Community Preview 2021 Discussion Thread

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
new heroes, specifically chariot cost/recruitment speed reduction one, its one of the main missing heroes of the game at this time.

overhaul/addition( new features) of attack notify system, either by adding more customization as to who can produce notifications, either by ignoring alarms by specific players/cities or cities/players below certain point threshold.

Thooury

Hekatontarch
  • updating the wiki, some parts seem to be outdated/ incorrect/ lack information (example is the cost to lvl heroes)
  • what Lethal-Bacon said about alarms by specific players/cities would be really nice
  • maybe a "streamlined" way to get scripts approved, this would allow players to make scripts for "smaller" requests like the one above
  • heard/read some players suggesting polls for new-world settings, although I would suggest an in-game announcement for this too as not everyone reads the forums
  • about the simulator update, I've seen this suggested by someone before but make it possible to edit the value of the so called "land & ocean bonus" ourselves. I didn't see this written in the post itself so I just wanted to mention it again
  • this is more of a personal request, but as someone with a large, high resolution monitor being able to resize windows (especially attack planner) would be awesome as the game in general doesn't handle 4k well

Shuri2060

Strategos
Sounds great overall. For simulator - small request: can the hero UI be updated so that it's easier to use? atm it takes around a minute to get to a hero at the end of the alphabet + raise lvl. And the simulator refreshes sometimes and resets all the inputed numbers/boosts which is quite annoying, hope that's resolved too. Being able to save your inputs somehow would be nice too.

I think 2nd and 3rd places, etc would be a great improvement for endgame --- should discourage everyone hugging up together towards the end.

Last edited:

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Once the simulator is overhauled, the addition to the app and an update to the app would make many ppl very happy. There are a bunch of app-only players at a disadvantage. Adding all the events to the app as well.

I agree about wiki updates and attack notifications.

Yossarian234

Strategos
I'd very like to see, and probably the most of players, merging all different language servers (de, ru, pl, fr, br, etc.) into international (en) server. Currently some of those servers are completely dry with same faces every server. Merging all of them together (cca 200k players) could bring back that feeling of golden age of grepo. I know it is not easy to make this happen, players making new accounts, transferring the gold, crowns or whatever, but I think it is one of the much needed things grepo needs rn.

DeletedUser41523

I'd very like to see, and probably the most of players, merging all different language servers (de, ru, pl, fr, br, etc.) into international (en) server. Currently some of those servers are completely dry with same faces every server. Merging all of them together (cca 200k players) could bring back that feeling of golden age of grepo. I know it is not easy to make this happen, players making new accounts, transferring the gold, crowns or whatever, but I think it is one of the much needed things grepo needs rn.

theyd need to overcome language differences for announcements and make sure gold transfers. Probably would have to start fresh with an international server in terms of achievement.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I'd very like to see, and probably the most of players, merging all different language servers (de, ru, pl, fr, br, etc.) into international (en) server.
Beta is international. I think if they did it they may lose more players. As Dan said, language is a major concern. Additionally, crowns in some servers are not the same as others. And spam, bots, and other difficulties are more problematic on certain platforms. Frankly, I'd rather they stayed there and we didn't make servers more grey than they already are. This is an idea that has been brought up before and dismissed by those communities you mentioned.

T0M4S

Chiliarch
Beta is international. I think if they did it they may lose more players. As Dan said, language is a major concern. Additionally, crowns in some servers are not the same as others. And spam, bots, and other difficulties are more problematic on certain platforms. Frankly, I'd rather they stayed there and we didn't make servers more grey than they already are. This is an idea that has been brought up before and dismissed by those communities you mentioned.
What I would want is, instead of just merging the servers together, that we'd have an "international server" that would take place say every 6 or 12 months instead of a normal world opening on every server that month, where we would also have some special settings (speed 5/6 revolt or 6hr cq time for example, different buffs/nerfs to LS/myths as we've already or other significantly game-altering settings that would be fresh and fun to play. Because of this the world would be pretty massive, at least compared to the ones we have today so there would be a lot of potential for additional features you could have in a world with such a high playerbase.

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
one of the best tools a script ever did was the keybinds in Quack tools. I would like the ability to add some simple keybinds. The way to set this up is the same manner as the admin quickbar, simply have a section in settings menu for this. Same links can be used, and this will enable players to open different game windows with the use of chosen keybinds. Opening command or farming overview with a keystroke would be very useful. Same with barracks and harbor for queuing troops.

Ra-Ceren

Phrourach
If I may be so bold, I would like to make a suggestion. It runs a bit contrary to the way Grepolis has been going for the past several years but well.... I still find myself wishing for it.

I'd really like to see some worlds opened that do not basically end in one year or less. Those worlds that do end so early, essentially rob everyone of all of their hard work to build up and become both powerful and self-sufficient right when things really begin to get interesting. It really kind of sucks.

I'd like to see worlds that run for TWO years (or a bit more) before any alliance can win. That does NOT mean that the speed settings have to be slow. Not at all. It just means that the requirements to reach the end-game must be adjusted to suit. Every dedicated player here busts their rear-ends to build up and become a force to be reckoned with. So, why should a world be ended just when things are getting interesting?

Extend the life of some of these worlds by making the end-game requirements more difficult to reach or at least, don't make it easier to reach the end-game requirements as each month passes.

Players that prefer faster worlds, GET their faster worlds. There should be a few that last longer, as well.

We build and build and we spend real money just to attain some modicum of independence only to be forced to move and begin again as a One City Wonder about as soon as we finally reach a sense of feeling like we can defend ourselves and truly deal out some damage to our foes.

How about letting us all enjoy what we have built for a while longer?

Yeah, yeah. I know. There are plenty of folks out there with A.D.D. and the attention span of a gnat. But there are also many of us out there who have invested time and money that would like to enjoy the fruits of our labour for more than a bare few months.

Last edited:

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
If I may be so bold, I would like to make a suggestion. It runs a bit contrary to the way Grepolis has been going for the past several years but well.... I still find myself wishing for it.

I'd really like to see some worlds opened that do not basically end in one year or less. Those worlds that do end so early, essentially rob everyone of all of their hard work to build up and become both powerful and self-sufficient right when things really begin to get interesting. It really kind of sucks.

I'd like to see worlds that run for TWO years (or a bit more) before any alliance can win. That does NOT mean that the speed settings have to be slow. Not at all. It just means that the requirements to reach the end-game must be adjusted to suit. Every dedicated player here busts their rear-ends to build up and become a force to be reckoned with. So, why should a world be ended just when things are getting interesting?

Extend the life of some of these worlds by making the end-game requirements more difficult to reach or at least, don't make it easier to reach the end-game requirements as each month passes.

We build and build and we spend real money just to attain some modicum of independence only to be forced to move and begin again as a One City Wonder about as soon as we finally reach a sense of feeling like we can defend ourselves and truly deal out some damage to our foes.

Yeah, yeah. I know. There are plenty of folks out there with A.D.D. and the attention span of a gnat. But there are also many of us out there who have invested time and money that would like to enjoy the fruits of our labour for more than a bare few months.
stop

xFate

Strategos

are you smoking crack?

Ghostboyrazox

Phrourach
Similar to the issue of the duration of some of your events, there is an issue in the daily timing/synchronization of some items/actions within your events. Some events have something you can only do in specific 24-hour periods, like opening a specific Christmas Advent Calendar reward on a specific day. Sometimes the first action like opening the first Advent Calendar reward has less than a 24 hour window to do that item in because of how the start of the event synchronizes with server time. For example, if an event starts at 14:00 and the window to open an item closes at each 00:00 server time, then one has only 10 hours to open that first item. If I miss that 10 hour window, then I have to spend gold to open that first item because you gave me a runt of a day for the first item. Bottom line, if someone logs in and out every 24 hours at a specific time of choice, that someone should be able to do each item in the event. In my case, I usually log in and out at around 02:00-03:00 server time every day. If an event starts at 14:00 and rolls over to the next item at 00:00, I miss out on that first item, which I do not believe is fair. Please try to make sure that someone logging in once every 24 hours has an opportunity to participate in each 24-hour event item of an event, i.e. guarantee that each 24-hour item has a minimum of 24 hours to do that item.

The above problem is made even worse because I do not always know when an event is going to start ahead of time. In Forge of Empires, an EXACT TIMER appears a few days BEFORE an event starts so that everyone can prepare. This would be/is very useful. Please add this to Grepolis!

BYE, Ghostboyrazox (real name Arthur)

DeletedUser41523

What I would want is, instead of just merging the servers together, that we'd have an "international server" that would take place say every 6 or 12 months instead of a normal world opening on every server that month, where we would also have some special settings (speed 5/6 revolt or 6hr cq time for example, different buffs/nerfs to LS/myths as we've already or other significantly game-altering settings that would be fresh and fun to play. Because of this the world would be pretty massive, at least compared to the ones we have today so there would be a lot of potential for additional features you could have in a world with such a high playerbase.

Imo the best idea would be keeping the speed in a normal range. 6 is more of a niche community. There'd also probably need to be some kind of reward for placing well in the server that translated back to your preferred server. Otherwise you'd just end up with a new server that didn't fill up.