Stuff In Grepolis I Hate...

DeletedUser

I hate when people down rep me in another language lol ;)

Alguien que sepa hacer polvorones de cacahuate?? URGEEE!

Lol another down rep in spanish makes no sense.

"Finally someone who knows to make penut butter bread" URGEE!
Or something along those lines, Lol though love that downrep the first one to make no sense!

DeletedUser

i hate when a novice tried his best against an experienced guy, and the experienced guy refused to appreciate his efforts. and if by chance the novice gained a city from that guy those who blame it on stuffs like Grepo timer or real life are the worst. why dont you accept your own mistake.

DeletedUser

yep, ppl constantly blaming RL is annoying, we all have real lives so it's almost part of the game :p

DeletedUser

1) The 2.0 graphics, as they give me migraines. :eek: (They're very good aside from that. Quality is not my point... just the way my brain reacts to them.)

2) Not being able to choose precise locations to start in. Yes, I know lots of folks will say that being spawned in a certain direction is more than enough. I, however, find it obnoxious to have to start amongst players who often have had months as a head start. More than likely, as soon as my city grows to a sufficient size, the sharks will smell blood. At the very least, we should be able to restart even if BP is still active. Just my tuppence.

3) Players who always downplay RL 'excuses'. Look, this game's most important 'skill' is being able to consistently spend many hours weekly playing it. 21 hours of weekly play, coupled with a small investment in premium, will provide MANY advantages over the 12 hour per week player. Is this fair? Of course it is... but people have a right to prioritise their free-time, and find more worthwhile ways to spend it than much of what they feel Grepo-life entails. Not everyone who plays Grepolis is an obsessive addict, and this is often the difference between 7 cities in 3 months, and 20 cities over the same period of time. Pointing this out is not an 'excuse', but an explanation.

4) The simple fact that the Grepolis is based as much on internet personality as it is on time investment and skill. IMO, the average long-time player understands that online 'social relationships' are as integral to enjoyment of this game as is conquering cities. This is just a simple fact of the nature of this game.... talking about it as fun if not more fun than actually playing it. Some have no problem with this, but I find it to be a massive fault of the inherent quality of the 'product' here.

5) The fact that many of you just don't know how to step away from this game. Imagine how much time of your life you've wasted by acquiring points, be they city points or battle. :p

Now, although the above are mostly tongue-in-cheek, my ULTIMATE Grepolis pet peeve/hate:

6) The 'Grepolis is a war game' and 'this is not Sim City... stop simming' mantras.

Grepolis is just as much efficient resource production/management as it is war as it is social interaction. All three of these facets MAKE this game what it is. For me, the key is balance, and not emphasising one significantly over the others. But what does it mean to be a war game? Does it mean attacking someone every week? Does it mean hundreds of daily attacks? What is the criterion, and who has decided this for me, and tells me how I should find this game to be fun?

Those who are obsessed with simming are after city points, and those who are obsessed with war are after battle points. Both are merely ways to get... status! In my experience, saying 'this is a war game' merely means 'this is a status game...' and 'everything I'm doing is because I want to increase the way others perceive me'. This leads us back to RL excuses... if you're so busy/happy in RL, then why are you so interested in your status on a free browser game? Why do you work so hard to make your user name have more personality and precedence? Hmmmm? Don't blame us if we assume you are an insecure person.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

De-rep you more and your account will be suspended.

DeletedUser

i hate when people rep me based on my sig and/or avatar. rep lawpaok for making it, i'm just wearing it!

DeletedUser

i hate it when, no offense, people weaker(or higher) attack you then say their the best and brag off about how good they are and INSULT you even when you beat them....

DeletedUser

I hate the fallow:
1.Kurb.2.Masterity.3.Morale.4.New farming system.5.The ones who derep without sign it.6.Police(oops,wrong section of life).7.Spies.8.Be banned bcoz of my name or bcoz of my mouth.9.175 points accounts.10.Turtles.11.Starting to like peoples who i knew bcoz of Grepo and after they quit not speaking with them(examples R.O.L. and Bhurnae)....and i think i could find few things but i guess its enough.
ps.Daizan will be in top 3 if he let in Undefined.

DeletedUser

I hate the fallow:
1.Kurb.2.Masterity.3.Morale.4.New farming system.5.The ones who derep without sign it.6.Police(oops,wrong section of life).7.Spies.8.Be banned bcoz of my name or bcoz of my mouth.9.175 points accounts.10.Turtles.11.Starting to like peoples who i knew bcoz of Grepo and after they quit not speaking with them(examples R.O.L. and Bhurnae)....and i think i could find few things but i guess its enough.
ps.Daizan will be in top 3 if he let in Undefined.
Why do you hate turtles?

DeletedUser

You will see when your troops will be smash ed into a city with 25 lev of wall and tower+few kilos of deff land troops.

DeletedUser

I hate alliances that attack others while there is a pact with them, and I hate alliances that have to many pacts.

DeletedUser

I hate it when I have enough resources to build lots of troops, but don't have enough pop to make em. I also hate inactives. They waste at least half the room in the world! I also dislike people who attack with biremes.

DeletedUser

There is a lot of hate in this thread :p.

I don't like the fact that I never seem to have enough resources :)

DeletedUser

I hate it when I have enough resources to build lots of troops, but don't have enough pop to make em. I also hate inactives. They waste at least half the room in the world! I also dislike people who attack with biremes.

I agree with all of the above except I like people who attacks with biremes,they give you free BPs. ;)

DeletedUser

I hate people who cheat and then blame me! lol "It's your fault I got caught!".. wow! and I came around your house too and created 5 accounts in your name with a different number on the end ;) lol

"I'm sorry I got caught, not sorry I did it" :p