2.0 Update Survey Results

DeletedUser

I have been reading this thread and find it weird that most of the mods that have been posting here are like hey 1.26 worlds are being upgraded just go with the flow kind of way. I am curious if there were any mods against the upgrade since everyone knows the mods do play the game.

I am against this upgrade even though I have been playing on the world Athens. I don't like it at all everything seems complicated to me and I'm not a fan of the World Wonder idea. I also don't like the whole idea of upgrading the farms it seems like a waste of resources to me. I'm not here to bad mouth 2.0 but I'm here to try to save the 1.26 worlds like the rest of the players who are against the upgrade to 2.0. It would be nice to keep them around since most of us players started out in them and have gotten use to them. I won't lie I have gotten a little bit bored with Eta, but at the end of the day I still come on and still play.

For the people who say we are whining, to me you guys don't understand where we are coming from. These worlds are like our second homes and all we are trying to do is keep what we are comfortable with.

DeletedUser17043

I see why, it was an attempted cover up of a mistake that Innogames had made in the setup of the survey, and at salvaging an unsalvagable situation. It failed, and therefore you lost credibility. For future use, your best option would be to admit the error, inform the community you have notified Innogames, and that a solution will be forthcoming (they are taking action and admit responsibility).

The fact that so few reported the error showed that few were noticing the bug,and therefore not much action was needed as a few wrong votes would not completely change the survey would it? In fact in my opinion,it potentially could have made the no option percentage to drop,because people who very much dislike 2.0 are always looking for flaws and problems and are willing to do anything to get what they want. However your argument will not change anything;in fact I think since your quite an intellectual person,you are instead taking the opportunity to undermine the mods,because you know this won't change anything.

Support tickets of course exist, but it is conceivable that a support ticket go unanswered for 12-24 hours
It was not urgent,therefore it just shows somewhat impatience or a need for attention if he already sent a support ticket.

he made a judgement call.
He did indeed,and he wasn't criticised at first,instead the mods wanted to keep it quiet to prevent people from noticing this and using it to their advantage;however he continues to bring it up in this thread even though the matter was already dealt with,which continues to make the community rowdy and annoyed,so he has been criticised for that.

1. A trial 2.0 server could have been opened for a week or so for 1.26 players to have a final try just before the vote to get rid of 1.26 took place. It would have been an additional courtesy, and much appreciated. A grepo wide mail could have been done to accomodate this similar to how the survey took place. In fact, they could have made it a trial run where you start with 3 cities similar to how the hero worlds are, to get more gameplay time in rather than build time only in a shorter period of time.

A week would have done little. Like somebody complained,days to play a server wouldn't give them a good enough idea.
However the community had several months of opportunity to play the 2.0 worlds-they are recommended so therefore people should have had the chance to go and play one. If they didn't,oh well,life goes on.

2. My problem is that Innogames relied on Survey monkey or whomever without doing any quality checks to ensure this sort of thing would not happen. I know it's not their doing, but it happening is their responsibility even if it's not their fault.
Inno has relied on survey monkey before,and that was not complained about was it? It was just another survey,but because it affected these people more,they feel the need to complain.

4. The presentation of vote may have had more to do with the huge influence it had on players to make a change. When you ask someone if they want something, and you aren't biased, you don;t support one way over another, this clearly shows Innogames bias, and therefore it is not an accurate representation of an opinion poll.

The survey was one sided obviously,but why wouldn't Inno support the yes side? It would be beneficial for them and they worked and worked to prepare this change for the community. 2.0 offers a new style of playing,and therefore that is what they showed. What would you want them to say? "Lots of forumers complain about 2.0 so don't just vote for it,even though the majority want an upgrade because they want to make the game lively for them again or something like that." I fail to see how they would want to criticise themselves at the same time. A simple straight poll would just be pointless because people wouldn't know what they are voting for except for the people who have played 2.0 for a while. So they gave some stuff about it.

5.Tyrion, I don't know why you insist we aren't losing anything, As a 1.26 player I am losing what I like. I am losing the older graphics, the farming system, and the layout that I have grown accustom to and appreciate. Granted, 2.x looks better now than it did before, but nowhere near as easy for me personally to manipulate through as it is in 1.26 words. I am losing that. To me thats more important than the city count, as I can always rebuild whats lost, and maybe enjoy the journey, but I do not enjoy that journey in the new servers.
Both Adam and Jack have made a point of mentioning how back then we all wanted to move to 2.x, and I think Jack even mentioned that we built wonder islands on kappa in preparation for this. This is true, unfortunately we did it not realizing what 2.x would look like, or play like. I have an account on 2.x right now, just to see the differences. I have been logging in to do things, and I spend most of my time waiting for an hourglass to spin around on my screen. I am not impressed with it, but I will not deny that it sounds appealing.
The point in the survey -to see whether or not people wanted to go to 2.0.They lose the old and gain the new. Majority wins.

First, the mods aren't to blame, rest assured I have never thought that. The way they are handling this though is distinctly 'un-american' Freedom of speech and all that, but thats fine, you're representing a German company, we all know that germans have a different view on how to handle conflict. That's not a slight , just a cultural observation

Now I don't remember seeing on the rules you were completely allowed to express your opinion....
This is a forum about a game,not some group where you can freely shout out your deepest thoughts and swear or whatever(not saying you did). You were making the community all rowdy and even more annoyed at Inno,which gives them reason to delete your post.
I personally had several posts removed....which is plenty more than you;don't see the need for you to complain there.My opinion isn't going to change much,neither is yours.

Heavy Handed tactics and Censorship - You have the mods, and their few lackies (mod wannabes) that are in favor and vocal of 2.0 and then you have other players that are not. Who's opinion has been censored more? I had an entire post removed after only putting it up for seconds, but it was long enough to be +repped for it. Censorship took place, no reason was given. It did not break any forum rules. I was not given an infraction for it, so it falls into the definition of censorship. When you tell a person they can't do something, that they believe they should be able too, your gonna get flack for it.

You make the soup, you better eat it.

The opposers have been censored more because of the need for it. And like I said,several of my posts were deleted,showing they aren't being bias in their censoring.
The reason for censorship and the mods disagreement with the community is because you and all those other people just refuse to realise your opinion will not change anything,nor does their anger and they all just feel the need to complain and complain when in fact most points are just re-used and re-used....they're failing to try and rectify what others have said because those points have already been dealt with.
Your trying to win,but its already game over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Atticus for President 2012! That was the best response I have ever read ever in Grepo forums. Thank you for taking the time to post what many don't have the time nor the effort to intelligently respond to so many issues.

This will be my last post in any forum other than to say goodbye to many friends (and enemies lol) come December and the God forsaken "upgrade". I just don't get it at all. There has been so much outrage against this upgrade by countless players across many worlds. Yet, December will come and the upgrade will happen. I personally do not care if the changes offer game improvements and/or graphics improvement. I like how Beta is exactly and wouldn't want to change it.

I know dozens of players that quit playing Beta and started new games in Sigma because they wanted the speed benefit. Those that stayed playing in a 1.26 world did so because that it was they enjoyed. Period!

I predict that Grepo come December, will lose countless active and aggressive players. Grepo will also lose countless players that have been very vocal in the forums. the forums will become dead and boring. Alliances will lose active players that were leaders, causing a chain reaction for others to quit when the game doesn't seem the same anymore and the loss of great friends and team mates will make Grepo boring enough to have them quit as well. Then, Innogames, merge your worlds many times to accommodate the remaining players that you have. Maybe then you will have a special on gold purchases too.

I played many MMORPG games in the past. Evony did exactly what Grepo will go through. Evony had dozens of servers (worlds)...check how many are left now after "upgrades" and "server (world) mergers" due to player counts. Pretty sad and ironically, dozens of players have been spending so much of their personal time to make posts about this and my question is this to whomever reads this....WHERE ARE THE POSTS FROM THE PLAYERS THAT WANT THIS UPGRADE???!!!

Mods delete this is you want or have to, at least I felt good venting.

DeletedUser

Atticus congrats on your response... well written

Innogames has and will lose some of there best and most loyal members, let us see if they admit or even realize there mistakes

Occupy Grepolis anyone?:D

DeletedUser18132

It costs a bit too much money for me to buy a tent and fly to Germany.

DeletedUser21512

The reason it seems like everyone is against it on the forums is because most of the players who don't want change are the ones who use the forums. I don't know who's noticed, but it's the big "best and loyal" members who use the forums, especially ones from older worlds.

Though I partially agree, it should have been by world. Some of the worlds were definitely different than others, but I'm surprised at the totals.

DeletedUser

Nothing do about it and 2.0 is happening,sadly(for us who dont wish it).
Common opinion why do those who said yes to upgrade are not here in the external forums saying yes we voted for upgrade probably is that many small players that have voted yes for upgrade have no clue that externals even exist,before I built my first 20 cities I had no clue there is something called external forum,hell if I just started the game and seen the survey asking me do I wish upgrade I would vote yes without hesitation.
Nothing to do then to quit the game or to continue after it gets upgraded,many will quit but many will stay,that could happen regardless of upgrade.
Inno games will not see they are mistaken cause big loss of players could happen even if they stayed at 1.26,but in case they see they done mistake(if it is a mistake of course) that will change nothing,once when 2.0 happens it is over.
I personally dont like 2.0 but must live with that,will try it for few days but if many people leave the world it will not be the same so will be goodbye from me also,never the less those who voted yes and also those who will stick with 2.0 I wish you all the fun with grepolis 2.0.

DeletedUser

This seems to be a joke so far. There is no accountability accepted by Inno, the mods talk in circles, and there is 0% transparency of this move.* It's like a corporate decision made by the bosses.

From Tyrion:

(My comments are in bold)
"I still fail to see how players could not understand that 1.0 is directly referring to 1.26 Worlds. There are no 1.0 Worlds listed in the Forums, on the world start pages, or anywhere for that matter. Logically, that can only mean that 1.0 = 1.26. Logically, 1.0 is not 1.26. Why not title the survey 1.26 -2.0 if that is what was meant?

Even if your survey is being carried out in the other Top 12 or 24 Alliances, that would still only account for maybe 20% of the players at most. What a lot of players in the game fail to realize is that their alliance may be against the upgrade, but there are many more smaller players and alliances who are for it. The world does not consist of just the Top 12 or 24 Alliances. Rubbish. If every listed player is included that adds up to at least 1.000 who started and left without quitting, and many who are inactive, the majority of INVESTED players are in the top alliances.

I don't have the information about what the world percentages were. You would have to ask Gordopolis if that information is available. As for the upgrade, it was decided by a majority of 1.26 players across the Worlds from Alpha to Pi, and each world will be upgraded to 2.0. As for the paying players, I have seen complaints from people in the forums and it's the same 20-25 people. If the premium players are in arms about this, we have received no support tickets or otherwise about this. In fact many of the tickets about the 2.0 upgrade are more questions about when and what the players will be getting. So, is our only avenue by individual "Support Tickets"?

If ONE single world (Eta) wishes to remain under 1.26, how hard is that for them? I ONLY play Eta, and most serious players in Eta also play only Eta.

Give Eta a proper choice. :(

Regards,
Leo

* Using stats from an invalid survey across multiple worlds is not proof of anything.

DeletedUser

I hope the poll was only for players from 1.0(1.xx)worlds... If not I think this poll wasn't fair.

DeletedUser18132

Why don't the devs FIRST weed out all the bugs currently in 2.x worlds? Then, upgrade the 1.26 worlds.

DeletedUser

For once SJ, I agree with you! Perfect 2.0 instead of poisoning 1.26!

DeletedUser

I have not gone on here for months but I had played for a year and a half and argued about not changing 1.26 worlds before. If we wanted new worlds, we would join them. Many top players are probably going to leave for this reason

Ah, they have been deleting posts i see. Otherwise this thread would have been 10x larger

DeletedUser12512

it was at 47 pages at one point, now its 44, odd how that works

DeletedUser4013

it was at 47 pages at one point, now its 44, odd how that works

And you know what those three pages amounted to? Spam, people not knowing what the Edit Reply button is for, and off-topic posts. If you have an issue with how I mod this section, take it up with me in a PM please. I do not allow discussions like this to take place in threads. Consider this a general warning to all and further posts on this matter will be infracted.

DeletedUser

And when is this upgrade starting, i can't wait. Despite popular belief that all big and active players don't want this upgrade, most of us are actually happy about it, and cant wait to start playing it. I have to admit that grepo 1.0 is becoming little boring because we doing same thing from start, just taking a cities, and making wars or pact and that is pretty much all that you can do once when you learn how to play the game without making beginner mistakes, and you can do it forever, and you just getting bigger and bigger, until one day you just quit because there is no point to lose so much time on the game that has no real end. But grepo 2.0 will change that, and it will be nice refreshment with new goods an units, and other little details.
We have talk about this on our alliance forum, and we all agreed that it's a good thing.
So one more time "when will it start???

DeletedUser4013

An announcement has been made already for when this update will take place. It is scheduled to happen on the 8th of December.

DeletedUser15946

You know, if you want to play 2.0 you should have joined new world, not voted for destruction of ours. Idea that 1.0 worlds should be installed for every few 2.0 worlds passed too. That way we could all have what we want, either 2.0, our old 1.0 worlds, or new 1.0 worlds. This was you kill our way of playing. Somebody mentioned that he will not be able to play grepolis once new graphic comes out, because he has slow connection. Great move, indeed. Thanks for ruining must fun game I ever played. You should have listen to our wishes to stop this madness. You just sawed of 1/2 of largest and longest gold consumers, and added to poorness of players in old worlds. Thank you again.