Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

I'll merely quote an old king:
"Let not him that girdeth on his armour boast himself as he that putteth it off"
King Ahab, just before rooting Aramite King Ben Haddad's alliance in the siege of Samaria (~860 BC)
:cool:

DeletedUser1483

"God save our gracious volsung, long live our noble volsung, god save Mogul too, dum dum dumm"

Long live MOS' king!

DeletedUser

I'll say that you took 12 cities from HoB. That is one more than BoM who started on HoB four days later and had talks of an NAP for three of the days while Lumi was still at war with them. So you may have more damage done over all, but which is the more efficient alliance and dealt a more devastating blow? I think that is obvious when you look at the conquest record. BoM conquered three cities from them in a single day, not once like lumi, but thrice.

As for WE, you conquered a city from them on 8-03 and lost a city to them on 08-05. Several days after BoM started on them. Do you really think WE would have stopped there? From what I can tell they are a strong aggressive alliance that has beat alliances that are just as good if not better than you and almost beat the two top dogs in the world today. I ask again do you think they would have stopped or would they have teed you up as their next victim? that is for everyone else to decide, but I would just like to point out that most alliances don't take conquests lightly (although it could also be a trade in which case you are stuck between two of the top alliances in the world).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

and almost beat the two top dogs in the world today.

Excuse me. I dont think it was a close fight. :p Weagles were allowed to leave ocean 55 by MOS for a start. As an ex-weagle myself, they are much better now than they were then by a LONG WAY. Back in the day they werent close to beating the top dogs despite their points being equal with the top alliances. :)

Im sure eclipsin (who joined us from Weagles) will agree?

DeletedUser

WE could have easily beaten BoM and TE if TE hadn't reformed and players hadn't switched sides. They lead both BoM and TE in conquests for a while. They where beating the, now, two top alliances. I know from your point of view WE couldn't have won, but it was looking bad in BoM for a wile there before MOS was formed. That is just the view of a BoM member.

DeletedUser1483

WE could have easily beaten BoM and TE if TE hadn't reformed and players hadn't switched sides. They lead both BoM and TE in conquests for a while. They where beating the, now, two top alliances.

True, BOM and TE were in trouble against WE. After the formation of MOS though, we both absolutely destroyed them. ;)

but it was looking bad in BoM for a wile there before MOS was formed..

Sooo.. you owe us one yeah? :p

DeletedUser

I Think we are even considering that we have held the south so completely and delivered the finishing blow to one of our old common enemies (yes MOS could have easily taken them, but it would have been much more drawn out and another alliance to add to the long list of MOS enemies).

1. Mors Omnia Solvit - Still the top dog and whooping up on any alliance they set their sights on. They will continue to dominate the world for a long time.

2. Band of Misfits - My alliance, I won't comment other than to say that I have had many vacations and setbacks since I started the server and they have out grown me. I will have to catch up.

3. The Chosen Few - A top alliance that is dominating O45. I see them holding up really well up until MOS decides they are done with Silver and goes for them.

4. Elite Ones - They recently grabbed the fourth spot when Silver dropped in the ranks. They seem to be an okay alliance, but need to trip some fat and get their members attacking.

5. Luminescent - Lumi has claimed a top 5 spot when silver dropped. Although they may seem to be a prominent alliance, I feel like when they face a true opponent, they will not be able to hold out against them and fall. They have been lucky so far that better alliances have went after the more threatening opponents.

6. White Eagles - A strong group of players that have bounced back after loosing their first war on the server and now dominate Ocean 65. After cleaning up their enemies, they have engaged BoM in what may become an epic war between two of the better alliances on the server and a chance for WE to show that they can beat one of the alliances involved in their original downfall.

7. Silver - The once number two alliance on the server Silver has dropped cities, members, points, and ranks sence they went to war with MOS, but I would still consider them one of the top 5 alliances on the server.

8. The Shadow League - They where once the punching bag for Silver, but recently with silver's decline have managed to pull themselves together and start to form a come back. They may become a powerful alliance assuming that MOS doesn't declare war on them.

9. Lords of Pella Elite - Seem to be a nothing rim alliance with a couple good players. They may becoem WE's academy or somthing of the sort as they owe WE for their survival.

10. Soul Stealers - Looks like a solid group of players that is hemmed in of one side by MOS and the other by EO, depending on how they handle themselves they could become a powerhouse or a punching bag.

11. The Dark Knights - Seem to be a rim MRA with no real attacking power based on their location and ABP. They will most likely fall when attacked by a real alliance.

12. Legend of Beletorres - a rim alliance in o43 that seems to have their act together. they have a few names I recognize as well as a tight formation (for a rim alliance), good average and decent ABP.

DeletedUser1483

I Think we are even considering that we have held the south so completely and delivered the finishing blow to one of our old common enemies (yes MOS could have easily taken them, but it would have been much more drawn out and another alliance to add to the long list of MOS enemies).

Agreed. :)

Also, good ranking list. Probably fair to most alliances. I like.

DeletedUser

quite wrong there. I was founder of AoT. Those were pacted to Lumi (my mistake..:eek: ), and we had quite good relations to them. So I practically DO know a LOT about Lumi.
And I say that if a big war starts, Lumi will lose it.

i've been the leader of alliances and have been pacted to many, in another world we've been backstabbed by a pact member we've had since the start... being pacted doesn;t in the slightest mean that you have any ability to predict how they would perform in wars... also i can find no trace of you or your alliance on pella so how do you presume to know so much about their recent endeavours?

DeletedUser

@lob, IG jorisva is RTS. The Founder of AoT which was beaten by WE and no longer exists. If you don't remember who they are I don't think you would know much about Lumi's past endeavors :eek:

@Chris, Thanks!

DeletedUser19042

Thanks mosert.

And yes, lob.

Lumi was formed AFTER AoT and AoT was one of their FIRST allies. And believe me or not, it's true.
AoT helped them in one of their first wars. in oc 66. An alliance that was the n*2 in 66 then, and third in 65. Thanks to AoT , lumi didn't loose that war.

So think what you want, but Lumi won't survive a major war.

PS; About you not knowing AoT? You kiddin right? They were ranked 6th at a day. On the external forum they talked a lot about us.
If you don't know us, then it means you know NOTHING about Lumi's history.

DeletedUser

Meanwhile, on the server....
Where the real game is played, Luminescent is now ranked 4th in Pella with 2,331,954 points.
So I'd like to challenge you to take this conversation in another direction, and discuss what makes a top 12 alliance really great...
:)

DeletedUser19042

Good army.

For now I consider Lumi like Silver. They were ranked second. But as soon as a war started with MoS they dropped within the week.
Lumi is just like that.

And untill they prove the contrary on a MAJOR war, i'll (and I think most of us on here) consider them not a top-12 alliance.
Having good points doesn't mean ANYTHING AT ALL. For a ranked 4th alliance your BP avarage is WAY TO WEAK.

DeletedUser

be fair, they are a top twelve alliance, just rank eleven or twelve.

DeletedUser19042

:eek:

Ok...Rank 12.99999999 ;)

But no seriously..they are only ranked that high because they have good points, and no one to fight in their main ocean. They hve no resistance that can slow down their progress.

If they had, they would drop down even faster than Silver...:)

DeletedUser

but, they did get their and are the 9th attackers so they are rank 12 to me, not a top 5. Get The Shadow League or White Eagles up there.

DeletedUser19042

True...

But ranked 4th and have rank 9th in ABP? That's pretty weak...

So, ok, I agree, rank 12th, but DEFINATELY not rank 4.
I would say White Eagles deserve that spot. ;)

Their comeback was quite fast, and good.

DeletedUser

I dont think its fair to compare Lumi and Silver, if Silver would have fought any other alliance I feel they would have survived quite honestly.

DeletedUser19042

Yes, I'm sure about that as well.

The only thing i'm saying is that Lumi would fall FASTER THAN silver did. However silver could have lasted loner yes.
'm just saying that Lumi has (almost) no chance to survive...

I'm not saying that silver is the same as lumi.

DeletedUser

:eek: I'm convinced!!!
We'll probably crumble on the first day of what you consider a real war.
So I think we'll just mass quit tonight to save Pella the trouble... (pop)