Someone needs to say it..

DeletedUser

Volsung - You are correct. I am a member of EO. And I see what is on the horizon. I am not afraid of it. But I recognize the inevitable when I see it.

Bend makes a very valid point. If you do not want to disband, then dissolve all your current pacts. Go after TSL, KOA, SS, whoever else happens to be in the way.

I am not a leader in my alliance and do not speak for them, but honestly, I have long believed the only way MOS was going to be defeated was by EVERY OTHER top 15 alliance banding together and hitting them from every side. Even then it is not guaranteed, but it sure as heck has a better chance than one, or two alliances at a time trying to stop the machine that is MOS.

You can hold to your notions that Pella isnt dead, but as it stands right now, NOBODY wants to battle MOS. Nobody in their right mind, anyway. As I have stated, I give credit where credit is due. MOS is a product of their own success. They crushed everything in their path.
KOA, you want a real challenge after you finish with SF? Go against MOS. But of course you won't. You do not want to be crushed like everyone else. Much better to be friends with the most powerful alliance and pick at the fringes.

WW is a year or more off. It will never get here the way it stands. Not while anyone is left at any rate..

So those are the options if you TRULY want to make things relevant again. Disband MOS, or dissolve all your pacts. Because the world
will not progress the way it stands.

DeletedUser

Although I understand where you are coming from Tyrone all the blame can not be put on Inno. I do put a decent amount of it on them for releasing new worlds every two weeks like fools though, all about the money to them. Anyway when you guys form a super alliance like you have here from the start of the server it is inevitable that you will eventually run over every other alliance especially when you make pacts along the way. That is another reason I really like servers with an alliance cap of around 30 or so, pretty much perfect, makes it so that a ton of good players cant get together. Yes I know you can make academies/wings, but its not the same thing as these alliances will eventually have to fight during WW time as only one alliance can win WW.

DeletedUser

it won't be dead for long, give it a week or so and someone will no doubt say something to someone else and that will either someone in your leadership off or the leadership in one of your allies and boom! war breaks out.

a very similar thread popped up on achillies about 2 months back, and the server was in a very similar posistion with the top 3 all being in a very close knit pact and it looking like a stalemate, before you knew it all hell had broken loose with a splinter group breaking out from those 3 alliances and turning on them. Suddenly there was no front line against an old enemy, the entire core was a war zone!

just give it time you don't know what will happen.

DeletedUser32234

KoA taking on MOS? That is suicide. Like someone said, the only way anyone would come close to them is a huge amount of alliances working together, but that will never happen, which is cool by me.

We have plenty of targets to look at now that SF is gone and we are nearly finished picking off their refugees. Seems like STAND basically just dissolved into EO, So much for "Making their final stand" And before that when they were Everlasting, they didn't even last a couple of days lol.

So yea, I wonder who it is that we will be looking at now.... Just have to wait and see =)

DeletedUser

I would like to say something on this....

I have played in many worlds under many guises, one of which was Athens world under account name Kelubuc1. I was part of a totally dominant alliance by the name of Nordic Nightmares, who on reflection, were probably twice as dominant as MOS are now.

Now, all I see in Pella at the moment are alliances folding and giving up far too easily....this is a fair reflection of the quality of our opponents, is it not?

On the other hand, in Athens when Nordic Nightmares was absolutely destroying everything in our path did our competition fold and leave the world.....? Did they heck.....they banded together, created a mass pact with a few alliances and fought back....believe me, I was not enjoying seeing our beloved NN alliance die, but looking back I take my proverbial hat off to the players that organised the fight back.

Within 2 months NN was no more, so I say to YOU, players of Pella, do not despair , but rise up like you know you can. Those who have the slightest ounce of courage need to coordinate and organize a fightback.

I hope you take heed and give us a proper fight like we deserve.....

DeletedUser

Alright you know I have great respect for MOS and all of its players so all of this is said with no disrespect, but I will give my version/opinion of why the world is the way it is.

1. Pacts - when MOS reformed into a super group like they were they should not of had any pacts. Think if you guys would of had no pacts with anyone at the beginning, you would of been fighting everyone on all fronts. Yes this would of been more challenging, but it would of been much more fun for you guys as well and given other alliances more of a chance. PB took this approach on Corinth and it made the server more intresting imo. It made all the other alliances sort of unite in everyone vs PB mentality. So although they were an amazing team it still gave the other alliances a sliver of hope and a reason to fight. As it stands now the second and third ranked alliance on the server are both allies with MOS. This is obviously no accident. The way you guys fought at first you were fighting one or two legit alliances at a time with an ally (BoM). Fighting this way made it much easier for you guys to assert early dominance. Once you gained the advantage early by doing this it became nearly impossible for anyone to really match you. Another example of pacts, your war against Silver, think if you would of fought Silver and TSL at the same time instead of pacting with TSL. This would of made the fight much much tougher for you guys, at the same time much more interesting.

Hi Bend, I do always enjoy your posts and this one wasn't an exception. The thing you don't realize though is that the only reason these alliances you were talking about have grown this strong and large is because they pacted with us, not the other way around. BoM was rank#6 alliance when we NAPed with them, SS was about rank#15 and TSL was lower than rank#12. The only reason SS hasn't grown to rank#2-4 is because they have EO fighting against them without us being close to help. And once we're there to help them they would get fed with EO cities just the way we would.

We never pacted with top alliances or ones having half as many points as we did so you guys are not to blame us for choosing easy ways.

As for TSL we only pacted with them cause we shared an enemy and being allied we would've avoided friendly fire. Not to mention that this way we were able to ruin a lot of silver sieges on TSL cities. If you guys read Machiavelli regarding pacts and allys you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Bend, I do always enjoy your posts and this one wasn't an exception. The thing you don't realize though is that the only reason these alliances you were talking about have grown this strong and large is because they pacted with us, not the other way around. BoM was rank#6 alliance when we NAPed with them, SS was about rank#15 and TSL was lower than rank#12. The only reason SS hasn't grown to rank#2-4 is because they have EO fighting against them without us being close to help. And once we're there to help them they would get fed with EO cities just the way we would.

We never pacted with top alliances or ones having half as many points as we did so you guys are not to blame us for choosing easy ways.

As for TSL we only pacted with them cause we shared an enemy and being allied we would've avoided friendly fire. Not to mention that this way we were able to ruin a lot of silver sieges on TSL cities. If you guys read Machiavelli regarding pacts and allys you know what I mean.

Why pact then if your pacts are of no benefit to you?? I seriously think you should try follow in PB's footsteps and win a server pact-free.

DeletedUser

Oh no I wasn't saying they were good at the time of you pacting with them. I was more or less saying that they are number 2 and 3 because you are pacted with them. As you said if you look at these alliances you will see them rising in rank once they were pacted with you, especially in the case of TSL who was getting trounced. My point was more or less that a truly dominate alliance such as you guys could of survived without any pacts and it would of made the world much more competitive and made it more fun for you guys. As Jono said I think PB had the right idea trying to win the world without pacts.

I am not totally against pacts, as they are necessary in some circumstances, such if you are weaker alliances fighting against a bigger alliance and need to work together. I feel though that in your guys case they were/are not necessary as you are the clear cut best alliance/super power on the server. As someone else stated even if the rest of the alliances were all to attack you at one time it would still be tough to take you guys down. Anyway though to each their own and as I said if you guys want to play with pacts that is your choice and I respect it. I just think it would be more fun for you guys and the rest of the server if you were to drop your pacts.

Now on the subject of what Frenzy said I have a few comments. I played Athens as well and I completely disagree that NN was more dominate than MOS. NN lost cities to other alliances on a fairly regular basis where as MOS really does not. I know that they lost cities because the top player on the server at the time and the top NN player lost some cities to my alliance Triad at the time. So I think you are wrong about that. With that said I agree the server is still young in comparison to others and who knows what will happen down the road, MOS players may get bored and leave or have internal strife. Hard to know. On another note about Athens, it also had morale where this server does not, I think that made it easier for some of the smaller alliances to fight back.

DeletedUser

As a founding member of EO I find that I should also comment this matter.

First of all - sincere congratulations winning this server. It sounds riddiculous considering how small Pella world is compearing with other servers, but its true. Whatever you did to win, you did it right. But this right doing also involves most of the the reasons why this server is in the state you are complaining now. There are different ways finding winning formula in this game and you have managed to do it. That said some of your formulas components has caused this situation you are finding yourselves in now.
bend24 and Aidica has pointed out most of the reasons. Especially enlightening is bend24's first post.

Truth is that real situation and mood is even sadder than numbers show. TCF/TNW and EO top 10 guys and girls has left this server for good - so there are +500 cities for you to colonize. Yeah, colonize, because these are just empty spots waiting to be filled.

EO has never been afraid of a good fight. Good fight means that there are good players battleing it out with at least theoretical hope for number 1 spot. Although we haven't had till now real frontline with MOS we have seen always you as our main threat and enemy. I am talking about post-HaVoC time, because before that we we were small outside Top-30 alliance. We have preaching among other alliances to make coalition against you, but there has always been too few of us to make the difference. There is no price for the second place, but only TCF and Silver has shared this oppinion so far. Now we having situation where Top-3 alliances are all pacted and you are complaining why server is dead being at the same time responible for this situation.
Best times in this server fighting wise were during summertime - EO was fighting with SS who was exactly the same size as we were at that time and TCF/Silver were fighting MOS. These were the times when battles were equal and fun. So what changed so quickly?

Now we get back to rotten components of winning formula.
Firstly info leaking and spies (which in all fairness isn't this servers unique problem). For example if there are two aliances both size 1 fighting with aliiance size 2 then even if it is numbers equal confrontation 1+1 combine coalition never fights and communicates as eefectivley as size 2 alliance. Now if add info leaking to top alliance and its lapdogs it makes it even more unequal. Plus other two are aware of it and trust each other - rightfully so - less and less. It got so quickly boring and for some of us frustrating that even you, chris, PM-d one TCF member mentionig it isn't fun anymore when things are so easy. Yes it wasn't, but you did nothing to stop it. Second thing I remember Volsung defending spys saying that spy thing is always alliances internal problem. I don't know in which world Volsung lives, but in real life spies have always been first and foremost foreign affair causing smaller or bigger confrontations between countries/alliances. Most ironic thing about this spy scandal is that Volsung representing MOS as third party interferred in conflict between us and SS making it thus exactly forign problem.

Secondly - other big alliances (MOS partners) living in illusion that if they wait, grow themselves bigger in expense of minor league alliances, not involving themselves in this war against MOS and let others do the dirty work, they manage to sneak themselves to top position. No - it wont happen and sooner or later (now I predict that sooner) will be their turn. We have been in touch with every top 8 alliances and on priciple they agree that if this situation - they being on MOS side - continues, MOS will be winner of this server. But there has been no action taken from their part to change this. They have always hoped that war between MOS/SS vs TCF/EO will be long enough to them collect some fat. Now when they are realizing that core of TCF and EO are indeed actually leaving this server, they have trying to change things because they are feeling cold breath of MOS touching their necks. But it is too late! 1-2 month ago should have been done it. But after all we are all humans and self preservation is big part of our behaviour.

So congratulations again! You have done almost everything right in terms of winning this world leaving no stone unturned. But at the same time it has turned Pella into dying world. Innogames launching every month new worlds hasn't helped the situation.

Now about solutions for those who are staying: option to disband MOS is not adequate. I myself can't imagine fighting against my team mates in the same world . Dissolving all the pacts won't be also an option anymore because there are no TCF and EO any more. It just delays inevitable - MOS winning. So for those who stays in Pella there is one reasonable option - whole MOS goes for a month VM. Within that period those who want to put up a good fight can take over most of the EO-s and TCF-s cities, positioning themselves strategically. Building cities up and after a month will fight with MOS when they return from VM. And of course there will be no NAP-s and pacts with anybody for MOS.

DeletedUser

Il be honest im not been big headed at all about my alliance mates but as long as MOS is around the rest of Pella doesnt stand a chance every last active MOS member is as blood thirsty as the next.

Honestly if Pella is to get livin up all of Pella needs to take us on hey i wont complain plenty BPS more Max :)

Bring it on Pella

DeletedUser

oh for hells sake everyone, the world is 4 or 5 months old, all thats happened is MoS have won the first round, the opening round. The world is far from over.

Give it a week or two and someone will start bickering with someone else and a new war will break out.

DeletedUser

I would like to say something on this....

I have played in many worlds under many guises, one of which was Athens world under account name Kelubuc1. I was part of a totally dominant alliance by the name of Nordic Nightmares, who on reflection, were probably twice as dominant as MOS are now.

Now, all I see in Pella at the moment are alliances folding and giving up far too easily....this is a fair reflection of the quality of our opponents, is it not?

On the other hand, in Athens when Nordic Nightmares was absolutely destroying everything in our path did our competition fold and leave the world.....? Did they heck.....they banded together, created a mass pact with a few alliances and fought back....believe me, I was not enjoying seeing our beloved NN alliance die, but looking back I take my proverbial hat off to the players that organised the fight back.

Within 2 months NN was no more, so I say to YOU, players of Pella, do not despair , but rise up like you know you can. Those who have the slightest ounce of courage need to coordinate and organize a fightback.

I hope you take heed and give us a proper fight like we deserve.....

Hopefully that happens in Pella than

DeletedUser1483

oh for frigin hells sake everyone, the world is 4 or 5 months old, all thats happened is MoS have won the first round, the opening round. The world is far from over.

Give it a week or two and someone will start bickering with someone else and a new war will break out.

I hope so mate. ;) but I'm glad my MM has sparked a response in externals. Which no one would disagree we're definitely looking a little inactive.

DeletedUser

true, the externals had died a death

:eek: i've gone off topic. quick someone bring it back on before the thread is locked!!

DeletedUser

Now we get back to rotten components of winning formula.
Firstly info leaking and spies (which in all fairness isn't this servers unique problem). For example if there are two aliances both size 1 fighting with aliiance size 2 then even if it is numbers equal confrontation 1+1 combine coalition never fights and communicates as eefectivley as size 2 alliance. Now if add info leaking to top alliance and its lapdogs it makes it even more unequal. Plus other two are aware of it and trust each other - rightfully so - less and less. It got so quickly boring and for some of us frustrating that even you, chris, PM-d one TCF member mentionig it isn't fun anymore when things are so easy. Yes it wasn't, but you did nothing to stop it. Second thing I remember Volsung defending spys saying that spy thing is always alliances internal problem. I don't know in which world Volsung lives, but in real life spies have always been first and foremost foreign affair causing smaller or bigger confrontations between countries/alliances. Most ironic thing about this spy scandal is that Volsung representing MOS as third party interferred in conflict between us and SS making it thus exactly forign problem.

Sorry pal, I'm not sure which world you live in, but in that real life you're talking about I have a university degree in diplomacy and international relations, lol. If you have foreign agents and spies working on your territory then there would be confrontations if those spies are detected. But if there're your own citizens selling out the information then it is you to catch that traitor and punish him. No one has started any clashes with other countries because one of their citizens betrayed his own country, that difference I hope you might grasp.

Another thing is that the war between EO and MOS had absolutely nothing to do with that "spy scandal". You guys took in the refugees from former HaVoC whom we were fighting and refused to boot them. Ironically all the alliances we did beat (except White Eagles) brought the war on themselves, taking in some refugees and refusing to boot them (like EO, TCF\TNW and Silver), or taking in members that were in the ocean we agreed to be ours only (like HaVoC).

Think that you guys will, but being this strong and dominating MOS hasn't yet broken any pacts or alliances or declared a war against anyone without a serious cause and without giving a chance to revert the issue. That being said, you can't expect us to break our pacts and turn on our allies - for that they must break the treaties themselves.

DeletedUser

Vol mate even if all the alliances didnt take in refugees ya know we still gonna go after them :) just good thing they gave us a reason for it

DeletedUser

It is simple really. This world's winner will be determined by one thing. Who has the balls to man up and take on MOS. Every enemy has given up exceptionally fast (With the exception of Silver). TCF/TNW have players ghosting like no other. Now it is time for a new enemy. Instead of everyone sitting back and saying "drop your pacts" "disband MOS" "Go into VM for a month" (although that one was pretty funny). Come do something about it, quit running, quit turtling, quit ghosting. It makes the world no fun for you or for us. Just sayin'. All MOS is doing here is putting an offer on the table offering a fight. It is up to you all to accept it though.

DeletedUser

And on a side note, one of MOS's members, who does not have a forum account, asked that I post:

CALL THE WAAAAHHHMBULANCE!!!

That's for you Lady ;)

DeletedUser

Il be honest im not been big headed at all about my alliance mates but as long as MOS is around the rest of Pella doesnt stand a chance every last active MOS member is as blood thirsty as the next.

Honestly if Pella is to get livin up all of Pella needs to take us on hey i wont complain plenty BPS more Max :)

Bring it on Pella
This, this is a war game after all. You play to battle with each other, no one should take it personal, its part of the game. Like Max said more bp and batteling for everyone, would defiantly liven the server up.

DeletedUser

Look, MORS hasn't "won" because there are still other alliances. when it comes to WW time things may change. I dont think its worth dissolving such a team for. I think you should just crush every alliance that you aren't pacted with for now.