Passed Alliance Warehouse

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 70 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2663

May I ask why?

It should affect all worlds, making some which some players have spent ages on unupgraded is unacceptable!

but it might be a to massive change for some and that would really anoy them. untill this idea is put to the vote and we get clear numbers of how many people like/dislike the idea we wont know which way would be the best way to implement it. if we get a mssive vote for liking eg 100 votes and 95%+ liking it then it wouldnt be to bad to implement on all worlds but if it only just passes then i would say implementing it on old worlds might anoy to many people for it to be benificial.

Also you could think of this idea as an additional world setting

DeletedUser

Implementing something major in old worlds won't be wanted. I know I don't, and I know many others don't. People have streamlined tactics for their world. Some of this will go to waste with a change like this.

DeletedUser

but it might be a to massive change for some and that would really anoy them. untill this idea is put to the vote and we get clear numbers of how many people like/dislike the idea we wont know which way would be the best way to implement it. if we get a mssive vote for liking eg 100 votes and 95%+ liking it then it wouldnt be to bad to implement on all worlds but if it only just passes then i would say implementing it on old worlds might anoy to many people for it to be benificial.

Also you could think of this idea as an additional world setting
At the same time if it's a really good change and they like it and it goes to another world; they'd be upset :p

DeletedUser

I remember a while ago back on TW the tribe I was in had a system where everyone payed 1k of each resource each day to the person who had the most points but only had 1 village, so they could get their 2nd village quickly. Good system if the tribe still has about half of it's players with 1 village. However I do like this idea of an alliance warehouse.

DeletedUser

not really 1k each resource is nothing. A level 10 timber camp on TW producers a lot more than a level 10 timber camp on grepolis.

DeletedUser

would there be travel time to the warehouse? If a player can instantly deposit and withdraw, it would make attacking except for conquest pointless and stagnate the game

DeletedUser

:) good idea i like it but
i say no to it the game is OK how it is now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I personally think this will give more power to MRA's and frustrate the hardcore attacking player and make the game less exciting and skillful

DeletedUser

But with all of those people extracting from the alliance warehouse in an MRA... and most likely the founder giving everyone rights to 100% of the treasury... the MRA will DEFINITELY fall apart unless they have some seriously good government.

DeletedUser

A warehouse makes this sim city?

I never knew sim city had catapaults and gods with mythical units T_T

DeletedUser

A few comments/questions and things that I would like to be changed.

1) From what I've read, it appears the warehouse can be located like a city in the game. I believe a simple change so that the warehouse is just a warehouse, where you can send resources to would be much better. It'll be located somewhere on the map by entering the coordinates and it's kind of just there. You can move it if you want to suit the needs of the alliance, but moving requires a reduction of 25% resources in the warehouse.

2) I don't like the pillaging of the warehouse by other players part, just make it an alliance only function. You just send resources to it and may withdraw resources from it. Allowing the warehouse to be attacked complicates the idea too much.

3) "There will be an alliance warehouse, which can store as many resources as the alliance has points." This has to change. Alliances can have several million points and it's just too much. Effective resource management is important to this game. So put a resource cap on the warehouse.

4) A marketplace is required. You send to it as if you're sending to another city. Get rid of the part that says "You can contribute to your alliance warehouse without a marketplace, but can only give 500 of each resource within 24 hours." It over-complicates the idea.

5) Where are the visual aids?

6) "They can also regulate transfers to other alliances via the same screen" - Don't make it some sort of inter-alliance warehouse. Leave it as your own alliance only.

7) Add that you cannot cancel any outgoing shipments, also if the warehouse overflows, then you lose the resources you send to it.

DeletedUser

A few comments/questions and things that I would like to be changed.

1) From what I've read, it appears the warehouse can be located like a city in the game. I believe a simple change so that the warehouse is just a warehouse, where you can send resources to would be much better. It'll be located somewhere on the map by entering the coordinates and it's kind of just there. You can move it if you want to suit the needs of the alliance, but moving requires a reduction of 25% resources in the warehouse.

2) I don't like the pillaging of the warehouse by other players part, just make it an alliance only function. You just send resources to it and may withdraw resources from it. Allowing the warehouse to be attacked complicates the idea too much.

I have included these features for reasons of balance. If the warehouse can't be pillaged, then someone could just send all of their resources to the alliance warehouse, where there's no danger of it being stolen. After that, they could just extract the same amount of resources, or request a leader to give the resources back. It just opens up too many abuse possibilities.

I will however raise the amount of resources hidden to 25%, and the amount needed to change 25%.

3) "There will be an alliance warehouse, which can store as many resources as the alliance has points." This has to change. Alliances can have several million points and it's just too much. Effective resource management is important to this game. So put a resource cap on the warehouse.

This raises an interesting point. Maybe the amount of resources could be capped at 1m.

4) A marketplace is required. You send to it as if you're sending to another city. Get rid of the part that says "You can contribute to your alliance warehouse without a marketplace, but can only give 500 of each resource within 24 hours." It over-complicates the idea.

Okay, you will need a marketplace.

5) Where are the visual aids?

picture.php

6) "They can also regulate transfers to other alliances via the same screen" - Don't make it some sort of inter-alliance warehouse. Leave it as your own alliance only.

Transfers to other alliances could happen anyway. A founder(who sets access rights) could give himself 100% access, take a huge chunk of the resources away, then transfer them, bit by bit, to another alliance founder. That founder could place it in their alliance warehouse. I will add that you can only transfer to another alliance once every 24 hours.

7) Add that you cannot cancel any outgoing shipments, also if the warehouse overflows, then you lose the resources you send to it.

Added.

This.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is supposed to be a game set in ancient Greece. Although you may have allies they are not the same people. They are from a different city, ones to be watched and not trusted. Even if they are under the same ruler. i.e. People in london being very warry of someone from Oxford. The individuals from one city state would not trust members of another city state, even with the same ruler, enouph to have a central warehouse. They struggled with the concept of having allies and would rarely work together with them. The game models this by having each city having its own warehouse from which you have to send the shipments individually from each city. It is a mess but it represents realities. This entire concept of a central warehouse among allies is a concept that has not been able to be worked out in the 21st century. It may be good for a space game but this is Ancient Greece.

DeletedUser

Justification for this idea...

This is supposed to be a game set in ancient Greece. Although you may have allies they are not the same people. They are from a different city, ones to be watched and not trusted. Even if they are under the same ruler. i.e. People in london being very warry of someone from Oxford. The individuals from one city state would not trust members of another city state, even with the same ruler, enouph to have a central warehouse. They struggled with the concept of having allies and would rarely work together with them. The game models this by having each city having its own warehouse from which you have to send the shipments individually from each city. It is a mess but it represents realities. This entire concept of a central warehouse among allies is a concept that has not been able to be worked out in the 21st century. It may be good for a space game but this is Ancient Greece.

The Delian League(Athenian Empire) had a common treasury on the island of Delos. Hence the name Delian League. This could be equated with an alliance warehouse in this game, because that's what it was. Even though Athens used much of the money for its own buildings - well, that could be equated with leaders of an MRA staling all of the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.