Who said a shadow never dies?

DeletedUser

depends on what you are and your looks, I can be both :p lol

as I already said a few times, I am just a dutch queer ;)

DeletedUser

But Inveterate, in a war game isn't that the only thing that matters? Statistics? That's what you guys are grabbing about, how many members you have taken out, which, correct me if I am wrong, is a statistic in the making. (You haven't done a good enough job yet for it to actually be one)

DeletedUser

statistics give an impression, but don't tell the whole story, so statistics as used by both sides are nice but just tell the top of the iceberg ;)

DeletedUser

Well, 1 prediction has come true... I said that Aicy would quit Kappa within a couple of months...

and... oh... Aicy just quit Kappa...

The prediction on BS was 6-9 months

lets see how that goes...

DeletedUser

Well, 1 prediction has come true... I said that Aicy would quit Kappa within a couple of months...

I think 4-6 months ;)

DeletedUser

I think stats speak for themselves, there is also the answer to this Topic

stat2.jpg

stat3.jpg

stat1.jpg

I think Inveterate's point in his video is proven by this post.

Goes along the lines of "Our members mean nothing, Stats mean everything"

Who said a shadow never... 16.11.10 00:32 doesn't bear much relevance... at all.

For that, I got that de rep. you're the balless un-relevant de repper. Obviously you never watched the video. then again. Ignorance is bliss.

DeletedUser5061

Your new sig song is okay but History Of Violence by Belly is better.

DeletedUser7160

I skipped the past 8 pages of discussion, but I just want to post that I agree with what jpindseth stated a few pages back. BS is at the top because of aggressive recruitment of top players, not because of any particular talents of their initial "core" group. If one top player leaves the group, they just recruit another.

The big failure of -BS- is in its leadership outside of daizan. He seems to be the only one in the leadership core who really cares about the alliance, hence is aggressive recruitment of top players. But in my time there I realized rather quickly that the little leaders clique was more concerned with their reputation as badasses and their titles as ocean leaders or diplomats and their postings on the externals than with actually being good players.

The skype room is a spamfest and ego parade; there is a big issue with communication and coordination, and that all stems from leadership. Early on there were two big fails: the unsuccessful conquest attempt on DuPatron and the loss of 13thknight's city to an enemy alliance (13thknight had to quit the game and nobody from -BS- took his city... they simply left it for somebody else, a top 5 city at the time). These two embarrassing failures were due to lack of communication.

Needless to say, when many of our "leaders" began to get banned in quick succession over a period of 4 or 5 days, I began to have even bigger reservations about this crew. I thought we were supposed to be badasses who didn't need to circumvent the rules in order to prove it. I thought we weren't the kind of players who opened up a sleeper account just in case they get rimmed in week two because of their big mouths and overconfident swagger. One after another, black shadows banned; some justified, others not, but still... gives you pause.

The official reason I left -BS- was because I was too far geographically in a 3x speed world to be of any use to them as ally or them to me. The reality of the matter is I couldn't remain in an alliance where I had to follow leaders that couldn't lead. Leaders that I couldn't respect. How can I respect my leader if he's a player who doesn't really play? Many "leaders" were WAY behind in their development; it was sad to go into the skype room and hear them go "woot" about almost getting their harbour built, while you are getting ready to take your third city. How can you respect somebody like that, as a player, much less a leader? Many of these leaders simply rode the coattails and stats of the top players that they recruited, that is the bottom line.

And to me, the clincher was this: They put very heavy emphasis on forcing recruited players to quit their accounts in other worlds so that they could focus on Kappa... and then you enter the skype room and you see all these leaders not only happily yapping about stuff going on in all of their other worlds, but then you get comments like "so... who's going to Lambda?". That is an absolute slap in the face and utter disrespect to the players in Black Shadows who actually quit their other accounts so they could join this crew.

The reason I posted in the rules of C.H.U.D. that it was absolutely forbidden to post in the outside forums (that rule has now obviously been relaxed) was precisely because of the very very bad taste in my mouth left over from my -Black Shadows- experience. I defended them blindly many times here, and I shouldn't have. I overestimated the character of many of their so-called leaders.

A little clique of players playing multiple worlds but none of them with any real dedication (or at least not Kappa) riding the coattails of top players in the world. That is really all that Black Shadows is. And I challenge anybody to refute it.

If my little rant here means war there, so be it. Daizan is the only leader of black shadows I respect. Many of their players have earned my respect, but their leaders? Hardly.

DeletedUser7160

I'm sorry but theres no legitimate reason for you guys celebrating.
44 got screwed over by Calambragos and lost a hell of a lot of cities by people quitting bs and joining him... bla bla bla

1. Spell my damn name right once and for all, people.
2. I didn't screw over 44. I am not in the core. The "leaders" are (were?) in the core. I am in central 44. Leadership in 44 jumped ship and daizan asked me to take it. I declined because of geography.
3. The players I took from -BS- are players in central 44 whom you couldn't help anyway because you are too far. Some of them are players I have been with in other worlds. They would have come with me from the start. I got them into Black Shadows, and daizan knows this.
4. The other -BS- cities in my area that I took in would have become C.H.U.D. anyway, if not thru recruitment then thru conquest, because -BS- wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop us.

DeletedUser

As I said, carry on.

You keep on using your big wall of words which really are saying nothing. A month or two by now I'll be able to look back on them and chuckle about how very wrong you were.

Do you actually read any of it? If you did you would see I was actually being quite generous towards BS. Not once did I definitively state they would fail.

DeletedUser

Awww....and here I thought I was one of your favorites Cal :( </3

DeletedUser

Do you actually read any of it? If you did you would see I was actually being quite generous towards BS. Not once did I definitively state they would fail.

Not definitively no, you just said 99% of the time pre-mades fail. After that you decided to do your best to make sure you were not wrong.

DeletedUser

1. Spell my damn name right once and for all, people.
2. I didn't screw over 44. I am not in the core. The "leaders" are (were?) in the core. I am in central 44. Leadership in 44 jumped ship and daizan asked me to take it. I declined because of geography.
3. The players I took from -BS- are players in central 44 whom you couldn't help anyway because you are too far. Some of them are players I have been with in other worlds. They would have come with me from the start. I got them into Black Shadows, and daizan knows this.
4. The other -BS- cities in my area that I took in would have become C.H.U.D. anyway, if not thru recruitment then thru conquest, because -BS- wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop us.

About sums it up. I liked being in BS, I have alot of respect for many of their players as they are world class, but many leaders were useless and recruitment in 44 was stagnant. No point in being in an alliance that takes 11 hours travel to break my 8 hour siege. I had essentially become surrounded by enemies the alliance had made.

I left on my own without being recruited by someone else for reasons I would assume any experienced player would understand.

Aicy

Strategos

I believe I stayed in Kappa for over a couple (2) months. :p

DeletedUser

Not definitively no, you just said 99% of the time pre-mades fail. After that you decided to do your best to make sure you were not wrong.

That was my other post a while back, but yes, I never definitively stated BS would fail. But my point was still there. The fact that Aicy cannot say that all predictions made were false and he can now laugh in our faces because of it. Clearly not all of them have come true so far, but to be as obnoxious to say that he can laugh at all the people who said BS would fail is just moronic.

In fact, he's laughing at players, but I don't actually see Aicy playing this world anymore - so in fact, he himself has failed.

Not to blame it all on Aicy, he is not the only one who has stated that everyone was wrong when they said BS would fail, he is just an example I noticed.

DeletedUser6156

fingolfin was also cleared when saiyankid was taken, and he was removed just before saiyankid... just after he was cleared... hmmm...

Actually i chose to leave the alliance so did Saiyankid unforunately grepostats doesnt tell you the manner of peoples leaving ;) so have the facts next time

Saiyankid has left the alliance. on 11/14/10 at 4:10 PM
fingolfin has left the alliance. on 11/13/10 at 10:34 PM

Last edited by a moderator: