Alpha forums is close to dead

DeletedUser

I could see one giant island... if we didn't have all these cool Biremes floating around... and soldiers who enjoyed water skiing between conquests.

I think if we made a smaller world, we'd need to limit alliances... say an alliance can't have more than 20 players or 20% of the total points of the world...

And like the Highlander... in the end, there can be only one!

or two if they're Siamese Twins... cuz that seems gross that one would have to cut the head off the other and then drag a headless corpse around for the rest of his life.

DeletedUser

Player interest is easy to increase all it takes is players to be interested in being active in the forum and if a couple of players start some balls of interest rolling that could spark an increase in posting......All that has to be done is use some imagination and thoughtful insight and BANG the forums are active......:p

DeletedUser

I know a fair number of players who stopped using the forum because of excessive moderation.

Hell, I'd be surprised if this post lasts a day.

DeletedUser

I know a fair number of players who stopped using the forum because of excessive moderation.

That is easy, ease up and have a more relaxed stance on forum moderation....Their is strict and then their is strict.....if moderation is too strict and highly limited then this forum will die a very slow death and that would be a shame........Closing eyes, waiting to be infracted and beat up.....lol

DeletedUser

You'll make me cry.

:(

I'd love to see an active Alpha. I just don't want senceless bickering :p

DeletedUser

Actually Alpha our preferred mod due to his reasonable nature.

-You have no idea how many times I had to edit that to not get another infraction from the other mods.
I'll probably still get a 2 pointer.

DeletedUser

Actually Alpha our preferred mod due to his reasonable nature.

-You have no idea how many times I had to edit that to not get another infraction from the other mods.
I'll probably still get a 2 pointer.

That is good to know......So many times I have been discouraged from posting anything......Not everything can be all rosy and smelling good, the good comes with the bad and if only huggy nicey posts are wanted and ALL negativity is not wanted then the result is a little used forum....More often than not a little controversy creates a VERY ACTIVE forum.......Of course balance is necessary......not all posts should be negative but a little spice now and then works very well......

DeletedUser

The alpha forum indeed died as a result of excessive moderation in the early days. The mods have learned thereafter, but it was too late, the guys/gals who made this place interesting had already left the crime scene :/

DeletedUser

Beta and delta are following this forum-deadness thingy for different reasons. It's a shame as delta used to have the most active forum in the early days. Now I feel my world, gamma is the most active with around 15 or so active posters

DeletedUser

Beta and delta are following this forum-deadness thingy for different reasons. It's a shame as delta used to have the most active forum in the early days. Now I feel my world, gamma is the most active with around 15 or so active posters

What would you suggest?

What kind of things can be done to increase more postings and spam....lol

DeletedUser

What about the ability of an in game link to favorite topics and a player can subscribe too.....Every time a post is done it alerts the players who are following....that thread......

DeletedUser

What would you suggest?

What kind of things can be done to increase more postings and spam....lol

Well Dionysius I suggest 5 people like you who are in the same time zone, that would be chaos :)

DeletedUser

Not if it was laid out such as a new forum post, bold and with a symbol, rather than a message in game.

Eg.
Subscribed
Alpha forums is close to dead
firstnew.gif

Look out MibsMob are on the warpath!

Or even just a
user_offline.gif
for read threads (or forum accessed since last post) and
user_online.gif
for new post since last visit, added to the start/end of the thread name.

DeletedUser

Ironic how this is the most active part of the Alpha forum (aside from the assembly "I'm da best" game).

DeletedUser

God! I hate how Alpha can be sssssoooooooo boring!

Nah, we ain't boring we have just started to gt boring.....:p

Patience honey....lolol.....

If enough of us start speaking this place with become very active again.....

DeletedUser1405

Everyone seems to be speaking, problem being they are all saying they are bored with Alpha.