Confirmed Very annoying city doesnt change

DeletedUser

I have never used any scripts, cache has been cleared but the problem still persists, it only happens when I have a city with call of the ocean cast on it, it cannot be lag, has to be some sort of bug :/

DeletedUser

I don't use potusek. I have cleared my cache and I am not using CotO. I have logged in several times this morning...there are no city names displayed so I can't go to my other cities (drop-down doesn't work either). The panel on the top right is not showing any troops or gods and clicking any of the buttons doesn't do anything. The panel on the left doesn't show the settings, alliance forum etc. Most of the other stuff is working though.

DeletedUser

What I've just found out is that if I go to one of my two cities everthing works as it should, it's when I go to the other city that all the problems start & things disappear. When I go back to the other city & refresh, it all comes back again, weird!

DeletedUser

Not using ANY scripts and having this issue, constantly have to reload (I mean I'll do stuff in a city, then try to scroll, have to F5 then scroll, do something in another city and then can't scroll again). REALLY annoying, I don't want this when I'm bigger and trying to time attacks from lots of cities... Constantly refreshing? Ugh no.

I'd not played for about a year, must say the old interface from back then was much better.

Fix it please, or bring back the old scrolling between cities interface!

Edit - And I don't have call of the ocean on any of my cities, this just seems to happen as standard.

Edit 2 - And no, clearing cache doesn't help, and no of course I'm not using IE, nobody in their right mind would use IE... Chrome/firefox here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

Please try clearing your games local temporary saving. You can do this by going to your settings, then going to local temporary saving, and then deleting the content.
This clears the lag issue almost all the time.

DeletedUser

That doesn't work either, literally just did it, went to my city, tried to change city... Not working.

Next idea that wont work?

DeletedUser27700

If you have really tried all this stuff, submit a ticket about this and we will see.

DeletedUser22517

The problem is:The developers of this game tested new interface with 2-3 cities accounts and everything was nice and smooth.Try it when you have 50 cities and you gonna see what kind of problem we have.I have the same problem, this interface is way to slow, try to click on a city when you have 50 trades going there!Takes half minute to load that city.What gonna happen if i need to snipe from that city?And the answer was-Please try clearing your games local temporary saving. You can do this by going to your settings, then going to local temporary saving, and then deleting the content.
Really???That is best answer we can get?

Thane Badger

Phrourach
This is a nightmare. If you try to scroll past a city with a spell the whole game locks up and you have to reload. If you initiate a scrolling, where you can. it takes you to your first city.

If you have a lot of activity ie. 50+ trades going on, the game is freezing at every function command. Even opening the city view interface from the Island screen, rather than from the side bar will cause a game freeze that requires a screen refresh.

These are not issues that you can fob people off with excuses about deleting their files. this is happening 50 times a day, sometimes 50 times an hour. The game is losing players because it is becoming a cumbersome labour to play. It's supposed to be fun, not an exercise in PC maintenance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Okay, I've submitted a ticket.

Hope to have a response (return to the old interface tbh) soon.

Edit - mungus1974, Thane Badger - I've only returned playing recently and only just up to 4 cities, and this is doing my head in. I can only imagine the issues it causes later on :S

DeletedUser

I had this reply;

Hello Arlethus,

To answer your first issue, to get the map to change with your cities, please check the "center map" in the map section of the settings.

As for the the city jumping, please clear your cache. I have logged into your account and everything is working normal for me.

If you are unsure on how to clear your browser cache, you can find more information here.

If this does not help, updating your browser or trying a different browser may improve things for you.

If the problem still persists after you have tried all these measures please write back and I will try to help further.

This is DESPITE me prefacing my ticket with 'I have already changed browser/cleared cache etc etc, please do not reply with a copy/paste 'please clear your cache' response.

Mods... Not reading things... Great help!

DeletedUser

Hello Arlethus,

I understand your frustration with the issues you are having. However, there are reasons that we have steps that we follow to identify and fix issues that players have when these problems arise and it is imperative that you follow them, whether you have already done them before or not.

I have logged into your account and, using the steps you requested I try, was not able to duplicate the problems you are stating. Everything is working normal for me. Again, please clear your cache/browser history using the steps previously given. If that does not work, use the "incognito" feature with Chrome and log in. Either of these should clear your issues.

_____

I've replied to this to basically tell them they can bring back the old interface (since its NOTHING I'm doing that is causing this) or they can stuff their stupid game.

DeletedUser

Meh, calmed down.

Mods really shouldn't be taken from the worst echelons of the playerbase though. And they should be able to understand English!

DeletedUser

I have looked into the issues and i believe the cause behind the Switching cities issue will be fixed in wednesdays update, should the issues still occur after the update please don't hesitate to contact the support team.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Gunnellator
Senior Moderator

---

Got a response finally from a Senior Mod... I think I might have shouted too much at the regular Mod.

At least they have acknowledged the issue and hopefully it will be fixed!

Edit - Apologies for multiple posting, didn't even realise I was doing it. :S

Edit 2 - And to whatever person gave me the 'Show a little respect' rep, you know who you are, I think you know nothing about what was said. The mod that responded to me first literally ignored half of my ticket, then after me stating I'd done things, started saying I was refusing to do what he'd said... All he did was wind me up and annoy me.

Respect is earned, not just given.

DeletedUser22517

Thanks for the improvements from the last update grepo, now everything is working perfectly(no i am just joking) :Angry:

DeletedUser

I am still experiencing this bug whereby on scrolling through cities with left/right buttons, the City Description for one city does not display. The data appears to be related to the changed city, but one cannot be sure.

This invisible city does at the moment have Call of the Ocean running.

It is also the final city in my estate alphabetically.

Before it's been the first and last cities that seem to have had this problem.

Before the update I could fix this by logging out of the game and then back in again, but I now have an additional bug where the Log Out button no longer works!

DeletedUser

Thanks for the improvements from the last update grepo, now everything is working perfectly(no i am just joking) :Angry:

+1 tbh, yep seems to have fixed it wonderfully, just like the Senior Mod who messaged me said it would!

Except for DevaXX's problems ofc... :(

DeletedUser33909

City list will not scroll

Atuin .. en51 .. City list will not scroll .... will not got past first page ... even if I select a later page to go to ... have cleared cashe and history etc ... tried it on another computer ...tried it on explorer and chrome