Security Captcha

DeletedUser

I was asked to enter captcha more than 20 times last 2 weeks

DeletedUser2627

Personally, I give less than a damn about either the captchas or the bot cheaters that they fail to catch.

I do have a problem with them popping up then not accepting a correct answer, only to send up an other one....especially when none of the subsequent new ones will accept a correct answer, effectively locking you out of the game.

Even switching browsers and restarting the game fails to reset the captchas or their ability to accept a correct answer.

I mean, how hard is it to answer 5+0??????

DeletedUser31143

I was asked to enter captcha more than 20 times last 2 weeks

You're lucky. I'm probably averaging 5 times a day. 100% of the time, I give the correct answer. On occasion, the stupid thing rejects my answer but 95%+ of the time, it accepts the answer.

HOW ABOUT REDUCING THE NUMBER OF CAPTCHAS ONCE YOU'VE ANSWERED THE STUPID THING CORRECT 10+ TIMES IN A ROW????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DeletedUser2627

Perhaps it might help if the game moderators actually have a clue about these Captchas before they go giving advice on resolving issues:
Captcha are letter case sensitive, when there is an Upper case letter, you must type it that way, same with lower case. You also might try hard refreshing your browser. To do this press Ctrl and F5 together. If this does not work please try clearing your browser cache, if neither of these steps works, please let me know. Also, try opening the game in a different browser, such as Google Chrome, which is very Grepolis friendly.

Since the particular Captchas in question are math based answers, nothing is case sensitive. And when they appear right as you enter a world, switching browsers or clearing cache does no good since you still need to enter an answer Captcha will accept as correct before it will let you play.

Please note I did not say enter a correct answer.....this was intentional since for whatever reason, Captcha isnt recognizng some answers as being correct even when they are. Or for some reason they are tossing up several Captchas right after each other....end result is the same though: it effectively locks a player out of the game til the Captcha decides to stop popping up.

DeletedUser32488

Captchas turn people away, that's a well proven fact. If this game had captchas from the start I would not play it at all. I understand they might be necessary to catch botters, but once they start to bug me every hour, I just quit.
I've got friends playing this game or I wouldn't tolerate captchas at all. They are fine for lost Gmail password when you enter it wrong 5 times. They are wrong when you have 30+ cities and have this game running 24/7 (even asleep, just never closing browser tab).

DeletedUser

Are you guys seriously still talking about this weeks after he said deal with it? Derp....derp...derp derp

DeletedUser31852

I dont mind the ones that are for when you are on too long ( a hint for me I need to stop) but the ones after 3-4 messages are SUCH A PAIN! when I started my NON premade alliance in Actium, I needed to recruit people, and not being an MRA, message them, look at their stats etc. and after 3 messages, I needed a captcha, and 9's and g's and Zand 2 look soo much a like when you are tired... It is a real pain
So please change this... so that it is every 10 messages or something... If not you are not really encouraging non premade alliances...

DeletedUser2627

Are you guys seriously still talking about this weeks after he said deal with it? Derp....derp...derp derp
Well, when the problem still persists even worse two weeks since I last posted on the issue, then one has to presume that it hasnt been looked at..

Or if it has, the gods that be at Inno simply dont think the complaints are worth considering.

DeletedUser

They have been crazy today. I get one every other action I take, no exaggeration, I have had at least 5 in the past half hour.

DeletedUser2627

@Treachery....If you have no problem accessing the game and being overrun with the captchas, of course you wouldnt care one way or another since your game is at worst minimally interrupted by a brief pop-up that goes away once you answer it.

But there are still plenty of us who are swarmed with them....and the damn things wont take the correct answer. I have been locked out of Grepolis now since 3pm MST (that is 5 and a half hours) except for the brief five minutes that the captcha finally accepted one answer then sent a new pop-up it still wont let clear.

I personally could care less about these captchas if they actually worked....but when they dont accept 3 as a answer for 10-7=? (or 15 as an answer to 12+3=? or 119 as the answer to 57+62=? or whatever other correct answer I give their math problems), then of course I am going to complain, and Inno would do well to listen.

DeletedUser

I don't know about you guys, but I have really had no issues with the captchas. Heck, I didn't have one for at least a week, maybe two. And when I do its only one or two a day.

DeletedUser

I had about 25 per day for 3 or so days after I reported Richard for spam. Perhaps it was coincidence, or maybe they can identify accounts for additional checks. If it was me with the power to make people have to do it more then I would certainly have all of you whiners pegged to answer 179 per day for all of eternity. It doesn't bother me, not because I don't have to do it like everyone else because I'm a magical unicorn, but because I don't cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Treachery, I do not cheat either, but I do play the game seriously. When you MUST time a snipe for a CS or LS with your alliance to break a SIEGE, and that stupid captcha pops up and causes you to lose your timing and/or your city because of it, then something is DEFINITELY wrong. We have had this happen REPEATEDLY in our alliance. If you DO NOT time, then no, it is not a problem. Most of us are not noobs, though, and depend on timing to play the game.

There MUST be some other alternative to this captcha. I know that it has been so interruptive to my game play, that I am considering just handling over my cities and quitting. It is too frustrating and aggrivating. And these "multi" captchas that pop up 3, 4, 5 times an hour when you are in the middle of a battle, almost seem to be "manipulated" to purposely side with the "mod" alliance we are fighting.

With all the technical people running this game, there HAS to be a more fair system than the captcha. And there has to be a way to "limit" it and to not have it "accidentally" cause alliances to LOSE cities. Maybe it should be able to check the Attack Planner FIRST so that it won't "popup" and repeatedly and continually mess up our timings for attacks, support, or breaking sieges.

DeletedUser

I know a way to not lose cities play hyporborea lol

when life hands you lemos make lemonade use the captchas to your advantage disrupt other peoples timing with them

DeletedUser

Some of us may have our game play so continually interrupted that we may have no choice but to find another game. I hope Grepolis fixes this problem or finds another alternative, but if they do not, then it will make the game play too miserable for the honest players. We will have no choice but to find another game. There must be another alternative that does not interfere with the honest players who play this game. 3, 4, 5 popups in one hour make it impossible to even try to plan around it. And it has cost us cities that we would not have lost otherwise...and more than once. When you are at war in this game and holding down two fronts, that is a major problem.

DeletedUser12667

The system is fair, it stops players cheating and I would say rather successfully. I can see the system disappearing fast so my advice is get use to the way it works.
You know the system may be fair, but if I have to suffer in my game play just because there may be a few cheaters in my world I would rather let them cheat.

Sorry I am going to be blunt hear.

And I think I will also. I am an honest player who chooses to follow the rules, but now I am having to answer some stupid math question and to add to it the numbers are hard to read so I end up having to do it more than once. I say let the cheaters cheat, I really dont care cause nowadays with all the gold cuts or other gold advantages it really is no longer a game like it was when I started a couple yrs ago where activity was the key to being on top. And the cheaters will find a way to cheat even with the new captcha that we have to deal with. So the loosers here are the honest players who not only have to deal with all the gold cuts that are now added, but also we have to enter a code so we can play while the cheaters laugh as they find a way around the captche thing:( So to be blunt, I will say the security thing is a waste of time cause the cheaters will find a way around it and who is left to suffer? I will answer my question now, it is the honest players.

DeletedUser

Sorry I am going to be blunt hear. "I had about 25 per day" is an out and out lie. If you insist on jumping on the band wagon at least try and make it believable.

Good job with Athena's Records, nub. You have no idea how many I had, and I'm saying the bandwagon is stupid if you were literate enough to read the entire post.

DeletedUser

Oh good! You can see that you're wrong. Feel free to check the three days following this post. Please, please feel free to post the results of your findings here.

Did I not sign my rep comment?
Addendum to whatever I put: ~Treach

You can't even comprehend what my point was about the CAPTCHA, so I worry very little about my credibility with the likes of you.

Richard

Strategos
Can this not become a flaming match between the two of you, please? I have no issues closing this thread if constructive conversations can not happen here.

Treachery, please allow me to check your account. The bot should not be checking you 25 times in a day, so if it is, I will need to further investigate the issue. What was the account name and world the bot check was occurring that often for you, please? I have no intention of publicising my findings, and I wont authorise other mods to do so, but more than once an hour doesn't seem right..