Passed Choose custom time for farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

haha...ill be working on an extension of the idea after it is passed off to voting and if it passes there then we will see

BTW- phoenix...Theres only been one post that said no and they didnt give any real reasons why...So can this be moved for it tobe voted on (not sure of the proper section...i wanna say development...)

DeletedUser

Im sorry, but what do you mean irrespective. I think I have an idea, but its probably wrong.

I meant assuming that for example, this one would pass and the other didn't; you would want to keep them seperate for that reason.

BTW- phoenix...Theres only been one post that said no and they didnt give any real reasons why...So can this be moved for it tobe voted on (not sure of the proper section...i wanna say development...)

Xavier will put up an idea not just based on a majority 'yes' vote from posters, but when the idea has received sufficient development to be put up for voting.

DeletedUser20429

This idea is an improvement. You are improving the current farm system and will be put in the Improvements section then passed to voting from there at Phoenix's discretion.

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: Have each farm have a slide bar that increases time and resource amounts for that amount of time.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No, but I'm fairly sure it hasn't been. I apologize if there is.

Reason: Sometimes you are gone for irregular times. I want to have it customized so that if I am gone 5 hours and 37 minutes, I can set it for 8 hours and 37 minutes.

Details: Currently (if booty is researched) you have 8 options to farm with (5m, 10m, 20m, 40m, 90m, 180m, 240m, 480m).

Lets say I am gone for 7 hours. I now have the choice of having a dead time of an hour or being miserable for an hour.

If we had it customize-able we could set it directly to seven hours. I get my resources, I have no dead time, everyone wins.

The ratios would need to be figured by someone that does math well (I do, but the wiki is currently incorrect).

The minimum time will still be five minutes.

The booty research will remain the same until a sub idea is passed after this one goes to voting. The new Idea will do this: Make the farming max 8 hours as a base and the booty research be restored to giving 30% extra resources like the 1.26 worlds.

Visual Aids: None

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: Have each farm have a slide bar that increases time and resource amounts for that amount of time.

These are the finalizations on the idea. Does this check out with everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but there probably will be one, but shouldn't there be a minimum time? So people don't start 5 second farming or random clicking

DeletedUser8396

The minimum will still be five minutes. Sorry if that was unclear. I will add that in the details. Thanks.

DeletedUser

I think I remember seeing the equation Resources=4*(1+(Farming Level-1)*0.2)*time^0.6 at some point, but don't really feel like checking it out.

DeletedUser8396

Does anyone know if the above formula is correct?

After using the formula along with the wiki, it looks like it is the formula for a few of them.

It worked out for the 5 minute farms but then I tried 300 minutes and it didnt work out.

DeletedUser20429

If you like I can grab a few math teachers and work on the equations?

DeletedUser8396

ROFL...I think the devs will be the ones to figure out the math

It would help however to know the equation

DeletedUser

It doesn't look accurate, since the time aspect would be based off the world speed, much like favor.

DeletedUser8396

I guess so...does the mighty horus (or anyone for that matter) know the REAL equation?

DeletedUser

I don't recall seeing it, I can only guesstimate what it might be at best. What exactly are we trying to figure out? The resources over time bit, or something else?

DeletedUser20429

The resources per time. So lets just use this as an example

5mins=50 resources
10 mins= 100 resources

etc however this would probably be a bit more technical than that. Due to it being any time all the way up to 8 hours.

DeletedUser8396

yeah...its probably something near what wocoup posted.

But does any1 have any additions on the idea itself?

DeletedUser20429

Well you have thought of pretty much every thing pebble so I don't think I have any thing to add to it. It's a job well done for you :)

1000th post!!! I finally hit 1k! MY GOAL IS ACHIEVED! :p

DeletedUser

5 mins loot@max level = 5 res. 8hr looting@max level = max resources. Get an equation and put in on a graph. Then when you slide your bar along the timeline, the curve will correspond to the resources that you will receive. I expect the equation to be quadratic. Also with the variables of farm levels and world speed included, so the curve will change accordingly with the farm level and graph. The demand function will be something divided by two. The math shouldn't be too hard. They will have to round off the amount to res. as I can easily anticipate that most of the time the resources will run into the decimal. Also for looting a formula for mood decrease will also be there. A continuous function whose values which correspond x hour looting will also be rounded off to integer value.

RESTIME.JPG

in pic: Looting @ speed 1 with max farm Village level- in black, Looting @ speed 1 with a little less farm village level -in PINK. Demanding @speed 1 with max fv level- in BROWN.

they are not accurate representations, just examples. The equations are all we really need.

DeletedUser20429

EDIT: okay we really need the math for the farming villages to get this idea going. I am going to pull a few favours in from some old friends. I should have the math by sunday if not then monday.

DeletedUser27023

I agree with you Pebble, but you should make that you'll have to research, then you can choose the time. Then you'll have to do more to get it. It's a very good privilege to have.

DeletedUser8396

No, doing that would require a bit more effort on the devs part, re arranging the academy, and then we most likely would lose the chance of booty changing back to 30% more resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.