Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter ArmouredHoplite
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Haha that happened to me a few days ago, a noob broke off from Fo SHizzle and tried to steal our members, because he thought it was stupid that I said that Infection might pummel us haha.

Aicy

Strategos
Haha that happened to me a few days ago, a noob broke off from Fo SHizzle and tried to steal our members, because he thought it was stupid that I said that Infection might pummel us haha.

Lol really!? :D :D :D

I mean it's so obvious that Fo Shizzle is much better than Infection anyway!

DeletedUser

I will settle for commenting on the the few alliances who have players that I know. I'm thiking Veritas Prime will likely do very well, depending on how important this world is to them. The players that I recognize from them are rank 2, 6, 7, 8 and 348 in Phi, and have all worked together before. Of course, I hope they don't do too well, since I want Phi to stay their priority.

D3TH are from Omicron, which seems to be one of the most war-filled and competitive worlds in Grepolis. D3TH were one of the best alliances in Omicron for a long itme. Since they just dissolved and had several players quit that world, I'm assuming that some of the best active members are in this reincarnation. I can see that their leader moves with them as well. I think they will likely be top3 in a few months, if not far into the lead (depend on how many of the former D3TH players commit to this project, I would think).

I'm not convinced that The Indomitable Gauls are particularly good, and they don't seem to have the most experiences leadership. However, with this being a non-morale world, there really is no limit to how quickly Age of Enlightenment can grow, with him being extremely active and willing to use loads of gold. This could really help them a lot. He might stay 3-4 cities ahead of everyone else if he keeps exponential growing with the advantage he has currently. When resources and building times aren't a hindrance, then there's not really much to hold you back when all your opponents are only at 3000-4000 points.

Psi Co. also looks interesting, having a few decent players from Phi. Not sure if it's a serious alliance, but I would think so since it's a group of people who have played together in Phi. They were know as The Bish, one of the top alliances, but haven't done particularly well in their wars.

DeletedUser345

I'm not convinced that The Indomitable Gauls are particularly good, and they don't seem to have the most experiences leadership.

Grepostats don't mean everything my friend people use alias and Aicy's doesn't speak for itself. As for omicron as one of the most competitive, i think you can prove that false when you see BLACK SEA topping the world... :p

Aicy

Strategos
I'm not convinced that The Indomitable Gauls are particularly good, and they don't seem to have the most experiences leadership. However, with this being a non-morale world, there really is no limit to how quickly Age of Enlightenment can grow, with him being extremely active and willing to use loads of gold. This could really help them a lot. He might stay 3-4 cities ahead of everyone else if he keeps exponential growing with the advantage he has currently. When resources and building times aren't a hindrance, then there's not really much to hold you back when all your opponents are only at 3000-4000 points.

I love how people are still bashing us even after we have double the points of most alliances, 50% more average points and three times as much BP as second in BP.

DeletedUser

Aicy, you having many points might indeed indicate that you want it the most. Or that you simply started early and have happened to be quite active for the last few days. Points mean nothing at this stage, other than being an indicator of how much people want to play this world. We've seen loosely coupled alliances who are very eager to be top and fish around for the most active players initially all the worlds. These are often driven by an urge to be number one in points, but once they encounter any real opposition and suffer some setbacks, it might not be as "fun" anymore, and the more active players will slowly drop their activity level. Meanwhile, other alliances have built a strong collective and have worked according to a strategy all along, and will easily take over. I cannot say which is which so early in a world (which is why these thread are always quite pointless), but without coordination and cooperation, as well as proper knowledge about the game, more points won't do you any good.

I have no way of knowing how good you guys are, so I don't see how you could misconstrue my post as "bashing".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is no reason that the other alliances would turn on you. All it takes is one strong active alliance to take your cities one by one. Since you still haven't responded to my post, I don't really have anything to add to that :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) you gave him 15 min to reply to your post

2) if an alliance start taking our cities one by one we would take their's four by four

3) i think you want to be in TIG

DeletedUser

Aicy, you having many points might indeed indicate that you want it the most. Or that you simply started early and have happened to be quite active for the last few days. Points mean nothing at this stage, other than being an indicator of how much people want to play this world. We've seen loosely coupled alliances who are very eager to be top and fish around for the most active players initially all the worlds. These are often driven by an urge to be number one in points, but once they encounter any real opposition and suffer some setbacks, it might not be as "fun" anymore, and the more active players will slowly drop their activity level. Meanwhile, other alliances have built a strong collective and have worked according to a strategy all along, and will easily take over. I cannot say which is which so early in a world (which is why these thread are always quite pointless), but without coordination and cooperation, as well as proper knowledge about the game, more points won't do you any good.

I have no way of knowing how good you guys are, so I don't see how you could misconstrue my post as "bashing".

well - this thread is a fun way of people in the forum to talk trash or just randomly talk about the different alliances and see how their predictions turns out to be. But you have a point in saying this has nothing to do what so ever, about how well or how bad this or that alliance will do..
but its more fun this way my good man =) more fun ;)

DeletedUser

1 The Indomitable Gauls - Going to stay for a long time if they have a descent leadership + they are a little spread out, so lets wait and see..

2 Rim Express - hmm.. Do not know so much about them, but they look strong.

3 FoxHound - base in O55 and looking to stay there for awhile.

4 Semper Fidelis - I am in it, all I say ;) haha

5 Fo Shizzle - got sabotage or something, but came back and looking to stay in Ocean 55 with other strong alliances..

6 Veritas Prime - Has a sister alliance already (Aletheia Prime) and looking BIG, but I am not sure, station in O44.

7 Magyar Vandor - Hungarian players all the way I think, I think these guys going to be twisting some heads in O44 (do not know if they got experience, but they will turn some heads I think.."my dark horse")

8 The Unknown Quantity - hmm. They looking like a pub-alliance and I like that I hope they stay and they probably will - funny name!

9 D3TH - also a O44 alliance, got some good players and if leadership are good they will get into a huge war soon enough.

10 Umbrella Corporation - I like the name, and its seams to be a bunch of good players that knows what they want. lets wait and see.

11 Sausage Smugglers - O45 alliance here as-well and they are a experienced bunch but time will show if they are up to the task, I have faith in them but - they are targeted by others it seams like...

12 Psi Co - Original name, do not know anything about them - but I give all alliance a benefit of the doubt, so I hope they will mess up some people in their ocean.

Well - that whats my opinion..
what do you guys think ? =)

Sausage Smugglers are 5th in abp with just 22 members, and have 0 dbp, I think we are the ones doing the targeting mate