War Declaration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Because I believe that as a community, Delta can use more official announcements of major events that are occurring to keep our community aware; I feel I should make this event official.

.........................Gaudy Horns Blow in the background....................

The diplomatic relationship between DOA and TFP has gone downhill over the last month, and it was only a matter of time before the situation escalated to the point of full blown hostility. That time has arrived.

A day or so ago TFP launched a planned large multi-wave attack on a plethora of DOA cities. I was "bolted" 3 times to start the event in fashion<grin> Nothing like a little more farmspace free of charge. I personally find bolting to be distasteful and a waste of perfectly good favor, but to each his own.

The first salvo has been thrown and we have weathered it in stoic DOA style and even managed to conqust 3 of their cities while losing none to their offensive.(Ioa did lose some out in ocean 86) It's refreshing not to be the one to start a war for a change <chuckle> now it is our turn...

So........Since I have yet to hear a word from the leaders of TFP and no answer to my missive, I'll do my own proper declaration of war.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to wide spread attacks on DOA territory and the blatant attempt at conquests of several DOA cities ( all failed btw).

Disciples of Ares declares war on the alliance The Forgotten Phoenix

I'd like to thank Tiberius the Brave for at least attempting on several occasions to reach diplomatic resolutions to issues that came up,(though he really should leave diplomacy to H17waii who is better suited for it).

DOA is honored to have been chosen to receive the massive amounts of gift wrapped BP that TFP has chosen to deliver to our shores. We are more than willing to return the "favor".. and.. the battle points in kind, hopefully at a much better ratio of return.

The war of Eastern Delta will continue unabated from this point forward until which time any 3 of the following criteria are met.

1. Tiberius the Brave posts on his - in game profile - that he is actually "not" that brave and wears pink fuzzy slippers around his polis at night.

2. The alliance, The Forgotten Phoenix changes its name to simply "Forgotten" for at least 6 months.

3. Either DOA or The Forgotten Phoenix lose 500 Polis's to the other

4. Either DOA or TFP disbands

5. The top 10 BP holders of TFP give all their cities to DOA without them being contested.

6. The leaders of the two alliances come to some civil agreement.

7. The war continues for more than a year without resolution

8. The leaders of the two alliances agree to disagree and end the war.

Good luck to all involved.

Forty

DeletedUser

Fortyfour, typically I am all with you on everything, but the first classless thing I have ever read from you is before my eyes here.

Your terms and conditions (the seven of them) are strikingly poorly chosen and worded. I understand we all have our pride to worry about. But man...pride and insults should never meet.

But first and foremost, let's be honest. Both armies declare terms of battle before the battle begins, not just one.

DeletedUser

Well I'm sorry to hear that Nwinder, I think perhaps you missed the point.

We did not start this particular war. This choice belonged to TFP. They never said anything to me at all prior or post attacks and still haven't. They failed to declare a war at all to be honest, except in action.

Now to the terms. Those terms are "OUR" terms. They are welcome to have their own. They were not ment to be met to be honest. They were a bit of light hearted poking at "Terms of War" in general. I'm well aware that nobody would "ever" want to meet them. That was the point.

The fact of the matter is, there is only one outcome to this conflict now. We both know what that is. We will continue this until one of us is no more. That has always been DOA's way when it comes to real wars. SO, if you were "offended" by my terms, I do apologize as as I was only being facetious.

forty

DeletedUser

I read them as cheeky myself. Guessing that 6-8 are the more serious terms.

But Forty, aren't we all already dancing around in pink slippers and purple bathrobes in our polises at night? ;)

DeletedUser

<grin> nothing like a pair of fuzzy pinks to keep you warm on a cold winter night Nonedoe. Mine have little ares heads over the toes. To each his own i say!

DeletedUser

Both armies declare terms of battle before the battle begins, not just one.

I wish Ive heard them before the battle started, or even after. My friend is under constant fire since the last Sunday and I still havent heard why. Not that I dont know, it has probably something to do with his new banner... but no, not really because other of my guys and me are very close as well and havent been attacked yet, so it must have something to do with their lust for volnurable cities as he is the only one in the center of their ocean without any friends around..."brave" huh?

The most funny part is that few attackers were actually helped by my friend in the past. He helped them during their conquers while in Pergamum and now they want to conquer him :) Irony... not trying to say all TFP boys are bad, just would like to hear their "terms of battle" lol

This war hasnt started in gentleman's fashion so no protocols apply here, but its only my personal opinion. I fail to see any insults here, unless calling enemy leader not-brave is an offence, but really is it that classless? I could give few reasons why Tibs is not as brave as he claims but dont want to start another flame war. Some people who know bit more about Tibs actions will agree with this statement.

and please drop this bombastic mask, its only a game :) have fun everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5270

I agree with you Forty Four. It is a very good idea to let people know what is happening in Delta. Yes TFP did launch an all out assault on DOA and yes we did launch it with no warning. For a long time now DOA have been growing ever larger and more powerful. DOA has been creeping slowly closer towards our territory and we had to do something about this as an alliance. We were in discussions for Pergamum to join us, but they joined DOA. We were also in discussions for Rainmaker to join us but they have also joined DOA and IOA. We have become isolated as an alliance, surrounded by a sea of DOA. We had no choice but to declare war. The war may be desperate but as the saying goes "It is better to burn out than to slowly fade away."

Like DOA we are proud of our strong military tradition and our great success in wars. We respect DOA but DOA threaten us and we have to act now if Delta is to be anything other than a playground for DOA and TH. I hope this is a war between respected enemies. Afterall this is a game and supposed to be fun. I hate it when people start insulting each other and swearing at each other.

I can promise DOA and Delta that this will be a long lasting and bloody war as we are a well run alliance and will not give in.

Anyway here are our Terms for DOA's surrender.

1. We will only accept an unconditional surrender
2. DOA have to change their name to 'The Big Silly Sheep Alliance'
3. DOA must accept our worst player as their new leader.
4. Each DOA player must sing the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme whilst wearing Pink Fluffy slippers and a strange pointy hat.

Anyway, now we have got the formalities out of the way Good Luck (or maybe I should say Bad Luck?) and lets have some fun.

DeletedUser

Im glad that TFP leadership has spoken, oh wait they haven't, oh well =P

DeletedUser

It reminds me war between DoA vs BoM. TFP enjoyed party then thinking they are making themselves stronger. Now its time for themselves to test ;)

DeletedUser

It reminds me war between DoA vs BoM. TFP enjoyed party then thinking they are making themselves stronger. Now its time for themselves to test ;)

Put themselves to the test.. Let me tell you all what i see as the leader of exPergamum.

Tibs (leader of TFP) offered me a merge, bigging TFP up on how they would one day rid delta of the huns and DoA control. He told how his "men" were blood thirsty and ready for a war.

They attacked DoA with no decloration of war.

Most seiges from them were broken.

They asked The Huns and Black for help and turn against DoA.

THE HUNS !!!.. Black i can kind of understand being their position and past dealings with both alliances, but the huns.... for an alliance that is extreme anti-hun and DoA.. They ask for their help...

Ready for war.... <laugh>

DeletedUser5270

Put themselves to the test.. Let me tell you all what i see as the leader of exPergamum.

Tibs (leader of TFP) offered me a merge, bigging TFP up on how they would one day rid delta of the huns and DoA control. He told how his "men" were blood thirsty and ready for a war.

They attacked DoA with no decloration of war.

Most seiges from them were broken.

They asked The Huns and Black for help and turn against DoA.

THE HUNS !!!.. Black i can kind of understand being their position and past dealings with both alliances, but the huns.... for an alliance that is extreme anti-hun and DoA.. They ask for their help...

Ready for war.... <laugh>

We are not anti TH. We are not anti DOA. We are not anti anybody. Our Diplomacy simply works on the basis of balance of power. DOA are a threat to us and therefore we will do what we can to reduce their power.

Pergamum tipped the balance of power heavily in the favour of DOA when they joined DOA. If they had joined us then there would have been 3 equally powerful alliances in Delta, but we move on. And we have moved on.... To War!!!!

DeletedUser

Well I'm sorry to hear that Nwinder, I think perhaps you missed the point.

We did not start this particular war. This choice belonged to TFP. They never said anything to me at all prior or post attacks and still haven't. They failed to declare a war at all to be honest, except in action.

Now to the terms. Those terms are "OUR" terms. They are welcome to have their own. They were not ment to be met to be honest. They were a bit of light hearted poking at "Terms of War" in general. I'm well aware that nobody would "ever" want to meet them. That was the point.

The fact of the matter is, there is only one outcome to this conflict now. We both know what that is. We will continue this until one of us is no more. That has always been DOA's way when it comes to real wars. SO, if you were "offended" by my terms, I do apologize as as I was only being facetious.

forty

Oh, I may have missed the point. I am not all-wise and kind myself. You did not offend me at all. I just find it hard to believe that people are worried about "being attacked" when you yourself claim the attacks are just gift-wrapped packages.

Anyway, on with the show!

Best of luck to both parties involved, but a tad more luck to TFP at the end of the day =)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the War Declaration Imperica. I enjoyed reading the terms :).

Nwinder, I'm not in the least worried about being attacked, where did I give that impression? We are two alliances that border 4-5 oceans and when 100's of attacks were sent I wanted to make it official. It was not as if we were just bumping into each other anymore at that point.

I see no problem in TFP attempting to arrange diplomacy with anyone. That's their right. I certainly consider diplomacy to be a major tool in the old tool-box.

Again best of luck to both sides,

forty

DeletedUser

I guess as 1 of the leaders of TFP I am obliged to add something to this thread.
No one in TFP finds Forty's declaration insulting, we have all seen the funny side of the post. In fact, we would welcome the opportunity of seeing Tibs wearing pink fuzzy slippers; I am sure that would be a very fetching sight.
I apologise for not posting a declaration of war, but as I explained to Forty, my Grepolis time has been limited due to real life stuff. I was confident Scars, Forty, GROM and the rest of DoA were smart enough to realise what was happening when several of TFP attack several members of DoA, although I accept that was not very cordiale of my alliance or I. Having said that, I think we are all aware of Forty's silk tongue and love for posting threads. He has done a far better job with the war declaration than I ever could.

As I have already explained to Scars and Forty, we have not gone to war with DoA for any other reason than because as Imperica explained, DoA are an immediate threat to us and we believe it is the right thing to do.
Forty, Scars and DoA have always been pleasant and adult in the dialogue we have had. TFP has nothing but respect for DoA and it's leaders. However, we have grown tired of watching DoA monopolise this server. In recent times, DoA strength has increased, not through war and co-ordinated attacks, but through mergers with other strong alliances. In a server that has been monopolised by DoA and TH, the only options for other alliances are

1 - merge with DoA or TH
2 - exist, but only because DoA or TH allow it
3 - go to war with DoA and/or TH at some point

I am aware that due to the size of DoA alliance and the fact they are allies with TH, the only way alliances like TFP can compete with DoA/IoA is with assistance from alliances such as Pergamum, Rainmaker, Black, etc. Unfortunately, RM and Pergamum decided to merge into DoA, whilst Black prefer to remain neutral. Now these mergers make sense for the alliances involved, but destroy the competitiveness nature of this server.
So TFP have chosen the most difficult of the 3 options mentioned above; option 3. We have gone to war with DoA and have done so on our terms. And if I am honest, I hope we are not the last alliance to do so!

DeletedUser

I am fairly sure the Fears, Ely, byoung and the rest will be looking down from that big polis in the sky with a smile on their faces.

Scar I know only to well of tibs and how he likes to talk and make empty promises as before the BoM war he made contact with me to inform me of the planned attacks. He assured me "the time to stand and fight the elites is now" he told me many times that TFP were on our side.

We planned attacks and defence for about 2 weeks before the war, then suddenly he stopped opening my messages. A couple of days went by with no contact until the day before Pergamum and TFP joined the war. He sent me some bull message about how his Internet had been down and while he was gone TFP council had changed all the plans but he could no longer discuss the matter with me.

For that reason and no other I do not wish TFP well in this war. I hope they suffer a quick and humiliating defeat and I hope Tibs gets what is coming to him (SW)

DeletedUser

Wow, terms of war. This is serious. This is going to be a fun war to watch.

(actually I'll probably participate in it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.