Passed Spying Changes

Would you like this idea to be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • No.

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser345

Proposal:
My proposal is that we change the way that the spying system works. Instead of getting single reports, you could instead get regular updates from a spy that stays in the hostile city.

Reason:
This would make the game more realistic as in the ancient world you didn't just send a spy get one report and then have him walk off to the Caspian Sea, instead you would keep him in posistion reprting the enemies movements.

Details:
The spy would become an alltogether new unit that you could recruit in the cave for;

2000 Wood
1000 Rock
10000 Silver

Once you had this unit you could send it to a hostile city to spy on (the spy would have the same speed as it has currently). You pay (like usual) the amount silver to send the spy off on it's way. When the spy first arrives at the city you get a report like usual, but here is the twist. You can then decide to either call home the spy and send it to someone else or leave it there for a week. Unfortunatly for you your spy likes a nice drink and you must pay daily cost of 200 coins to have the spy reamain in the city. If you leave the spy there then you have the chance at any time to ask for a report for 2000 silver (from the cave). The downside is your spy can become in-active if the three following things happen:

1) You recall the spy.
2) The amount of silver in your cave goes below 1000.
3) Your spy gets executed, this happens as there is a 20% chance each spy report you request while your spy is in the city (excludes original report when sent).

Visual Aids:
Got none sorry :(

Balance:
You may say that the costs are huge especially in silver so as an added advantage you could say while a spy is active there is a 20 - 35% chance that he will "open" the gates for you and if you attack the wall will have no effect. The spy could also be undertaking in some sort of sabotage work here and there which lowers resource production in the village and possibly even lowers building levels randomly (like bolt).

Abuse Prevention:
Don't think you can cheat

Summary:
Already explained it :heh:

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice idea but I think the "opening the gates" proposal might be a bit overpowered, especially if you can position multiple spies in a city then that 30-45% chance could become a near certainty.

Otherwise it's an interesting proposal :)

DeletedUser2663

really good, i just tried and couldn't think of something that could be better so +rep for this well thought out idea. This would be great to see in game

I think there needs to be a better way for the gates to be opened, 30-45% seems to be to high to me, I reckon you could use somekind of formula such as your sliver sent with spy porportional to the silver in the enemy cave to calculate the chance. that way spys with alot more silver have a much higher chance of success and such. just my idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea to take the spy in a different direction. However I would lower the base chance of "opening the gates". Maybe down to 10% with an additional 1% per 10000 silver he has been given/remaining.

DeletedUser

Let me be the big bummer here. I'm not one for this. There could be issues with forgetting you have a spy out with the spy draining your cave. You could leave it somewhere overnight and do this.

I also say it is miles too expensive; I mean my silver is drained all the time anyway, I can't be expected to pay 10000 silver. And more realistic... nah. If you are to look upon the stature of a polis, it would be a quick trip to have a look. I wouldn't expect my spy to stay there, sip some devonshire cream tea and eat scones. The find an inn to hook up for the night. It would be more like; ok, I've got the info I need and theres a load of troops down there so I'm out of here.

I see nothing wrong with the current system. Sorry to be a scrooge; and the best of luck with your idea Achilles (I mean, my one vote won't stop nothing), but it is a no.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but i think it is way too expensive and draining the cave constantly can become a problem, maybe when you leave him there he can only stay for lets say a week (time period can be changed depending on what everyone thinks) and during this week at any time for 300 silver you can request a report and at the end of the week he comes back, Just a thought to work around some of the problems Osl listed.

DeletedUser345

I like the idea, but i think it is way too expensive and draining the cave constantly can become a problem, maybe when you leave him there he can only stay for lets say a week (time period can be changed depending on what everyone thinks) and during this week at any time for 300 silver you can request a report and at the end of the week he comes back, Just a thought to work around some of the problems Osl listed.

ok that looks good. do you want me to edit the first post with this on?

DeletedUser

the proposal seems to be one way what about the affected player how does my silver in the cave affect him if he just "walks in" in a time of war my "city gates" would be closed and stay closed no strangers/foreigners would be allowed access to the city
when a "paid" spy is sent to a city would the produced spys in the target city be counter intelligent? would they prevent and or kill the active incoming spy?

DeletedUser

maybe make it so you can only have one spy in any one city at a time, unless it's your own city and your own spy

DeletedUser

I personally love the idea, it would add a whole new dimension to the game. Instead of just spying right before you attack to see what he has you could now leave your spy there for a week and get a report at your request for a little silver and you could learn your enemies troop building patterns and what kind of unit the rely on heavily and you could create the perfect counter army for that. It would add a whole new strategic value to the game

+Rep for the idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.