Deactivation of Grepolis Mobile Website Discussion

DeletedUser23673

If you are deactivating browser version on mobile devices can you please make the app better then!! Its been available for so long time already but we still can do basic things on app! Like why would I need to pay money for extras if I cant farm villages or instantly start victory processions/ festivals in all towns? The app is awefully bad and to be honest only use it coz there are alarm! Only useful thing there!!! :)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Well on the browser version you still can't activate processions or festivals instantly. That's a premium feature that functions the same on each platform.

DeletedUser52220

Oh awesome. So can the geniuses that be please let us know how mobile/app players are going to be able to post the active conquest report onto the alliance forum now please.

DeletedUser51129

Why not disable app too? So there wont be alarm, nor spam attacks to counter it. It will be much more fun!

DeletedUser47446

reports? mini games?

I hope before you do this, you update the app! we can't post reports, can't play mini games...when I'm at long stretches at work, I rely on the mobile browser, the app sucks!

DeletedUser37468

This is seriously lousy news

I normally use laptops to access the game but on occasions when abroad and the hotel wifi disagrees with my laptop I usually access with the Windows phone using full browser version

By taking that access away you are going to cause all sorts of issues...not just for me but for others too

If I arrive at a hotel and then discover I cannot get into the game or even online...I will not be able to go over to VM and that puts my cities at risk

I will have to email one of my team or contact them via Skype, give them my log in intel and have them switch VM for me...not convenient, definitely not helpful

Please reconsider this planned shutdown cos its an emergency access in the event of wifi/ethernet connection issues

DeletedUser52116

Permanently. As is it is being shut down forever.
well at the full announcement is says shortly ... if it is being shut down permanently thats not a good news ... i'm used to it now i use the app only for alarm and when i have to post lots of reports at the same time

DeletedUser2595

I assume that you will still be able to log into the browser version (aka the actual grepolis webpage) via your mobile anyway - it's what i do when i have to play off mobile rather than use the app or the mobile 'optimized' website. It's not perfect but it works.

DeletedUser53575

I came here to ask a question, and see it has been asked already, but not answered yet.

If the mobile browser mode is shut down, how are people supposed to see/post active siege reports?

Perhaps the closing of the mobile browser could be put off until the mobile app is able to function this way...
_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ok so the desktop version will still work on mobile it's just that the desktop version when used on a mobile device isn't exactly fantastic.

DeletedUser51423

The announcement could have been worded a little better. I dont think most people will realize the desktop version and the mobile version are different. the Mobile version is almost exactly like the app, just without downloading the app. This won't effect as many people as they think it will.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Trust me I am just as confused as everyone else. The wording differentiating the 3 different things is so similar. But yeah the mobile version isn't really used by many which is why it is being shut down.

DeletedUser25743

I find this unfortunate as frankly I prefer this version. As has already been mentioned, the app is god awful. I only use the web browser when I'm dealing with attacks as I can more quickly view them and post using ingame time. Any kind of building, recruiting of units, etc. I always used this one as it has always been quicker and easier for my phone which has a tendency to lag/take longer when doing those things on the web browser version.

Not only this, but every since one of the more recent updates, 8 times out of 10 I can't get onto the web browser version and am redirected to a page suggesting that I use the app (which is annoying in and of itself, being that a. I have the app and b. It's an utter waste of time). If I go in through the mobile web version and log in, I can then actually get on the web browser version and it will continue doing so for about half the day, assuming I don't entirely close out of Chrome, widget and all, or turn my phone off. Doing either refers me back to step one.

Apologies for any repetition/wordiness (wanted to be clear in distinguishing which version I was referring to)
~Cyno