AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser23786

Sure the smaller players can have a say on the server but a lot choose not to and are irrelevant. I'm sure a lot of these may be gold traders. Also in the case of Heavenly they were 100% against Repo since they've been fighting a long time and now they've decided to join the fight against us and updated their profile to reflect this which without being disrespectful I have found amusing.

FYI all my views are my own and not those of the alliance. I'm not a spokesman for the alliance we leave that to Al who does a fine job of it.

DeletedUser54192

True, some small players choose not to be a part of it. But Futbol is not basing it on whether someone might be gold trading or not. He is just assuming that because we don't have a tonne of cities, we have no impact on the world, which is just false.

DeletedUser23786

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and there will be a lot of players who bear no significance in how the server plays out. Also there will be players on the rim who will have very little impact to us.

DeletedUser54192

And there will no doubt be individuals in every single alliance who don't have much of an impact on the server. My point is this: we might not have the multitudes of cities that a lot of the Thermopylae players has. But don't count us out because of that. I know a fair few smaller players who are probably have greater determination, commitment and loyalty than some of the big and experienced players in this game. There are those of us who will fight no matter the odds, and that is what will give us the ability to make a bigger impact than people like Futbol will believe. :)

DeletedUser54775

@Simple977. I agree with you on this. :)

And you can still be friends on opposite sides of a war. I have had friendly chats and got on well with some of the players in HEROES, despite the fact that I have been rather bitter about them as an alliance, at times, due to the behaviour of their old diplomat.

This war is definitely breathing new life into the server. 100% agree on that, and it was the kickstart needed to keep players' interest in this server.

True. I wouldn't call you all golders, nor was that my intention in my previous post. I would however say that it is fair to assume that Thermopylae has a higher proportion of moderate-to-heavy gold users than alliances such as Atlantis Mallorean. Nor would I say that your leadership had no factor in the success of Thermopylae. But I am saying that Futbol is perhaps exaggerating the superiority of his leadership a little too much. It might not be easy to do well, but it is pretty hard to screw up an alliance with a lot of veterans and at least a few decent gold-users.

Don't think I ever called you an MRA? I think I just said that you cherry-picked from Mayhem/IA. That's basically the opposite of being an MRA.

My issue with the stuff being said on here is with Futbol's attitude. Saying that players are irrelevant if they aren't in the top 3-5 alliances or have a tonne of big cities, when that's just not true. Comments like that imply a lack of understanding as to how the game works, and in this case, a lack of awareness as to the events of this server.

Thermopylae has a great leadership. One of the best that I ever seen. Operations are carefully planned when needed and a good and sound strategic vision. It is not luck or fortune where they are.

The Imperium had initially more players but poor leadership propelled its dismissal. If you are ranked 7th or 8th in a world, you have leadership shortcomings that you might not be able to be even aware of. There is a reason why players are not joining or you are not able to capture cities or expand. You must be doing something wrong or many things wrong.

DeletedUser54192

Thermopylae has a great leadership. One of the best that I ever seen. Operations are carefully planned when needed and a good and sound strategic vision. It is not luck or fortune where they are.

The Imperium had initially more players but poor leadership propelled its dismissal. If you are ranked 7th or 8th in a world, you have leadership shortcomings that you might not be able to be even aware of. There is a reason why players are not joining or you are not able to capture cities or expand. You must be doing something wrong or many things wrong.
- Out of interest, how many alliances have you played in to claim that it is one of the best you have ever seen?
- What you have described about operations sounds like any decent alliance, to be honest.
- Please, stop with the superiority complex and supreme arrogance. I bet that if Atlantis Mallorean had as many serious gold users as Thermopylae does, we could be at least a couple of places higher in the alliance rankings without any change in leadership quality.

This is going to be the first proper test Thermopylae has had, in my opinion. For basically the entirety of your fight with Imperium, you've had help from REPO and HEROES. So it wasn't just you. I don't doubt that you lot are good, but to brag about your accomplishments when in fact you apparently had significant help from 2 more large alliances, is a little bit misleading. Now you are finally fighting a war where you will have no allies to fall back on. I have no doubt that you lot will fight well. But it is only now that we will truly see how determined and committed your players are. This isn't me making stuff up - I went through that sort of tilted fight ages ago, at the start of the war against HEROES. It pushed players to the limit. Some broke or ran, others stayed and stuck it out. And there were surprises in who stayed and who ran. Ironically most of the vets gave up. I look forward to seeing what happens when you finally have a big pressure on you. It will be interesting for sure, whatever the result.

DeletedUser54775

AP.- Major direct conflicts through Mesembria have declined through the last couple of days, but Thermopylae commanders continue slowly liberating cities and populations from the tyrants that inhabit the RIM.

Thermo commanders have captured at least 10 more cities in the last two days through skirmishes around the world.

If we look to answer the question of: Why has Thermopylae has achieved so much in this world?
A question that the adversaries try to answer with erroneous and misguided thoughts.

It is because here at Themopylae, our leaders have unleashed the energy of individual ingenuity and free enterprise to a level not seen before in this world.

The respect, dignity and freedom that has been given to us has propelled a growth without parallel. This dignity for the freedom of the individual and a commitment to fight is something that those on the RIM do not have. They simply want to steal with no hard work what we have built.

Great players have joined us through time, the most recent, Yellowhold. These players who make us great have come to fight for the right to freely trade, build, and battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

- i have been in TOO many alliances. Perhaps too much playing this game.
- No. The operations and vision in the battlefield that Thermo leaders have is quite above average. Good mix of direction and freedom to act independently. A very hard balance to achieve.
- The data does not lie. Thermo is the number one alliance in this world by far. We are proud of it. if you do not like it, then work hard and try to do it yourself.

- Thermo has achieved many goals and tests. This is the ULTIMATE TEST. Everyone who is jealous joining to try to take this great alliance.

DeletedUser54192

- i have been in TOO many alliances. Perhaps too much playing this game.
- No. The operations and vision in the battlefield that Thermo leaders have is quite above average. Good mix of direction and freedom to act independently. A very hard balance to achieve.
- The data does not lie. Thermo is the number one alliance in this world by far. We are proud of it. if you do not like it, then work hard and try to do it yourself.

- Thermo has achieved many goals and tests. This is the ULTIMATE TEST. Everyone who is jealous joining to try to take this great alliance.

Once again, your sheer arrogance surprises me.

- Thermo leadership may be good, but I bet I can name at least one alliance that probably has better leadership.
- As I said before, you have a tonne of points, yes. Of course you would be at least a big alliance, just based on the fact that you cherry-picked the biggest and most active Thermopylae players.
- It's funny that you tell me to work hard. Because if you paid attention to the events of this world, or what I have said, you would know that I have been. I led an alliance almost by myself in a war against a much larger team. A war that lasted longer than any big fight you have been in on this server, for sure. And I don't fancy spending that much gold just so I can call other players irrelevant. Perhaps you personally should work harder, and try to get your BP score somewhere near your points rank? Because to me, it looks as if you aren't working as hard at fighting as you are at building.

- By that, you mean you fought against Imperium/Imperius/Invictus while hugging the two biggest other alliances on this server. A big war is never easy, but fighting on basically just 1 front while hugging the biggest nearby teams isn't something spectacular.

It's funny that you think we are jealous. Let me tell you this now. I am not jealous. I would much rather be exactly where I am, and fight for my teammates, no matter the odds, than turn my back on my teammates and play alongside players such as yourself who arrogantly dismiss the relevance of anyone who doesn't have as many cities as them. I'll take loyalty and determination over size and blind arrogance any day. (Not saying that all Thermopylae players have such characteristics, but Futbol definitely isn't setting a great example of your personalities.)

DeletedUser54775

- Thermopylae has a great leadership with great vision. I do not have doubt of this. This is why are our alliance is at the top of the world.

- Nobody forced to join Thermo. If it would be easy to cherry pick players, others would have done it. Most importantly; retention is a key factor. As you have admitted you, yourself loss great veterans. YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING wrong.

- I hope that you reflect on it.

- A great alliance needs many types of tasks done. I simply full fill quietly one of them.
I do not represent the alliance, nor I share the personality of others. This is what makes great this alliance. We have quite a bit of freedom to be ourselves and have differences in our way of playing the game. Our diversity and freedom is our strength.

- Themopylae is the best alliance, whether you like it or not.

DeletedUser54192

Thermopylae has good leadership, yes. But to claim it is one of the best in the Grepo community is one that I feel is a definite overstatement.

- I never said they did. But what you did is basically cherry-picked the biggest of the players you already had, and and placed them in one team. That's exactly what you did, as described by other members of your team at the time, so please don't claim it isn't true. Even if it was voluntary, you did just cherry-pick the players from within your alliance to put into the one team.

- Stop putting words in my mouth. I said that you have been trying to poach players. We know that because several of the players that you tried to poach reported it to their leadership. The fact that they did such a thing shows that they value loyalty over joining the alliance with the biggest number of cities, something that I find admirable. You have taken exactly one player into your alliance that I know of recently. And by ditching his teammates, he has proven himself a traitor. I bet that if Thermopylae ever end up in a slightly less solid position, he will start thinking about where he can jump to next. Because if they can jump to you, they can jump away from you. A player as experienced as yourself should understand that.

- Not very quietly, in my opinion. You are here bragging incessantly how you have the best alliance ever and calling everyone else irrelevant, but that would probably mean more if you actually did more fighting in game, rather than just focusing on building those pretty cities to get your points ranking that high.

- Well then, perhaps you should get some more of your players to come up here and show that not all of you are arrogant players who care about nothing except having lots of big pretty cities and criticising those who don't pump as much money into the game as you have implied that you do.

- No, they are the biggest alliance. There are differences, whether you choose to listen to them or not. For instance, the best alliance wouldn't just brag about points and put down anyone not quite on their level in terms of city points. Because the best alliance would know that it is not just points that decide things in this game. Yet all you can do is brag about that big "1" next to your alliance name, when you have so far only fought with the backing of the 2nd and 3rd alliances on the server. Maybe Thermo will be the best alliance, maybe they won't. But that's something time will tell, not something judged by how many pretty cities you can hoard.

Please tell me how I have done something wrong when I managed to lead an alliance out of one of the harsher backstabbings of the server, and have somehow managed to gain the respect of some enemy players for my determination in defending. I'd say that is something relevant to this server as a whole, as that war shaped the course of events in the entire eastern sector of this server.

DeletedUser54775

Kai Gordon,
It is unclear to me why you are so adamant to recognize the leadership of Thermopylae when you are not inside or under their guidance.

I am just a rank and file member, and I can tell you that this has been the best experience that so far I ever had. They know their strategy and tactics very well, but at the same time do not lead you through intimidation, coercion or other sub-optimal approaches. They give you a lot of freedom and independence at the same time that they meet their objectives.

In my opinion, this is the best alliance in this world, and so far the best experience when compared the ones in other worlds.

As for you, it is opt to you whether you want to reflect and realize that leadership of an alliance who is essentially insignificant (as veterans choose to leave) means that you have done something wrong.

DeletedUser54192

It is unclear to me on two things:
1) Why you can't even write my username correctly. :p
2) Why you make claims that aren't true. I have several contacts with TheAlgarvian. I've seen the decisions made by some of the leaders during this server, and I definitely wouldn't trust some of them (Jimbobicus is a prime example of that). I honestly believe that there are stronger leaders in this community, such as the two founders of the en97 alliance I am in. Plus, you somehow imply that you are the only alliance not to lead through intimidation or coercion, which is hilarious in it's stupidity.
3) Why you don't actually read my posts properly: one veteran has chosen to jump ship, while many others have chosen to stay with their teams. When someone jumps ship to the enemy, that is a sign that they cannot be trusted, and will probably jump away again. Ask around, and you'll find that that is pretty common knowledge in this community. You also seem to believe that, because someone chooses to leave, an alliance is insignificant. Which again is hilariously wrong. You are saying that the 3rd biggest alliance on this server is irrelevant.

You are also contradicting yourself a lot:
- Happy to complain about REPO players attacking earlier than the stated agreement, when your own teammates did exactly the same thing.
- Complaining about all these alliances ganging up on you - if all of us are insignificant (as you have effectively stated), then there would be nothing to complain about, and you should have won before you even started. Yet you haven't, and you still sit there calling all these alliances insignificant. How about you fight properly and prove it, or stop spouting gibberish?

Seriously, if you think every alliance apart from Thermopylae is insignificant, you have a lot to learn. Just because we don't have quite as many players with big wallets doesn't mean we cannot have a serious impact on this server, as I have given examples of over and over again, that you blindly ignore.

DeletedUser54192

Once again, more blindly arrogant propaganda from Futbol. Does anyone think he will ever listen to anything that doesn't agree with his delusional beliefs? Let's once more pick apart his falsehoods, just to see if he finally listens rather than arrogantly proclaiming that only his opinion matters. :)

- In this game, there is no way to force someone to follow you. It is easy for a group of players to leave and set up their own alliance if unhappy with their current leadership - something that I have seen a lot of times in this game, such as "Langoliers" being formed from the hardliners in "The Langolier Ones" on Nagidos, and "Butchers" splitting off from "Killer Bunnies" on Olous.
- You are basically implying that each alliance/alliance family has just one leader, who decides everything - wrong. I know for a fact that there are multiple leaders/founders in all the alliance families, who work with each other and their members. Some of these leaders started off as leaders, while others were promoted by the existing council or by the members themselves. I was the original leader of Mallorean Empire - my players always had the ability to leave if they felt the need - I actually volunteered to step down at one point in the war against HEROES, but I was asked to stay, including by those who would have gained power if I had stepped down.

The respect, dignity and freedom that has been given to us has propelled a growth without parallel. This dignity for the freedom of the individual and a commitment to fight is something that those on the RIM do not have. They simply want to steal with no hard work what we have built.
- Not exactly - gold use, and hugging the 2nd and 3rd alliances on the server for the last few months, has propelled you to a good level of growth.
- Once again, blatant lies. Commitment to fight is something that a lot of other teams have shown to a much greater extent than you have. The remains of The Exiles, who fought for a considerable period of time while completely encircled. My own alliance and teammates, fighting the longest war of the server so far, against horrific odds, after being backstabbed. Freedom of the individual is something that has been valued in almost every major alliance I have seen in this game, and definitely in every major alliance on this server.
- "No hard work" is just implying that you can't defend. Surely, if you were the great fighters that you claim to be (and I do believe that you are good fighters), then it would take a lot of hard work to get those cities off of you? Stop trying to have your cake and eat it.

Great players have joined us through time, the most recent, Yellowhold. These players who make us great have come to fight for the right to freely trade, build, and battle.
- YellowHold has joined you, proving himself a traitor and untrustworthy player. Congratulations on gaining someone who can't really be trusted anymore.
- "Trade, build and battle" - nice to see you have your priorities straight, because I can tell for sure that you personally aren't doing as much fighting as you are building. ;)

So please, try not to use such blatant lies in your PnPs - people are just going to call you out, and all you do is make yourself look like a blindly arrogant player with a superiority complex. :p

DeletedUser54192

HEROES knocked Mallorean Empire from 18th down to 28th in a rather short time period after Neily backstabbed us. Most would have predicted that that would be the end of us, and I am sure that many people did, both in HEROES, and in other alliances all over the server. Yet we managed to climb all the way back up, getting as high as 12th on the Top 12 alliance families table. We were given a FLOAT on that table, by one of your own teammates, simply because we have shown that we have a number of players who do not give up, and just bounce back from hard hits. If we had instantly folded like some irrelevant alliance, the eastern sector would look very different. And that means we are relevant.

DeletedUser54192

Thermopylae is not halting its efforts to bring peace and liberty to this world, as it furthers continues its liberation campaign on cities that are still under the rule of the Atlanteans.
Language detected: blind arrogance ;)

Translation:
"Thermopylae is taking some cities, partially with the help of copious amounts of gold being used on nukes and in the event to get the tokens. They claim that other alliances are under oppressive rule because their leaders either will not tell them the truth about other alliances, or more likely because players such as Futbol are too self-absorbed and arrogant to see good in anyone but themselves.

DeletedUser54192

I just can share with you that the decision of Heroes felt like a MAJOR betrayal for the rank and file in Thermo after all that we have done for them. They had even cities in our core and key islands. They were brothers to us after all the battles and having them in our core.
You specifically called HEROES an "insignificant" alliance on another of your PnP threads. If they are insignificant, stop crying about a political change that your own alliance triggered (by dissolving the pact with REPO). And if they are significant, which I believe that they are, then try not to lie so much by calling them insignificant.

DeletedUser54276

Kal in a way you are right mate, although we didn't end the HEROES pact, and I actually tried hard to keep it, it did result from our pact dissolve with REPO. But to call this move a backstab is wrong. As I keep telling anyone that asks, Grepolis is a war game, if those Northern alliances want to sim out 9 months till WW (if we even get there), then they are free to do that. Thermo, however, are fighters and I would rather break the pact than see our Northern cities sit and collect dust.

I would have thought a lot of REPO agree with this as well, if they are the fighters they claim to be.

DeletedUser54192

While I do agree with you on most of your points, the first one on this thread to claim a backstabbing or betrayal was Futbol, who claimed that HEROES' was betraying Thermopylae in this move, and he continually addresses it as a backstab or betrayal, even after I have given examples of true backstabbings within Grepolis.

I believe what I said earlier on in this thread was that a "backstab" would be the most likely move for you guys, and technically it would have been the one most advantageous to you guys. I have seen a lot of cases similar to this that ended in alliances simply backstabbing each other, such as Pagasae where one alliance appeared to be systematically breaking their pacts one by one with basically no warning. Perhaps it was not a backstab in this case, but if Futbol is going to claim that HEROES have backstabbed you lot, then technically that would make Thermopylae's dissolution of the REPO pact a "backstab" as well. Futbol seems awfully fond of having his cake and eating it.

DeletedUser54276

I think Futbol's use of the word "backstab" is similar to uses. As you say we backstabbed REPO, well that was simply to keep the world going, it wasn't to be seen as a backstab but a strategic choice from our position.

Likewise the HEROES backstab Futbol is talking about was a strategic choice from their leadership. We are a very strong alliance, the fact they broke the pact suggests that they are backing us to take down REPO and go for them in the future. To me it almost seems like a compliment, but could also be interpreted as a backstab, as Futbol has stated.