v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

So i have a question, who exactly suggested this? or did the devs think this up themselves? Because I'm pretty sure that no one on the english forum has suggested it with this outrage over the change, and the similar horror players on the german forum (i checked, using google translate) are experiencing seems to indicate they did not think it up.

and if one of the other languages wanted it, then surely it should be launched there first, and not on our servers.

Bingo. We've been asking this since the announcement. Who suggested this and why are we getting it if nobody did?

DeletedUser

So let me get this right...

You have not tried the revolt system. You do not fully understand how it works. Yet you still fight against it? You are taking other players words for what is, and what isn't. Do you see the flaw in your argument?

Until you have tried the new system, stop fighting it, as you have no idea what you are talking about.

You cannot say that it is going to ruin Zeta, as once again you have not tried the system. This might be the making of Zeta, but until you have tried it yourself, you have absolutely no say in whether the system is good or not.

Okay ac04 I will wait and try it out. I understand you on that point completely and I will stop arguing about it.

BUT my point about it ruining zeta is true 100% Lets look at the points

1. Many top draft players are leaving the draft which will make zeta less fun in total

2. The new revolt system gives the defender 12 hours which he/she can control their city and get support. With the rivalry between team ryan and dobby and their activness no real war can start

Also like other people I would like to know who came up with this "improvement"

DeletedUser

1.12: Does the condition that applies to the german servers apply to us as well?

So today, looking at the outrage the 1.12 revolt change has caused, i decided to actually look at what the germans were saying about it. So, using the miracle of google translate (i speak 4 german words: heil, nine, blitz, kreig), i went and had a look.

I found something interesting; they didnt seem to like it either. They didnt seem to have posted as much on it as we have, and they were much more calmer about discussing it than us english speakers, although that may be google's translator, but they still did not like it.

And so, like here, they said that they would not upload it to old worlds. But they had a condition:
Wenn das System akzeptiert und perfektioniert wurde, wird es nach einiger Zeit auf alten Welten kommen
translated, according to both google translate, and freetranslation.com, this means:

If the system was accepted and perfected, it will come after some time into old worlds world

i would like to know if this applies to us english too.

DeletedUser

That is mere speculation on thier part. Zeus has stated that the revolt system will not come onto the old servers. There was some confusion about this, but has been cleared up. This has been discussed in couple of other topics about the Revolt System.

DeletedUser

actually, i was asking zeus and the other devs this.

i think i have read all the posts about the new revolt system. and yeah, we have tried to get confirmation that it will never be applied to the old worlds. but i still want them to answer this specifically.

This was posted by the german community manager. Zeus's equivalent in other words. linky. cannot seem to directly link to the google translate page, but that is the actual page i got the info from.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A quote from Zeus in another thread.

The revolt system will only be introduced on the newer worlds. It will not be introduced on the older worlds. However that most likely means that we will do a final bug fix on the conquering system and once that is done we will not be offering further support for it. We can't currently support two different and complex systems for this.

This has been presented as a way to exploit the system:
  1. I research Revolt>
  2. I send a revolt attack at my friend>
  3. He dodges and Revolt Begins>
  4. He can no longer be conquered by any CS that does not belong to me for the rest of that 24 hour period>
  5. Daily Rinse and Repeat>
  6. No active player will be able to be conquered anymore.
The revolt sytem will make it somewhat more difficult to conquer an active players city from what I have tested but then again I am not that good a player so I do think that the players here will manage it easily enough! The exploit above is not valid.

A city can be subject to a number of revolts from a number of cities that can belong to any player. It would be important to try to coordinate the time for these though to make them somewhat more effective. However if I have not roused the rabble to revolt in a city my colony ship won't have any effect there!

Revolt will be an attack option like breakthrough is. It will be selectable from the attack pop up.

Community Manager

DeletedUser1405

While i dont agree with what ive read, i remember a similar thread in Tribal wars when Grepolis was first mentioned.
It seems as if some players are jumping the gun a bit. They have said it will be on Zeta, then simple dont play that world, it will stand out that a new world has opened and there hasnt been an exodus as usual.
Apart from the few i still think most players will give it a go just to see if they can find a way round the new Conquest procedure.

DeletedUser

wait, someone objected to this game on tribal wars?

if they did, then it is completely different circumstances. This is an entirely different game to tribal wars. What we object to here is the fact they are changing one of the most important game mechanics within the game, and one no one wants to change. Not that they are creating a new game entirely.

DeletedUser

if all of that are so dead set against this, and cant be bothered to read what people have said about not joining the world then just join and see what its all about

then if you actually have a chance to test it out before getting rimmed because of crying on the forums about it more than actually playing , you may actually be able to form an opinion

DeletedUser

Alright allow me to shed some light on this.

So let me get this right...

You have not tried the revolt system. You do not fully understand how it works. Yet you still fight against it? You are taking other players words for what is, and what isn't. Do you see the flaw in your argument?

Until you have tried the new system, stop fighting it, as you have no idea what you are talking about.

1. You don't actually have to try something to know whether it'll be good or not. We're not idiots. We can use some common sense. So, perhaps you have no idea what you're talking about.

ex: Sticking your head in an oven when it's already on is a bad idea isn't it? I doubt you had to actually try it first to get that though...

Do you see the flaw in your argument?

2. I know you're a "company man" and have to spew the "company line" but you have no clue what you're talking about. So, how about you sit down, shut up and let people say what's on their minds. Instead of attacking someone's "understanding" how about you attack the argument itself.

You cannot say that it is going to ruin Zeta, as once again you have not tried the system. This might be the making of Zeta, but until you have tried it yourself, you have absolutely no say in whether the system is good or not.

3. Yes it'll ruin Zeta for many of us that were excited about it. I'm not the only one that's opted out of Zeta, although i am the most loved :Smirk:

4. Here's my explanation:

In the old system your alliance could help you by stacking defenses in your city in the process of being conquered for the 24 hour period.

You had to of course clear a city first and that was sometimes difficult enough. As everyone knows, clearing a full pop defense city takes about 3x the amount of pop in offense units.

The good news about that was that the roles eventually switched and you were able to send in defense after the clearing with your CS.

Now.. you technically have to clear a city twice.
Once to get the revolt going and then once again to get your CS in successfully.

Since the game is skewed towards defense, this means that the attacker needs twice as many attacking troops as the defender.

We've seen stacks of defense in well organized alliances - TG, TW-S, DDW to name a few - using Zeta as an example, team Ryan has enough experienced players to be able to pull off the same deal and I'm sure team Dobby has the same amount of skills.

So as long as someone is active enough to catch it, the revolt system has now given him two chances to stack defense instead of just one.

Good luck breaking through the stacks of 1000 biremes.

Yes I understand that Alpha and the rest are to be left alone but I don't care. Neither I nor any other player asked for the revolt system. The dev team took it upon themselves to add something that they thought was wanted because of a few crybabies that wanted to play simcity.

Zeta was a very hyped up world. Mainly because myself, Dobby, Aicy, Ryan, Lev, Leg and many others that would take me 20 minutes to list were joining as premades. This would have made Zeta the most fun world thus far. Add the rumoured 3x speed world and inno had a gold mine on their hands as many people were talking about paying specifically to get ahead in Zeta, myself included.

Enter "Revolt System"; I say screw this...

And AC04... please don't patronize us again, we're not children.

DeletedUser2795

Darksunx, I will abstain until I have conquered someone with the new system

DeletedUser2795

I found something interesting; they didnt seem to like it either. They didnt seem to have posted as much on it as we have, and they were much more calmer about discussing it than us english speakers, although that may be google's translator, but they still did not like it.

I think that 'us english speakers' just are the more argumentative type

Aicy

Strategos
Meh, Ac04 doesn't play the game. So I doubt he realized the effect this has.

If he would let me (I'm not even going to ask) I could even quote him saying he sucked at Grepo. :p

Great post Darksunx, very persuasive I must say. I agree completely, and I'm now contemplating whether or not to join Zeta.

DeletedUser

Meh, Ac04 doesn't play the game. So I doubt he realized the effect this has.

If he would let me (I'm not even going to ask) I could even quote him saying he sucked at Grepo. :p

Great post Darksunx, very persuasive I must say. I agree completely, and I'm now contemplating whether or not to join Zeta.

Unfortunately, having an attention to detail, a head for numbers and being as smart as i am has it's flaws. hehehe... Hopefully Inno will listen to us and not ruin Zeta, but with only a few days left, it's doubtful.

DeletedUser

Typo? Did you mean being a smart *** has its flaws? I think so.

DeletedUser

Alright allow me to shed some light on this.

1. You don't actually have to try something to know whether it'll be good or not. We're not idiots. We can use some common sense. So, perhaps you have no idea what you're talking about.

ex: Sticking your head in an oven when it's already on is a bad idea isn't it? I doubt you had to actually try it first to get that though...

Do you see the flaw in your argument?

2. I know you're a "company man" and have to spew the "company line" but you have no clue what you're talking about. So, how about you sit down, shut up and let people say what's on their minds. Instead of attacking someone's "understanding" how about you attack the argument itself.

3. Yes it'll ruin Zeta for many of us that were excited about it. I'm not the only one that's opted out of Zeta, although i am the most loved :Smirk:

4. Here's my explanation:

In the old system your alliance could help you by stacking defenses in your city in the process of being conquered for the 24 hour period.

You had to of course clear a city first and that was sometimes difficult enough. As everyone knows, clearing a full pop defense city takes about 3x the amount of pop in offense units.

The good news about that was that the roles eventually switched and you were able to send in defense after the clearing with your CS.

Now.. you technically have to clear a city twice.
Once to get the revolt going and then once again to get your CS in successfully.

Since the game is skewed towards defense, this means that the attacker needs twice as many attacking troops as the defender.

We've seen stacks of defense in well organized alliances - TG, TW-S, DDW to name a few - using Zeta as an example, team Ryan has enough experienced players to be able to pull off the same deal and I'm sure team Dobby has the same amount of skills.

So as long as someone is active enough to catch it, the revolt system has now given him two chances to stack defense instead of just one.

Good luck breaking through the stacks of 1000 biremes.

Yes I understand that Alpha and the rest are to be left alone but I don't care. Neither I nor any other player asked for the revolt system. The dev team took it upon themselves to add something that they thought was wanted because of a few crybabies that wanted to play simcity.

Zeta was a very hyped up world. Mainly because myself, Dobby, Aicy, Ryan, Lev, Leg and many others that would take me 20 minutes to list were joining as premades. This would have made Zeta the most fun world thus far. Add the rumoured 3x speed world and inno had a gold mine on their hands as many people were talking about paying specifically to get ahead in Zeta, myself included.

Enter "Revolt System"; I say screw this...

And AC04... please don't patronize us again, we're not children.

Greatest...post...ever.

DeletedUser1405

I cant understand if you Nuke it, and it doesnt clear you can send another one then work on keeping the city undefended, sending a string of small attacks on the city just to keep it down.
If it is truly as simple as this why the complaining.

DeletedUser

Typo? Did you mean being a smart *** has its flaws? I think so.

I don't make typos or rather rarely ever make typos.
This is not one of those rarities.

Now go and play along and keep this on topic... the big boys are talking.