We want a new server (Please)

DeletedUser

That would be horrible, with 12 gods it would practically be way too easy especially if it involved most of those gods helping with ongoing attacks.

DeletedUser31385

What about building and research? You dont get much help there.
Ares I think is the only one who would be made a war god.

DeletedUser46838

I have a feelings the new world is coming out soon.

73EQDYu.png

I've said in that in a thread somewhere in the forums.....and we've been anticipating it since the second week of Pandosia....lol
I'm waiting it for it too, I'm not really going to play there but am going to make a newspaper there ( hoping for settings I want)

Needs more of the 12 gods in 3.0 (you are half way there!), add a lot of new content and balance please.

No just no.

DeletedUser31385

Did you even read my reasoning for posting that later on? You need spells to help with Building and research. You already have Units and resources.

DeletedUser

I can understand your point on this but would you not get bored with the same thing all the time without new content added now and again?

there's a difference between new content for the game and there's a difference for new things gold magnates to spend on

examples for new content would be new units to fight with, new gods with new spells and myth units, new buildings for your city, new attack/defense type, new types of resources...

what inno has done in terms of bringing anything that's new, is that they implemented lots of things only gold users can benefit from. let me go even further on what i have seen: construction cut time in half made players at the beginning of the server conquest ready way faster than by any usual means causing imbalance in city count and not to mention those stackers cutting walls construction time in half when you are coming at them i've seen walls built from 0 to 25 in less than 30 minutes, unit cut time in half caused lost units to replenish causing yet another imbalance specially at the server start, making that conquest attempt a fail because someone built 200 biremes in 2 hours or so and all he had to have were resources which aren't hard to get and last but not the least, those precious world wonders. so many players simply quit the world after they build it or fail trying causing the server to become a ghost server, and so many players join servers in order to build them causing fight spirit to be gone. some players even end up having 10 times more points than ABP but they still consider themselves doing a good job for their alliance by sending resources which is a zillion times easier than coordinating tons of attack and support waves in a conquest based world

just because we've seen new things around over the years doesn't make that better. most developers aren't players in the long run and cannot understand what a long time player needs to increase the competitiveness and entertainment in the game. most if not all of them play for the purpose to see if some things aren't causing a bug or some sort of a technical failure

if i could, i'd rename the title of this topic to ''we want that good old grepolis back''

DeletedUser5061

Alliances like EN still go in dominate every server, so being part of a strong alliance(coalition) is always going to give you the biggest advantage in game regardless of how much gold some noobs wanna throw towards a game. But you are spot on StormVoort, the biggest problem this game has at the moment is the level of competition has dropped greatly since "the good old grepolis" days, that's mostly due to all the simming additions to the game game like the world wonders, the daily quests, getting heros, unlocking rewards events.

Who has time fight wars when you have all this to do on top of your daily farming and where is the incentive to be the number one fighter on a server anymore, when others have brought there way to the top or half of there battle points was earned during triple BP days. The devs need stop acting like bunch of cyber hippies and spreading the peace in this game. And start working towards developing the war aspect of the game, take a leaf out of Mortal Kombat maybe add fatality and babality in there, add Ryu and Ken as units so we can hadouken fools before we rim them :) I don't know allow kidnapping of members of enemy alliances, so we can negotiate ransom in resources.

I can understand your point on this but would you not get bored with the same thing all the time without new content added now and again?

Lol, you're telling me you're having fun doing those quests things? lol the real fun was on servers like kappa and theta, it wasn't fun because we were having a brawl building up our cities, it was fun coz of the competitiveness of the servers and the people we spent talking to while competing on a platform provided by Grepolis. It can still be that way inno just need stop alienating players away from the game by getting greedy and burning them out.

DeletedUser

Alliances like EN still go in dominate every server, so being part of a strong alliance(coalition) is always going to give you the biggest advantage in game regardless of how much gold some noobs wanna throw towards a game. But you are spot on StormVoort, the biggest problem this game has at the moment is the level of competition has dropped greatly since "the good old grepolis" days, that's mostly due to all the simming additions to the game game like the world wonders, the daily quests, getting heros, unlocking rewards events.

Who has time fight wars when you have all this to do on top of your daily farming and where is the incentive to be the number one fighter on a server anymore, when others have brought there way to the top or half of there battle points was earned during triple BP days. The devs need stop acting like bunch of cyber hippies and spreading the peace in this game. And start working towards developing the war aspect of the game, take a leaf out of Mortal Kombat maybe add fatality and babality in there, add Ryu and Ken as units so we can hadouken fools before we rim them :) I don't know allow kidnapping of members of enemy alliances, so we can negotiate ransom in resources.

Lol, you're telling me you're having fun doing those quests things? lol the real fun was on servers like kappa and theta, it wasn't fun because we were having a brawl building up our cities, it was fun coz of the competitiveness of the servers and the people we spent talking to while competing on a platform provided by Grepolis. It can still be that way inno just need stop alienating players away from the game by getting greedy and burning them out.

I kind of think Storm summed it up already. Without the Mortal Kombat stuff.

DeletedUser40768

there's a difference between new content for the game and there's a difference for new things gold magnates to spend on

examples for new content would be new units to fight with, new gods with new spells and myth units, new buildings for your city, new attack/defense type, new types of resources...

what inno has done in terms of bringing anything that's new, is that they implemented lots of things only gold users can benefit from. let me go even further on what i have seen: construction cut time in half made players at the beginning of the server conquest ready way faster than by any usual means causing imbalance in city count and not to mention those stackers cutting walls construction time in half when you are coming at them i've seen walls built from 0 to 25 in less than 30 minutes, unit cut time in half caused lost units to replenish causing yet another imbalance specially at the server start, making that conquest attempt a fail because someone built 200 biremes in 2 hours or so and all he had to have were resources which aren't hard to get and last but not the least, those precious world wonders. so many players simply quit the world after they build it or fail trying causing the server to become a ghost server, and so many players join servers in order to build them causing fight spirit to be gone. some players even end up having 10 times more points than ABP but they still consider themselves doing a good job for their alliance by sending resources which is a zillion times easier than coordinating tons of attack and support waves in a conquest based world

just because we've seen new things around over the years doesn't make that better. most developers aren't players in the long run and cannot understand what a long time player needs to increase the competitiveness and entertainment in the game. most if not all of them play for the purpose to see if some things aren't causing a bug or some sort of a technical failure

if i could, i'd rename the title of this topic to ''we want that good old grepolis back''

To add to this there was a time about a year ago when a player in a speed 1 world I was in joined a week late. In less than 3 days he already had a 9k city and and had a full blown army. The guy was ranked #1 in points less than 24 hours after he joined the Speed 1 world. When he came out of bp he was at the minimum 3x bigger than every player on his island and even in his Ocean. He was literally farming the cities in his ocean the way you would demand resources from the farming villages. To top it off he was a new player, and coming out of BP he could have been even more dangerous if he understood the game mechanics entirely. Then he never got passed in the number one spot until he quit on the world. The next world he joined, US Zeta, he had 40 cities at a time when no one else had 30. Once again he grew ridiculously fast and was rebuilding nukes just as quick as he lost them. That is the power of gold.

DeletedUser46838

It's been 1 month and 4 days. I hope you all can agree that we should open a new world soon, right? Or has InnoGames slowed down the World production even further?

DeletedUser

When worlds are released frequently people moan, when worlds aren't released frequently people moan...

first

DeletedUser

When worlds are released frequently people moan, when worlds aren't released frequently people moan...

first

Well, let me break it to you, the way I see it: When you add new stuff to the game, and take too long before you open a new world that has the said new stuff available on it - people moan. And when you have no new stuff, but just the same old same - people again moan, as prey from older worlds moves into new worlds, and we want it to be coerced, to some degree, to stay there, so we can feast on it.
So basically, I'd say the formula is simple - Inno added new stuff - Inno would best hustle and open 2 new worlds asap (1 revolt, 1 conquest); at all other times, 1 new world every month/month + some more time, seems very reasonable to me.
Just my 2 cents... :p

DeletedUser5061

first

...honestly whatever noob.

oops.. didn't realise you are a mod, I guess I should treat you with respect.

wait... you are a mod? so I am your customer shouldn't you show me a little respect.

I guess anyone can become a mod, just get someone else to write in your application.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22115

16u1qh
That is what I look like right now as I wait for a world to open

DeletedUser

first

those who moan are usually those who join a server and quit it after few months, despite knowing it's settings in advance. why do they quit? if it's not RL then i suppose it's because things get boring for them, or they simply stop caring. the longer the longevity of a server, the harder it gets, specially when those simmers get to have no ghosts or inactive players around them. every server i've started, i've played until the end except for one that i had to leave because of RL that can understandable.

if you want to join a server then play it until the end. quitters ruin servers even more than inno did after installing these new gold spending things

DeletedUser

first

When worlds are released frequently, the only people who moan are the ones who have nothing better to do. When worlds arent released frequently, everybody moans.

DeletedUser46838

first

A good interval would be a world every 3 weeks for a game speed 3, 5 weeks for a game speed 2 and 9 weeks for a game speed 1

DeletedUser

We don't need a new world every 5 minutes if every player hypothetically stayed till the start of WW. Then releasing one every month would still leave underpopulated worlds and frankly no matter what inno will get rushed with complaints.