Update to version 2.39 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser5832
  • Start date

DeletedUser9465

Totally agreed. We need the harbor check to stay as it used to be.

DeletedUser22708

I thought it was a bug but it isn't. Really disappointed in grepolis, worst update ever. The only people happy with this update are turtles

DeletedUser14283

Okay that may be one issue with the update.

However what do people think of the new island quests?

They look exciting and I can't wait to try them :)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Currently I have an island quest going that is giving me 4 swords an hour for 4 hours and the only penalty for it was reduced silver output for like 5 hours. So basically a free 16 swords so help me get to the 300 pop I need for farm 6. Big fan of the island quests thus far.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if this 7 day login reward resets after the 7th day or is it just a one off? I could do with that 100 free population every few days.

DeletedUser23986

Island quests are giving more def bonus so far. I believe, we need to give advantages to attackers as well.

Also h check is very imp. Pls return it!

DeletedUser

is something wrong coz i don't see the 100 pops or the attack bonus in the reward list

DeletedUser20948

I'm looking forward to the island quests, not sold on the harbour check thing though :(

DeletedUser25038

whats with the change to the harbour check? It was a very important part of the game and didnt need changing

DeletedUser

Im disappointed with the removal of harbor checks. Its a vital part of attacking and it makes a huge difference to remove it, AND it wasnt even announced in the changelog. :supermad:
...I think certain germans should put their jägermeister back in the closet and start attending AA.

Removing harbor checks will cause less fighting I think...There will be less random attacking, which may turn into retaliations, and war (this is still a war game, right?).

...I had a good thing going with 4 other alliances (which outnumber my alliance by far) with harbor checks. I doubt that I would be able to drain the caves of players with twice and thrice more cities then me, and who have none others to fight then their inactives.
Removing harbor checks is not balance. It does not encourage fighting.

Yes, I still have the wall to check, but now I worry that one day unannounced that opportunity will be removed too.

The update is BLAH!

DeletedUser9267

Yes Harbor checks was a great strategy tool, it would be good to have back.

Also it would be great if we were able to store the daily login rewards in the inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21784

I got the island quest feature in Belle, but not in Lindos
I got the 7 day reward feature in Lindos, but not in Belle

browser refresh & clearing cache didnt help

anybody else with these problems?

DeletedUser

I've got the 7 day rewards in both worlds now, no quests in either yet but I'm sure they will start to arrive.

I too would like to lodge my complaint about the HCs no longer working. Was this a deliberate removal or is a bug?

DeletedUser23986

I believe h check is an integral part of war planning, and removing it is not a wise move at all. If the game still aims to promote aggressiveness, this upgrade, will be disrupting things.

DeletedUser

I believe h check is an integral part of war planning, and removing it is not a wise move at all. If the game still aims to promote aggressiveness, this upgrade, will be disrupting things.

Couldn't agree more. I hope its a bug, if not you have to question if the guys who do the dev actually play the game at all.......

DeletedUser

as the number one attacker and defender in achillles - i rose to that position by strategy not blinded attacks - it is absolutely necessary for me to be able to harbor check or spy

spying is slower and requires that is much more random - please bring back harbor checks - yes they work against me as a hundred plus city player but they also allow me to use strategy as opposed to just brute force to conquest cities.

this not only increases simming but blinds the attacker to just brutally pounding a city into submission if they expect to succeed.

is there another strategy that one could recommend - I just don't understand how to use the walls to determine how many units are left after a particular attack

DeletedUser18132

Can anyone tell me where the island quests are? I don't see them in Mu.

P.S. Why did you take away the harbor check? Maybe Envoy could pop in here for a moment and explain the idea behind removing the?