Which NRA???

DeletedUser

PORT are a big fish in a small pond. They are not going to declare war on anyone and no one is going to declare on them so they are in a good position

DeletedUser

You attack what is near you. You do not travel across an entire Ocean through un-pacified territory to go find a "worthy" opponent.

If they were truly worthy they'd slap you around for trying to attack that far.

Asperon Thorn

I would like to echo this response. First off you have to understand the game to know this to be true. If you send your men out into the middle of bum fook Egypt you leave yourself vulnerable. Second what is the point in taking a city so far out you couldn't defend.

Now as for how good PORT are you can't judge based on there BPA of course it will be high they have no one to challenge them. Therefore, it proves nothing. They were one of the lucky ones who got an ocean out in the middle of Nowhere with no real threats. They got to play sims and build up slowly until they could become the big fish..and play war with the little guys. :D

I guess we will have to wait for someone to move in on there territory to see how good they really are.

DeletedUser

They were one of the lucky ones who got an ocean out in the middle of Nowhere with no real threats.

There right next to Illuminati.

DeletedUser

I think the problem is most people don't know PORT's exact position since they are so small.

DeletedUser

hello!

i am from PORT. first i would like to thank you all for comments ( good and bad)

we are located in O57 and moving to O67. why are we strongest? becose we didn´t let anybody to spread to much.

and about challenge: we are not scared of nobody.

back to topic...... if i wasn´t in PORT i would definitely go to illuminati. small group of great players ( dyames you are crazy LOL and i like both croats LOl). very good leadership ( chrss2128 - great job)

DeletedUser

dado101, blomax and me. all together. we played in beta before but it was really to slow so we moved together in gamma

DeletedUser8202

+Rep for creating an interesting read mole and good thread

DeletedUser

Cheers Ste,

Like some have said, Maybe port did take the little boys first, before moving onto the bigger bunch - is that a bad idea? As Asperon said, you can only fight what is placed before you.

So if PORT have done exactly that, by taking out what is around them, and then moving outward from there, in my opinion its a very sound tactical strategy. Building a solid base to grow from, rather than spreading your cities so far apart, you have no chance to defending/conquering in case a proper war errupted.

No doubt these smaller alliances can foster an element of team work which the bigger boys would struggle with, smaller numbers/underdog mentality is great for united people and focusing them on a given task.

In a world where alliances fail/merge/break/rebuild - it's refreshing to see a few that have their own game plan - regardless of HOW big they are in terms of points - to see 2 like Asperons and PORT keeps this world very interesting and actually gives those smaller guys a big influential role should they ever step into a major conflict with another alliance.

DeletedUser

I believe PORT to be a great alliance. I know from personal experience it's very easy to co-ordinate attacks and defenses when you have only 9 other people to talk to rather than 70. I am a 420, and it is difficult to co-ordinate in such large numbers, however, since I'm in only two oceans I have a close knit of players who I stay in good contact with. I can imagine the advantages of having 10 very high point and experienced players close to each other is very good.

Other contenders would be the illuminati, who seem to have their act together and will be a formidable force to deal with. Their mass of cities in 56 and 66 is almost an impossible barrier. Look forward to seeing what they can do in the near future!

Also, does anybody know anything about the alliance 'The Black Sheep'? I've not heard them mentioned before.

DeletedUser

i believe there.... DU and LoE members ? who disagreed with the leadership?

DeletedUser7213

I think Black sheep is mostly composed of ex-LoE who disliked the merge. Dark union dudes are flocking back to DU, hence their re-emergence in the top 12.

DeletedUser

Ahh, okay thanks for the info guys. Should be interesting to see what happens there then.

DeletedUser

i think they were some of LoEs best players, and LoE is quite agressive and trained, perhaps Alph can elaborate for us?

DeletedUser7213

He is Alpharius, he won't say anything, he has no need to. No information is ever given about his alliance on the forums, so why would he start now? He always quips about them being noobs. Which is why I admire LoE so much. They're just great, so I pick them, too.