yourselves permanently in there? ;)

wreakedhavoc

Phrourach
*reality check*
bahaha as if
bunch of golding simmers you lot are
havent faced a decent alliance at all? literally sitting there in your corner protected by your guard dog noobies.
extortion is pretty much the most pathetic thing ive seen coming across in my 7 years of playing this game.
my alliance is 1/3 the size but we have 66% of your guy's bp.

talk about an inflated ego
smiley_emoticons_kaffee2.gif
Get ur facts straight we are number 1 attackers and fighters with bp combined with caustic ur a joke..i'll stop commenting now...i only wish u were somewhere close to my cities

Last edited:

DeletedUser14167

Get ur facts straight we are number 1 attackers and fighters with bp combined with caustic ur a joke..i'll stop commenting now...i only wish u were somewhere close to my cities
>rank 8 points
>rank 33 bp

i rest my case. stay simming