2.0 Update Survey Results

DeletedUser5

Unfortunately, the Innogames employees higher up in the food chain than the mods, tend to be rather arrogant and ignorant to what will be better for the community as a whole. I really don't like saying that about anyone, let alone some of my own countrymen. But the truth is the truth, no matter how much it may offend someone, it is what it is and there isn't anything anyone can do about it but point it out and hope that someone will learn and improve.

Well, this is a pre-judged comment if ever I've seen one...

I am going to assume that you have never spoken to anyone at InnoGames that is above our mods, for any extended period of time, if at all.

Now, having spoken to them myself, on many occasions during my time as a Co-Community Manager here, I can tell you that they have had one hell of a job trying to decide how to handle updating 1.26 to 2.0. For months, they have been fighting with us community managers, who wanted the update done a long time ago, but since a decision hadn't been made as to how the update would happen, there was little they could do.

The "Innogames employees further up the food chain than the mods" had to make a decision which either way would impact one set of players. They knew that lots of players would be against the update, and they also knew that lots of players would for the update. Honestly, it was expected that the survey would return a result more like 50%:50%. This would have kept us in limbo for even longer, and delayed the update from happening. I would imagine it was a nice surprise that there was a majority decision from people voting in the survey.

I now ask you... how are they "arrogant and ignorant"?

jack116798

Phrourach
well I play on delta & epsilon & want the update . like many have said not many come on the forum & post . also I play 2 old worlds & got one vote !!. but the change might keep interest in the game for some as lets face it a lot are leaving these worlds out of boredom.

DeletedUser

well I play on delta & epsilon & want the update . like many have said not many come on the forum & post . also I play 2 old worlds & got one vote !!. but the change might keep interest in the game for some as lets face it a lot are leaving these worlds out of boredom.

Many/more will be leaving because of the 2.0 updates....

DeletedUser

This discussion is all about credibility, there are two sides here:

- Inno wanted to upgrade anyway, and tries to buy credibility by a dubious poll.
- The poll is correct and only the ones against the upgrade are moaning here.

In any way, I would recommend inno to try to obtain more credibility for this poll in any way possible. The gamers are like stakeholders of their own game, they spend considerable amounts of time (and some money) on this forum. If you want to improve the 'community' feeling, try to honor this alliance. I don't even know if 'many' will quit, because there is just more than the game format. I just feel that the situation as it is creates unnecessary distrust between inno and their players. Hence, the poll does more right than wrong?

PS: all change is difficult, cfr Facebook (lol)

DeletedUser

i think..

I think it should be done by a world basis. For example;

say Delta voted 65% yes, then it would be "upgraded"

say Pi voted 70% NO then it would stay the way the players want it

:pro:

DeletedUser12512

i was just de-repped for saying a mod de-repped me:

how do you figure that its a mod. i respect you a lot X but i think thats over an over the top assumption

for the person who did so, questioned my statement and my integrity, and asked 'how i figure it was a mod' is because Tyrion signed his de-rep in the following way:

"The troop reduction feature will not be brought in with the upgrade. That is only on Worlds Psi and onwards. Bots is an issue on all worlds regardless of version. And you can make the font larger in your browser. ~ Tyrion"

Now, for a mod to de-rep a player for commenting on his opinion of a game version is wrong in itself, especially considering the fact my comment was actually an effort to be genuine, but Tyrion didn't actually provide any sustainable answers or reasons, in fact, he didn't address the issue at all with his reason for de-repping me.

1) If troop reduction is only being implemented in new worlds, that means that it's in 2.x worlds, therefore imo a viable reason to list it as a con, whether its in hero worlds or not.

2) I have never heard of a farming bot in 1.26, and I was specificaly addressing players tendancy to use a bot for maximum resources in the 2.x version that is not ttbomk a problem in 1.26

3) By font, I can not actually increase the size of the font, I can only increase the size of non image text, but my point (even if I used the wrong word perhaps to describe it) is that the images used make everything seem smaller, and in fact looking at the little boxes that show up as reports are harder than hell for me to read on my laptop, i can only imagine how lame it must be to see them on a phone/tablet if its at all possible. The graphics are smaller, which is what I don't like. I shouldn;t have to alter my browser settings to be comfortable in one game wheeras it's fine for everything else i do/read/surf. Big goofy looking graphics with a less detailed approach was actually one of the things that I liked most about Grepolis in the first place.

The relevant portion of the original post that Tyrions de-rep was in regards to:

for the record,

My thoughts on 2.0

PROS

1) New gods

CONS

1) The graphics
2) The farming system
3) The user Interface
4) World wonders being a deterant to combat and an encouragement for turtles
5) Troop Reduction
6) Gold use advantage - too many premium player advantages in 2.x, distorts the 'skill' meter
7) Bots and cheats being used for farming
8) Feels disconnected and less of a friendly environment even in the basics like alliance communication and forum tab setup - I feel like I am in a work email or excel spreadsheet
9) Slower loading time
10) Occassionally locks up my browser and requires a restart.

Now of course, anyone is entitled to de-rep a player, and the reasons don't have to even be justified, I have no problem with that, but to de-rep a player and to use points like Tyrions in this case, which are not a suitable reason for de-repping a player based on that it was my opinion, and then to use flimsy reasons in his justification for doing so is a lower standard than I think mods should aspire too.

I think I am entitled to this opinon too, but likely it will be deleted at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you want your complaints to actually get anywhere send a properly structured and decent email to info@innogames.de.
I did that a few weeks ago and got a pretty decent response. :)
If we all do it then they'll have to respond.
T

great idea.... can you post this decent response?

this survey was not very well thought out. The outcome was predictable InnoGames made it seem like a upgrade and didn't allow full disclosure ... meaning why couldn't we see the vote results right after we voted what do they have to hide? why only 3 days to vote?

Now why didn't i care much about which way the vote went? because new players are starting out in 2.0 and don't understand the 1.26 much. Old worlds need new life and few new players are willing to try 1.26 world after starting a 2.0 world. At the same time I'm hopping people don't start quitting over the results

DeletedUser

Yeah.... obviously this was the result. Voting was unnecessary cause they already decided to change this to 2.0 !!!!

DeletedUser

Well, this is a pre-judged comment if ever I've seen one...

I am going to assume that you have never spoken to anyone at InnoGames that is above our mods, for any extended period of time, if at all.

Now, having spoken to them myself, on many occasions during my time as a Co-Community Manager here, I can tell you that they have had one hell of a job trying to decide how to handle updating 1.26 to 2.0. For months, they have been fighting with us community managers, who wanted the update done a long time ago, but since a decision hadn't been made as to how the update would happen, there was little they could do.

The "Innogames employees further up the food chain than the mods" had to make a decision which either way would impact one set of players. They knew that lots of players would be against the update, and they also knew that lots of players would for the update. Honestly, it was expected that the survey would return a result more like 50%:50%. This would have kept us in limbo for even longer, and delayed the update from happening. I would imagine it was a nice surprise that there was a majority decision from people voting in the survey.

I now ask you... how are they "arrogant and ignorant"?

I'll answer your questions with questions how's that?

Has Innogames ever done anything to the mods that have been known to abuse their power? What about the employees who are playing the game and abusing their programming abilities or whatever to make it easier for them to do better than the rest of us in game? And what about those who handle the support messages? Some of them are real jerks. My sister had started an account on Iota and she was permanently banned from Iota because they assumed I was lying when I told them that we have 4 computers hooked up to the same internet connection and not all of them are in the same room so occasionally my sister and I would end up on Iota at the same time via 2 different computers or we'd log in minutes apart on 2 different computers and we wouldn't know it. I explained this to them and yet they still banned my sister. I did exactly what I was supposed to do, I made sure my sister and I both did the shared internet connection and everything so that niether of us would get banned and my sister got banned anyway all because the assumed I was lying to them about what is actually the truth. Not to mention the fact that the people on the support mail thing have also banned my uncle from the support thing all because he had the guts to tell them to their faces that they were idiots. I'm not the only one who plays this game that thinks those higher up the food chain than the mods are arrogant and ignorant. The fact that you joined this discussion tells me that there is something different about you, but those who I've dealt with in Innogames are arrogant and ignorant which can be led back to their bosses and their bosses bosses and so and so forth. I've worked in large companies and those employees lower in the food chain always represent the thoughts and actions of the corporate suits, the CEOs, and their bosses. Its just the way the corporate world works and arrogance and ignorance stem from the greed. If Innogames really cared at all about their gamers, they would've done the survey based on each individual world, not all the 1.x worlds together. They also would've had a better survey in place where we could leave comments in regards to why we don't want the upgrade or what new features from the 2.0 worlds we would want to have upgraded in the 1.x worlds. Or they could offer a different alternative, one which lets those who want the upgrades get the upgrades while those who don't can stay in the 1.x worlds. They managed such a doorway with the Hero Worlds, so why can't they do something like that with the 1.x worlds? The fact that they haven't considered every option to keep all the gamers happy idicates ignorance and arrogance to me. Sorry, but that's just the truth of it.

DeletedUser17043

I do enjoy telling you all you're wrong :p

Has Innogames ever done anything to the mods that have been known to abuse their power?
That's when the big mods come in (co-comas etc....). Why should inno be worrying about that when they have much more important issues on their hands? Only if the top of the mods were abusing their power,then they would interfere.

What about the employees who are playing the game and abusing their programming abilities or whatever to make it easier for them to do better than the rest of us in game?
Do you have evidence of that? I doubt you do;you're just accusing like all the others here who failed to read.
If they were to do this(which is almost out of the question),I'm confident Inno wouldn't be very happy about it.

And what about those who handle the support messages? Some of them are real jerks.My sister had started an account on Iota and she was permanently banned from Iota because they assumed I was lying when I told them that we have 4 computers hooked up to the same internet connection and not all of them are in the same room so occasionally my sister and I would end up on Iota at the same time via 2 different computers or we'd log in minutes apart on 2 different computers and we wouldn't know it. I explained this to them and yet they still banned my sister. I did exactly what I was supposed to do, I made sure my sister and I both did the shared internet connection and everything so that niether of us would get banned and my sister got banned anyway all because the assumed I was lying to them about what is actually the truth. Not to mention the fact that the people on the support mail thing have also banned my uncle from the support thing all because he had the guts to tell them to their faces that they were idiots.
Wow,more mod bashing....
For starters,you're not allowed to discuss ingame bans. But anyway the mods go by hard evidence,not your statements. So they're not gonna let you and you sister play at the same time if there is none (maybe you did do the shared connection meaning potentially something went wrong,but that's life)

I'm not the only one who plays this game that thinks those higher up the food chain than the mods are arrogant and ignorant.
Course there is. But there are many who think that those people are ignorant and arrogant(I being one of them).

I've worked in large companies and those employees lower in the food chain always represent the thoughts and actions of the corporate suits, the CEOs, and their bosses.
That's pretty obvious...they wouldn't be around long if they completely disagreed with every aspect of the company would they? Plus this is extremely off topic.

If Innogames really cared at all about their gamers, they would've done the survey based on each individual world, not all the 1.x worlds together.They also would've had a better survey in place where we could leave comments in regards to why we don't want the upgrade or what new features from the 2.0 worlds we would want to have upgraded in the 1.x worlds. Or they could offer a different alternative, one which lets those who want the upgrades get the upgrades while those who don't can stay in the 1.x worlds.
If you cared that much,maybe you should've been sensible enough to address this issue to them before the end of the survey. Most of this has already been addressed. Some of it would be far too much hassle for inno.

They managed such a doorway with the Hero Worlds, so why can't they do something like that with the 1.x worlds?
Your point doesn't even make sense. Hero worlds are a completely different concept and weren't voted on.

The fact that they haven't considered every option to keep all the gamers happy idicates ignorance and arrogance to me. Sorry, but that's just the truth of it.
There was 2 options. Upgrade or not. Maybe they didn't consider each option,but like my point before,maybe you should have addressed these points about them not being considerate before or during the survey,like telling them to make it a survey for each world before it happened or during it. But you didn't,and now your complaining about it. I see that as your mistake,not theirs:how were they to know it was to be done by each world? Poor inno are getting reports that they're being accused of boycotting or rigging the vote and not being considerate of their players. What did they do to deserve that? Nothing. They gave you a vote and you took part,and now that you're not getting your way,your taking it the wrong way. As traditional,the majority wins.

DeletedUser

Ah the old you voted and this is the result tosh.

Funny how the result is in percentages and not in actual voting numbers. Mere percentages mean absolutely diddly squat, and you would have thought a bunch of programmers would have known that. For instance, let's say there are 4000 players in the old world, you could get a 70-30% split by only 50 or so players voting, or counting 50 players votes and ignoring the other 3950 votes because you don't want to recognise them.

Now I am not saying that is what happened, merely attempting to point out that percentages on their own do not and cannot represent a result, merely the split of the result.

What would have been fairer would be to have a results page of current voting once you had entered your choice. Now I know that this isn't how elections in the real world are run, but I am not electing someone to represent me here, I'm only voting on how I would like to spend my spare time.

I have no wish to attack the powers that be at Inno, but seriously, do you see V2 as an improvement? Maybe to their revenue streams, but certainly not to the game!

DeletedUser

<<BIG SNIP>
There was 2 options. Upgrade or not. Maybe they didn't consider each option,but like my point before,maybe you should have addressed these points about them not being considerate before or during the survey,like telling them to make it a survey for each world before it happened or during it. But you didn't,and now your complaining about it. I see that as your mistake,not theirs:how were they to know it was to be done by each world? Poor inno are getting reports that they're being accused of boycotting or rigging the vote and not being considerate of their players. What did they do to deserve that? Nothing. They gave you a vote and you took part,and now that you're not getting your way,your taking it the wrong way. As traditional,the majority wins.

+ Rep for that post - probably my last + rep :)

I disagree with your belief that the vote outcome was the correct one.

However.. you are right in the following...

a) Mod Bashing is not productive THEY DON'T MAKE THE DECISIONS and are volunteers.
b) Allegations of "vote fixing" are ridiculous - I (and others) predicted the result of this poll as soon as it was announced.. OF COURSE the newer (more numerous) players will vote for it! One could debate on why 175 point non-donators should be eligible to vote... but Hey.. their game their rules!

I am now curious how many of the "nay sayers" will actually do something about the upgrade... how many will quit... how many will casually forget their objections and carry on playing and donating regardless.

I put my account in deletion mode several days ago and fired off a mail to Innogames - they never replied, which saddened me a little. Not a good way to look after customers that have dropped many Euro's into your game.

Please guys... quit complaining, and either do something about your feelings - mail Innogames and/or quit, or buckle up and get conquesting!

DeletedUser17043

To the person that -repped me without signing.
"you added nothing to the topic. you provide no evidence yourselve but ask other to ... and you where off topic"

1.I did add something to the topic-rebuttal,and a few agreed with my argument
2.I didn't need evidence,where exactly did I need evidence there?
3.I was not off topic,like I said I provided rebuttal and a few agreed with my argument.

Edit:
Ah the old you voted and this is the result tosh.

Funny how the result is in percentages and not in actual voting numbers. Mere percentages mean absolutely diddly squat, and you would have thought a bunch of programmers would have known that. For instance, let's say there are 4000 players in the old world, you could get a 70-30% split by only 50 or so players voting, or counting 50 players votes and ignoring the other 3950 votes because you don't want to recognise them.

Now I am not saying that is what happened, merely attempting to point out that percentages on their own do not and cannot represent a result, merely the split of the result.

What would have been fairer would be to have a results page of current voting once you had entered your choice. Now I know that this isn't how elections in the real world are run, but I am not electing someone to represent me here, I'm only voting on how I would like to spend my spare time.

I have no wish to attack the powers that be at Inno, but seriously, do you see V2 as an improvement? Maybe to their revenue streams, but certainly not to the game!

Em,usually I don't see pie charts with numbers....maybe for you they do,but not where I come from and not for whoever processed the results...
It wouldn't change anything other then make people go frantic and ask more questions then they would do some calculations and get even more frantic and claim the numbers are wrong....so really it would just create more hassle in the forum and wouldn't change the results at the same time.

DeletedUser

+ Rep for that post - probably my last + rep :)

I disagree with your belief that the vote outcome was the correct one.

However.. you are right in the following...

a) Mod Bashing is not productive THEY DON'T MAKE THE DECISIONS and are volunteers.
b) Allegations of "vote fixing" are ridiculous - I (and others) predicted the result of this poll as soon as it was announced.. OF COURSE the newer (more numerous) players will vote for it! One could debate on why 175 point non-donators should be eligible to vote... but Hey.. their game their rules!

I am now curious how many of the "nay sayers" will actually do something about the upgrade... how many will quit... how many will casually forget their objections and carry on playing and donating regardless.

I put my account in deletion mode several days ago and fired off a mail to Innogames - they never replied, which saddened me a little. Not a good way to look after customers that have dropped many Euro's into your game.

Please guys... quit complaining, and either do something about your feelings - mail Innogames and/or quit, or buckle up and get conquesting!

I agree 100% with you again Hericles (sad to see you go btw). I don't buy the vote in Beta. I am not saying it was a "fix", just a financial benefit for the "upgrade" for Innogames. As activity in worlds diminish, what next...following Evony's decision and merging worlds? Can't do that unless all worlds are the same. I knew the vote would be the outcome reported. It must be that outcome.

Just one thing...I could careless if a money player or non-money player voted. You need both player types for these games. If worlds consisted of "money" players only, how many players would there be? I have played in Beta for a long time. When the day comes that I log in and find anything different...I will delete never to return.

DeletedUser

I am sad to see that grepolis is turning the old worlds into the 2.0 worlds. All memories and experiences-gone. I expect peopel will leave the worlds and grepolis will be forced to stop the update

DeletedUser

reputation_neg.gif
2.0 Update Survey ResultsI removed those threads because you were telling people how to cheat on the survey, not to report it as a bug. I allowed all other threads which wanted to discuss the vote to remain.

yes, this is part of the topic because it proves that i reported it as a bug. Some people are questioning why no one complained about the survey during the survey and i did it was deleted. I posted that it was bugged. This is my proof that the mods where deleting messages and supports why i distrust the survey and do not trust the results. So please don't edit this.

Yes, i voted 5 times to test the survey but 4 canceled each other out. 2 yes, 2 no , and my personal vote.

1) i reported the survey as very bugged (so from Day #1, I didn't like the survey because it had zero security)
2) if you had more then one browser you where able to vote twice. I learn this when i wanted to reread something and signed on Firefox after voting on anther browser.
3) when i discovered is i reported it as all the rules stated i should
4) i followed the rules for reporting it as a bug, found here. It asks us to "Tell us what happens when this bug occurs, what prompts the bug to occur - include as much information about the bug as you can, so that we can address it"

personally I'm unhappy with the survey. Not the vote. personally i didn't care which way the vote went as long as it was fair. I feel the surey was not fair. for many reasons:
*(3) days to vote. didn't allow time for people to test the 2.0 severs during the vote to test the 2.0 performance on there computers. or come back from vacation.
* allowing people to vote more then once
* once you had the URL people could vote even if they did not have an account. Basically zero security over the survey.
* it was presented as a vote for individual worlds not all 1.26 worlds.
* it didn't say anything negative about 2.0 only, how great they thought it was. the survey didn't tell you what you gave up for these new features.

are you saying it's the mods that tried to push this though? doesn't the Community Manager work with the mods? That would explain they they are editing anything negative about the survey during the survey and defending the survey, dereping people instead of just allowing people to vent.

but other admins claim they had no input into this survey. you seem to suggest they did.

this post is to long for me to quote them. but, overall I'm just unhappy with the survey and the way the mods are handling this as a whole including how they are handling this topic. I've noticed they are editing things they disagree with personally but leaving equivalent messages untouched if the post supports the 2.0 system.

this sums up everything I know about the survey and why i personally do not like it. I understand the need for old worlds to be upgraded. To free up personal to make hero worlds. I just wish the survey had more security and the mods acted more professional both while the survey was being conducted and after including in this thread.

DeletedUser4013

reputation_neg.gif
2.0 Update Survey ResultsI removed those threads because you were telling people how to cheat on the survey, not to report it as a bug. I allowed all other threads which wanted to discuss the vote to remain.

yes, this is part of the topic because it proves that i reported it as a bug. Some people are questioning why no one complained about the survey during the survey and i did it was deleted. I posted that it was bugged. This is my proof that the mods where deleting messages and supports why i distrust the survey and do not trust the results. So please don't edit this.

The survey was not a part of the game, and therefore if there was a flaw with it, that does not mean that it becomes a bug. The Bugs section is for the reporting of in-game bugs only. At best, your thread was Off-Topic, and at worse Against the Community Interests. I say that last one because while you may believe that you were doing something which the community needs to hear about, you also need to realize what I and the rest of the Mods would have to deal with following that. Ok, you found that there was an issue with the security of the survey, at this point you had a few options:

1. Do nothing, no one else will figure this out.
2. Tell everyone because they deserve to know about it.
3. Tell the Mods, one of them will let either an Admin or Inno know about this

Each of these choices has a consequence. Doing nothing would have neither incited the Forums, nor would it have brought the issue to Inno's attention. Telling everyone has clearly had it's side-effects as players seem to think that the Mod team had something to do with the survey and therefore now distrust us. Telling anyone on my team or an Admin would have instantly brought this to Inno's attention as I am in regular contact with my immediate bosses, and a way to prevent this from being exploited could have been worked out and you would have had our gratitude for doing this.

Can you now see why I had all of those threads deleted?

Yes, i voted 5 times to test the survey but 4 canceled each other out. 2 yes, 2 no , and my personal vote.

1) i reported the survey as very bugged (so from Day #1, I didn't like the survey because it had zero security)
2) if you had more then one browser you where able to vote twice. I learn this when i wanted to reread something and signed on Firefox after voting on anther browser.
3) when i discovered is i reported it as all the rules stated i should
4) i followed the rules for reporting it as a bug, found here. It asks us to "Tell us what happens when this bug occurs, what prompts the bug to occur - include as much information about the bug as you can, so that we can address it"

personally I'm unhappy with the survey. Not the vote. personally i didn't care which way the vote went as long as it was fair. I feel the surey was not fair. for many reasons:
*(3) days to vote. didn't allow time for people to test the 2.0 severs during the vote to test the 2.0 performance on there computers. or come back from vacation.
* allowing people to vote more then once
* once you had the URL people could vote even if they did not have an account. Basically zero security over the survey.
* it was presented as a vote for individual worlds not all 1.26 worlds.
* it didn't say anything negative about 2.0 only, how great they thought it was. the survey didn't tell you what you gave up for these new features.

I believe that I have addressed your 1-4 points with my above comments with regards to the Reporting of Bugs. As for your displeasure with the Survey itself:

1. Voting Time - People have had over 6 months to try out a 2.0 World, why should the vote needlessly be kept open for just as much time for people to try it out again? Many of the players who are claiming that they are against the upgrade have stated that they tried 2.0 and just didn't like it. Why keep it open just so they can reaffirm this?

2. Multiple Votes - This is likely more to do with the way that Surveymonkey, or whatever the website is that hosts these surveys has things set up. I highly doubt that Inno would create a survey with these issues. Your main problems are really the failures of that third party company.

3. URL Access - Again, this is a failing on the part of the company that hosted the survey, not Inno. See point #2.

4. Presentation of Vote - I've looked at the message sent to all of the 1.26 Players regarding the vote. The first message stated that a vote would take place for players to decide whether they wanted the upgrade to the 1.26 Worlds. The second mail was asking if a player wanted to update to get all of the new features and events. It was never advertised as a World by World vote, either in-game or on the Forums.

5. Yes, 2.0 has bugs, 1.26 had bugs. That is why there are regular updates which are meant to correct those bugs. However, 1.26 Players are not losing anything. You keep your cities, troops, alliances, points, ABP and DBP, and everything else. The only changes will be instead of the game being 1.26 it will become 2.0 in the future.

are you saying it's the mods that tried to push this though? doesn't the Community Manager work with the mods? That would explain they they are editing anything negative about the survey during the survey and defending the survey, dereping people instead of just allowing people to vent.

but other admins claim they had no input into this survey. you seem to suggest they did.

What Ac04 is saying is that since the announcement of the release of 2.0, and the clamor for it to be ported to the 1.26 Worlds by the players back then, we have been trying to get an answer from Inno about when this would happen so we could let you all know. The Mod team has no actual imput in the decision making process that happens at Inno. We are told information about what will happen, not about what might happen.

this post is to long for me to quote them. but, overall I'm just unhappy with the survey and the way the mods are handling this as a whole including how they are handling this topic. I've noticed they are editing things they disagree with personally but leaving equivalent messages untouched if the post supports the 2.0 system.

this sums up everything I know about the survey and why i personally do not like it. I understand the need for old worlds to be upgraded. To free up personal to make hero worlds. I just wish the survey had more security and the mods acted more professional both while the survey was being conducted and after including in this thread.

You're unhappy with how the mods are handling this? How do you think we should be handling this? I have told the mods that I want discussion to take place, but in a civil manner and within the rules. If anything is being edited or deleted it is because it does not fall within those requirements. How about you evaluate how you, the players, have handled this. The vocal outcry has been nothing but accusations of corruption, bias, heavy-handed tactics, censorship, and the like. Take a moment to think of what you've been doing before you claim that we've handled the situation badly.

DeletedUser

If innogames really wanted to update it no matter what then why ask everyone at end day they do own grepolis so they could just say we are updating to 2.0 get over it the way most people are going on it is a big conspiricy look at gamma there is 4k worth of players they do all get a vote so say top 1000 say no and the rest say yes then yes will win and lets say an alliance was against it and made everyone vote no well they say they voted no how many would have really say no I am guessing around half in not less

DeletedUser

4. Presentation of Vote - I've looked at the message sent to all of the 1.26 Players regarding the vote. The first message stated that a vote would take place for players to decide whether they wanted the upgrade to the 1.26 Worlds. The second mail was asking if a player wanted to update to get all of the new features and events. It was never advertised as a World by World vote, either in-game or on the Forums.

We are told information about what will happen, not about what might happen.

You're unhappy with how the mods are handling this? How do you think we should be handling this? I have told the mods that I want discussion to take place, but in a civil manner and within the rules.

The vocal outcry has been nothing but accusations of corruption, bias, heavy-handed tactics, censorship, and the like. Take a moment to think of what you've been doing before you claim that we've handled the situation badly.

I think the survey was misleading, and many ignored it for that reason. Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0? How does that apply to a 1.26 world? The survey should have stated specifically that all 1.0 and all 1.26 worlds would be upgraded.

Secondly, if such a change is going ahead, why vote on it? I don't claim the vote was rigged, but an internal survey of Fate stands at 94% Against the upgrade for Eta.

If the vast majority of Eta players are against changing their 1.26 world, how is this upgrade going to make them happy? If Innogames cares for those who support them by playing Eta (and paying), then our opinions must be considered.

Regards,
Leo

DeletedUser12512

The survey was not a part of the game, and therefore if there was a flaw with it, that does not mean that it becomes a bug. The Bugs section is for the reporting of in-game bugs only. At best, your thread was Off-Topic, and at worse Against the Community Interests. I say that last one because while you may believe that you were doing something which the community needs to hear about, you also need to realize what I and the rest of the Mods would have to deal with following that. Ok, you found that there was an issue with the security of the survey, at this point you had a few options:

1. Do nothing, no one else will figure this out.
2. Tell everyone because they deserve to know about it.
3. Tell the Mods, one of them will let either an Admin or Inno know about this

Each of these choices has a consequence. Doing nothing would have neither incited the Forums, nor would it have brought the issue to Inno's attention. Telling everyone has clearly had it's side-effects as players seem to think that the Mod team had something to do with the survey and therefore now distrust us. Telling anyone on my team or an Admin would have instantly brought this to Inno's attention as I am in regular contact with my immediate bosses, and a way to prevent this from being exploited could have been worked out and you would have had our gratitude for doing this.

Can you now see why I had all of those threads deleted?

I see why, it was an attempted cover up of a mistake that Innogames had made in the setup of the survey, and at salvaging an unsalvagable situation. It failed, and therefore you lost credibility. For future use, your best option would be to admit the error, inform the community you have notified Innogames, and that a solution will be forthcoming (they are taking action and admit responsibility). At this time you could calmly have stated that this was not an area that moderators could have impacted to avoid any stone throwing at mods. Most of us knew that mods did not have anything to do with the survey setup, however , they were made aware of the problems with the survey while it was still active, and they are virtually all pro 2.0 so it leaves the community with the question of whether or not any mod decided to 'duplicate' this bug any number of times. I like to think that while mods are not perfect, and have been known to use their powers to personal advantage, they would not take it to that extent. If nothing else from fear of embarrassment.

I suggest you being (whatever you are) Tyrion, Include a thread somewhere in the forums for people to report bugs that impact game events that were posted through Innogames in the game, yet are not considered game bugs. I have no idea what you would call that. Support tickets of course exist, but it is conceivable that a support ticket go unanswered for 12-24 hours, which might be why he posted it in a public forum, lacking any immediate alternative. I admit though, that by posting it in the forums he stirred a hornets nest that might not have needed to be stirred, but since he had no way of knowing what would become of his post, or teh implications of this problem/bug he made a judgement call.

I believe that I have addressed your 1-4 points with my above comments with regards to the Reporting of Bugs. As for your displeasure with the Survey itself:

1. Voting Time - People have had over 6 months to try out a 2.0 World, why should the vote needlessly be kept open for just as much time for people to try it out again? Many of the players who are claiming that they are against the upgrade have stated that they tried 2.0 and just didn't like it. Why keep it open just so they can reaffirm this?

2. Multiple Votes - This is likely more to do with the way that Surveymonkey, or whatever the website is that hosts these surveys has things set up. I highly doubt that Inno would create a survey with these issues. Your main problems are really the failures of that third party company.

3. URL Access - Again, this is a failing on the part of the company that hosted the survey, not Inno. See point #2.

5. Yes, 2.0 has bugs, 1.26 had bugs. That is why there are regular updates which are meant to correct those bugs. However, 1.26 Players are not losing anything. You keep your cities, troops, alliances, points, ABP and DBP, and everything else. The only changes will be instead of the game being 1.26 it will become 2.0 in the future.

1. A trial 2.0 server could have been opened for a week or so for 1.26 players to have a final try just before the vote to get rid of 1.26 took place. It would have been an additional courtesy, and much appreciated. A grepo wide mail could have been done to accomodate this similar to how the survey took place. In fact, they could have made it a trial run where you start with 3 cities similar to how the hero worlds are, to get more gameplay time in rather than build time only in a shorter period of time.

2. My problem is that Innogames relied on Survey monkey or whomever without doing any quality checks to ensure this sort of thing would not happen. I know it's not their doing, but it happening is their responsibility even if it's not their fault.

3. meh, np here.

4. The presentation of vote may have had more to do with the huge influence it had on players to make a change. When you ask someone if they want something, and you aren't biased, you don;t support one way over another, this clearly shows Innogames bias, and therefore it is not an accurate representation of an opinion poll.

5. Tyrion, I don't know why you insist we aren't losing anything, As a 1.26 player I am losing what I like. I am losing the older graphics, the farming system, and the layout that I have grown accustom to and appreciate. Granted, 2.x looks better now than it did before, but nowhere near as easy for me personally to manipulate through as it is in 1.26 words. I am losing that. To me thats more important than the city count, as I can always rebuild whats lost, and maybe enjoy the journey, but I do not enjoy that journey in the new servers.

What Ac04 is saying is that since the announcement of the release of 2.0, and the clamor for it to be ported to the 1.26 Worlds by the players back then...

Both Adam and Jack have made a point of mentioning how back then we all wanted to move to 2.x, and I think Jack even mentioned that we built wonder islands on kappa in preparation for this. This is true, unfortunately we did it not realizing what 2.x would look like, or play like. I have an account on 2.x right now, just to see the differences. I have been logging in to do things, and I spend most of my time waiting for an hourglass to spin around on my screen. I am not impressed with it, but I will not deny that it sounds appealing.

You're unhappy with how the mods are handling this? How do you think we should be handling this? I have told the mods that I want discussion to take place, but in a civil manner and within the rules. If anything is being edited or deleted it is because it does not fall within those requirements. ... The vocal outcry has been nothing but accusations of corruption, bias, heavy-handed tactics, censorship, and the like...

Let's address your points:

First, the mods aren't to blame, rest assured I have never thought that. The way they are handling this though is distinctly 'un-american' Freedom of speech and all that, but thats fine, you're representing a German company, we all know that germans have a different view on how to handle conflict. That's not a slight , just a cultural observation.

Corruption - It can't be proved that there was, I doubt there was intentional corruption taking place on the part of the mods, or on the part of Innogames. Corruption defined as the intentional mishandling and manipulation of the events. They did however mishandle this, it's just not quite befitting the definition of 'corruption', and they did manipulate the survey towards 2.x. To a certain degree though is acceptable, and I suppose it will be left up to the individual to evaluate if they felt manipulated or not. Personally I felt, honestly felt, that they attempted to manipulate my vote, especially with the second question turned around, however, I will not define their actions as 'corruption' more because their attempt was blatant and therefore did not seem deceptive to me.

Bias - It exists, obviously, and therefore there should be a vocal outcry from those who oppose it. I think that's entirely reasonable, or we wouldn't have a need for any discussion threads.

Heavy Handed tactics and Censorship - You have the mods, and their few lackies (mod wannabes) that are in favor and vocal of 2.0 and then you have other players that are not. Who's opinion has been censored more? I had an entire post removed after only putting it up for seconds, but it was long enough to be +repped for it. Censorship took place, no reason was given. It did not break any forum rules. I was not given an infraction for it, so it falls into the definition of censorship. When you tell a person they can't do something, that they believe they should be able too, your gonna get flack for it.

You make the soup, you better eat it.