The Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

I would know a thing or two about merging, as my small alliance (FightingIrish) merged into Pure carnage. Anyway, the Top 12 list hasn't been updated in a while...

1. The Huns: Only growing more powerful, but it seems like in terms of point growth it has started to slow a bit.
2. Disciples of Ares: Haven't heard anything about them for a while.
3. NaTaRaJa: A strong alliance that seems to becoming a bit more elitist then it was back when I joined. It's gotten past the stage of mass-recruiting promising players, and onto the next stage which involves other strong players asking to join.
4. Band of Misfits: No idea, but I don't hear a thing about them.
5. Pure Carnage: No comment due to bias
6. The Forgotten Phoenix: What??? Definitely an MRA
7. The Free and the Proud: Probably and MRA.
8. Initiates of Ares: A massive learning alliance. I mean... HUGE!
9. Pergamum: Been down towards the bottom of the top 12 list for a month or two. In my opinion, it shows steady growth and stability.
10. Rainmaker: MRA
11. Black: Hear nothing about them, especially since the Black/Smash Bros - Huns/DOA war.
12. Off Topic Crusaders: Two large alliances merging... like Pure Carnage was. Can't say anything yet.

DeletedUser

6. The Forgotten Phoenix: What??? Definitely an MRA

That made me lol. I assume you don't know what a MRA is. Lets compare my friend.

Pure Carnage 3411697 276 12361
The Forgotten Phoenix 3038264 102 29787

Our avg points are 17k over your merged alliance while we also have 174 less players. Funny how that would qualify as a MRA.

DeletedUser

The difference is Training alliances, like Phoenix Legionnaires.

I have nothing against them, but they are just an excuse for a top 12 alliance to not get attacked by looking stronger than they really are.

I have always questioned the tactic of dividing an alliance. But, that is not my call.

DeletedUser

Say what you want about trainers but we are not stretched across multiple oceans nor do we recruit. We have actually cut a bunch of members that didn't live up to the alliance expectations. We have an alliance with PL yes but I really don't see where that qualifies as a MRA.

but they are just an excuse for a top 12 alliance to not get attacked by looking stronger than they really are.

This statement confuses me. How does another alliance make us look stronger. That alliance didn't get us in the top 12. Our members did.

DeletedUser

An MRA is a mass recruiting alliance. An alliance which recruits large amount of members in a short period of time in the hope that they will find a few good players out of it all. Usually you kick the bad ones out and start the process all over again. It's a recruitment process not a way of noob life.

That is being an MRA.

But here we use the term as an alliance which has no standards of organization and just thinks that having 800 crap players is better than 100 good ones.

In some cases it's true. There are many MRA's out there. Being an MRA is not always a bad thing. It's just frowned upon by society :D

Smash bros and Black called the Huns an MRA. Which they seemed to be at the start, but look at how far they've come!

It's not always a bad thing to be an MRA.

DeletedUser

Which is why both Therecles and I found found it amusing that the label MRA was put on us. As for the most recent jump in points. That was not due to recruiting. It was due to a joint merge between The Forgotten and The Phoenix Covenent. And hence the name, The Forgotten Phoenix. If you were to lot on grepostats and check our recent alliance change activity, you would see that we recently had a few recruits allowed, but it was the first time recruiting was opened in a while. Since we try to not have too many members, you notice we brought in quality members while dumping the weaker runs.

An MRA is an alliance that always recruits and for the most part in all oceans. We keep to the oceans we are in and rarely open recruiting. Which is why you are incorrectly labeling us as an MRA.

DeletedUser

I agree and TFP does not fall under any of those categories listed by gibbowo. We only have 100 or so odd players, completely organized and very active. Thats what i don't understand about his post. 100 members got us in the top 12. We don't have 200-300 members just so we can be top 12, if so then I wouldn't be arguing. To be honest i could care less about rankings, they don't actually show anything significant; they just inflate some people's heads.

DeletedUser

Points don't mean a thing, it's organization and conquering that do. I've seen The Phoenix Covenant in action first hand and I can say without a shadow of doubt that they are organized and quite offensive, the two variables that lead to success in this game as far as I understand.

If The Forgotten had the same quality, I'm sure TFP has a bright future ahead.

DeletedUser

lol never heard of the TFP at the time of typing that, so I didn't know anything about them. As with most MRA's, you never hear anything about them so I just inferred that they were probably an MRA. Just an uneducated guess I suppose... One would probably guess Pure Carnage was an MRA too without any background knowledge. However I can assure you that we have lots of structure and a good player base. I use the forums to learn about the current goings-on in the different worlds, so this is new news to me :p

DeletedUser

Just updating the list as of 13:38 PST -8GMT (thats 1:38pm for those that do not understand the 24hr clock)

1 The Huns
2 Disciples of Ares
3 The Forgotten Phoenix
4 Band of Misfits
5 Legion of Chaos
6 Rainmaker
7 Initiates of Ares
8 The Free and the Proud
9 Pergamum
10 Black
11 M.A.
12 Imperium Magnus

DeletedUser5005

1 The Huns
2 Disciples of Ares
3 The Forgotten Phoenix
4 Black
5 Legion of Chaos
6 Rainmaker
7 Initiates of Ares
8 Pergamum
9 Band of Misfits
10 Imperium Magnus
11 Ionian Revolt
12 Relentless

DeletedUser

I am the dip of pheonix legionaires so I am in totle support of the forgoten pheonix
:D
say what you like academy alielences are so that the main aliences dont have a load of scared noobls running around

DeletedUser

I can't believe you put pergamum 8th or 9th on your lists and put stupid MRA such as Rainmakers above us when they are 1 of the biggest MRA Noobs in Delta get your facts right boys we deserve to be atleast in the top 5 in Delta!

DeletedUser

I don't think they are saying you are 8th or 9th best alliance in delta. I think at the time of their post pergamum was ranked 8th or 9th in points.

DeletedUser

Ionian revolt is number 9 now. and I'm wondering is anybody wondering where the Ionian revolt came from?(I know the answer, just wondering if you guys aren't wondering)

DeletedUser

Ionian revolt is number 9 now. and I'm wondering is anybody wondering where the Ionian revolt came from?(I know the answer, just wondering if you guys aren't wondering)

yep yr 499-493 BC against the persian empire . . . . :eek:

DeletedUser

sorry, I meant like how did the Ionian revolt jumped in the rankings:D