Speed world - opinions wanted!

Which settings would you like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22650

because nobodys gonna use any cuts due to the high speed and short shelf life of the server, i would like to see longer term servers with an entry or monthly fee and all the cuts switched off, not sure how many would want to pay for a fair playing field though....apart from the f2p dudes that wouldnt put anything in anyway :(

DeletedUser

because nobodys gonna use any cuts due to the high speed and short shelf life of the server, i would like to see longer term servers with an entry or monthly fee and all the cuts switched off, not sure how many would want to pay for a fair playing field though....apart from the f2p dudes that wouldnt put anything in anyway :(

It may happen once in a blue moon, but the likelihood of a 'fair playing field' coming about wont happen, least of all since that is a concept that is up to opinion, and one could play the devil's advocate and say that a truly fair war game would have units with identical values, which would be boring. Sometimes an 'imbalance' is needed to make things interesting.

These speeds worlds would probably be the closest concept to what you are advocating then, but having a pay-to-play concept added in would block out a lot of non-premium players, and also become dull with the limited competition.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Previous speed worlds have all cost gold to run due to the smaller player limit, the need for increased coverage by the devs, and the short period of time the server is in use. That being said I have no clue how much it will cost or if it will be free. In the pst though it used to cost like 100-200 gold.

I should have expanded and more clearly explained the reasons for a gold requirement on a speed world. The server is only able to house a relatively small number of players due to the high world speed. This means there are fewer players buying and using gold. Another reason for the gold entry fee is that the devs and others required for the running of a server need to spend more time watching this server. If a major bug pops up then it needs to be fixed asap as a few minutes on a speed world is a long time. Also the server is only ever open for few days at a time rather than the year or two normal servers have to offset their cost. So yes, speed servers typically do cost a bit of gold to get in but only because Inno has to make at least some money, otherwise why would they ever run speed worlds.

DeletedUser

It would be very interesting....i use to be in the first one in my old account...but it would be great to have a new one...

DeletedUser

well, i dont have much (just an occasional buyer...but I think it is reasonable.

Inno is a business. You wouldnt walk into the dollar store, grab 20 items and say you get it free cause you dont want to spend money on it, and the guy next to you does.

Every business must make profit, or it dies (and that applies to Inno)

50 gold - sounds good
100 gold - eh ok
200 gold - bit too high
200+ - good luck getting me to join lol

What you haven't considered there is the advisors. If it was 300 gold but you got all the advisors would you be happy to pay that?

That's another thing to consider in terms of gold expense.

DeletedUser29371

What you haven't considered there is the advisors. If it was 300 gold but you got all the advisors would you be happy to pay that?

If everyone has them its the same if noone has them hence no....

rather pay 100 and NOONE has them than pay 300 and everyone has them (well except for captain this one should be mandatory)

DeletedUser

If everyone has them its the same if noone has them hence no....

rather pay 100 and NOONE has them than pay 300 and everyone has them (well except for captain this one should be mandatory)

I wouldn't say having all advisors available at all, let alone the Captain as a standalone, wouldn't really be worth it. I agree more with your former position of paying up to 100 and getting none.

DeletedUser

I believe that 100-300 gold would be reasonable. After all the developers have more costs and less rewards for their work.
I recommend that they look to have one each season ... that way it can be the "Summer Speed World", "Winter Speed World", "Auturm Speed World" and "Spring Speed World".
Also It would be more fun if it was done once every 90 days (roughly) with say two weeks notice, including advertisement when logging in about the new Super Speed World.

DeletedUser2663

I believe that 100-300 gold would be reasonable. After all the developers have more costs and less rewards for their work.
I recommend that they look to have one each season ... that way it can be the "Summer Speed World", "Winter Speed World", "Auturm Speed World" and "Spring Speed World".
Also It would be more fun if it was done once every 90 days (roughly) with say two weeks notice, including advertisement when logging in about the new Super Speed World.

Thats actually a really good idea. As i know people will miss out solely based on the time of the year. Thats what happened for me for the last speed round. This idea opens up several possibilities that came to mind for inno to spice it up and bring a new competitive edge to the game.

DeletedUser

I want it to be free so that evreyone can join even if they aren't going to spend any real money on the game.

DeletedUser8396

You completely missed the point of that analogy. It wasnt saying inno's prices are fair, so you should get it.

It was saying that every business must make money and if you dont want to pay the price you dont get the stuff.

The amount of gold cost is irrelevant to my point.

To your point.

Another analogy:

The dollar store makes their prices according to what they can sell. If the dollar store rose their prices to a point that no one would buy, they would die, but the non payers STILL wont get the stuff unless they pay the required price no matter how high.

Its simple economics. They make it too high, the people may not buy. The people dont buy, the company may die.

Inno knows that, which is why their prices are mostly fair, BUT, even if they werent, if you dont pay the price and others do, you cant complain how you dont get the same advantages.

DeletedUser

Thanks for all your feedback guys :) Check the announcements forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.