v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Sort of. You can stack your cities with defenders. But you can't sling back with attacking troops on conquer attempts. You can't counter-attack cities. The only strategy you've got is big stacks behind walls.

I'm not saying its fair. It's not. But it is what it is.

Agreed mate. I have spent so much time on here. Building. growing. Learning.

this is F****d up! (Go ahead Mods I really couldn't care anymore)

DeletedUser

1. Hefty. Leg wasn't simply talking to me. As you can see Aurave's post was edited. So how about you be more professional next time and don't single people out. Also that nice little threat.. I don't care who you are or what you'll do. This discussion has to be had and people will talk. I can't be responsible for what they say.

2. JKP don't get technical with the oven example. It was just an example. It's trying to say that things don't have to be tried for people to know if they're good or bad. People can use common sense and information given to figure that out on their own. What information given you ask? There's a lot of it already. People have tested the system and many of us have a pretty good idea how it'll work.

3. Aurave you're just taking everything I've said out of context. I never said clearing twice will mean fighting twice the amount of troops or that they'll magically grow an extra 2k pop. It's just another chance for the defender, in a defense skewed game, to defend again.

Anyways I'm done with this thread. I came on here to discuss why I think the new improvement wasn't really an improvement and it was simply a way for Inno to keep more of their account base. Those players that pay but can't play have gotten more of a boost. Another example of this is the Morale that they're also implementing. It's not hard to see that the complainers and criers have been heard. Yet, you had to make it this whole personal vendetta against me. Trying to make it seem like I'm fearmongering and if Darksun doesn't like it, it shouldn't happen and that no idea should be implemented if I don't like it.

You're just being a plain idiot with that and I will not debate with idiots. Simply because I'm the one that's outspoken doesn't mean that I'm the only one. So have at it.. enjoy.. I'm done posting here. When you're ready to debate points and not demean others message me. I'll come back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriously, if I were on your border, I'd start taking your cities now.

I figure one of two things happens: we take a bunch of cities and become an equal rival by the time they fix it, or they never fix it and you all quit.

DeletedUser1026

There has been a change in supporting with Mythical Units too. Someone in my alliance just pointed out we are no longer told BEFORE we send mythical units to support that it is in compatible. We are told afterwards and they are being sent back. This is costing us TIME.

(I am testing this myself right now and will have a screenshot in 30 minutes)

DeletedUser

Does anyone know for sure that when a small player attacks a big one they dont get 150% morale.

150% morale?
that sounds dangerous with that morale i have a feeling swordman that 100 swordman can somhow kill 100 swordman.....
I do believe morale is too strong or powerfull.

p.s i havn't read any other post, i havn't got the patient to :p

DeletedUser

sounds like a terrible idea. why continue to play if when you actually reach that sort of size you just keep losing troops that badly. They need to bring down the advantage the weaker defender gets if they continue with this.

sure, you could just spam troops, but then you just keep losing resources. This is supposed to be a fighting game, and that means you need to fight. If you have no reason to expand, as in to protect yourself from the larger players, then why expand at all? Currently, you want to expand as fast as possible after your forces get wiped the first time, which would probably mean, if you were so far beneath the other player, that you would buy premium in an effort to catch up. Now why bother.

And you are right, you should keep major game changing mechanics to new servers. Otherwise, you just get people complaining about it, and massive quits. Sure, introduce small changes gradually changing the system, but then there is less likely to be complaints about it because we adapt as we play.

DeletedUser

Seriously, if I were on your border, I'd start taking your cities now.

I figure one of two things happens: we take a bunch of cities and become an equal rival by the time they fix it, or they never fix it and you all quit.

They can try. But do you really think they will? i mean. regardless of this rule. were still SM. And were the same alliance we were yesterday.

They want all the good players to quit? Fine. Make money.

But you havn't made a war game, just money

DeletedUser

They can try. But do you really think they will?

I would. But I'm nuts like that and way out on the rim. It's a smart calculated risk and the best chance of ending the threat you pose to them long term in case this is a temporary window before they fix the rule.

They probably won't.

DeletedUser

Morale now active

1. when player signs up for another world
2. when player conquers a town
3. when player joins an alliance

can anyone decipher this for me?

love the bluntness of our announcements....maybe im just too tired

does this mean that signing up for another world hurts you?
using dakkar as an example, he is kickass in gamma, so does that hurt him in delta?

joining an alliance, does this hurt the mras? or elite but small alliances with big points as a whole?
like someone with a 4k polis in an ranked in the top 10 hitting a 4k on his island that has no alliance...is that what this is supposed to mean?

DeletedUser

I'm going to start demolishing all my cities.

The lower your points the better.

I don't need my resource buildings at 40.. they're useless now.. i'll bring them down to 0 if i can.. or 1..

Barracks and Shipyard to 10 or the minimum required to build certain units..
Pretty much put every single building to the minimum i can have it at without hurting production.

DeletedUser1026

I don't need my resource buildings at 40.. they're useless now.. i'll bring them down to 0 if i can.. or 1..

Pretty much put every single building to the minimum i can have it at without hurting production.

My thoughts exactly. time to demo.

ugh

DeletedUser

that the only way to counter morale.....

DeletedUser

Why bother? They done this now. If they don't revert there decision then what's to stop them making it worse again? They have a forum full of Ideas. And they bring in this ****.

DeletedUser

that the only way to counter morale.....

Yep. Morale takes points into account. So if I have a 10k city and you have a 5K city and I attack you.. i'm getting pwned. Especially if we both have the same pop for our armies.. and of course you have a wall.. and militia.. and the game is already skewed towards defense.. yay!! go me!

DeletedUser

Why bother? They done this now. If they don't revert there decision then what's to stop them making it worse again? They have a forum full of Ideas. And they bring in this ****.

They don't care what we think man... it's been bluntly stated:

The simple fact is Darksun, no matter how much you slate it, this update is being released with Zeta

DeletedUser

ya this is frickin ridiculous, its bad enough that i get a negative luck draw 90% of the time, now morale will be working against as well

are these guys even testing the game? i honestly can't understand the mentality here

DeletedUser1026

There has been a change in supporting with Mythical Units too. Someone in my alliance just pointed out we are no longer told BEFORE we send mythical units to support that it is in compatible. We are told afterwards and they are being sent back. This is costing us TIME.

(I am testing this myself right now and will have a screenshot in 30 minutes)

Well we no longer get notification BEFORE we send out support now if the Mythical Unit is the wrong type.

2505is5.png

Its not a big deal but again a change with out a clear explanation. The only thing I could find explaining this is the floowing:

now support commands containing mythological units will return if target town god has changed to an incompatible god

So this is either a bug or not correctly documented feature.

DeletedUser

Well we no longer get notification BEFORE we send out support now if the Mythical Unit is the wrong type.

2505is5.png

Its not a big deal but again a change with out a clear explanation. The only thing I could find explaining this is the floowing:

So this is either a bug or not correctly documented feature.

no that one was actually quite clear.

DeletedUser

so...another question then

for players that used to buy gold, what would be the point of even giving money to these fools who are ruining the game?

basically this means the smaller city has the distinct advantage, so why would anyone want to speed up their building process?

i suppose the advisors would help since all the buildings will be lower than (use whatever expletive you wish), but then why bother even paying or playing when it seems obvious that they don't give a rats *** about their player base

with the turtles and simmers keep it together for them? obviuosly the aggressive players are going to take a nosedive here, i already have experienced a few setbacks on regular farms

now i am actually scared to send 50 horses to a non grey banner polis for fear of being cleared by militia