Update to version 2.40 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser11965

Never used this system before so I don't care if its in or not :p

DeletedUser

Never used this system before so I don't care if its in or not :p

It isn't to do with removing a system... By limiting players to one tab per world, they will increase the performance of the game for everyone. So really, you do care if its in or not ;)

DeletedUser

Wait until the change goes through Sybil, not that many people read this forum, but when all those who suddenly find their gameply crippled feel the pain of this change, I'd expect to see a tidal wave of complaints !

If grep really want to improve server performance why dont they collate battle reports. Currently if I send 50 Supports to a large siege, and its attacked by say 200 enemy attacks, that generates 10,000 reports for me ! Why not collate these down to 1 report per enemy attack and summarise my 50 city losses so each city shows as 1 line on the report ?

DeletedUser11965

It isn't to do with removing a system... By limiting players to one tab per world, they will increase the performance of the game for everyone. So really, you do care if its in or not ;)

don't exactly see how this is gonna affect me really, Ive never open 2 tabs in my life xD, ive always time using the attack planner and countdown timer

DeletedUser20415

OMG i cant beleive this will happen, why the hell do we use multiple ... hmmmm lets see:

1. Timing attacks:

When ur in the core, ur city travel time ratio will be often very very close, so I would like to see anyone here who try to time 2 attacks//support from 2 different cities and the travel time is like 15~20 second different.

Attack planner ? are u kiding me ... that never actually work effectively, timing precisely need a fast mouth, and quick move between tabs, the antitimer is basically the page lag or the command lag, when we open 2 tabs, that increase our chances of having a great timing coz of different page//command lag.

2. Waste of Time:

Lets see I have an attack to time after 2 min, so what do i do during these 2 minutes ... watch the screen until the 2 min pass ???? ... hell no ... i open a new tab and start working on the new one, while i keep the other tab opened with a ready command for sending the attack. If i dont have multiple tab, then i will need or to waste 2 min of my life for nothing, or to risk loosing my timing chance.

3. Rebuilding:

When i have a full LS nuke dead, and i want to rebuild i send resources from all over my cities to rebuild my LS, and for that i need to monitor my warehouse so my resources dont go as wastage ... that is something that multiple tabs allow me to do. Keep one opened to monitor the city and work on other tabs.

P.S. Everyone who doesnt see a sense in what I mentioned they either didnt tried it before, or they didnt reach the game level to see how it benefit them.
I hope the dev reverse this, this is equal to HC if not more important. And for christ sake, please devs with all respect, just start playing grepolis before taking the decision of changing anything of the game.

DeletedUser11965

when you move resources, it will highlight the resources sent, i always just check the time, and copy it to notes and make the city in order, then I just work from there, not hard.

DeletedUser41373

THANK YOU; I agree with you; I dont see a lose for anyone i see a win; I really think some of you need to know more about servers and how these games work on a dev level; ya they do need to play the game to understand it; but you really have NO Idea how much effort and work every single user and every single task you ask of it; Personally i think they need to work on the servers as well; but im not here to sell them better servers, im here to kick butt in game of course :D
BUT you all getting UP in ARMS and being lazy, takes away from other things they should be concentrating on- I really think the problem is a bunch of you found a way to play and think its the ONLY way to play. OPEN YOUR EYES; find a new way and deal with it; just because the reversed the harbor spy does not mean they will reverse anything else on a whim

Last edited by a moderator:

Milos21

Phrourach
Sorry, some clarity if it isn't already clear. The feature will prevent multiple tabs for the same world. Different worlds are unaffected. I have passed your feedback to the developers, however, this isn't quite the same as the removal of the HC, this is being implemented to improve performance, and frankly, I doubt will be reverted.

Lastly, anti-timing is +10 to -10 seconds, not 12.

Richard

Richard,
This change will affect less population than removing harbor check did, we all know that. But it does not mean this change is less significant. It affects people who are devoted to Grepolis the most, long term players who seek for ultimate performances.
i am sure devs have stated their reasons, but maybe they should put more effort on making the code effective and not REDUCING features to improve performances for players who are here to stay for a month, spend 25$ and move to next browser game.

The people who are affected probably play this game for 2 or 3 years, they are Inno games loyal customers. Lag has always been there and its been better and worse.

But this is a matter if loyalty. Reconsider if you could present this to devs again. If this feature was voted, no one would vote to limit number of tabs to one, why would anyone do that. Is there any evidence to confirm the improvement in performances? Do you have results of any test to show us to confirm what devs claim.

DeletedUser18132

Richard

Wait a minute.....

The anti-timer is that little +/- 30 seconds that you see when sending support. It is essentially there to make it harder for people to always land attacks within a second of each other. It is a deliberate feature, not a bug! Your attack/support will land within 30 seconds of the time you are given, it could be 30 seconds earlier or 30 seconds later (or any in the middle!), it is really down to luck.
http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/The_Battle_System

DeletedUser38224

Sorry, some clarity if it isn't already clear. The feature will prevent multiple tabs for the same world. Different worlds are unaffected. I have passed your feedback to the developers, however, this isn't quite the same as the removal of the HC, this is being implemented to improve performance, and frankly, I doubt will be reverted.

Richard

Whew, that's really great to hear. From the way the Op was worded, it kind of sounded like it would only allow 1 tab per username("game account"), but if that's not the case, i really don't have any problems with the update. :)

DeletedUser

If grep really want to improve server performance why dont they collate battle reports. Currently if I send 50 Supports to a large siege, and its attacked by say 200 enemy attacks, that generates 10,000 reports for me ! Why not collate these down to 1 report per enemy attack and summarise my 50 city losses so each city shows as 1 line on the report ?

i agree with this suggestion completely. im not much on the attacking but i have made my bp with defense. When you are in the top alliances in a world, the slug fests hit epic levels and you get spammed with reports. as far as the multi tab issue, i have over 40 cities in Ephesus and i have never needed more than one tab to do what i needed to do.

DeletedUser31450

i agree with this suggestion completely. im not much on the attacking but i have made my bp with defense. When you are in the top alliances in a world, the slug fests hit epic levels and you get spammed with reports. as far as the multi tab issue, i have over 40 cities in Ephesus and i have never needed more than one tab to do what i needed to do.
If your not an attacker, you wouldnt need them

DeletedUser5792

All right; You people are hmmm almost entertaining in your stupidity; ITS A TAB!!!! if you really really need to overwhelm your system and Greps with multiple tabs than you are ENTIRELY way too lazy and need to learn i dont know how to drag yourselves away from the computer and go outside for a minute to get some perspective....
Yes the Devs do alot of dumb stuff; but you realize there are only like 5 people here saying how horrible this change is. I know more people who have issue with multiple tabs being open than with this change. The most cities i have ever had was in the 50s.. however i had no problem timing CORRECTLY with only one window, one tab, one browser... Granted I have admins which i believe helped as well; but I dont know anyone with that many cities who DOES NOT use admins,
in conclusion; if you are going to WHINE about something; why not WHINE how the attack planner only tells you to attack an HOUR after you needed to launch if it ever even tells you because that is something that they actually should fix especially since people are paying money for something THAT HAS NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY

I played in Delta for over three years without using admins. When the world closed I had 149 cities. (Lost three the last week.) I finished ranked 5th overall. Admins isn't needed, but dedication, a lot of mouse clicks and multiple tabs are for the same reasons mentioned previously.

Some were saying using multiple tabs is lazy. Not so. More efficient use of time? Yes.

I now am a premium player and purchase gold as needed. My game play has not changed, though, with the use of admins. I still often find the need to open a second or third tab for many reasons.

An early post here noted that many Gold users and dedicated Grepo junkies will lose this time saving option and indeed will leave. As addicted to the game as I am, this could be a deal breaker.

DeletedUser41373

I played in Delta for over three years without using admins. When the world closed I had 149 cities. (Lost three the last week.) I finished ranked 5th overall. Admins isn't needed, but dedication, a lot of mouse clicks and multiple tabs are for the same reasons mentioned previously.
Some were saying using multiple tabs is lazy. Not so. More efficient use of time? Yes.
I now am a premium player and purchase gold as needed. My game play has not changed, though, with the use of admins. I still often find the need to open a second or third tab for many reasons.
An early post here noted that many Gold users and dedicated Grepo junkies will lose this time saving option and indeed will leave. As addicted to the game as I am, this could be a deal breaker.

Congrats on being able to manage without admins; that is truly impressive
AND YES; it is LAZY; Lazy minds; a little extra brain power and no need for extra tabs; i have asked several other experienced players in my alliance and they too have never used multiple tabs.... I think you all just need to adjust; we all complain about the lag, the slowness of the servers, the downtimes, the multiple upgrades that can take awhile, etc
By eliminating the extra tabs it will eliminate some of that;
Pretty much anyone of importance has said that they WILL NOT take away this change, so while they have to be diplomatic- I do not; Either Adjust or Quit playing
There are other items that the Devs could be doing or you could be asking for them to change that would BENEFIT EVERYONE; someone suggested a single report when having multiple cities supporting another; THAT WOULD BE AWESOME; and Im still with the theory they really really need to work on the attack planner; since they WILL NOT take away this change; work on something else that they may change that everyone can agree on

DeletedUser5792

Congrats on being able to manage without admins; that is truly impressive
AND YES; it is LAZY; Lazy minds; a little extra brain power and no need for extra tabs; i have asked several other experienced players in my alliance and they too have never used multiple tabs.... I think you all just need to adjust; we all complain about the lag, the slowness of the servers, the downtimes, the multiple upgrades that can take awhile, etc
By eliminating the extra tabs it will eliminate some of that;
Pretty much anyone of importance has said that they WILL NOT take away this change, so while they have to be diplomatic- I do not; Either Adjust or Quit playing
There are other items that the Devs could be doing or you could be asking for them to change that would BENEFIT EVERYONE; someone suggested a single report when having multiple cities supporting another; THAT WOULD BE AWESOME; and Im still with the theory they really really need to work on the attack planner; since they WILL NOT take away this change; work on something else that they may change that everyone can agree on

You won't convince me that utilizing multiple tabs is in any way Lazy. Using this option is simply time saving. Even though you and your "other experienced players" haven't and don't use this now temporary option, doesn't mean that many others don't. Apparently the devs recognize that this is used quite a bit and are targeting it as the reason for game lag.

I have adjusted to many game changing options over the years, but this one is a severe mistake. Their income level will surely drop. I wonder if the devs have considered that for just a minimal improvement, just how much income will be lost.

DeletedUser38224

The multiple tab thing just isn't too big of an issue for the majority of the players. I saw someone use the harbor checks as an example. This isn't the same at all; With harbor checks, everyone needed them and there was nobody who wanted them gone, so inno got flooded with thousands of posts saying that they wanted harbor checks back.

With this, most players just don't care. It just doesn't significantly affect their life. In my opinion, i'm very happy that inno are making an effort to enhance gameplay, so thumbs up from me on that one :)

DeletedUser

I have seen many people griping about the loss of Multiple Tabs.
Personally I have used multiple tabs in the past - but it is the exception not the rule.
Harbour check - nah - take a snap shot always available and you can't accidentally lose it with a screen refresh or tab close.
Won't comment on the other uses, as everyone develops a style playing any game, and lapses into what works for them.

In my opinion the devs have decided that multiple tabs is hurting the game mainly for Server performance (nonresponsiveness issues).
So reducing the tabs to one should 1. reduce general traffic to the servers; and 2. reduce the impacts of bots running on multiple screen with many connections.

Small pain - big gain.
I also doubt the devs will back off this change - as any performance changes should be almost immediately noticeable to them.

DeletedUser23986

I can still use multiple tabs, is that exploiting bugs?

DeletedUser

hey, why only one tab is allowed to open? what will happen to those who plays in more than 1 world and wants to open each world in different tabs...or it'll be too much difficult for a player to play in more than one world

Edit: this thing already discussed:(