Alpha forums is close to dead

DeletedUser

What happened to the good old days when there is always tons of people view this forum?

no need to gave me a stright answer, since I already know, but discuss anyways

DeletedUser

most people probaly have no use for these fourms considering the allaiance fourms in the game

DeletedUser

most people probaly have no use for these fourms considering the allaiance fourms in the game

I agree. Also, there has also been a lot of mergers lately so more chat. I guess it is all about merging to become the best.

DeletedUser

Well... Little has changed, controversy is either old and understood, or not worth flaming about, and many have gone inactive ;). w/e

DeletedUser

Well... Little has changed, controversy is either old and understood, or not worth flaming about, and many have gone inactive ;). w/e

wow you still here!, wait last activty was almost a month ago..guess you are quitting

DeletedUser

some people live for forums, some don't.

I would say the downturn in activity can be at least partially attributed to Summer in the Northern Hemisphere, people engaging in more outdoor activities. The summer dip in activity I have noticed in a number of online strategy games over the years.

oh.. and happy birthday -if you haven't been grounded :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Chat

Made worst by the fact that Chat is nbeing introduced too :D

DeletedUser

some people live for forums, some don't.

I would say the downturn in activity can be at least partially attributed to Summer in the Northern Hemisphere, people engaging in more outdoor activities. The summer dip in activity I have noticed in a number of online strategy games over the years.

Totally agree with that statement. :)

DeletedUser

The Forums are the part that keep grepolis alive really. Without it, i probably would've quit months ago. But as i said in my first statement, there has been a lot of mergers, so i guess it is all about being the best.

When was the last time someone other then TW was on top. Think about it and you will see that people are tired of being ranked 14th or 50th. They want to be 1st.

DeletedUser

I'm just lazy.... and now Blitz & 24 2 life aren't around, no point in causing trouble, I just sit there, growing, bored out of my mind.

DeletedUser

I want to see another alliance that goes

Something defies someone again, BUt look many other forums are now to close to dead

DeletedUser

On Merging

I agree. Also, there has also been a lot of mergers lately so more chat. I guess it is all about merging to become the best.

:pro: Thought here, It might be a good thing to limit the number of members each Alliance could maintain. This way each world would at least manage to have more alliances survive longer thereby keeping the good fighting going longer as well.

DeletedUser

limiting alliance size does not mean that there are less mergers. To get these forums active we need a decent war. With lots of people involved. The alliance i am in has recently started to fight wolverine but they have had little to say about it. but we are only two small alliances.

DeletedUser

I think after a while the game gets a bit repetative so there isn't so much to talk about. WOW levache ur still here:heh::p

DeletedUser1359

The ease of expansion for some is unbelievable. So many people are growing fat on big empty undefended cities.

Its been months since I found a player near me (within reasonable travel times) that was worth a fight.

DeletedUser

The ease of expansion for some is unbelievable. So many people are growing fat on big empty undefended cities.

Its been months since I found a player near me (within reasonable travel times) that was worth a fight.

Umm, what has that got to do with the thread:heh:

DeletedUser

I miss Battlebots....

Stupid wedge design killed the battle... and the game.

maybe thats the problem with Alpha World... the Grepolis wedge.

DeletedUser1359

Umm, what has that got to do with the thread:heh:

That is a very good question so I will explain (I am hoping you will be able to take in this concept)

When the game started there were lots of active players. These players attacked other active players. This caused friction. Friction caused lots of intresting posts about said player attacking said player.

Now we have lots of empty cities. People are taking empty cities and growing but the empty cities don't get mad. They don't get all upset and call people names. They don't post amusing screenshots.

What we have left is dead forums