Pnp Calling Out Mr DeathwishX13 & NS!

DeletedUser

(Note: a Poor PnP offered by someone who's much better at giving advice than a bit of slack)

Mr DeathwishX13

I would like to make a complaint.
At the start of our server you made several remarks about your strength and how you would play this server. I say this so all who read this will look back at other threads and see the history. You and your alliance pulled off a co-ordinated restart and have pulled back quite well. In your own words
DeathwishX13 said:
We're also not at war with the number 1 and 2 alliances anymore, so life has been easier for us :D
This is all well and good. You reached out to me today and we had the most pleasant of conversations about developments and about Agony Aunt, which i publish for Pella.

However.

I logged in this afternoon and found the most interesting message from my co-leader and King....

Valaghar said:
hmmmmmmmmmm. just got this from a norma snockers dude, thought you needed to know my queen!!!!

What a way to grab a girl's attention! Well, i had my worrying boots on - i was prepared for anything.

Or so i thought.

2w1wfbs.jpg

Eh? What's this? The life story of Norma Snockers? Now why would that be sent to my co-leader. Imagine my surprise when what i saw next was a wall of awards!

vdejr8.jpg

And it went on....

oatb2o.jpg

And on!

23ic8dj.jpg

Would you look at all that! Looks to me as if someone were trying to overwhelm my King with their achievements (even if some of the awards were in duplicate).
Why would that be?

vie2s0.jpg

Aha, so we get to the crux of it, a Norma Snockers player poaching! This is my response to player poachers, and to the mail in general, which you can see has not been too complimentary to my alliance and it's members. I will be factual and to the point.
1) Those involved in the Norma Snockers reset were not the first people in O64. Others who had been rimmed were there first.
2) My members talk on skype and through mail daily, do not look at small and see deadweight.
3) My king's answer is no.
4) You do not need to know the inner workings of our alliance. You can know what has been publish on the public forum and in mails all over Pella - we are a constitutional Monarchy, quietly making our own way in Pella.
5) It is most likely that i have played more worlds than any of your members. My members are friends that i have brought together - their experience and achievements matching and exceeding your own.
6) On the Norma Snockers profile page, it quite clearly states:
2j3fi8p.jpg

I hope this letter will be informative to all of Pella. Thank you and have a nice day.

DeletedUser

Your entire alliance has 3.5k ABP and you wonder why Deathy is not taking you seriously?

Yes, he got rimmed, but with 5 CS coming his way, he still fought like a champ.

Btw, I appreciate you taking the time to write this and keep the forum busy, but I'm missing the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You do know what
Sapphire Sorrows said:
quietly making our own way
means right? We're not taking any sides, or picking any fights. we're doing things our own way - as i have explained multiple times in game. It's fine if you don't understand that Tyrone.

However, the majority of my alliance is in O45, not O64. So the fact he would player poach seems a bit ridiculous. And not even a player with more than one city or with that much ABP. If that is the kind of player he is after, what does that say for his team mates? He's not very high in his own alliance's rankings to be making such claims as he is, but that his alliance would player poach at all when they are supposed to be so great...Well it would be like MOS asking Soaring Eagle's 3rd player down the list to join them by waving all of Max's achievements in their face. And that's not even in a core ocean mind, NS are officially a rim alliance at this point until they expand into O54 as is their plan.

True skill in this game comes from a balance of ABP and DBP, you should not concentrate so much on one or the other. If you cannot defend, when it comes time to you will not survive. Not in a game like grepolis where the defender is given advantage in most scenarios.
You should not under estimate people just because they are small either - or is the idea of doing this on purpose alien to you?

The point of this is to point out and clearly show the player poach. Player poaching was always viewed as one of the worst things to do in grep - or have times changed that much that stealing players is considered fine and not a spot on one's honour?

DeletedUser

SS, you must realize that you are located near the core. It's a rough neighbourhood with lots of guys like Max that would do anything for BP. I had to watch a number of close friends and good ppl get rimmed because they were not active enough. I hate that, but at the same time you cannot sim in the core and expect a free ride. You might be making your own way, but at the same time, you probably noticed that others only care about expanding.

However, the majority of my alliance is in O45, not O64. So the fact he would player poach seems a bit ridiculous.

You said it yourself. Deathy saw what he thought was a good player in his ocean o64. The player is located too far away from his original alliance and Deathy asked him to join.

DeletedUser

Tyrone, ask Spartan19? (city called Eros) how his farming went today. I'm going for longevity - long after you've fled this server because you are bored i will be here. My strategy here worked for me in Beta, where i lead the #1 Alliance. So far i am on track with similar results - after 2 and a bit years of playing Beta i have outlasted ALL of the people who called me weak, who said i would never last in my ocean, who said i couldn't fight, i would never make 10 cities.

I periodically prove people wrong.

The point of the PnP is player poaching is wrong - although obviously you don't see it that way. Are you a poacher?

Ellaranna, i suspect you may be right - but then they aren't at war with your alliance any more are they? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

they never were at war with us but that may change if they think they are gonna expand into our ocean. ;)

DeletedUser

Your entire alliance has 3.5k ABP and you wonder why Deathy is not taking you seriously?

Yes, he got rimmed, but with 5 CS coming his way, he still fought like a champ.

Btw, I appreciate you taking the time to write this and keep the forum busy, but I'm missing the point.
For once I have to agree with Tyrone on an issue lol. DW is a very good player and you can't blame him for trying to recruit your player who is so isolated from the rest of your alliance. As far as the way he was talking about your alliance is most of what he is saying about your alliance true? Would you be able to protect your player all the way out in O64 if he were to be attacked? As far as abp you once talked down to me about abp, but when Tyrone says something about your alliance abp which you had used as a standard previously it is blasphemy. That seems a little bit hypocritical and self serving to your current situation to me. Anywho that is just my 2 cents on the issue, I really don't think what DW did was wrong.

DeletedUser

If it had been the first time spartan, your post would have been more impressive. Seeing as it wasn't a one off - in fact it was days after.....

I can and currently do support members who aren't in the same ocean - i support people not even in my alliance. I have made very clear many times when approached to merge/leave my alliance that neither me nor my team mates would do such a thing.

ABP wise, even in A.A. i have said i prefer the balance, not one way or the other.

I have to say i am actually surprised, Player Poaching was the #1 no-no. Something no one with honour ever did. Kudos for showing me how you guys feel about that, a little disheartening.

DeletedUser

I can and currently do support members who aren't in the same ocean - i support people not even in my alliance.

Yeah like the awesome support you provided SST1 last week. Dumping resources and calling up militia isn't much in the way of support when it's a CS headed his way. I hope he is having fun out in O64.

I have to say i am actually surprised, Player Poaching was the #1 no-no. Something no one with honour ever did. Kudos for showing me how you guys feel about that, a little disheartening.

Like when your alliance took in mrbeef from Brothers of War?

Wow!

DeletedUser

He wasn't in brothers of war - want me to pull up grepostats for you? BOW disbanded by the time the last of their members moved to other alliances - but i note you guys took a few from my island before that happened. In fact quite a few of your members have a lot of alliances changes. Made very quickly. Do they have staying power?

DeletedUser

ABP wise, even in A.A. i have said i prefer the balance, not one way or the other.
Regardless if you like a balance or not 3.3k is very bad at this point in the game for an entire alliance, especially being in the core. I myself have more abp than your entire alliance and my abp is nothing special at the moment.

DeletedUser

Wow, this is so cool. I've never before seen such politicing about a game. How the things in life designed to distract us from the real world remind us of what's going on in.... hmmmmmmm......the real world. Last time i saw anything this fun was when i tried urinating higher up the wall than my buddy last night ;) (i won in case anyone is interested) I must say i'm flattered by the invite, but loyalty to my queen & to my friends means more to me than ABP or being in the alliance who happens to have a good point score that day. I've seen alliance point whores come & go and it does get quite tiresome. Maybe i am small, a little away from my alliance, even vulnerable, but at the end of the day when i get pushed down, i'll stand up, dust myself down and still be here with people who haven't shafted their way through more alliances than you can shake a stick at, and i'll still be where friends are actually friends and not the takers who people sadly mistake for friends in their desperate clamour for the highest ABP.

DeletedUser

^^^^^

Thank you For speaking here Val - i hope people read what is written. You have shown your honour here.

DeletedUser

There is more to this game than just sending attacks, if you haven't realised this by now then you are doing it wrong.

DeletedUser1483

In fact quite a few of your members have a lot of alliances changes. Made very quickly. Do they have staying power?

Are you talking about MOS. If you are then you're clearly mistaken, everyone that has joined MOS has never left. The only exceptions were people who were leaving the world and we took their cities before they were kicked from the alliance.

So all of our members have left their respective alliances when they were failing to assist and joined MOS. This is after the alliance was already over instead of poaching players while the alliance is still active. Alliance changes mean nothing at all to the how the player helps an alliance. Why wouldn't you join an alliance which is clearly a better option?

If you understand what I mean? :)

Chris

DeletedUser

I understand what you mean but surely a check of how many alliance changes a player has had before they joined your alliance would be telling? And seeing as players move before the fall of each respective alliance so far to fall in such a way (running from war shall we say?) it would still be considered player poaching - At least by those of us who see and respect honour in the game.

It is still difficult for me to understand how casually this is seen here, but i am going to try and keep this to one specific case, the base of my PnP. That would be Norma Snockers, not MOS.