Revolt - 1.12 update

DeletedUser

Do you realize the new system is already active on another server?

So, yes, it is possible for me to test it.

Now please lower your tone with me. I'm playing around with it and once I learn anything else new or useful, I'll make sure to let you all know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The system has only been active for two days, yes?

And you cannot test the game dynamics without real people fighting, which is the final stage of testing, not the first.

All you can do (can have done) is test the actual mechanics. That's it.

And you can't have fully explored those yet. There has not been the time.

So tell people about the mechanics of it (if you must), but don't make such sweeping statements as "It just gives the defender more of an advantage" without any way of backing it up.

You really don't know, neither do i, nor anyone else.

DeletedUser

So why isn't that possible? Considering the world speed is 3, a lot of testing can be done in only a few days. Either way, use some logic of how this game works and it's pretty self-explanatory.

I don't want to argue with you. So I'll go about my merry way and you can sit here whining about how grepolis is going to die and the world's going to end.

DeletedUser

oh for pities' sake you're just dumb.

Did i mention anything about grepolis dying?

Did i whine at all about the end of the world?

dude - anything you may say from now on i can discount as being from the mind of an idiot who has no clue about what they type.

i asked if it would be implemented on all worlds because it is not clear.

That's it.

you came after me as a result and that's the best you can do at the end of it having been soundly disproven?

You have obviously used no testing protocols at all and any testing you can have done is therefore worthless.

sad

DeletedUser5

If you are going to continue this argument, please take it to Private Messages.

DeletedUser

Now that isn't what I said.

By server, I mean one of the worlds that is in effect.

None of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, or Epsilon on .net will be affected at all by this change.

Only future worlds/servers will be affected.

I take Zeus over you -
* new revolt based conquest system
* new worlds will be set up with the new system right away
* existent worlds will adopt the changes in a couple of weeks

DeletedUser

I should have explained the new revolt system in more depth yesterday, my apologies. Please be aware that this system will only be introduced on new worlds. The current worlds will not be effected. This will come into effect on world Zeta which we intend to launch on Thursday 6th of May.

The revolt system is a slightly more complex system involving a lot of tactical elements and improves gameplay. We need to bring this in as a better balancing system for smaller players as they are effectively locked out of the game when a colonisation occurs.

Revolt will replace conquest in the academy. When a player attacks his opponent he will have the option of declaring a revolt. He raises a rebel army during the assault and then departs, as for a normal attack. The rebels attempt to gain support during the next twelve hours. After these twelve hours have passed the revolt begins. This revolt lasts another twelve hours. If the original attacker then arrives with a colony ship within the time of the revolt and wins the fight he will take the city.

During this entire period the player suffering the revolt still has full control of his city and can build regiments and buildings.

Zeus says the same thing.

DeletedUser2795

About the argument some people were having about misusing this system, just for clarification, wouldn't the player that was avoiding being conquered have to have their troops on an endless dodge to avoid hurting their team mate and would therefore mean that they could not use them to any useful extent?

DeletedUser

Sorry ac04, I have to say that I fully agree with JonnyDixon for once. The announcements are confusing to say the least. Some explicit clarification by Zeus, not second hand, is needed.

The first announcement states (my paraphrase based on my understanding of the English language) we are going to do this everywhere, but we are going to start with new worlds first, other worlds will be weeks later. The second announcement states (again my paraphrase) we are still going to do this, starting with world Zeta and the other worlds will stay as is. When I read that after having read the first announcement, I automatically add two key words to the second announcement, FOR NOW. I strongly suspect that most others do also, because as stated in the deleted JonnyDixon post, there never was an edit of the original announcement (as of this writing) nor was there every any explicit wording to state that the first announcement was incorrect within the second one.

But enough on that. This thread is supposed to be about concerns/questions on the new "improved" conquer system. So ...
1. On what rationale was the decision made to effectively cut the time a player had to rescue his village in half? How is this supposed to be better for the defender?
2. Why do the developers believe that introducing a system which can be exploited continuously is a more robust and stronger system than the current one? What precautions will be put in place to keep people from having friends trigger the revolts, thus rendering the villages unconquerable by others?
3. Wouldn't it have been better to simply tweak the old system to offer the player under seige more abilities?
4. Why was this not tested on the beta testing server prior to making the decision on the change?

Much has been said on how this is better for the smaller player. But to me it seems like just the opposite has happened. Granted that the same player who triggers the revolt must be the one who sends the colony ship. However, nothing has been done to keep others from repeatedly clearing the village during the 12 hour period that the player has to try and scrap together troops. Yes, it does give the small player 12 hours to call in support. He used to have 24 hours to call in attacks. So he has now half the time. Certainly it would be possible to stack his village with troops, placing more burden on the attacker to keep the village cleared. Problem with that is, if it is a small player, he probably is not going to have the same level of reserves to pull on than a larger player who is working in concert with his alliance. Also, he now has less time to get them there, especially if he was not online at the time when the revolt was started The end result is still going to be the same, he loses his village.

After reading all that I have here and doing a bit of experimenting with the new system too, I can only truly see one real reason for this change. Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but. It seems to be so that Innogames can bleed another helping of gold out of the small semi-active sort of player before he quits. This truly seems to be the most likely reason. I mean, if a person is going to mass use gold, it would be to build up walls and such to try and keep his village or to mass destroy it so that his conquer can only get a shell of a village 12 hours later. I wonder how much gold it would take to go from a level 0 wall to a level 25 wall in a 12 hour period of time ...

DeletedUser5

I don't get what is not clear about this.

Zeus said:
Please be aware that this system will only be introduced on new worlds. The current worlds will not be effected. This will come into effect on world Zeta which we intend to launch on Thursday 6th of May.

This taken from the second post on the announcement "Update to v1.12"

DeletedUser2795

Myself, I am trying to figure out if JD is in a personal Vendetta with Ac04, or if he actually has anything meaningful to say? I think that we do need more information till we can be sure if the exploit id really a reality.

DeletedUser809

I just wish we could get some clarification on the potential exploit that was posted. Can you or can you not have alliance members keep your city permanently in uprising mode to prevent anyone else from ever capturing it?

Oh and yes Ac04, sorry dude but there is definitely a contradiction between what you said and what Zeus announced. Either the new revolt system is being implemented first on new servers and then gradually implemented on the older servers OR it is ONLY being implemented on the new servers and the established servers will NEVER EVER have it...

DeletedUser

eclipse since your playing in a world with it (i think) can you try some things?

1. What happens when 2 different cities have sent revolt attacks? Do you have 2 different timers in the target city?

2. Can you refresh a revolt? like send a revolt attack to land now and another one to land 12 hours later? (say when something happens and you know your c-ship wont make it in time) Do you get a new timer? or time added to old one?

3. Does the city attacking see a timer on thier screen on how much time they have left before revolt becomes uprising and uprising dies down? Or do they have to go by server time?

DeletedUser

No, there is not. Did any of you read Zeus last update on it, the one a quoted to show you, the first post in this topic. That is what Zeus is saying. How do you not understand something so simple? Did almost everyone here forget how to read?

On a side note, what I would like to see done is like what TW has, release 2 worlds at once, one world conquest, one world revolt. That way everyone is happy.

DeletedUser

100% agree with numot on that one. actually both statements.....

no one read the first post of this thread?

and having both setting in different servers would be a good idea, as well if some skeptics(myself included) feel like trying the new system then there is the option still of the way it has been.

and the next worlds released may then show the amount of players that prefer one particular setting to the other

DeletedUser

The revolt system will only be introduced on the newer worlds. It will not be introduced on the older worlds. However that most likely means that we will do a final bug fix on the conquering system and once that is done we will not be offering further support for it. We can't currently support two different and complex systems for this.

This has been presented as a way to exploit the system:
  1. I research Revolt>
  2. I send a revolt attack at my friend>
  3. He dodges and Revolt Begins>
  4. He can no longer be conquered by any CS that does not belong to me for the rest of that 24 hour period>
  5. Daily Rinse and Repeat>
  6. No active player will be able to be conquered anymore.

The revolt sytem will make it somewhat more difficult to conquer an active players city from what I have tested but then again I am not that good a player so I do think that the players here will manage it easily enough! The exploit above is not valid.

A city can be subject to a number of revolts from a number of cities that can belong to any player. It would be important to try to coordinate the time for these though to make them somewhat more effective. However if I have not roused the rabble to revolt in a city my colony ship won't have any effect there!

Revolt will be an attack option like breakthrough is. It will be selectable from the attack pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The revolt system will only be introduced on the newer worlds. It will not be introduced on the older worlds. However that most likely means that we will do a final bug fix on the conquering system and once that is done we will not be offering further support for it. We can't currently support two different and complex systems for this.

This has been presented as a way to exploit the system:
  1. I research Revolt>
  2. I send a revolt attack at my friend>
  3. He dodges and Revolt Begins>
  4. He can no longer be conquered by any CS that does not belong to me for the rest of that 24 hour period>
  5. Daily Rinse and Repeat>
  6. No active player will be able to be conquered anymore.

The revolt sytem will make it somewhat more difficult to conquer an active players city from what I have tested but then again I am not that good a player so I do think that the players here will manage it easily enough!

A city can be subject to a number of revolts from a number of cities that can belong to any player. It would be important to try to coordinate the time for these though to make them somewhat more effective. However if I have not roused the rabble to revolt in a city my colony ship won't have any effect there!

Revolt will be an attack option like breakthrough is. It will be selectable from the attack pop up.

So this exploit is still valid? Doesn't that somewhat ruin this new conquering system. Has it been tested by player's second cities so that they could attack their own city and exploit this 'cheat'. This is why throwing this new system onto people was a bad idea, especially with lack of testing.

DeletedUser

So this exploit is still valid? Doesn't that somewhat ruin this new conquering system. Has it been tested by player's second cities so that they could attack their own city and exploit this 'cheat'. This is why throwing this new system onto people was a bad idea, especially with lack of testing.

You can't attack yourself, just invite your second city troops to "have a visit and warm cup of tea"