Best Nuke

DeletedUser7784

yep the problem with mythical nukes are that you can probably only get one or two of the units each day so it takes a while t obuild a nuke unless if you have 100 favor per hour

DeletedUser7784

yeah you need about 70 transports to carry that, but you can take out 250 slings for that

DeletedUser

You're all smart people, we don't need to rehash the chariot v hops math here. And mathematically pure nukes cause the most damage with the least loses. The only excuse for chariots is the ratio of resources they require. Or wasting favor to get them.

Otherwise I don't fully understand need for chariots. Am I missing a quality? Please educate me, but don't say speed.

DeletedUser13436

Pure Harpy nuke is the best offcourse you will need another city to send CS and LS.
Medusas have the highest attack value but it is Sharp attack and dwarfed compared to Archer's Sharp defence. Slinger are second best in attack value but dwarfed by Swordmens defence. Blunt attack is the closest approach Harpy being better and Horsemen just a little behind Chariots Blunt defence, offcourse Pegasus can turn the table but it is the closest approach to victory.
If you have to attack very often for instance your alliance is at war and you need a nuke every other day Slingers are the best choice easy to make and require no favour they are the units I use most often in attack.
The best way is to keep Sharp Blunt and Ranged nukes in diffrent cities and after Spying on a person picking up the appropriate choice according to his deffence.

Naval warfare do not provide diversity of diffrent attacks so LS is the obvious choice.

DeletedUser

Otherwise I don't fully understand need for chariots. Am I missing a quality? Please educate me, but don't say speed.

Put 700 swordsmen in the simulator for defense. Now put in 300 hoplites. Now take those away and put in 300 chariots. Now be amazed at the difference. Plus if you have 500 Zeus favor, thats 10 chariots right their ;)

DeletedUser

Put 700 swordsmen in the simulator for defense. Now put in 300 hoplites. Now take those away and put in 300 chariots. Now be amazed at the difference. Plus if you have 500 Zeus favor, thats 10 chariots right their ;)

But 1 Chariot is 4 pop so 300 Chariots=1200 Hoplites

DeletedUser

4 hops are actually actually cheaper than 1 char: 900 total res VS 960 total res. Pricewise, chariots are advantageous because they use a lot cheap stone while a large part of the hoplites price is composed of precious silver.

Besides, population is your limiting variable here. Your army has a maximum size. In theory, this means that you will eventually want the most efficient army rather than the cheapest army. The most efficient army is the one that has the best per-pop stats.

Attack: Hoplite has slightly better stat (16 vs 14 attack/pop)
Defense: Equal total defense/pop stat but distributed differently (18b-12s-7r VS 19b-4s-14r) def/pop

And yes, Chariots are faster and can be cast with Zeus favor. So which is better? I'm still not sure.

DeletedUser6812

Sorry skipped thru most of the posts :/

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING (not including god nukes) beats the sling bomb.

Im a VERY agressive player (800,000 ABP's and counting, no1 in gamma) and the build speed of the sling bomb and the results are the best.

I tend to max out my polis as ive got 81 of them and my nukes work out :-

1183 Slingers
15 Cats
88 Fast transports
50 Ls

Naval heavy but when your going agaisnt good players the 50Ls is needed

DeletedUser

I never use cats im my slinger bomb :p and i can get

1568 slings
98 FTSs with bunks
46 LSs
It works out good and you can rebuilt in about 4 days :D

DeletedUser

i have
600 slingers
200 horses
20 cats
58 Transports with bunks
50 ls

DeletedUser

My nukes:

Offense:
60-65 transports with bunks
50-60 LS
180 Horsies
350-400 Slingers
200-250 Hoppies
10 Cats

Its nice :p

I am definitely going to try that for my next city! Wait.. is this one whole nuke?

DeletedUser345

I am definitely going to try that for my next city! Wait.. is this one whole nuke?

yes it is rather effective i tried it out on simulator and resources and time taken to build etc.

i suggest you have 1 airforce city in every 11 cities it is a good balance. Then 4 offensive, 2 defensive and a naval offensive and defensive.

DeletedUser

A standard nuke of mine. Could care less if it's the most efficient nuke to build and use or not. Something along the lines of:

400 slingers
330 horsemen
92 Fast Transports
55 Light Ships

DeletedUser7784

i have a couple 200+ls nukes too added with favorable wind can know down up to 350 bireme with 30 luck also slinger nuke i have only 800s because if someone snipes support youd loose the whole thing, throw in a 100ls to that