1.0 worlds will be upgraded on...: discussion thread

DeletedUser

Since 1.26 worlds are being upgraded, will those worlds be recommended for new players to join? It would be nice to see some new faces in those worlds, but it wouldn't make sense since those worlds are starting out in the Wonder Era or whatever it is called.

DeletedUser4013

so a alliance that fully built a wonder, but then lost only one city could still have that wonder completely finished?

Correct, that alliance will still have that Wonder.

Since 1.26 worlds are being upgraded, will those worlds be recommended for new players to join? It would be nice to see some new faces in those worlds, but it wouldn't make sense since those worlds are starting out in the Wonder Era or whatever it is called.

Well the biggest draw for the upgraded Worlds is that the players will not have to wait for the requirements for the Wonders to be met as they will already be able to build the Wonders. This means that they will enter the Hero Worlds much quicker than the majority of the 2.0 Worlds.

DeletedUser

Heres another question about the upgrade, I am hearing that we can now get BP for supporting our mates, is that true?

Also If an alliance wins the end-game, does the academy of winning alliance get any the same perks?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It will be good to see if the people who say I will quit if 2.0 is brought in it be interesting to see if they do quit I say it rubbish and they won't quit!!

DeletedUser20524

Won't this mean that the big alliances like Grepothugs or Route de la mort will immediately build all world wonders which will end the game for all of us, I don't really agree with that, there are the 80,000,000 point alliances that will just win straight away as all of their members have like 20 islands to themselves, we should get 6 months before world wonders, treat it like a new 2.0 world but keep our cities and points, that way it's not predetermined that they will win.

DeletedUser18132

Why? They fought for it and they deserve to have the reward. There are other ways to get into a Hero World, you know.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I thought the alliance that wins got a higher favor cap, 550 or something. Or is that just for the group that builds all 7 and not just 4?

DeletedUser

I had another question. I donno if people have asked this but as soon as the update of 2.0 is done on these servers can an alliance start building wonders or they have to wait for atleast 9 months or total of 250 million points from top 50 alliance?

DeletedUser

All requirements for World Wonders must be fulfilled. The 6 months (not 9!) requirement will already be fulfilled by all old worlds, the other ones maybe, maybe not.

DeletedUser4013

The Wonder would be completely destroyed and all levels lost. If the alliance only loses one city, the Wonder would remain intact if it is completed to level 10.

EDIT: I have been told that Level 10 Wonders will be dropped down to Level 9. This would allow any other alliances building that Wonder to complete theirs, unless the alliance manages to re-capture their town and rebuild the last level.

DeletedUser

That seems fair thinking that the other option is complete loss of Millions of Resources

DeletedUser

Losing a level is losing millions of resources. It cost a total of nearly 100,000,000 resources to build the tenth level.

DeletedUser8790

Because the choice was already there. If you liked 2.0 you could play it, if you preferred 1.x you could play that.

Now if you don't like 2.0 you have no choice but to quit.

And what of us who have been waiting for this upgrade from the the onset of 2.0? It was always promised to the 1.26 worlds, A lot of us have been waiting for the moment of upgrade, The choice was made long ago or we would have moved to 2.0 and not spent our time working on 1.26 worlds if they were never to be upgraded. The vote was a red herring.

DeletedUser

EDIT: I have been told that Level 10 Wonders will be dropped down to Level 9. This would allow any other alliances building that Wonder to complete theirs, unless the alliance manages to re-capture their town and rebuild the last level.

:heh: sigh, the goalposts keep moving. Days away from the update and the devs keep making it up as they go along. Does anyone think this update will be pulled off smoothly? I feel sorry for our poor Mods, I dont blame them for having the wrong information, i blame the big chief muckety mucks at Inno for a poorly thoughout implementation.

DeletedUser4013

Sadly, it was misinformation on my part as the original question I had asked was lost in translation. In a way, this adds to the scope of gameplay and strategy that can be used.

DeletedUser

another question, Say alliance A Has completed 2 WW, alliance B has also completed 2 WW, and alliance C has 3 WW. Can alliance C still build four WW and win or does Alliance C need to destroy one of the WW from either Alliance A or B?

DeletedUser

There are only 7 wonders. They could build a fourth wonder up to level 9, but would have to damage or destroy the existing wonder before they can start the tenth level.