Theta Through Time

DeletedUser8790

I started in theta as an experiment, I was very green playing in delta, I wanted to build a city, not join an alliance and see how long I could keep it, I had no intentions of staying here. So I built my City, 25 wall, tower, thermal baths, 125 Biremes, 1000 bowman, A small attack force. I attacked the Spartan elite army, to see what would happen, 4 sunk Colony ships later they had just about broken my defenses when one of my neighbors on the island with my city emailed me, I told him I was about to be conquered, So he rallied two other non-allied players to save my city and we started to strike back. Yesterday I hit 3 million battle points, I never thought I would last this long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

After making my own alliance the small but mighty & the well organized "Vinco", we had 25 members and the Pariah Revolution South ripped us apart in 2 days after a month of hard work. So I started again under a new identity and played hard everyday until I defeated the culprits & as of tomorrow I will have 37 cities (in only 3 months of properly playing).

DeletedUser

:pro:
This is my story...

I first joined last year, can't remember which month though but probably in august 2010 in the semi early days of theta (when 50k was the highest point players), my first alliance was dragon nest that fought against the pariah with them being an ocean away in o36 they were easy to defeat. And then dragon nest merged with an alliance called Atlas (something) that became Phalanx of atlas dragons (poad for short) I joined the academy at first but worked my way into the main. And then our next war was with the Delian league, again we won because they were spread out in small pockets in o26, and then we warred with true defenders of sparta. Not long after that one of our leaders (yokhen) decalred war on LIQ for some reason it wasn’t long before his big mouth with no action landed us in hot water, and then he quit. In 2 months of war poad fell due to basically a ship of simmers and terrible leadership and some of the leadership abandoned said ship to liq and then poad was left in the hands of a kid. The black company which was the most active fighting company wasn't happy with this leadership so left and made their own company, I left poad and joined the company.

The poad was good in it's prime I suppose, but it was a mra anyway.

I only had five cities in o25 at the time in the middle of my former allies and I was alone in that ocean, and not one person from poad attacked me. In the company we started to attack poad and took cities and worked together in a small team, Poad merged with the pariah that left 80 something inactives in poad. The simmers and cowards of poad was more interested in taking inactives rather then fighting the liq. We decleared war on the pariah and started to take them out and expand in o26, and eventually o25 and o36 on our way to o46. That was the plan at least. The Pariah failure isn’t much different from poad, it was a mra it died a MRA’s death, many of the pariah either went to the phalanx or joined some LIQ academies, the pariah brother/sister alliances disappeared, pariah south was disbanded and the members were shattered to the wind. And like a domino falling, the pariah started to fall apart after the pariah south disappeared.

The company is the best alliance I've been in, the members of tac actually gives a crap about each other and was ranked 12 in bp rankings with just 30+ members.

The company started out with 12 members, that increased to 36 members but only after the merge of alpha that gave us the 10th spot on the alliance rankings, we changed the name to The Alpha Company (TAC) we then declared a surprise war on LIQ academies and fan clubs at first and did quite well but then alpha suddenly buggered off and created their own alliance. Not a big loss anyway. And then we had probably about six of out of 17 members at the time in vacation mode, then one of the leaders ghosted plus one member left the alpha company for his own personal reasons and recreated the pariah who then joined AcX. So the non-vacation mode players left TAC and joined phalanx expecting help as promised but after nearly two weeks phalanx wasn't keeping it's promises so I joined the liq with four others and now a new chapter opens.

and that's my story so far.

And as for alliances, I remember 1000 burning suns, ARISE and JFL merged with some alliance I can't remember. oh and in control too.

P.S Damn! I wrote a lot, lol thanks for reading (if you even read this long wall of text lol which is probably the longest post I ever made.)​

DeletedUser

I joined right before In Control started disbanding, and a group of players in Ocean 33 broke off to start Owners of Ocean 33. I tried to stay away from leadership positions, as I had led a few top 10 alliances in other worlds. Ended up with one, dispite my efforts to remain in the background.

The War with AoA started, and we faced several alliances at one point in time. Them Crooked Vultures stepped up to assist us, until they ultimately disbanded and joined our enemy...

The Republic and Spartans of Troy were among the many alliances dispatched to attack Owners of Ocean 33 by AoA.

They attacked us at random. They had several skilled players, just were not organised in attacking.

After ONE offensive counter sent from OoO33 to SoT and TR, we received a message from strico saying he had made a huge mistake. He figured out that AoA was not inflicting the damage they said they were.

OoO33 Leaders saw the potential that players from SoT/TR had, and proposed a merge.

Now here we all stand as Owners of the Oceans, watching Army of Anubis sink, with their leaders/best players fleeing to the first alliance that will soak them up.

DeletedUser9465

@Valoel

Salahuldeen joined Academy-X not Alliance X.

DeletedUser8790

Valoel, whats the promise from TP?
Obviously for support, TP Members seem to be falling off again, I guess that is fueling the JFL merge rumors, Shakey ground, surprise invasions only get you so far

DeletedUser

The early parts of Theta seemed like they were destined to be pretty boring. With only a few alliances who looked as though they might challenge eachother.

I remember Island Warrior and Warriors of 1000 Suns being in O45 recruiting everything that moved and taking over the scoreboard. But I remember there being this little alliance of about 15 people JFL. Oh there was The Republic aswel, the first alliance created. Well done Strico.

O44 was dominated by Above Average players, and because of their outstpoken leaders Jayaris for one, they seemed like the guys to beat overall.

O54 I really cannot remember. I know Imperial Guard came from here, but I'm not too sure if they were there from the start.

O55 had Alpha who looked great for a lot of the first few months and The Black Death. I also think As Athena Burns or something where here aswel.

Thats the overall view of the first month from what I can remember.

O45 got real interesting after this though. 1000 suns had their fight with JFL, their ego's ran wild and their mouths ran just as much. This war was when JFL had some incredible players. We had I think 6/10 attackers at one point. I remember BloodPhantom who at the time was rank 2 in the world, get a little cocky and within 36 hrs had list half his cities. The same happened to a couple of other guys aswel. 1Ksuns as they were known by this time where getting a whooping from an alliance with about 60 members less and about half their size. I think though I'd prefer Coblet or igapolis to remind me, that was the reason Liquidators was formed, due to the beating their northern alliance mates received Alpha also go their hands dirty with this though, it wasn't entirely down to JFL.

Then we had the more recent history of ARISE and then JFLs sad downward spiral.

Some honourable mentions to a few of JFLs old guard. In no particular order (bar #1)

Llettek, Keylek, Knutti, Setmander, Rayningwhisp, Gibbowo, Himcules, Tabor1, erazem , Deomnikus, Vork, Chiisai, TT01. Those there bar Gibbowo who sucks at this game, are by far some of the best players around and Theta is worse off without them.

The only players I think who have played Theta and can hold a torch to Llettek and RayningWhisp (who at the time of leaving was streets ahead at rank 1 and top 5 BPA) are The Dink, Stilgar and maybe that Legironus guy. No disprespect to Coblet or Robbyn though it's pretty clear you two aren't bad.

Anyway that is my slightly bias but true recollection of Theta's early days. Hope you enjoy ;)

DeletedUser

TL were created of the top members of In Control and 1000 suns... it was pretty shocking news at the time, i was the founder of In Control, i think we did pretty well but we made some mistakes, we were a big MRA but yet we had good BP's and gained control everywhere but o36, we had too many enemies there but the worst enemies were The Dink and Silverfish! those guys gave us hell and on top we were fighting every alliance who excited around us at the time lol. i got a little tired of the MRA we were and decided to focus on our strong areas (035 and north o36 at the time) i guess that The Dink and Silverfish felt the same so we created TL! together with Havoc (our academy at that time) we destroyed a long list of alliances and with the time we got stronger and stronger! it felt liked no one will be able to defeat us!
since then The Dink and Silverfish quit and after them a long list of great players joined and quit...
when we merged with AX and all of theta decided to declare war on us things looked pretty bad, specially to our academy, they were not getting any support and looked like they are going down so we decided to unmerged and give our best fight! things didnt look so good for us at the time, i even thought it may be the end of TL. but then suddenly some members stepped up and everybody showed a great team work! then some players who already quit decided to keep playing (like coblet and mbradshaw). and after a great fight, maybe the best i have seen so far, TAC members who joined TP decided to leave them and join us, now we are looking strong again and ready to keep doing some serious damage in theta, especially to TP! it only shows that this game is full of ups and downs!
anyway i really miss the times with The Dink and Silverfish! i learned a lot from them, it was probably the best times i had in theta...

DeletedUser

I was just a noob in InControl and played for a while fighting against 1000 suns. When everything went crazy and The Liquidators were born (Dink, Silverfish, and Iga) I knew I wanted to be a part of that. Dink and Fish kicked my a$$ more times than I can count when I fought against them and 1000 suns and I knew I wanted to be on their side. I was not much of a player back then and begged them to let me join. I ended up in "Havoc" their academy and went to work learning how to play this game. After months of fighting and building, I finally had what it took to join that elite alliance.

Dink, Fish and Iga were masters at this game and I learned everything I could from them. I wanted to make a name for myself so I fought day and night building up my cities and BP's. Dink more than anyone took a lot of time talking to me and explaining how this game works. I wish I had half his patience, I find that I don't have a lot of that when dealing with newer players. I'm not the teacher that my mentors were to me.

I have talked to a lot of the big players in Theta in my day. Dink and Fish will always be me heros. Igapolis continues to be a great leader to us and I don't think I would have kept half of my cities without his amazing support and sniping skills. Llettek and I were battling for the #1 ABP spot for a while and we used to message each other when we had a big day attacking (although he always had a pretty good lead on me) I was sad to see him go. Cactus God has given us our biggest fight yet- after crushing a lot of our enemies right off the bat, The Phalanx has been able to hold their own and continues to be a pain. I have had the honor of calling Robbyn a friend and ally (for a time and alliance mate). He shadows us all with his ridiculous amount of cities and has now passed me in ABP Backstabbing and deceit is everywhere in this game, but in every dealing I have had with AX, they have been 100% true to their word and I appreciate that.

I wouldn't have played this game as long as I have if it wasn't for all the great members of our fine alliance and our allies (and even some of our enemies). I want to thank all of you. I wish I could be the kind of teacher and mentor the great players of my day were to me, but it's not my strong suit. I'm nothing but a grumpy old soldier now who barks out orders to his alliance mates and tries to stir up trouble in the forums. I like escaping into this game and enjoy playing the role of a jerk. I'm a sweet lovable guy in real life with 2 young daughters that have me wrapped around their little fingers. It's nice to step into this world and FIGHT!!!

To JFL: You were once a fine alliance with strong leaders. We probably wouldn't have started a war with you if Llettek were still around, I had a lot of respect for him. 99% of the current JFL player that I have been in contact with are just the opposite. I have tried to have some playful banter with you, but I get called evil, a hater, and even a racist (for asking what country someone was from). You really need to change your name because you are not fun and you don't know how to laugh. Lighten up.......

DeletedUser

Oh I was way off then, I completely forgot about In Control. I remember they were let in on the JLF/Alpha thing vs 1ksuns for a while. I didn't realise you were the leader though (I let Pete handle diplomacy ;) ). It's good to see you've improved quite substantially since then.

I honestly thought you both + Dink and Silverfish came from Suns.

Llettek and I were battling for the #1 ABP spot for a while and we used to message each other when we had a big day attacking (although he always had a pretty good lead on me) I was sad to see him go

You must of followed on directly from The Dink then, I know they both had their own little commentary going on whilst they were competing.

Thank you for the history lesson gents. It's been emotional.

DeletedUser

Obviously for support, TP Members seem to be falling off again, I guess that is fueling the JFL merge rumors, Shakey ground, surprise invasions only get you so far

Coblet, there is no promise for support. they all have leadership experiences of TAC, we are asking them to join TP when they break out suddenly. its their choices at first to make decision, we are welcoming them to TP.

its been 2 weeks, i don't know them really well except Lord Marshall because they left too early and hardly meet in chat. they leave with no words, its understandable.

lot of peoples leaving the game. even i want to do so, but i have to be here (IG) for my friends.. i tried to hit VM for long time to concentrate on my RL issue, but it happened only for one day because its better to lose cities than friends.. i'll be bored and stop playing without them.

DeletedUser8790

Going to history back, I would love to hear the King of Troy, Spartan elite army story, The Spartan Elite Army is how I can to be in theta full time, We formed the best three person alliance any world has ever seen at the time to fight them, Went on to fight Rise of the titans, then become friends (and still are to this day with ROTT) and combined forces against Black tear rebellion. Only To get caught in a rock and a hard place against Alliance X. Those were the days, So I lost my two alliance mates joined AX and have been fighting ever since, That would be later day history. At the time I think our 3 person alliance was ranked like 72 in points, but 12th or 13th in BP, That was fun I remember chasing a player from the resistance for #1 in DBP, I cannot remember his name?

DeletedUser

Bruticuas1 was in JFL for a long while too. But he got all scared when he was being attacked. He was like the mousey versian of MatthewsPrincess.

DeletedUser

Bruticuas1 was in JFL for a long while too. But he got all scared when he was being attacked. He was like the mousey versian of MatthewsPrincess.

Hmmmmmm, not quite sure what that means.........