The Darwin Awards

DeletedUser

I think the funny part is the size of the defense. The guy on that chariot probably messed himself as he pull into their port.

DeletedUser

I think the funny part is the size of the defense. The guy on that chariot probably messed himself as he pull into their port.
LOL. Didn't really pay close attention to the detail of your comment before....good line. Very humorous. :)

DeletedUser15015

I am going to nominate Knights in Tights for the Darwin Award. The whole alliance you ask? Yes!!

Earlier in the week I was approached by KiT for a peace agreement instead of continuing our war. Their reasoning was they were fighting wars on 4 fronts and wanted to concentrate in other areas besides ours. My initial thought was…well, if you didn’t prance around like you were the greatest of all time you might have a few groups who didn’t want to wipe you from the map. However I agreed to hear them out. Their major bargaining chip was a SPY they have within my group. They were willing to give up the name of the informant(s) and all KiT/SiT cities within our core area in order to have peace.
This sounded very nice for us at first since I truly hate spies…and hate is not even a strong enough word. But then after some additional thinking, who is to say they wont do it again. After all, their claim is they have spies in every major alliance.
I myself have been approached by members of other alliances in the past requesting us to ease up on them in exchange for intel. Those offers are always rejected. Spying, imo, is the lowest an alliance can sink. It is not enough for some alliances to just say, “you know what, those guys are just awesome” and move on. They will look for any bit of leverage they can get in order to try to make themselves look better to the server and put a fancy name to it…”Total War”
KiT, you can call what you are doing whatever you want…the simple fact is this. You have been getting inside intel from one of my members for quite some time and it STILL hasn’t helped you!!! Even with the knowledge of who we were going to attack, which cities we were targeting & the time and date of our attacks…we have taken 101 of their cities and have only lost 27 to them.
Now, I will say this…I do not feel Boh or Stevie are involved directly in these lowlife ventures but they are aware of it so in turn, they share in the guilt. Outside the game these guys are top notch fellows but sometimes even the best of people can be corrupted into taking the easy road.

Congrats KiT on your nomination for The Darwin Award...you guys deserve it!!!!! :p

DeletedUser

Well, said Conrad. I think everyone should remain committed to their war with KiT. They have taken on quite a bit of enemies. Now is not the time to ease up and allow them to focus on fewer enemies.

Also, I don't like spies either, but it seems every major alliance has one. I am aware of a KiT spy or spies in our alliance. They've had one for months now. My alliance does not have one spy anywhere, but that is not because we feel some sort of righteousness in the matter. Knowing that we have a spy from KiT and a possible spy from Deimos Arisen in our alliance makes me want to level the playing field. Unfortunately we don't have spies, and it's hard being a small alliance to attract spies or implant spies into a much larger alliance. Why work for a 7 million point alliance when you can work for a 19 million point alliance that already has a spy advantage? I have received information from spies of other alliances who gave us info in order to hurt KiT, but generally our alliance is blind to KiTs plans, and they have a better picture of what we're doing because of their spies. Which I think is pretty weak considering they already out match us by a considerable amount of points, but they still want the edge of having a spy? Lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

101 cities....

most from inactives or players who NEVER asked for support. I applaud your skill. We have taken all those cities from active players, bar a few that may have been inactive. You can boast your stats for the whole world to see, but this is what the truth is: this war is far from over, we offered you peace, and no, the Core of our agreement was NOT to offer a spy, no, it was something entirely different, something else entirely.

You say we prance around as if we are the greatest? No, not quite, however, i think we have a right to be proud of our accomplishments. We are one of the oldest alliances, and, as far as everyone was concerned at the start of the world we were doomed to fail. What were we accused of? An MRA that wont last the week, a bunch of point whores. And did we crumble? No, we have taken on every No. 1 alliance in the World at some stage, and so far beaten them all. We have destroyed many alliances, you say you beat ENYO, let m,e list the number of alliances we have beaten: The Shadow Warriors, NOTHING, Protogenoi, Black Lotus, League of Legends, The Tudors, ARES, ENYO (with you, when we fought side by side and you earned my respect, yes, you did the mileage, I have never denied this and I applaud your skill, but we contributed to their fall), Memento Mori, Knights of the Round, Republic of Underwoodia and last, but not least, we held of Evils Minions (they agreed to peace with us), one of the few alliances to do so, in fact, after we held them of, they did not grow for a month, we stopped them and they merged with ToT. This is not a 'boast' this is the facts. We have earned the right to call ourselves a strong alliance, a top alliance. Has it caused us enemies? Obviously it has.

This all said, I still consider you one of the most honourable players in Chi, and I respect you and your alliance.

Cheers
Boh

DeletedUser

They've had one for months now. My alliance does not have one spy anywhere, but that is not because we feel some sort of righteousness in the matter.

he has been less than useful. So, no need to worry about him/her/whoever it is. According to Mi6 :p

DeletedUser

101 cities....

most from inactives or players who NEVER asked for support. I applaud your skill. We have taken all those cities from active players, bar a few that may have been inactive. You can boast your stats for the whole world to see, but this is what the truth is: this war is far from over, we offered you peace, and no, the Core of our agreement was NOT to offer a spy, no, it was something entirely different, something else entirely.

You say we prance around as if we are the greatest? No, not quite, however, i think we have a right to be proud of our accomplishments. We are one of the oldest alliances, and, as far as everyone was concerned at the start of the world we were doomed to fail. What were we accused of? An MRA that wont last the week, a bunch of point whores. And did we crumble? No, we have taken on every No. 1 alliance in the World at some stage, and so far beaten them all. We have destroyed many alliances, you say you beat ENYO, let m,e list the number of alliances we have beaten: The Shadow Warriors, NOTHING, Protogenoi, Black Lotus, League of Legends, The Tudors, ARES, ENYO (with you, when we fought side by side and you earned my respect, yes, you did the mileage, I have never denied this and I applaud your skill, but we contributed to their fall), Memento Mori, Knights of the Round, Republic of Underwoodia and last, but not least, we held of Evils Minions (they agreed to peace with us), one of the few alliances to do so, in fact, after we held them of, they did not grow for a month, we stopped them and they merged with ToT. This is not a 'boast' this is the facts. We have earned the right to call ourselves a strong alliance, a top alliance. Has it caused us enemies? Obviously it has.

This all said, I still consider you one of the most honourable players in Chi, and I respect you and your alliance.

Cheers
Boh

it was us who turned them inactive..
we started with an active player..he got support.. good part form your side..
we tried again.. this time he got support but he lost cities your fellow members got disheartned..
we strike again.. then again you loose cities more got disheartned... some turned on vac mode and some lowered their activity...
we took those inactives.. and this further lowered ur guys morale... some approached to do personal nap.. rather then appraoach the leaders to strike..

so u think this is not credited.. we force your players to enter vac mode.. we lowered their morale which cause many to quit.. so it think it was win for our side and failure in your part as a leader..
even recently i found out that some gets more defense while others are left to die... we then took cities from those heavily stacked players.. players in vac mode.. aww.. again failure from the leadership part.. some even got tired of sending only defense.. again vac mode.. some thought of passing their time.. again looses..

so where do i rate now.. our skills or ur failure... your people lost cities..leader has to show team work is more important.. leader has to so that individual cant play against an alliance..a good leader will take responsibility of them loosing cities.. rather then blaming it on them..

i will not say we have a good leaders.. but when people from our alliance lost cities.. i personally make sure that their morale doesnt get down.. even if it meant that i have to give them my own cities..

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en22/player/1091125/colonizations?type=lose&enemy_player=-1&enemy_alliance=-1&min_points=&max_points=&page=0..

take my tip and this is a good method.. also ur spy must have also informed how we maintained our activity level... if not.. kindly ask him... and yeah i will say it is failure in our part that we were not able to earn enough respect from that particular player.. but still i am sure it must have been some real hard decision that the guy has to do it...

DeletedUser

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have been on here, but thought I would play some catch-up, so a little response to the noise on this thread.

- 101 vs 27 is not good, even with inactives, no doubt about that.
- These numbers are mainly because only about a dozen of our members have been hitting SP, who have been able to focus all their efforts on us. Most of these cities are also way past the edges of our empire, in south 045, cities we can never really defend in depth, especially if notice of attacks is short due to players who are not on much. That is life, and we always expected to lose a lot of these cities. No matter how good some of the players are, cities will be lost under those conditions.
- I would estimate half of the takes have been inactives, most of these cities have fallen before we even knew they were under attack.
- We did not offer our spy, as we don't have one. we offered the name of a spy... very different... why give it up if we get nothing for it. Pretty sure most other people would play the same way.
- Testy - get off your high horse. PM wise you seem decent, but on these forums you have just the biggest chip on your shoulder, you seem like a different person. If I did not know better I would assume an enemy had taken hold of your forum account.
- We have done no more bragging than most other alliances, and often a lot less; just because some enemies say we are big-headed does not make it so...
- Let me make this clear, SP are a good alliance, but grepostats is easy to read. The SP war with ENYO/ARES was level until we waded in (SP had a good 1st two weeks, then ENYO hit back hard). We took a dozen cities in a week, broke their front-line, and only then did ENYO lose lots to SP. Facts... annoying that they are... but facts nonetheless. Whether young, old or senile, it should be obvious to all that only with both of us attacking did they fall. They were a good alliance, and I am disappointed many ex-members have joined the arrogant SP; players I thought were trying to build something separate.

To be honest, SP and TURs prattle on about respect and how disrespectful the other alliances are to them, and then I read this. The SP guys we chatted to on skype seem decent enough, but clearly the fact they are now fighting on two fronts (with Obliterate now) has them rattled. Two fronts is easy though, believe me a lot easier than 4; lets see how they do now...

Ultimately, hypocrisy and half-Truths from SP and Testy, but no change there.

Steve

DeletedUser

High-horse? I would love to have a spy. If I could get a spy I'd get one. I wasn't brow-beating your alliance for your spies. Half-truths? Bohemond admitted you have a spy. Finally, you guys have done an incredible amount of bragging. I've gotten a disgusting amount of messages from your players bragging about how we're going to be crushed by you. Even tiny members who don't know what they're doing in the game. That's basically how our war got started with you in the first place. You guys attacked us for like a month before we did much against you guys. Ask Mansion9, France04, Xaltek, or LTCSchell. Your members talked a bunch of BS to us, lied to you, and you guys declared war on us.

Also, I admit I talk more flippantly on the forums in an attempt to bring attention to things. I wanted people to pay attention to LoL. I went off about MRAs to maybe get people to look at them. In my opinion LoL has played the game best, by far. They manage the size of their wars, and merge when necessary. They're huge now, with a lot of territory at the edge of the world where they can build wonders. Now they've intensified the war with ToT at a time they chose. I'm one of the furthest players from LoL, but they certainly seem well positioned for the wonders race which affects everyone.

Also, Bohemond brought up the inactive city race, I mentioned one inactive I took in response, and your guys went off at me.

DeletedUser

5 or 6 players bragging does not mean the alliance is arrogant... people seem to tar an alliance with the actions of a few. Even the most dictatorial leaders cannot stop this.

Some of our guys have shown a lack of respect to TURs, and got annoyed when you did not roll over, but the main players know better.

To be honest, I believe LoL are best-placed, unless they have squabbles between their alliances, as only one group of the 3 can win; but I am proud of the fact KiT the MRA became KiT the No. 1 alliance, with a lot of the same players leading the charge. We have learnt, we have supported, and most of us have played the game politely and with respect for our enemies.

4 months until WW, but most of us already have a place in hero world if we want it... and most movement over the next 3 months will not change the current outlook. LoL will build wonders in the SE, ToT in the North, us in the West, TUR in the NW, SP in the South 045

Most of these will not seriously be challenged by alliances who will be focused on building their own wonders, and it is therefore the alliance who can get their 20 most active players on one island, 48 hours away from enemies, that will likely win. As to who that is, I do not know, lots of previously very active players in the last few months have left. KiT alone have lost 3 of their top 5 players since xmas...people bored with the time needed to play the game as city count moves past 40, and families bored with the time they were spending on it. More will fall I suspect.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I believe LoL are best-placed, unless they have squabbles between their alliances, as only one group of the 3 can win; but I am proud of the fact KiT the MRA became KiT the No. 1 alliance, with a lot of the same players leading the charge. We have learnt, we have supported, and most of us have played the game politely and with respect for our enemies.

4 months until WW, but most of us already have a place in hero world if we want it... and most movement over the next 3 months will not change the current outlook. LoL will build wonders in the SE, ToT in the North, us in the West, TUR in the NW, SP in the South 045

to be honest and if i am correct.. u are wrong again in this respect.. LOL has chance to build wonders.. but last i scanned in this world.. obli has most world wonder islands.. with more then 10+ islands.. while LOL dont have that much.. so unless LOL stated to colonize islands or someone start attacking obliterate future will be very tough for all

DeletedUser

Well, Sasukepran, I think that right now, 4 months from WW, that territory is more important. Get a lot of room far away from enemies. When LOL is ready I'm sure they can build their wonder islands. It probably only takes about a week or two to build a wonder island. Right now, it's more key to get some room. Islands that are far away from enemies will be very safe to build wonders. Obliterate has other alliances on all sides. It has the islands set up, but they can be reached by other alliances. LoL has so much of the SE secure that their islands will be safer. At least this is my evaluation of the wonders chase. It only takes a couple weeks to get a city to full strength at a relaxed pace. LoL won't need to get these islands ready for 2 or 3 months.

DeletedUser

well yeah.. u are right... but thing is lol is loosing a lot of players due to inactivity.. so unless they are able to arrest i think it will be tough...also who knows there might be an internal conflict among the 3 LOL alliances.. anything can happen as we have seen in the Proto case.

DeletedUser

My statement on relative position was about LoL being best placed generally. 4 months is plenty of time to fill islands far to the SE, whereas all of obliterates will be in range of enemy attacks.

Give me some credit...

But I am wondering, like you, if they will have internal fights to see who gets to be in the prime LoL alliance. Or maybe a place in the hero world alliance if you act nicely...

DeletedUser

I am going to nominate Knights in Tights for the Darwin Award. The whole alliance you ask? Yes!!

Earlier in the week I was approached by KiT for a peace agreement instead of continuing our war. Their reasoning was they were fighting wars on 4 fronts and wanted to concentrate in other areas besides ours. My initial thought was…well, if you didn’t prance around like you were the greatest of all time you might have a few groups who didn’t want to wipe you from the map. However I agreed to hear them out. Their major bargaining chip was a SPY they have within my group. They were willing to give up the name of the informant(s) and all KiT/SiT cities within our core area in order to have peace.
This sounded very nice for us at first since I truly hate spies…and hate is not even a strong enough word. But then after some additional thinking, who is to say they wont do it again. After all, their claim is they have spies in every major alliance.
I myself have been approached by members of other alliances in the past requesting us to ease up on them in exchange for intel. Those offers are always rejected. Spying, imo, is the lowest an alliance can sink. It is not enough for some alliances to just say, “you know what, those guys are just awesome” and move on. They will look for any bit of leverage they can get in order to try to make themselves look better to the server and put a fancy name to it…”Total War”
KiT, you can call what you are doing whatever you want…the simple fact is this. You have been getting inside intel from one of my members for quite some time and it STILL hasn’t helped you!!! Even with the knowledge of who we were going to attack, which cities we were targeting & the time and date of our attacks…we have taken 101 of their cities and have only lost 27 to them.
Now, I will say this…I do not feel Boh or Stevie are involved directly in these lowlife ventures but they are aware of it so in turn, they share in the guilt. Outside the game these guys are top notch fellows but sometimes even the best of people can be corrupted into taking the easy road.

Congrats KiT on your nomination for The Darwin Award...you guys deserve it!!!!! :p

Hi all, I would just like to point out a few things here that conrad is not telling you all, Yes SP have done very well against KIT and i congratulate you for your success, SP are a very good alliance there is no doubt about that. But i would like to put this into perspective a little because like all wars the city takes do not explain the whole story.

Now regardless of the fact of wether they were in-active or not, all your city takes were in your dominant ocean where you have complete dominance, so for Kit to take a SP city is much harder for 2 reasons, 1, much longer travels times 2, because you have so many cities close by you could stack that city much easier and quicker. So in that respect yes of course you were always going to have more success that Kit because you were fighting on home soil and kit was invading another ocean, Also you have to take into account that Kit are fighting on 4 fronts where SP were just fighting Kit, So if it was SP fighting on 4 fronts and trying to invade into an ocean dominated by Kit, the city takes would obviously be in Kit's favour.

Now please do not take this as an excuse, we could have done better on some occasions and that is our fault alone but i'm just trying to give outsides the right info here because you are trying to make it sound so simple by saying that SP have taken more cities than Kit, well as you can clearly see here, you were always going too because SP are a bloody good alliance but that does not mean Kit are a bad alliance just because you have taken more cities :)

LoL i hope that made sense, writing has never been 1 of my strong points :)

DeletedUser

Perhaps we should give you a load of cities in the north of 044 and then you can see how you fair trying to defend them whilst trying to push into the ocean and fight on 3 other fronts, its not easy :)

DeletedUser20688

How are your Biremes Wandle? Still researching Metrology in your citys?

DeletedUser

KIT beat Protogenoi?

And you wonder why people think you arrogant...