Revolt - 1.12 update

DeletedUser

It doesn't seem it'll change anything apart from the fact that the defender can still build armies and the attacker doesn't have to stare at a 12 hour countdown wondering if they'lll win.
As far as I can tell the revolt is a background occurance as you can't leave troops there to start a revolt whilst the owner is building an army. 2 opposing armies can't be in one city.
As for alliance support it's exactly the same as your allies clear the city, your behind them starting a revolt, then repeat with a CS in tow.
This just basically shifts the game to a slightly more defending style as your not attacking a CS attempt your trying to defend against one because if it hits, you're out. So yes does favor turtle slightly more and is interesting as most people find attack easier hence why everyone constantly goes on about BPA and not BPD.

DeletedUser

For those complaining, I'd just like to remind you that this will not affect current worlds and thus will not affect your current gameplay in the slightest. Now, Eclipse has written a very useful guide to explain the new system, perhaps you could discuss that here? There is a discussion thread for v1.12 that is more suitable for your thoughts about the changes.

DeletedUser

I wouls also like to remind you all that the testing world is available to you on our public beta. It would be very useful to have your opinions on changes that are coming up and the best way to get them in time is via that world.

DeletedUser

This revolt system might be easier to understand for newbies. I know that when most people learn about conquering and how you can break conquer attempt that there is a lot of confusion about whether they should attack or send support. This will make it easier, because defense will always be defense.

If it's a success at zeta, I'd like it to be implemented in old servers as well. I, unlike some others, can not handle more than 1 server. And I don't feel like leaving delta at the moment :)

DeletedUser

Hum ya... We test your products and not even a small reward for the ones who entered the public worlds? Nah thanks :D

You guys don't even care that much. Everyone is gainst the bolt feature. Even there. I saw that the cool down was proposed there. What no one expected was that when you have many villages, the cool down is really... Useless?

Funny how than one of your "administrators" comes and replies something like this:

The developers run a tight schedule, but ideas that have merit are taken into consideration.

That said, I cannot see this as being one of them. I have read all of the pros and cons of this proposed idea and I cannot see anything here that would convince the developers to scrap their idea of a bolt for this one. 61 yea votes is not compelling enough for them to revisit it.

61 of us isn't enough? I wonder how the Traffic Light Activity System was implemented then.

DeletedUser

I wouls also like to remind you all that the testing world is available to you on our public beta. It would be very useful to have your opinions on changes that are coming up and the best way to get them in time is via that world.

wierdly enough there is a grand total of 4 posts divided amongst 2 topics discussing revolt in the test forums.

When a player asked about revolt and its mechanics someone gave them a link to a thread on our forums o.0. thats extensive playtesing right there.

DeletedUser

wierdly enough there is a grand total of 4 posts divided amongst 2 topics discussing revolt in the test forums.

When a player asked about revolt and its mechanics someone gave them a link to a thread on our forums o.0. thats extensive playtesing right there.

I laughed so hard I spit my water out of my nose. Thanks.

Absolutely pathetic on the part of InnoGames. Sad to see a game with so much potential ruined by cry baby turtles.

DeletedUser

eclipse since your playing in a world with it (i think) can you try some things?

1. What happens when 2 different cities have sent revolt attacks? Do you have 2 different timers in the target city?

2. Can you refresh a revolt? like send a revolt attack to land now and another one to land 12 hours later? (say when something happens and you know your c-ship wont make it in time) Do you get a new timer? or time added to old one?

3. Does the city attacking see a timer on thier screen on how much time they have left before revolt becomes uprising and uprising dies down? Or do they have to go by server time?

I've updated the first post (at the bottom under FAQs) with answers to your 3 questions. If anyone would like me to test anything else, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Because multiple revolts can be started in the same city by different players, I'm currently trying to test if the other revolts will disappear after the city is conquered by a player or if the other revolts remain in the conquered city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I laughed so hard I spit my water out of my nose. Thanks.

Absolutely pathetic on the part of InnoGames. Sad to see a game with so much potential ruined by cry baby turtles.

thx. i aim to please :)

I've updated the first post (at the bottom under FAQs) with answers to your 3 questions. If anyone would like me to test anything else, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

thank you eclipse :) i have two more questions if you dont mind.

1. is there any type of penalty applied when you send a revolt attack? Follow up question- If there is no penalty then is there any point to attacking normally anymore? i mean why not just make a every attack a revolt attack even if you have no plans to conquer the city.

2. Lets say city #1 has 50 revolts and uprisings ongoing. Player 1 conquers it. All 49 revolts and uprising timers go away right?

DeletedUser

1. is there any type of penalty applied when you send a revolt attack? Follow up question- If there is no penalty then is there any point to attacking normally anymore? i mean why not just make a every attack a revolt attack even if you have no plans to conquer the city.

2. Lets say city #1 has 50 revolts and uprisings ongoing. Player 1 conquers it. All 49 revolts and uprising timers go away right?

I actually updated my above post saying that I'll try to test your second question.

As for your first question, I'm not aware of any penalty for revolt attacking; however I don't know for sure. Therefore, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to send every attack as a revolt attack. but revolt needs to be researched in that academy for you to be able to use it. I've asked about it in the beta forums and maybe a dev will look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well my second question was actually kind of different from the others.

my question is what happens "after" a city is conquered. Lets say thaat city had 50 active uprisings before being conquered, after changing hands and being conquered will there be 0 active uprisings left?

DeletedUser

I know. I said I'll test it ;)

Because multiple revolts can be started in the same city by different players, I'm currently trying to test if the other revolts will disappear after the city is conquered by a player or if the other revolts remain in the conquered city.

DeletedUser

sorry misunederstood. i thought u sed you did it already.

DeletedUser

I dont think they will be able to implement it on the old servers without massive outcry now. People are just too used to the old system, and you saw what the immediate reaction was to the announcement of the change. And that was from those who actually read the forums.

There are thousands of people who play this game. say at least 10k per world (although that is understating the amount massively), that means there are at least 50000 people who have signed up to play this game. most of these probably played for a day and got bored and left. say, 10% of these continue to play in some form or another. that means 5000 minimum players.

now, there is actually slightly more than 5000 people who have signed up to these forums, but you still have no idea how many of those check back regularly and how many rarely look. The forum itself says there are only 237 active members on the entire forum.

Now, even with lurkers, which i doubt is that many more, these are the people most likely to know about this. So, if you say for every active member, there are 10 lurkers, then you have 2370 people in game that know about a change upcoming. That means you still have 2630 people who do not know that such a change is coming up. Who will no doubt send bug reports and complain on the day of the change.

now, these numbers are massively understated i am sure. I am positive that there are more than 5000 active players on gamma alone, since on that server it means you have more than 3000 points. Yet the number of actives on the server does not change, as i actually got this off the forum itself. I dont know what it considers an active poster, so i cannot tell you haw accurate it is.

And before you mention all news is posted on the login screen, some of us dont look at the news, or at the login screen at all. When i leave my computer, i put it to sleep and keep all my windows open. I have perhaps seen the login screen maybe 10 times in the 4 weeks since i started playing.

to put it bluntly, it would cause massive chaos to implement a massive change to the game mechanics this late on in the current worlds. In new worlds, that is perfectly fine, although they should put a mention to current users that it is the first revolt world, and doesnt use the system many are familiar with.

DeletedUser

I dont think they will be able to implement it on the old servers without massive outcry now. People are just too used to the old system, and you saw what the immediate reaction was to the announcement of the change. And that was from those who actually read the forums.

There are thousands of people who play this game. say at least 10k per world (although that is understating the amount massively), that means there are at least 50000 people who have signed up to play this game. most of these probably played for a day and got bored and left. say, 10% of these continue to play in some form or another. that means 5000 minimum players.

now, there is actually slightly more than 5000 people who have signed up to these forums, but you still have no idea how many of those check back regularly and how many rarely look. The forum itself says there are only 237 active members on the entire forum.

Now, even with lurkers, which i doubt is that many more, these are the people most likely to know about this. So, if you say for every active member, there are 10 lurkers, then you have 2370 people in game that know about a change upcoming. That means you still have 2630 people who do not know that such a change is coming up. Who will no doubt send bug reports and complain on the day of the change.

now, these numbers are massively understated i am sure. I am positive that there are more than 5000 active players on gamma alone, since on that server it means you have more than 3000 points. Yet the number of actives on the server does not change, as i actually got this off the forum itself. I dont know what it considers an active poster, so i cannot tell you haw accurate it is.

And before you mention all news is posted on the login screen, some of us dont look at the news, or at the login screen at all. When i leave my computer, i put it to sleep and keep all my windows open. I have perhaps seen the login screen maybe 10 times in the 4 weeks since i started playing.

to put it bluntly, it would cause massive chaos to implement a massive change to the game mechanics this late on in the current worlds. In new worlds, that is perfectly fine, although they should put a mention to current users that it is the first revolt world, and doesnt use the system many are familiar with.

Do you not read? Don't answer that, we already know.

They are not implementing it in the old worlds. Only the new ones. What we are arguing is that it is even stupid to do that because this system is a major mess.

DeletedUser

i have read it all. i was replying to Tesse.

Tesse said:
If it's a success at zeta, I'd like it to be implemented in old servers as well. I, unlike some others, can not handle more than 1 server. And I don't feel like leaving delta at the moment :)

i was thus pointing out to him why that would be a monumental disaster for them to initiate.

DeletedUser2795

I want the old servers left alone, we must keep some of the current system around!

DeletedUser

I want the old servers left alone, we must keep some of the current system around!

I have a feeling after they see what a disaster this is on Zeta, they will do a lot less worlds with it. Sort of like "churches" in Tribal Wars.