Security Captcha

DeletedUser30767

Just one thing they have done good is put it in a form of report , so that my chrome instantly shows me i have a report incoming..

I first got it today ... and immediately understood its got something to do with bots ... Good step by IG ...

However, i do hope that for color blind people's(i may not be one, but i can understand their pain) sake ... They fix it ASAP and intoduce audio or other measures..

DeletedUser14283

I only ever receive them when i send mass mails. Otherwise my game hasnt been hindered at all by them. They are a good idea to stop bot players which are extremely annoying because then it makes the game unfair. I mean having to put in the odd CAPTCHA... is it really that big a deal?

I completely understand for colour blind people and that is being addressed i think i read, but in all seriousness i'd rather input a CAPTCHA than end up having to deal with people with bots.

DeletedUser

I think 5-6 times per day is a total exaggeration if I am honest. I also would not agree with the comment they need to be reduced, if anything they frequency should be increased in my honest opinion.

I disagree. I have had to answer just today 5 Captchas and i have been playing for 5 hours. it does seem to run about 1 per hour though if that makes you feel better but 24 in a 24 hour period would be a bit extreme if you have to keep inputting them when you leave your screen up.

DeletedUser

I disagree. I have had to answer just today 5 Captchas and i have been playing for 5 hours. it does seem to run about 1 per hour though if that makes you feel better but 24 in a 24 hour period would be a bit extreme if you have to keep inputting them when you leave your screen up.

Me thinks it's an exaggeration station up in this piece!

Look, this is not abnormal to have to input a CAPTCHA to stop botting. It's caught me not looking a time or two, and I've missed some resource production. But come the hey on - that's worth not having worlds full of botters! I've played those games, and they're terrible. Everyone just put on your big girl panties and play the stinking game.

DeletedUser

Me thinks it's an exaggeration station up in this piece!

Look, this is not abnormal to have to input a CAPTCHA to stop botting. It's caught me not looking a time or two, and I've missed some resource production. But come the hey on - that's worth not having worlds full of botters! I've played those games, and they're terrible. Everyone just put on your big girl panties and play the stinking game.

I agree but I still stand by that it asks for it more times than not.

DeletedUser

My initial response should be considered the bottom line, and the official one. If you are away from your desk, you can not answer the CAPTCHA. When you return, simply do so, and continue playing. Nothing else to it.

Is it true it stops resource production and/or troop building while it is waiting to be answered? I also have grepolis open during the day at work but in the background and for a multitude of reasons I may not look at it for 3-4 hours at a time. If it simply means I have to enter it to 'unlock' the screen then I don't mind but if it 'halts' your game while it waits for a response then I have a big problem with that. Constantly closing and opening browser windows isn't something I would want to do.

DeletedUser

It is not true, no.

Is it true it freezes any on-going revolts... halts BP Victory Celebrations... stunts your growth... promotes gingervitis... gives your cat mange... and makes your mom cry at night after you go to bed???

Richard

Strategos
It has been known to cause narcolepsy, but that's all we've had reported so far. We will keep you appraised of any further side effects.

DeletedUser

:D

I take it then... the non-Rooster answer is:

It doe NOT effect ANY current existing in-game actions.... including on-going resource or unit production... or inprogress attacks, troop movement, sieges, or spies. ALL activities already underway continue on as normal.

All it DOES stop.... is any NEW actions from being started until you answer the "challenge".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12667

I suppose I should chime in here.... and lodge a serious complaint with Innogames management.

I can't even begin to tell you how sick & tired I am of this....

Do you people REALIZE how ridiculously slow my toaster has been lately???

I mean... all I want to do is enjoy a couple pieces of toast with my coffee... but NOOoooo!!!

Apparently that's TOO much to ask for. We're living mostly in the 21st century and proper toast is beyond our grasp.

Seriously... I wait and I wait and I wait.... and when the toaster finally DOES pop up... the friggen toast isn't even brown... its a light tan at best.

So I have to start all over again... and by the time the toast finally is toast... my coffee is luke warm... at BEST.

And I'd really like to know WHAT you "people" plan on doing about it, because I am just about done with the whole thing....

I MEAN it. :Angry:

And I thought I was being obcessive in my toaster issues. Man it is great to see that I am not the only one who deals with the toast issue almost daily. I try to talk to my wife about the problem, but she just gets super perterbed and starts fussin about who know what. I am like umm so do we need a new toaster, and she is like did you know that the man who ran out and. Umm I really dont know what he did cause I lost interest in what she was saying.

But I am working on having my wife wake up a bit early to toast my toast so it is ready with my coffee. It is a work in progress, but it is not going like it was when I had the idea in my head. Seems my wife doesnt appreciate how warm toast is a big deal with a fresh cup of coffee:(

I have yet to see this, but if I am gonna have to enter a code to que troops or a senate bldg or farm. I would rather have to deal with players actually cheating. Let them cheat, I dont care as long as I can enjoy my grepo time, and having to enter codes is not something I look forward to doing.

DeletedUser

this captcha thingy is annoying if you ask me. what happened to make devs put it idk. after more than 2 years of grepolis, they realized that there are bots and there's something that has to be done about it. why not put it from the very beginning eh?

DeletedUser7577

It angers me that there are people out there who just want to poke fun at those of us with a disability, call our honesty into question, or even accuse us of exaggeration.

Whilst I fully understand the need to detect bots, this method is disruptive and for me difficult to deal with.

I also suffer from colour blindness which makes it virtually impossible to read and therefore answer correctly the chapcha as the number of incorrect answers I have already given amply demonstrates.

I have to get other people to read this for me and I feel discriminated against and it is disruptive to my game. Indeed it prevents me from playing and places me at a grave disadvantage to other players. It directly leaves me unable to administer my account or deal with incoming attacks.

It is a serious offence under EU law to discriminate against those with disabilities, whether knowingly or not. This device is not compatible with mine or others disabilities, and therefore is discriminatory and thus illegal. No if's no but's, Innogames ARE breaking the law by running this captcha in the current format.

I fully support efforts to detect bots, but this way is not right and must be replaced.

DeletedUser

I have yet to see this, but if I am gonna have to enter a code to que troops or a senate bldg or farm. I would rather have to deal with players actually cheating. Let them cheat, I dont care as long as I can enjoy my grepo time, and having to enter codes is not something I look forward to doing.

I agree.... let us enjoy our game time.

Besides, the truth is... bots or no bots... lousy players will ALWAYS be lousy... only difference is a lousy player WITH a BOT is a lousy loser... not just a lousy player... which is why I gave up using bots.

I may be lousy.... but I'm NO loser.

No matter WHAT my Grandma says in her Christmas Card.

DeletedUser

Just putting this out there.

It could be that those arguing most about the captchas could be those who are indeed botting, as they are some who will naturally have the biggest problem with it.

Just food for thought, not accusing anybody.

I am so glad you brought that up! Reminds me of the old saying; "The hen that laid the egg is the hen that cackles." The fact is this: if there was no existence of botters, there would be no need for captchas. The creation of captchas is just another method of catching cheaters. I believe that instead of pointing our fingers at the Developers and Administrators and Moderators, we should place the blame where it belongs, on the C H E A T E R S. Those are the true "idiots" as you put it Boxershorts.

DeletedUser

this captcha thingy is annoying if you ask me. what happened to make devs put it idk. after more than 2 years of grepolis, they realized that there are bots and there's something that has to be done about it. why not put it from the very beginning eh?

How long have you been playing? Evidently not very long judging from your post. I've been playing from the year Grepolis was created and there has been many things added since its inception. It's called Progression. If Grepolis stayed the same then it would lose players. As time goes on, Grepolis will add even more changes. I was not happy about the upgrade to the 2.0 at that time, but now that I adjusted to it, I can't see myself playing the old version. Notice I said, "I adjusted to it". So I would advise us all to adjust to this new change and anticipate the upcoming changes because they will come. Stop whining and start winning!

Richard

Strategos
It angers me that there are people out there who just want to poke fun at those of us with a disability, call our honesty into question, or even accuse us of exaggeration.

Whilst I fully understand the need to detect bots, this method is disruptive and for me difficult to deal with.

I also suffer from colour blindness which makes it virtually impossible to read and therefore answer correctly the chapcha as the number of incorrect answers I have already given amply demonstrates.

I have to get other people to read this for me and I feel discriminated against and it is disruptive to my game. Indeed it prevents me from playing and places me at a grave disadvantage to other players. It directly leaves me unable to administer my account or deal with incoming attacks.

It is a serious offence under EU law to discriminate against those with disabilities, whether knowingly or not. This device is not compatible with mine or others disabilities, and therefore is discriminatory and thus illegal. No if's no but's, Innogames ARE breaking the law by running this captcha in the current format.

I fully support efforts to detect bots, but this way is not right and must be replaced.

Thanks for your concerns. I have, as I said, fed this back to the developers and the project managers, who are looking in to this. The last thing we want is to exclude players due to their disabilities, where possible. I would, however, ask you provide me with some backing for your claims as to the legalities of this in EU law? I only ask so I can again bring this to their attention if need be? Please can you link me to specific legislation.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser

How long have you been playing? Evidently not very long judging from your post. I've been playing from the year Grepolis was created and there has been many things added since its inception. It's called Progression. If Grepolis stayed the same then it would lose players. As time goes on, Grepolis will add even more changes. I was not happy about the upgrade to the 2.0 at that time, but now that I adjusted to it, I can't see myself playing the old version. Notice I said, "I adjusted to it". So I would advise us all to adjust to this new change and anticipate the upcoming changes because they will come. Stop whining and start winning!

While I agree with the spirit of your post... I can't help wonder if there is validity to the comparision...

Comparing the 2.0 changes (which were designed to heighten the gaming experience) to a security feature (which while effective against cheaters... is nothing but an annoyance to legit players)... is a stretch at best.

Players "adjusted" to the 2.0 system and found fun in it... because that was the point of the 2.0 software. Game enhancements.

For the captchas... there is no fun to be found... except maybe for those gamers who enjoy remedial math.

The simple truth is, Grepolian gamers just need to put up with this security feature.... or find a different game to play.

As for other changes, you are correct. The Innogames company will continue to make changes that their management team deems best for the future profit of the company.

As the players of that game... and the customers of that company... its important that we give our feedback... both positive or negative... to help the management make the best business decisions.

In the end, if the company choses a path we don't like... and creates a game we no longer enjoy... we simply need to take our gaming... and our business... elsewhere.