Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

Well I am basing my experience on TW, which is very similar to this game. What I described is what happens in TW. I think they should make a 100 member cap for alliances.

DeletedUser

nah. occasionally, you actually get someone who can organize bigger alliances successfully. If you want member limits, then go on server that has member limits.

so what if the alliance is bigger. if they have 600 members, then it just means you know who to target is all.

I completely disagree with member caps at all. it is limiting, and you cannot tell the MRAs with a 100 member cap easily. Also, let us talk about real life. I am pretty sure plenty of historic alliances have had over 100 members. Especially the greek city states that this game is based on. The Delian league had 173 members at one point. The Corinth league would have been much bigger since it included all of greece united.

DeletedUser

I completely disagree with member caps at all. it is limiting, and you cannot tell the MRAs

What? It wouldn't be a Mass Recruiting Alliance if it has a 100 member cap. I think you are refering to a noob alliance instead.

Anyways, I am sticking with the same opinion, Semper Fidelis will fade way. The strong will survive.

DeletedUser

sure, they will fade away, but they have some good players in there that cause a pain until they do. They band together in small groups which can be hard to stop sometimes. and occasionally they interfere at the worst moments possible, like when your alliance is focused on a war and one of them decides to drop a conquer on you, or them actually daring to launch an attack on you. Easy enough to beat off, but interferes with the war you have running or your own forces.

DeletedUser

really? I think we found a 15 year old in here after this last post.

DeletedUser

Hey, I laughed when I read it too, ya don't have to be 15 to laugh at something stupid.

DeletedUser

To bring this crashing back on topic...

1 Semper Fidelis ~ When you recruit your way to the top, you know you have problems...
2 Serpentine Medea ~ Should be No.1.
3 SWAT ~ Doing what all good MRA's should. Declining.
4 GrepoHugs ~ Should be in the top 3.
5 The Illuminati ~ I remember saying these would decline, from 3rd to 5th, glad their still up there though.
6 420s ~ Please leave.
7 Justice ~ Have attacked my alliance, then begged for a ceacefire before we retaliated. Enough said.
8 Carpe Jugulum ~ Never heared of them.
9 Achaean League ~ Please leave.
10 Southern Cross ~ Don't know much about them.
11 Nightmares Of Elysium ~ Look decent to me.
12 Sands of Time ~ Don't know much about them.

DeletedUser

hmmmmm, top 12 seems to be a bit limiting to me. top 20 is more interesting.

and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my own alliance just jumped up to rank 20. nope, nothing at all.

1 Semper Fidelis - damn it, they still exist. Havent the good players in there gotten round to forming their own local alliances yet?
2 Serpentine Medea - i'm just going to continue to say i am glad i am out on the rim. For my own personal reasons, i hope they disband before they get to me.
3 SWAT - they still exist?
4 GrepoHugs - see SM post.
5 The Illuminati - good alliance. dunno much about them.
6 420s - still 420 targets.
7 Justice - large alliance that seems to be pissing off some of its powerful neighbors. Probably will not last all that long if it's leadership keeps trying to attack alliances that have higher point averages.
8 Carpe Jugulum - who?
9 Achaean League - didnt i hear somewhere that these guys were not that strong or something?
10 Southern Cross - pretty sure these guys are an MRA.
11 Nightmares Of Elysium - who? but looks reasonable.
12 Sands of Time - who?

13 League of Erinyes - good alliance. should be in the top 12.
14 The Slade Empire - last i heard was that they had leadership problems. also seems to have people all over the place. please, i hope you dont mind if Dark Union and League of Erinyes help our selves.
15 Cynocephaly - who?
16 Knights of Freedom - never heard of them.
17 Blue and Maize Legion - heard of them... somewhere.
18 The Vigilante Pirates - not too sure if i have heard of them.
19 Olympians of Zissou - who?
20 The Dark Union - the best alliance on here :Smirk: i might be a little biased though.

note: these are my opinions only. they have nothing to do with my alliance, who will disavow all knowledge of these if you ever raise the point with them

DeletedUser

1 Semper Fidelis - MRA, very large alliance, bound to fail

2 Serpentine Medea - Elite Alliance, #1 an example to other alliances to show what they must be

3 SWAT- this alliance is a monster, but on the inside it's a scared little girl. Will fade away but will be remembered for having 700+ members at one time

4 GrepoHugs- Another great Non -Mra

5 The Illuminati- A non Mra, good alliance

6 420s- Idk just another MRA

7 Justice- An MRA that even it's own leaders denounce. Obviously no organiztion in this one. One attack was like this: 1 colony, 7 biremes, 4 transports, 80 swords

8 Carpe Jugulum- Quite alliance, not really a MRA but does not stand out on BP rankings, point whore alliance

9 Achaean League- You could argue that it's a MRA, respectable BP

10 Southern Cross- A rim MRA, BP sucks

11 Nightmares Of Elysium- I heard of them, They are not an MRA, and BP is all right

12 Sands of Time- An MRA with all right BP

13 League of Erinyes- I am in this alliance but I will pretend I am neutral by stander just like for the rest of these. Smallest of the Top 15 alliances, but makes up for it's size with nice BP

14- The Slade Empire- MRA

15- Cynoplay- Another MRA.

Of the top 15, there are 9 MRAs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and those MRA's are keeping good alliances out of the top. last time e5anderm produced statistics for his "corrected" alliance list, Dark Union was at 27, and he reckoned it should have been 19th taking all statistics into account.

It would be higher now, since we are now up at 21 (fallen down a spot since earlier). Plus we have acquired a massive load of Offensive BP, about 30k and that is still rising.

There are plenty of alliances out there that are good. the MRAs just overshadow them, badly. It doesnt reflect the real balance of power. Yet not all members of MRAs are bad. SF seems to have plenty of actually good members, and somehow is organizing its members to actually do some good, although not in all areas. still going to fail though.

DeletedUser

7 Justice- An MRA that even it's own leaders denounce. Obviously no organiztion in this one. One attack was like this: 1 colony, 7 biremes, 4 transports, 80 swords

Had to correct you, you have the wrong alliance as its SemFi not Justice that did that attack, but in all fairness we have seen some similar attacks from Justice
But here is the great SemFi Fail!
semfifail.jpg

DeletedUser

i bet whoever received that attack just loved it. over 200 BP for the loss of a single bireme.

that attack has to be one of the most terminally stupid things to do. Have you rimmed the guy yet?

DeletedUser

I took the SS a while ago, and just took it because of the specific member count.