Top 12 Top 12 Alliances~ Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser31385
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The only reason we don`t want faster worlds is because there is not enough time to kill all alliances.In speed 1 there is plenty of time to do that.

I have to disagree here, by "enough time to kill all alliances" should be said: "to sit at one place long enough till all normal people quit, become part-time players or will be bored to death."

Actually time is the most valuable measure as in our life, so in grepolis. To be any good player, you need to be some sort of devoted to the game: log-in on a daily basis, manage staff, kill staff, build up staff and so on. Some of people are crazy enough to use mobile alert and wake up in the middle of a night to manage units.

In a slow world you got to play longer, few additional months in a row to achieve the same result, as in a fast world.
We're all humans, so we get married, get sick, get fired, change girlfriend, move furniture, no need to say new worlds open in grepo. When it happens and the bigger alliance push " the player with circumstances" hard enough, he quits, as decides that rl is more important or he doesn't have time for the game anymore or he doesn't feel happy.

People tend to become part-time players, leave, go inactive, because there are not many of them can keep the right balance between the game and real life for a long period of time.

In speed 1 it's not that you have time to kill all alliances, but you have time to observe how people lose interest and leave the game. With 120 alliance cap, 80% of any good players will be in one alliance in 7-8 months, as they will decide (old story): I want to play with good players, w/o noobs and so on.

This is just a game, no need to add excessive "killing part".

DeletedUser23413

Tiller, people lose interest when they are losing in the battle field. Remember Sinope? Merge players started leaving because they failed to bust our WWs and started losing ground.

Impatient people don't play speed 1 because it needs a lot of commitment. We don't have players who plays 6 months, earns Victor award then bail the people helped them and move on :D

DeletedUser46251

Speed 2 world's used to last 12 months before ww, and would keep most good players for the duration.

I think most will find this world too slow/boring, and jump as soon as another good speed 2 world opens.

DeletedUser

This world is boring beacuse its so slow yes...
But u guys should dont think so low about us in Terror! :p

ErikWijmeersch

Strategos
This world is boring beacuse its so slow yes...
But u guys should dont think so low about us in Terror! :p

compare with the olympics, people remember the 100m champion, people don't remember the winner of the marathon.

ones i was I asked if 100m wasn't much easier thn marathon lol.

answer was simple,

to win a 100m is harder than a marathon, 1 mistake on a 100m and it is game over u cannot recover from it.
a marathon there are many moments u can recover from defeat.
marathon is same as speed1, only 1 parameter is needed, aeroob power, and watching otherd die or give up.
100m nobody gives up, and u need strenght, power, technik brains, and winning someting with 40.000 participant or something with 5000 is also a whole different story.

I love curling, equal as 100m, but my respect for 100m is higher lol...its harder to achieve victor award .

DeletedUser

compare with the olympics, people remember the 100m champion, people don't remember the winner of the marathon.

answer was simple,

to win a 100m is harder than a marathon, 1 mistake on a 100m and it is game over u cannot recover from it.
marathon is same as speed1, only 1 parameter is needed, aeroob power, and watching otherd die or give up.
100m nobody gives up, and u need strenght, power, technik brains, and winning someting with 40.000 participant or something with 5000 is also a whole different story.

I love curling, equal as 100m, but my respect for 100m is higher lol...its harder to achieve victor award .

U have never seen me playing before :p

If i have alot of fun her u gona se me in a 100m to, in NO we have only 5months to WW so its much faster!
So if youre not impressed by me, then youre lying hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser49112

erik i dont think a marathon player would agree with you, just like a speed 1 player wont agree with you

DeletedUser22517

answer was simple,

Just because you are a sprinter does not mean that no one remembers long distance runners.Sorry to disappoint you Erik but people do remember them.I can`t stop laughing if you rate lets say one Donovan Bailey over Emil Zatopek

Let me ask you another thing:Who is more famous:Mark Cavendish the best sprinter ever, or Lance Armstrong?

You may say that is cycling but we can talk any sport you want, F1, maybe.Every driver is dreaming about 1 race and that race is the slowest, Monaco GP.

To end this, you are already here and i know losing is not in your blood and i know it still hurts from Sinope, so do what you do best, cuddle with entire server, we gonna stay on our own or stop talking BS.

DeletedUser25607

Physical activities is another story. But Grepo is a menthal game - so we should probably compare it with other menthal games too.

And what can we see?

- Chess. There are very fast ("blitz") chess formats exist - where players finish the game even in 5 minutes. But most respected and most prestigious chess competitions are slow. 1 game in that format (like World Championship) may last even several days - so that players can show all their menthal strength in strategy and planning.

- Poker. There are very fast formats too (especially in online poker). But most prestigious competition (Main Event of WSOP) lasts ca. 1 week with very slow level changes and deep stacks. It is also made for experts - so they can demostrate their mental strength (and not just luck).

And actually, with all events, quests, extra bonuses, etc. - grepo became much faster than say 2 years ago. In 2012 good team with cap 150 in speed-3 world - needed ca. 1 year to finish the world (if all 7 Wonders were built straight). Speed-1 world was played in 18-24 months.
Now everything is much faster and speed-1 world will be finished probably in 1 year or even in 9 months. It is not a marathon already.

DeletedUser46251

It comes down to competition too, imo looking through the rankings I'm not seeing as many good players as say a speed 2 or 3 server.

I also think speed 1 gives heavy gold users an even bigger advantage over a player who only buys the advisors and the occasional instant build. Especially with gold trading, where a gold user is not impeded by limited resources.

DeletedUser

A bit Off Topic now...
Is it many extreme gold users here?
Like 1000USD a month in gold?

DeletedUser

Does anyone spend that much?

Many in norway use above 1000usd to 2000usd a month at gold so yes...
I used to use alot money, but it aint worth it just to stay at the top...
Thats why i starting here :p

DeletedUser25607

It comes down to competition too, imo looking through the rankings I'm not seeing as many good players as say a speed 2 or 3 server.

I also think speed 1 gives heavy gold users an even bigger advantage over a player who only buys the advisors and the occasional instant build. Especially with gold trading, where a gold user is not impeded by limited resources.

I agree that speedy worlds are more popular. If alliances/players (regulars) of speed-3 better than alliances/regulars of speed-1 - is a question.

And concerning gold (ab)users - they don't really dominate the game. Grepo is also the game of numbers, thus with cap. 150 and several thousands active players - a couple of dozens gold (ab)users are not really decisive. Moreover if they are spread in different alliances.