Assembling Troops in Battle Formation

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • No.

Votes: 43 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But could it be reasonably done on Grepolis?
Yes it could, as game mechanics wont change much, its still the same strength and weaknesses for units, what will change is the order in which they fight.

DeletedUser

I think that idea is taken from another browser game, which i wont mention in here.
I quit playing it,because i wanted a new system of fighting and i found it in here.
Dont like the idea, tho. As someone mentioned above - the idea is too radical

DeletedUser

Yes, but how would you like it when they COULD be implemented? This can be done, as shown with the Total War games.

Obviously you wouldn't be in direct control of your troops, and you wouldn't have to be online, but a system like this could be done.

I wouldn't like it if they could be implemented, I like the game as it is, bringing an idea that complex and game-changing would ruin it for me.
This is a browser game, Total War is a simulation/RTS game, completely different, and that games happens in an "active" atmosphere whereas grepolis is what I would class as a "passive" game.

Think about it; the Grepolis developers have just added World Wonders, a new God, new Mythical units, etc. None of them are that complex, but it took them months to complete and release.
You really think they'll be keen on trying to develop something this crazy if it might ruin gameplay and is far too complex to implement?

From the "Do Not Suggest" thread:
This thread serves to name all ideas that players should not suggest. Ideas may appear on this list for various reasons:
Too expensive to implement
The idea may require too great of a code change for too little gain

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But, it does provide a great gain. And also, for those people who like the old, brute-force system, this idea should be implemented on select new worlds, not existing ones.

DeletedUser

I think it is a good idea and has been thought of many people before. I would be glad to see more stratergy brought to the game but this would be a compleatly differant element to the game and some people would love it and some would hate it so for it to work it needs to be on certain worlds, like wether moral is active or what conquest system is used. That way players who don't like it can avoid it.

DeletedUser

I think it is a good idea and has been thought of many people before. I would be glad to see more stratergy brought to the game but this would be a compleatly differant element to the game and some people would love it and some would hate it so for it to work it needs to be on certain worlds, like wether moral is active or what conquest system is used. That way players who don't like it can avoid it.

Yes, it will only be active on certain worlds.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. Adds a new edge to the game and gives you more control over your army and makes this game more strategic. Would also be more fun then just getting a picture from the reports.

DeletedUser

I have contacted a mod about this, all of the final OP updates have been made, and this will be put to a vote within a couple days.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This idea is now up for a vote. The poll will be open for 2 weeks. (closes june 15th)

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I like Grepolis the way it is... Changing battles to assemble your troops into formation will take more time and be hassle for some players.

It is a good idea don't get me wrong but I like grepolis the way it is, so I say leave it.

EDIT: I got -rep for this... To answer what was said in the rep, yes I did read the thread. I'm just stating my own thoughts on the idea, and to be honest I don't like it. Same with 61% of the others who voted. Puttinh troops in to battle formation, just doesn't seem like grepolis. Yeah we could "skip" it but we a;ready have a system that already does that in a similar way.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I like Grepolis the way it is... Changing battles to assemble your troops into formation will take more time and be hassle for some players.

It is a good idea don't get me wrong but I like grepolis the way it is, so I say leave it.

EDIT: I got -rep for this... To answer what was said in the rep, yes I did read the thread. I'm just stating my own thoughts on the idea, and to be honest I don't like it. Same with 61% of the others who voted. Puttinh troops in to battle formation, just doesn't seem like grepolis. Yeah we could "skip" it but we a;ready have a system that already does that in a similar way.

Not really, it just puts one troop against another in sequence until an army is destroyed.

DeletedUser

But we don't really need this. It's not gonna benefit really, just pretty much add luck because you are just hoping you have the best formation. I think troops weaknesses and offenses are enough, no need for luck and no need to change up a good game as is.

DeletedUser

But we don't really need this. It's not gonna benefit really, just pretty much add luck because you are just hoping you have the best formation. I think troops weaknesses and offenses are enough, no need for luck and no need to change up a good game as is.

This is not just hoping and praying. This is real military strategy, where you must analyze the other player's formation patterns over time, and then build your own formations to suit. It's not quite luck as it is brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.