Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter DeletedUser18825
  • Start date

DeletedUser18636

+rep for you, sir
For analysis and work you have put into it.

Back to the topic of discussion => as we can see there is a big Quality gap between many of alliances in top 12.
Some of those are RIM (And will perform better with the time and we can forgive them lower scores for important attributes) but many are Core alliances with such a low performance and overall direction.

Next, as it is stated core 4 oceans are very different with O55 being the most aggressive and constant fights over dominance between alliances. And O45 is solely controlled by one alliance with the #2 alliance being 50k in point total in that ocean. I'll be glad to see how things go for every single core ocean, though O45 and O54 has a clear leader who will prevail.

It is interesting to see as of which core alliances will go towards RIM and which will try to go further "into the deathtrap" and fight for the "core"

As of this point of time I am more interested in seeing how RIM will develop since, there is not much intrigue left in the core.

Rome

DeletedUser

Very nice analysis of the alliance :) I'm from Blunt posse so of course i'm going to say that, :)

DeletedUser

It is interesting to see as of which core alliances will go towards RIM and which will try to go further "into the deathtrap" and fight for the "core"
Yes, it will be interesting to see what Wolf Pack decides to do. They have a ton of options right now, and those of us in the oceans surrounding them will just have to wait to see what they decide. Your own alliance has some options too, and that will be interesting as well. My gut instinct is that we will see a Pacifist/Byzantine merge at some point, but that’s just judging from the positions.

As of this point of time I am more interested in seeing how RIM will develop since, there is not much intrigue left in the core.
Perhaps we should start a Rim alliance thread. The core seems like a fairly well known quantity at this point, but many of the rim alliances are not as well understood. It might be worthwhile to get to know some of the rim-folk.

Very nice analysis of the alliance :) I'm from Blunt posse so of course i'm going to say that, :)
Thanks Oddy. I’ll be watching your alliance with interest. Until I did this, I didn’t realize how many conquests you guys had. It looks like you are doing it the right way. Building a rim alliance is very different than putting together a good alliance in the core, where you have lots of experienced players to build with. Good luck to you and your alliance.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I have experience from Pi but joined a week late so ended up in the rim, like my friends, but they are a great bunch, and even those who never played grepolis before a few weeks ago show amazing promise. I am hoping once we are settled we will move into O56, where are strongest player is in and move towards the core, as i keep reminding my alliance to do :)

DeletedUser18636

Thanks, I have experience from Pi but joined a week late so ended up in the rim, like my friends, but they are a great bunch, and even those who never played grepolis before a few weeks ago show amazing promise. I am hoping once we are settled we will move into O56, where are strongest player is in and move towards the core, as i keep reminding my alliance to do :)

=) do you mean the core - is O55 for ya? hehehe... good luck

Yes, it will be interesting to see what Wolf Pack decides to do.

- They don't have that much freedom of choice as you think... =)

It might be worthwhile to get to know some of the rim-folk.

- they will introduce themselves when the time is right and they will be ready for some action. Still many of them need to learn. But I am not questioning the level of enthusiasm of "new players" vs. commitment of veterans. And sometimes bunch of smart active "newbies" can overwhelm veterans in a surprisingly easy manner.

DeletedUser

They don't have that much freedom of choice as you think... =)
Now my curiosity has been piqued...sounds like someone knows a secret...

they will introduce themselves when the time is right and they will be ready for some action.
Rim-folk are often put off by the core-centric nature of the top 12 lists, and sometimes feel intimidated by all the jargon thrown around. Often when they do post, they get ridiculed for inexperience. So, I was thinking that maybe a "Top 12 Alliances - non-core edition" might be a way to get people involved and see if anything interesting is happening out there.

DeletedUser18636

Now my curiosity has been piqued...sounds like someone knows a secret...
- Secret? - there is no secret about their options, they are situated in the top of O45:
option a)
Proceed into weaker O44 among other cores, and then into west RIM
option b)
Going south of O45, and then further going down south/west

as you can see both options include going into the west RIM => since it is an obvious choice and they must strengthen their position on the west. Trying to penetrate O55... will result in fight with already established alliances there leaving them at a disadvantage and giving RIM time to develop itself and going towards their weaker west O45.

I can tell you right away => O45/55/54 are tough cookies to enter... given that there are plenty of much easier and fatter oceans around.

ps: Or there is always a chance that I am just feeding these "options" in order to unexpectedly overthrow either Wolfs in O45 or Sumus in O54... who knows... who knows)))))

Micipsa said:
Rim-folk are often put off by the core-centric nature of the top 12 lists, and sometimes feel intimidated by all the jargon thrown around. Often when they do post, they get ridiculed for inexperience. So, I was thinking that maybe a "Top 12 Alliances - non-core edition" might be a way to get people involved and see if anything interesting is happening out there.

- I think this should be done by Rim-guy, who won't be biased and compare relative to the core oceans

DeletedUser

ps: Or there is always a chance that I am just feeding these "options" in order to unexpectedly overthrow either Wolfs in O45 or Sumus in O54... who knows... who knows)))))
Well, you did orchestrate Spyder's downfall, so its not out of the question...

DeletedUser18825

No disrespect taken. :p

I just don't think it was a downfall or failure at all. All it was, was a merge.

DeletedUser

Imperium Red Guard is not a MRA, they are just 3 alliances that made a bad merge geographically. They had potential but many non active players because of other worlds.

DeletedUser

Thanks posiden1239 - you're the second person now who has told me exactly that. The other person spoke highly of their leadership as well. Perhaps they will find a way to solve their present difficulties.

DeletedUser

Looks like there were some nice cuts by Shadow Guards two days ago. It drops them out of the top 12, but it was a good start to fixing their problems. They also had their first positive conquest yesterday.

So, while their geographic position is still very difficult, these are some positive developments for them.