100 Gold server block ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Another analogy-
If you said that your birthday gift to me was £10 and it was in a jar, i went a looked in the jar and saw that there was my £10, but there was also a whole load of other £10 notes and I then took loads of them, exploiting the fact that you didn't forsee doing that, that would be wrong and i could't complain if you took it all back, including the original £10 that you had intended to give.
Do you not agree?

in a word no. I would give you the £10 in your hand and wish you a happy birthday, if I told you your present was in the jar and go get it (none of use knew what the 24th gift was untill we opened it) and you emptied the jar then I would have to let it go because it's MY mistake, I should have made it clear that only 1 £10 was for you! :supermad:

DeletedUser

I had a lot more taken from me than I took. A lot. And I'm willing to say now I have no doubt that Inno will not honor that.

DeletedUser29371

See now Inno is taking gold and what now you have to AGAIN take time to complain if they too to much....

bastards!

DeletedUser

Yea well no use complaining, we all know Inno are Bull anyways, no one will get there honest gold back. Inno will make up some story explaining why they took it as well, and how they are entitled to blah blah blah :(

DeletedUser

It was their gift to give, and theirs to take away.
This was posted quite a ways back, but caught my eye. Try to do this in real life and use this argument in a court of law and you will lose. Once a gift is given, it immediately becomes the property of the recipient and thus is NOT "theirs (the givers) to take away."

That said, we all know that we have no real influence on what Innogames will do, and thus the only choice we have is whether we continue to play Grepolis. I encourage everyone to submit an official in-game support ticket to complain about this, and then make your choice to play or not.

DeletedUser

Poor innogames another thought out design and their solution is

''hey! lets block EVERYONE joining anything at all''

CONGRATULATIONS design team, streak 234234e23423423424

:D

If Innogames will have any ideas of RETAKING the gold back from players they have another thing coming though! mass exodus!

This.

DeletedUser30281

Mass exodus it is. Now to for the consciousness-raising.

Milos21

Phrourach
This was posted quite a ways back, but caught my eye. Try to do this in real life and use this argument in a court of law and you will lose. Once a gift is given, it immediately becomes the property of the recipient and thus is NOT "theirs (the givers) to take away."

That said, we all know that we have no real influence on what Innogames will do, and thus the only choice we have is whether we continue to play Grepolis. I encourage everyone to submit an official in-game support ticket to complain about this, and then make your choice to play or not.

Nothing to add really.

DeletedUser

this is a load of bs they have pushed us too far.
im out if this is not ammended.
thanks for nothing inno

DeletedUser

Well I'll be leaving soon anyway to head over to US Grepolis. However, if they decide to take my gold then I will ghost all my accounts.

Milos21

Phrourach
At no point did I say this was a programming error, or a bug. The fact that Innogames developed the 100 gold gift without seeing it could be exploited does not inherently legitimise the fact it was subsequently exploited. Players who chose to exploit the gift have had the gold removed, by Innogames. It was their gift to give, and theirs to take away. The players in question did not purchase this gold, ergo, they have no right to it, legal or otherwise. I do, however, agree that players should have been notified if the gold was being deducted. For that, I do apologise.
The game does not have a notification system for when gold is removed, otherwise, each and every time you spent, you would be notified.

EDIT:
If anyone feels they have had more gold deducted than they exploited, please submit a ticket. Thanks.

You stated this was a bug 30 posts later. So, is it a programmers error or not? I would say this was an oversight of the person who designed the advent calendar this year, this has nothing to do with programmers.

DeletedUser

My Step son asked me to come on to this forum to complain as he said you guys have taken money from my Step Son? I allow my Step Son to use my Credit Card and allow him to buy a certain amount of this gold feature he requests every month as he plays this game and enjoys it I allow him to buy this "gold". He came home from school and said a large amount of the gold used to play his game has been taken away. He told me that he got free gold from a mistake the creators of this game made and that they have taken the gold from the account what was gained for free and then took a large amount which was purchased via my credit card. Now I am out raged about the theft that has taken place, the makers of the game have no right to steel this gold what I paid for so my Step son can play his game, and reading through this thread and reading that it won't be replaced is a complete and utter discrase. Now, I don't drive around the city working as a cab driver every night to be scammed by a game company. I work hard for my money and if I treat my Step Son with some pocket money what he chooses to use on this game I don't expect it to be stolen. I've thread through the thread and seen that there was nothing saying you couldn't do this "free gold per server sign up" and regardless taking the gold I paid for is not on. My son will not be playing this game no more as I am not paying for the gold to play and I will receive my money back and then some as I am going to speak to my brother inlaw who is a solicitor for a top firm in the United Kingdom. I will be taking this further and I push others who are in the same predicament as me to do so. Thanks for reading and I hope people join me in taking action as something needs to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milos21

Phrourach
At no point have I referred to this as a bug.

Yes, no, yes. None of this negates the fact the gesture was exploited. None of it negates Innogames' right to remove the gold if they feel it should not have been abused as it was, so they did. It is their gesture, and theirs to remove.

Also, to clarify, Innogames did actually plug the exploit in the Olympics, by capping the resource buying.
The quote you just quoted was not a quote from this thread, and was not said in response to you whatsoever, you have the wrong end of the stick. To address your points, I do not need to score brownie points with my employer. I care about this community, and its members, and I show this day in and day out with dedication. That doesn't mean, however, that I have to agree with every opinion and complaint made by players. I have not been negative at any point in this thread, I am merely stating facts.

The guy asked:
1. Is this PROGRAMMER/DESIGNER mistake ? YES or NO?

2. Is this AGAINST THE RULES since it was NOT A BUG? YES or NO?

3. DID PROGRAMMERS /DESIGNERS or simply IG NOT KNOW for 100 years now that WE CAN ENTER XY worlds at once? YES OR NO?

Last edited:

Richard

Strategos
I still did not technically refer to this as a bug, I referred to it as an exploit. My statement stands on its own as truth, the exploitation of bugs is clearly outlined in our rules as a breach.

DeletedUser

My Step son asked me to come on to this forum to complain as he said you guys have taken money from my Step Son? I allow my Step Son to use my Credit Card and allow him to buy a certain amount of this gold feature he requests every month as he plays this game and enjoys it I allow him to buy this "gold". He came home from school and said a large amount of the gold used to play his game has been taken away. He told me that he got free gold from a mistake the creators of this game made and that they have taken the gold from the account what was gained for free and then took a large amount which was purchased via my credit card. Now I am out raged about the theft that has taken place, the makers of the game have no right to steel this gold what I paid for so my Step son can play his game, and reading through this thread and reading that it won't be replaced is a complete and utter discrase. Now, I don't drive around the city working as a cab driver every night to be scammed by a game company. I work hard for my money and if I treat my Step Son with some pocket money what he chooses to use on this game I don't expect it to be stolen. I've thread through the thread and seen that there was nothing saying you couldn't do this "free gold per server sign up" and regardless taking the gold I paid for is not on. My son will not be playing this game no more as I am not paying for the gold to play and I will receive my money back and then some as I am going to speak to my brother inlaw who is a solicitor for a top firm in the United Kingdom. I will be taking this further and I push others who are in the same predicament as me to do so. Thanks for reading and I hope people join me in taking action as something needs to be done.
At no point did anyone say that gold that was rightfully purchased (and then wrongfully taken by IG) would not be returned. Only gold that was taken for free should have been taken.
If extra gold was taken then your son needs to submit a ticket and get it resolved that way.

Milos21

Phrourach
I still did not technically refer to this as a bug, I refereed to it as an exploit. My statement stands on its own as truth, the exploitation of bugs is clearly outlined in our rules as a breach.

So, is it either big or fault? Cause here is the reply I got from ingame mod:

I would refer you to the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you registered to play Grepolis, in paticular item 10.2

Sincerely,

Hazel
Co-Community Manager

Link:
http://legal.innogames.de/?type=agb&game=portal&lang=en&market_id=en

I still did not technically refer to this as a bug, I referred to it as an exploit. My statement stands on its own as truth, the exploitation of bugs is clearly outlined in our rules as a breach.

term exploit is not listed in terms and conditions of use. It can be bug or fault. So, you have to be very careful when you use legal terms Richard, or dont use them at all and lets discuss if this is moral.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

At no point did anyone say that gold that was rightfully purchased (and then wrongfully taken by IG) would not be returned. Only gold that was taken for free should have been taken.
If extra gold was taken then your son needs to submit a ticket and get it resolved that way.

What is a ticket???

I will get the money back and claim compensation. The creators of this game shouldn't be exploiting children or anyone for the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.