v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser3288

yet another confusing post in the announcements. Zeus has recently edited his first post on update 1.12 thread; where it says that revolt will be implemented in existing worlds in 2 weeks time. The second post which is unedited says that only future worlds will have revolt. I'm confused.

There is an explanation of something unrelated under Morale in the edited update.

i will be quitting delta if the moral is kept the same

i worked hard to have the best average score on the server, i have 38k points and the next closes to me in my ocean has 20k and hes over 20 hours away. This is a stupid system for this game. Why change what isnt broken?

DeletedUser

yep. no more helping the little guys grow cause it costs you 3-4x what it wold cost them to clear people.

What i really do not understand is why morale is kept a secret till you attack. i mean in tribal wars you knew how much morale you had even before you clicked the button. Now you dont even know that.

I mean the simulator even has a value for morale. Whats the use of that if theyre not going to tell you beforehand what your morale is?

It also encourages sitting around not playing the game. Why invest in battle points for culture? It's too expensive. You'll just log it, farm, and throw festivals. Boy, that's a fun game for everyone to play.

Sim festival.

DeletedUser

Let me add: doesn't this mean the elite alliances are all toast?

Having 25 cities now means your units from any one city are almost worthless. Big players should get slaughtered, and alliances that only have big players should really get slaugtered by midling alliances that are technically less powerful.

Those alliances will really enjoy the Sim Festival patch.

DeletedUser

i will be quitting delta if the moral is kept the same

i worked hard to have the best average score on the server, i have 38k points and the next closes to me in my ocean has 20k and hes over 20 hours away. This is a stupid system for this game. Why change what isnt broken?

Most us complaining about morale are top 3 in Ocean/server. We are a small percentage but how long can one suffer 0% morale compounded with -30 luck?

Even the most aggressive player would be tempted to do a sim city festival from now on. Bigger players cannot will now hesitate to help clear cities for the beginners in their alliance. Ultimate losers are the beginners who cannot get help stabilizing their empire (with 2-3 cities) from where they can take off.

Lets get rid of the alliance concept next. Have a cap of 5 per alliance. That would be the next unwanted change I'm looking forward to.

DeletedUser3288

Most us complaining about morale are top 3 in Ocean/server. We are a small percentage but how long can one suffer 0% morale compounded with -30 luck?

Even the most aggressive player would be tempted to do a sim city festival from now on. Bigger players cannot will now hesitate to help clear cities for the beginners in their alliance. Ultimate losers are the beginners who cannot get help stabilizing their empire (with 2-3 cities) from where they can take off.

Lets get rid of the alliance concept next. Have a cap of 5 per alliance. That would be the next unwanted change I'm looking forward to.

if i kept playing i would just farm inactives and build theatres. Not point attacking people for culture points now its just going to end up far to expensive.

I have 38k points and i have to travel 14 hours by transport to find someone with over 10k

everyone who is in my region started at same time as me and had the exact same chance to be come as big as i am. Just because i spend more time or make better decisions why should i be punished for it? I have an inactive player with 15k of each resource sat in store i was going to clear. Thing is they are only 1800 with 500 swords, screw that now. This game is just trying to force everyone to be carebears.

DeletedUser

I was just about to post a thread about this moral thing.

Here's how this will affect the aggressive player who thanks to his style of play, has grown much larger than the average player around him:

xuw1inj0ock3icoi1voijh8z7xc3grz4.png

DeletedUser

I detest morale way more than militia. Anything less than 80% is not acceptable in my opinion.

I just started 2 Festivals and 2 plays and I ve sent all my Horseys and Slingers to watch them! This is going to be a recurring theme is morale isn't fixed

DeletedUser3288

nice haul.

shame the bounty doesnt even cover rebuild costs tho.

DeletedUser1026

ouch that moral hurts bad. whats the point of attacking now?

DeletedUser

if i kept playing i would just farm inactives and build theatres. Not point attacking people for culture points now its just going to end up far to expensive.

I have 38k points and i have to travel 14 hours by transport to find someone with over 10k

everyone who is in my region started at same time as me and had the exact same chance to be come as big as i am. Just because i spend more time or make better decisions why should i be punished for it? I have an inactive player with 15k of each resource sat in store i was going to clear. Thing is they are only 1800 with 500 swords, screw that now. This game is just trying to force everyone to be carebears.

Agreed danie. I just lost 2 horses against one of my farms. Not much, but when the farm has a lvl 0 wall and no troops?

And now :/

Just lost 580 horses against a 5k city.

Before and after spying I killed 154 swords, 121 arch and 78 hoplite's.

I didn't even make a ***** dent.

Change this. Or Im just quiting. There's no way you can keep this game going. With moral. It seems that Semper Fidelis are going to destroy SM. Bring out new world's with Moral. Leave my worlds alone.

DeletedUser

Change this. Or Im just quiting. There's no way you can keep this game going. With moral. It seems that Semper Fidelis are going to destroy SM. Bring out new world's with Moral. Leave my worlds alone.

+1

Leave morale out of existing worlds else there will be mass exodus

DeletedUser

Just a couple of sim tests:

Normal moral, 0 luck
0911140309.jpg

30% morale, 0 luck
1681886819.jpg

30% moreal, +30% luck
4547105127.jpg

100% morale, -30% luck
3645078255.jpg

30% morale, -30% luck
2946748352.jpg

I think this shows that morale is more of a worry than luck now, but when combined with poor luck, it is deadly.

By my reckoning, with previous setting of always 100% morale and the conquer system, a full turtle should still take at least 2, probably 3 nukes to clear. With revolt + morale I think we are looking at around 7-8 waves depending on luck scores if they are a smaller player. This just goes to emphasise the importance of the little guys in your alliance getting involved. What about keeping someone deliberately and artificially low in your alliance so they are there to provide 2 cities full of nukes, protected by your bigger players D troops? Valid tactic in my view. Thoughts?

DeletedUser

With moral. It seems that Semper Fidelis are going to destroy SM. Bring out new world's with Moral. Leave my worlds alone.

I really feel for you guys. You really are toast. The smaller alliances around you are going to be able to take all your cities for real. You can't fight back until they bring you down to their size.

If I was NmE and the Illuminati i'd start taking all your cities right now and there'd be not a lot you could do about it.

Toko really might as well not play because his units aren't going to do any good against anyone. Except play Sim Festival and wait to get destroyed.

DeletedUser

I agree 100%
It would be much better to leave old worlds as they was and input thise new things to next/newest worlds. They change gamestyle way too much in already existing worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really feel for you guys. You really are toast. The smaller alliances around you are going to be able to take all your cities for real. You can't fight back until they bring you down to their size.

If I was NmE and the Illuminati i'd start taking all your cities right now and there'd be not a lot you could do about it.

Toko really might as well not play because his units aren't going to do any good against anyone. Except play Sim Festival and wait to get destroyed.

1st no were not. We can still Defend at 100% and I seriously doubt that NoE will attack (they have enough worries)

Illuminati can try. But Im on that border ;)

DeletedUser

1st no were not. We can still Defend at 100% and I seriously doubt that NoE will attack (they have enough worries)

Illuminati can try. But Im on that border ;)

Sort of. You can stack your cities with defenders. But you can't sling back with attacking troops on conquer attempts. You can't counter-attack cities. The only strategy you've got is big stacks behind walls.

I'm not saying its fair. It's not. But it is what it is.

DeletedUser

ok, i am going to wait until i have a chance to test the new system before actually make a judgement on whether it is good or bad. It does seem to be rushed into the game, which is never really a good idea. However, i want to see for myself wether or not it is good or bad.

That said, i completely agree that we should not touch the old servers. It changes the game massively, at a point where many players are already established, and changing the system would upset the balance of power incredibly and make those players, who have more cities and are more likely to buy credits to get an administrator, quit in anger.

There are always some people who like things and those who hate them. I understand that. I like this game because of it's potential. I can have 100 cities, not limited to 9. I can wipe someone i hate off the map, and send him to the rim. Yet there are probably players who hate the game because of this.

And i have not played TW, but i am sure they did not simply rip out one of the most fundamental activities of the game to replace it with something else. Sure, they introduced new fundamental activities, but they changed part of the system rather than changing the entire system.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know for sure that when a small player attacks a big one they dont get 150% morale or something like that? I would be interested to find out.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know for sure that when a small player attacks a big one they dont get 150% morale or something like that? I would be interested to find out.

Knowing Inno games, this seems like the logical next step.

Hell, why stop here?

When a 2k noobs attacks a 5k+ city, Zeus should smile upon his bravery and add 10 manticures to his army automatically.

Only seems fair.