Top 12 Top 12 Alliances Discussion Thread

DeletedUser42857

So what do u want to say with this tiny alliance?Anyone have back you up?

Yeh, trouble is they are playing with the alliance attacking us *insert suitable emote here* :D

Its all good. Its good to find out in the first couple of weeks that the people you thought had your backs dont, and the people you least expected to do.. All part of the game, and every snipe is greeted with raucous cheers on our end.

Changing my name to Wounded Bear :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Crimson Rebels seems to be largest MRA!
at least 2 academy Alliances
Crimson Mercenaries
Crimson Legion

DeletedUser

We are just making our way towards the core so us and the rest of EN can gather their forces together, right now we are a bit far from the rest of our EN buddies so you are just in the way. Sorry for the inconvenience.
What will you do then? Build a BIG statue of Baudin Toolan and worship it? :D

DeletedUser37948

Kudos to the #1 alliance for op'ing the #49 alliance.

Damn you guys are good. :) (Not)

But we are up to 4th in DBP rankings, not bad for a tiny alliance that apparent cant defend, 12 cs dead so far..

last time i looked you were rank 68 alliance but im sure by the time people read this it will be a lot lower.

anyway thats not the point, there is no kudos in attacking your alliance we did not attack you for kudos. we attacked you because you are situated in our core and have nice cities local to us that are tacticaly nessersary.
There was no malice no emotion only tactics in our choice to rim your alliance dim.

i wish you and your guys all the best in the future and look forwards to meeeting you again either later on this server when we reach the rim or maybe on another server.
take care mate and good luck to you all :)

Zarun-

Strategos
I think we should should first get clear on the methodology for determining top 12

what value are total points a week out of Protection when the limit is 140? A lot of those alliances are junk alliances with no skill and a lot of members - kind of like Congress

Would not a better measure be something like points per member, total bp, or conquest per unit time?

This discussion does not focus on whether I am right (that is a foregone conclusion) but merely what exact metric we should be using.

Once we decide on a true predictive standard then I will write a top 12 and show you how this is done

c9e1095062393a24dab581243efc2de1caad68a4a78377fcb4a8fe54472060f1.jpg

I think the top 12 has some pretty good alliances already in it.

dimspace, your alliance seems to be spending their gold demolishing cities now.

Where's that rousing spirit you spoke of earlier?

Last edited:

Ranga1

Strategos
Looks like the usual suspects are doing a fairly good rim job right now, a quick look at the AG III profile shows at least 13 players with 0 points, including one of their founders Dimspace. Did you get the award for getting rimmed in the first week Dimmy?

DeletedUser38465

I think the top 12 has some pretty good alliances already in it.

dimspace, your alliance seems to be spending their gold demolishing cities now.

Where's that rousing spirit you spoke of earlier?

Your alliance? :p

One player doing it hardly calls an entire alliance silly.

DeletedUser42857

Looks like the usual suspects are doing a fairly good rim job right now, a quick look at the AG III profile shows at least 13 players with 0 points, including one of their founders Dimspace. Did you get the award for getting rimmed in the first week Dimmy?

Thats the game. :)

To be fair we were outnumbered 4-1, and been under constant attack for a week.

That said, the teamwork in AG was immense, even up to yesterday when everyone was pretty much out of troops, we still managed to snipe CS's with EVERYONE on the alliance sending what little they had, maybe 1 or 2 biremmes, within 5-8 second windows and collectively pulling off the snipe. Any alliance that when all the members are down to a handful of biremmes and no land units, that can still work together and snipe a cs, brilliant bunch of guys and girls.

It was kinda our own fault, we "assumed" previous relationship would favor us, and when we had a message saying "no plans to attack you" we believed it, for about 6 hours till the attacks started.

but #3 in dbp, and the #1 defender, I think shows how well we worked together, and actually did a pretty damn good job of holding off pretty much constant attacks from an alliance four times our size.

The fact they had to switch tactics after losing so many cs and troops to running a full op against us, well proud of my guys. If they needed a full op against us, makes you wonder how they will do against big alliances, but to be fair to them, they were missing Tantallon, Ryan, Caunty, three of their biggest hitters :D

We regroup, we go again, thats the game

DeletedUser

That said, the teamwork in AG was immense, even up to yesterday when everyone was pretty much out of troops, we still managed to snipe CS's with EVERYONE on the alliance sending what little they had, maybe 1 or 2 biremmes, within 5-8 second windows and collectively pulling off the snipe. Any alliance that when all the members are down to a handful of biremmes and no land units, that can still work together and snipe a cs, brilliant bunch of guys and girls.

It was kinda our own fault, we "assumed" previous relationship would favor us, and when we had a message saying "no plans to attack you" we believed it, for about 6 hours till the attacks started.

but #3 in dbp, and the #1 defender, I think shows how well we worked together, and actually did a pretty damn good job of holding off pretty much constant attacks from an alliance four times our size.

The fact they had to switch tactics after losing so many cs and troops to running a full op against us, well proud of my guys. If they needed a full op against us, makes you wonder how they will do against big alliances, but to be fair to them, they were missing Tantallon, Ryan, Caunty, three of their biggest hitters :D

oh Dim Dim DIM
seriously, what a rubbish right up on the truth here... the op was planned ages ago not suddenly popped up out the blue cause you managed to snipe a few cs's that was just unlucky on our behalf

95% off your alliance tried to defend the revolts? epic fail come on save everything you got
the only cs sniped today was mine and even you know that was one hell of luck on your side you had no biremes left and i had no ls so my cs could not land even though it survived and the biremes was cleared 'annoying part of the game' if my luck was not - then well would have been another simple take

just admit it you all got rimmed due to good teamwork

DeletedUser37948

Im sure you big hitting freinds will be over the moon that you just outted them publicly on forums thats a real nice thing for a freind to do . I have mates in lots of teams if i have to battle with them or even rim them i will its not personal its just part of this game but thats my choice.
if a member in TUS specificaly felt unconfortable about attacking a freind id never expect or ask them to and as you know ive not.
still we manage to do our job very effectivly and still comfortably accomidate our team mates choices and respect there desisions.

its true what you say you were out numberd and out matched.
but when i read this post i recall the taunting from previous post and just think your looking for excuses to save face.

DeletedUser

How is it possible that you dont understand that this wasnt a war lol, you were just mopped up like ocean veterans, atomic and other small alliances around us. This wasnt more than a practice op for us to test out the actual activity of our players and their ability to play together. Your entire alliance had as many cities as our top5 players... what on earth were you expecting?
Kudos to the few players who managed to snipe CS's and offer some proper resistance but you seriously over-flatter yourself dim...

DeletedUser42857

Kudos to the few players who managed to snipe CS's and offer some proper resistance but you seriously over-flatter yourself dim...

Isnt that what i said, every single player tried to offer resistance, and every single player played their part in sniping a cs. Not overflattering "myself", i only have one cs on my wall, pretty much everyone else has 2,3 or 4

Im hardly going to come on here and say all my guys were rubbish, they didnt try, didnt defend properly and got battered am I? no, im going to praise their efforts, congratulate what they tried to do :)

if a member in TUS specificaly felt unconfortable about attacking a freind id never expect or ask them to and as you know ive not.

Didnt say you did.

And if there was a little subtle stirring in there, its externals, that what they are for. Any seeds you can sow :D

its true what you say you were out numberd and out matched.

I only said outnumbered ;)

I stand by what i said, every one of my guys did an outstanding job, thats the game

But anyway, this is the top 12 thread, dont even know what im doing in here :D :D :D

DeletedUser42857

oh Dim Dim DIM
seriously, what a rubbish right up on the truth here... the op was planned ages ago not suddenly popped up out the blue cause you managed to snipe a few cs's that was just unlucky on our behalf

Really? So you didnt run a full op because you were losing too many troops? Ok then. I heard different

And dont flatter yourself that it was just bad luck on your part. Some of the timings were shocking. 10+ seconds between clear and cs is asking to be sniped.

95% off your alliance tried to defend the revolts? epic fail come on save everything you got
the only cs sniped today was mine

Well to be fair, we had no troops left this morning, most of us heard our attack alarms go off and carried on sleeping :D :D

And we didnt play like that, most members last night sacrificed their own troops in other alliance mates cities trying to prevent revolt. For example, one player knew he didnt have enough in his city to prevent revolt so sent what little he had to another city to try and prevent a revolt there (And did, only for some harpies to pay a visit)

Could have played it smarter last night, dodged, tried for snipes but it was only really prolonging the inevitable. Becomes counter productive to build 30 biremmes overnight, snipe, build another 30, snipe, build another 30..

But anyway, like said previously, no issue with it, just pleased with the teamwork the guys showed in trying to defend against fairly impossible numbers.

DeletedUser33530

You are discussing one of the top 12 alliances. That's what you are doing here.