The Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

and aren't we supposed to be listing our opinion of all the alliances in the top 12?

DeletedUser

As my old man used 2 say points don't win prizes! ;)

No one said they did. I was just trying point out that they were merely updating the list of the the top twelve in points. They weren't passing judgment.

DeletedUser

yeah been there and done that with the "super" alliance. Actually didn't work out so well. surprise surprise...
Best of luck to you Ionians, I'm thinking you'll need it.
Thus far I have not seen any power from IR or they're training alliance.
Of course this could be due to my presence in the rim where they are mostly scattered and weak.
Not sure where they would consider their "core".

DeletedUser

oh they definitely will :p just found something interesting out in the rankings :)

DeletedUser

start listing your opinions on the top 12 please.

keep the posts on topic.

DeletedUser

The Top 12 is shaking up as of late, that's for sure!

Impressions:
1 The Huns -- Still growing, sigh. But my goodness, can you say inactive?! Top-30 looking good, below that, WOW! Lots of orange zeros. Future longevity 7/10
2 Disciples of Ares --- DoA seems to be doing well right now, lots of green. Seems to have lots of active players and maybe only 10-20% inactive. Plus an entire academy to refill the ranks from. Future longevity 8/10
3 The Forgotten Phoenix --- Lots of people leaving, not sure why. Seems like a couple of good players left, again, not sure why. Hope TFP will be okay. Mostly green, not a ton of orange zeros or red negatives. Future longevity 7/10
4 Black --- Time for an inactive purge. Future longevity 6/10 depending on future management of volatile assets.
5 Initiates of Ares - Depends on geographic location, to be sure, a lot of strengths and a lot of weaknesses, spread too thin to be very strong. Future longevity 3/10 (at some point you run out of people, close the training alliance and only have one roof)
6 Legion of Chaos --- nothing to say about these idiots
7 Rainmaker --- looking better day by day. I hope they can pull it off, I really do. Future longevity 5/10 (flip of the coin) but I have trust in one of their leaders, so I might edge that over to 6/10!
8 Pergamum --- SO MANY INACTIVES it makes you want to cry. Looks like they maybe have 75% actually online and most of their recent conquests are yellow, which verifies this. Typically these are signs of weakness. Future longevity 4/10 (with an exception, if someone wanted blood, 4/10, if no one wants blood, 8/10). That being said, the ranks are slim at the moment.
9 Ionian Revolt --- losing way too many cities right now. Looks painful. Future longevity 3/10
10 Relentless --- Huge liability with several inactives - good looking conquest page, future longevity 6/10
11 Imperium Magnus --- I like these guys, they have some great ideas. I am biased, 10/10
12 Off Topic Crusaders --- I won't be ranking OTC right now, if the rumors I have heard are true, I am unhappy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think they r going to the academy alience becouse they dont have enougth points to be in the top one.

DeletedUser

you rated us(Ionian revolt) lower than those MRAs as rainmaker above us.:Angry: we have been around for maybe 1 and a half months, I think its too early to make such an assumption;)

DeletedUser

I'm part of the Ionian revolt and being part of that alliance I know things that outsiders understandably couldn't. Of course everyone is open to their own opinions but I just thought I'd fill people in. We got alot of attacks right when the merge took place and it was difficult enough sorting out leadership and new policies ect. But that is part of the game and you can't choose when to be attacked. We're dealing with it as best we can and it seems things are starting to fall into place for us now, so that we can move forward.

DeletedUser

I'm part of the Ionian revolt and being part of that alliance I know things that outsiders understandably couldn't. Of course everyone is open to their own opinions but I just thought I'd fill people in. We got alot of attacks right when the merge took place and it was difficult enough sorting out leadership and new policies ect. But that is part of the game and you can't choose when to be attacked. We're dealing with it as best we can and it seems things are starting to fall into place for us now, so that we can move forward.

for your own sake i hope so as so far it looks like another super MRA under way

DeletedUser

lolololololol...you called us a mra? sure, our average may not be as high as you bigshots in pergamum, but as far I am aware, we have closed recruitment except for special cases... and the definition of a mra: mass recruitment alliance. as we do not mass recruit, I do not know how this term applies to us:D

DeletedUser

for your own sake i hope so as so far it looks like another super MRA under way

I think my friend was talking about things such as your average points and many low ranking members. As he did say you looked like an MRA but he didn't actually call you one.

DeletedUser

oh...about that. we have Ionian academy members visiting us and members who did not yet get their invitation to Ionian academy.

DeletedUser

Oh it hurts, being marked lower than RM :D haha
For your info people come and leave everywhere and of course 25% looks like a lot unless you realise that you are talking about ~45 members alliance, where some are having vacation and others havent built anything in a while. Have you checked kill points as well? Cuz according to me it will be much less than 25% inactives.
Anyway numbers dont say the whole story - some people build and fight less but are active as leaders, forum moderators or whatever.

RM longevity 6/10 HA! Lets make some math if we like grepostats digits.

I dont know what their hundreds of active players do but definitely not stoping me from taking their cities, killing their high point members and commanders.
33k BPs in 12 days just from me where 25k are from ATTACK and not a single successful attack from their side. In 12 days whole RM (185 members) gained 210k BPs from which only 115k are attack points.

SO if you like numbers take that info home: 1 Pergamum member = 40 RM members
even if we have 10% or 25% inactives then keep in mind that 40 active guys can unleash hell which you will never forget :)

But seriously you cant really judge the whole alliance basing on few numbers. Even my calculations dont tell the whole story. You might only try to guess.

DeletedUser

The Top 12 is shaking up as of late, that's for sure!

Impressions:
1 The Huns -- Still growing, sigh. But my goodness, can you say inactive?! Top-30 looking good, below that, WOW! Lots of orange zeros. Future longevity 7/10
2 Disciples of Ares --- DoA seems to be doing well right now, lots of green. Seems to have lots of active players and maybe only 10-20% inactive. Plus an entire academy to refill the ranks from. Future longevity 8/10
3 The Forgotten Phoenix --- Lots of people leaving, not sure why. Seems like a couple of good players left, again, not sure why. Hope TFP will be okay. Mostly green, not a ton of orange zeros or red negatives. Future longevity 7/10
4 Black --- Time for an inactive purge. Future longevity 6/10 depending on future management of volatile assets.
5 Initiates of Ares - Depends on geographic location, to be sure, a lot of strengths and a lot of weaknesses, spread too thin to be very strong. Future longevity 3/10 (at some point you run out of people, close the training alliance and only have one roof)
6 Legion of Chaos --- nothing to say about these idiots
7 Rainmaker --- looking better day by day. I hope they can pull it off, I really do. Future longevity 5/10 (flip of the coin) but I have trust in one of their leaders, so I might edge that over to 6/10!
8 Pergamum --- SO MANY INACTIVES it makes you want to cry. Looks like they maybe have 75% actually online and most of their recent conquests are yellow, which verifies this. Typically these are signs of weakness. Future longevity 4/10 (with an exception, if someone wanted blood, 4/10, if no one wants blood, 8/10). That being said, the ranks are slim at the moment.
9 Ionian Revolt --- losing way too many cities right now. Looks painful. Future longevity 3/10
10 Relentless --- Huge liability with several inactives - good looking conquest page, future longevity 6/10
11 Imperium Magnus --- I like these guys, they have some great ideas. I am biased, 10/10
12 Off Topic Crusaders --- I won't be ranking OTC right now, if the rumors I have heard are true, I am unhappy.

nwinder you make me laugh you should never judge a book by its cover and it seems like you just done that if you think we are weak come for us I somehow don't think you got the balls 2 lol :D

DeletedUser

Oh it hurts, being marked lower than RM :D haha
For your info people come and leave everywhere and of course 25% looks like a lot unless you realise that you are talking about ~45 members alliance, where some are having vacation and others havent built anything in a while. Have you checked kill points as well? Cuz according to me it will be much less than 25% inactives.
Anyway numbers dont say the whole story - some people build and fight less but are active as leaders, forum moderators or whatever.

RM longevity 6/10 HA! Lets make some math if we like grepostats digits.

I dont know what their hundreds of active players do but definitely not stoping me from taking their cities, killing their high point members and commanders.
33k BPs in 12 days just from me where 25k are from ATTACK and not a single successful attack from their side. In 12 days whole RM (185 members) gained 210k BPs from which only 115k are attack points.

SO if you like numbers take that info home: 1 Pergamum member = 40 RM members
even if we have 10% or 25% inactives then keep in mind that 40 active guys can unleash hell which you will never forget :)

But seriously you cant really judge the whole alliance basing on few numbers. Even my calculations dont tell the whole story. You might only try to guess.

In this case it is an old story. The fewer members you have, in a game were people can stop playing at any second they choose, leads to potential problems. I am sure every "real" alliance in Delta has come realize that this is a problem. We have had a few high ranking members drop out lately, and it sucks. People we handed cities to, just drop out.
While I agree the numbers do not tell the whole story, they can tell at least half of the story.
And if you notice, I rated you guys 4/10 if someone wanted blood, 8/10 if they do not. Most people in Delta are totally wrapped up in their own tiny little worthless wars to care about something like that.
All my point was, it is a weak time for your alliance. The foundation is strong, but, no matter how strong the foundation there HAS to be weaknesses. And for goodness sake - I hope you realize that no one has the perfect equation for success and the system down 100%. The French thought they had it with the Maginot Line - but that'd didn't work out too well for them.

DeletedUser

Sorry but it just doesnt make any sense to me.
You seem to know more about us than me, which is ridiculous. Pergamum always had around 30 members max and it has changed while ago - now its 45. You just seem to not know much about this game. Crowd of people loging in everyday doesnt make a successful alliance - group of well coordinated, active and strong players is what matters.

Lets come back to my example with RMs. Their commanders, leaders and active players in my area keep talking about organising a massive operation against me , they have been organising it for ages (months) and yet nothing happened.
So no one really cares about hundred of members if they are not willing to fight for each other and cooperate. It happens over and over again that small but organised group destroys much bigger alliance.

In my old alliance I used to have "green" guys, our top players (in points) being online everyday, some even conquering alone a lot. However you could never count on them or even see any posts on our forum. They were never helpin nor were interested in it.
I see guys around with 8-10 cities who have ridiculous small army and when I take their city I see democracy researched etc. Noobs noobs noooooobs everywhere where I look.

Its very hard to find decent players. Numbers dont say even half of the story if you dont know anything about players behind them. Pergamum is much stronger than Rainmaker or few other here which you marked higher than us. If you take an ocean and pick most active and aggressive guys from it, loving to work with each other and if you cut off the rest, then you might come up with something like Pergamum. If you play long enough and are an inteligent person, then you will find it true.