Theta Through Time

DeletedUser

I haven't been here long, nor do I know much at all about Theta (as I don't play :p), but nevermind.

Technically, taking world speed into account (3* speed), Theta has been the longest running world in-game (if that makes sense). In total, from about now, there has been approximately 1019 days of in-game gameplay.

So, thats why I'm asking you. What great moments have there been in Theta? Which big wars do you remember? Which alliance was top then? What is your top moment?

Of course, Theta has a long way to go til the end... so bear this in mind... but whats been a memorable moment so far.

/discuss

DeletedUser

I remember yesterday, when I had a cheese and onion sandwich as I waited for the bus.

DeletedUser9465

I remember when I joined Theta. In fact I joined both Theta and Beta in the same day. I quickly focused on Theta because I don't like to wait too much and Beta seemed so slow. After I joined I've got scared... Lol! I had a lousy city and some guy from 1k Suns had 20 already :eek: So I begun to wonder what should I do... :rolleyes: I joined Atlantean Elite (lol... the first to invite me and I accepted the invitation right away... some noob I was!) and then I started to build defense. And I built... and built... and built.... Lol... Soon I realized I need offense as well. So I've decided to built... you guessed right... hoplites and triremes!!! What was I thinking... These units are the best... great both in offense and in defense... You bet! So great that I failed to conquer the first city I was trying to take. I've got scared again... I told to myself I never will be able to conquer a city and I decided to become... of course, a COLONIZER!!! :cool: My second city was, of course, a colony. Victory!!! I am able to expand! But building a new city from scratch proved boring. So I tried to conquer my original target again... and success! I took it. Then I took a third one and then my alliance merged with Spartan Elite Army. Surprisingly for some, I learned a lot while in SEA. I found out about nukes and I decided to specialize my cities. Then I met Skallagrim and he taught me a lot. Finally I joined Alliance X and my game improved dramatically. I learned about timed attacks and train style attacks (my favorite method of attack). Finally, when I reached top 100, I decided to become number one in my ocean and then in Theta. But this is another story.

DeletedUser9465

Obviously not. I'm boring you. Maybe if you would pay me I would try harder :D

DeletedUser9465

Hmm... Maybe!

spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert... spam alert...

DeletedUser

Hugs!!!

*Hugs Robbyn44*

*Robbyn44 takes out some kind of spray*

*GGM can't see!!!*

DeletedUser

I remember fighting LoW,AoA,JW, many great opponents, sadly i also remember meeting ggm

DeletedUser

I remember when I joined Theta. In fact I joined both Theta and Beta in the same day. I quickly focused on Theta because I don't like to wait too much and Beta seemed so slow. After I joined I've got scared... Lol! I had a lousy city and some guy from 1k Suns had 20 already :eek: So I begun to wonder what should I do... :rolleyes: I joined Atlantean Elite (lol... the first to invite me and I accepted the invitation right away... some noob I was!) and then I started to build defense. And I built... and built... and built.... Lol... Soon I realized I need offense as well. So I've decided to built... you guessed right... hoplites and triremes!!! What was I thinking... These units are the best... great both in offense and in defense... You bet! So great that I failed to conquer the first city I was trying to take. I've got scared again... I told to myself I never will be able to conquer a city and I decided to become... of course, a COLONIZER!!! :cool: My second city was, of course, a colony. Victory!!! I am able to expand! But building a new city from scratch proved boring. So I tried to conquer my original target again... and success! I took it. Then I took a third one and then my alliance merged with Spartan Elite Army. Surprisingly for some, I learned a lot while in SEA. I found out about nukes and I decided to specialize my cities. Then I met Skallagrim and he taught me a lot. Finally I joined Alliance X and my game improved dramatically. I learned about timed attacks and train style attacks (my favorite method of attack). Finally, when I reached top 100, I decided to become number one in my ocean and then in Theta. But this is another story.

good one robbyn44.. i shouldnt praise you but still i like this post.. every noob who gets better works like this i think..

DeletedUser

I will start with the turning points in Theta as far back as I have been up to date on events. The Fall of TBD. The rise of 1Ksuns. the fall of 1ksuns. The rise of Alpha. Next the rise of... ARISE. the merge of JFL and IG. The long grinding war of JFL-ARISE. The rise of AX. The overthrough of Alpha. the overthrough of AAB. The overthrough of ARISE.

In my oppinion these are some of the most important events in the history of Theta. please go back to the beggining someone (strico). If there are any important ones I missed please write them here.

DeletedUser

I joined in June, lost horribly and joined an alliance an ocean away from me. :rolleyes: Then there was a Rainbow Spewing Panda war. Ending in Republic victory. (Yeah TR) Then there was LOW, and AoA, and Alpha, and most of all, Them Crooked Vultures. These were all wars before OoO as we know it.:pro:

Oh and In Control, wonderful little alliance.

DeletedUser

For me, my story of theta has 2 parts. One for each account on this world

I started out in theta, at the very core under this name. I was doing pretty well, I loved the speed 3. It was that way when you are one of the first to join and you stay up longer than you should, desperately trying to hold onto that top 10 spot for the only few hours you know you will be as high a rank. So it was going well. Having fun etc, but still only at 1 city. Then my lappy broke. I was forced into VM for 3 weeks. nd giving away 3 weeks of a new world pretty much ruins your chances at doing well. So I came out and tried to catch up, with no luck as some Alpha dude with 4 cities or something started farming me. So I thought I'd be as well giving up. Then a beautiful thing (only time I'll ever say this) but moral saved me. I just kept building hops to beat his horse raids and eventually he stopped. Then. Another big Alpha guy who wanted my city (I got it to 4k by this point) went full out, put me in revolt and took me out the game.

Then about 3 or 4 months later I had to go into VM in this account cause RL was hectic. But I still had a little spare time so I rejoined theta as it was fast and I had a little project in mind. To build a turtle base. So I did, building up quietly without having to help in an alliance that gave you a free pass to, Pariah revolution South. I continued to build up and up until PRS dissolved. but a few days before I was bored of not helping but I knew PRS weren't too good. So I applied to the Company based on the fact that they were marked red and Lord Marshal was close to me. So I got into the office and continued to build up, in my little base until the LQ war. Now I'm not one to sit back and watch a war. So I abandoned my base and started to move y way towards the war front and here I am.

That's my story, a little long but hey.

DeletedUser10902

What I remember is when I first joined I was all the way out to the west. No cities further west than my island. When I joined PoAD, I had to fight my way East and North. I felt out in the "boon-docks". I have looked to the East the whole time since August.

Just the other day I realized there is a whole ocean of players to the west of my original city now. lol