Feature #1 - Auto Updating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yeah thats much better :)
after i posted about black background i thought it can be any dark, like the one there
cheers

DeletedUser

i would like to se a map for ABP, DBP, or BP ?
and, please, change the color. the previous light blue wan't good. please zoom it a little bit, and use black as a background color. that would be perfect!

DeletedUser5

i would like to se a map for ABP, DBP, or BP ?
and, please, change the color. the previous light blue wan't good. please zoom it a little bit, and use black as a background color. that would be perfect!

The ABP and DBP are on the way.

Clearly you've not read other posts in this thread. I've already stated that I will not be changing the background colour to black. I have however, stated that I will be making it darker. Look a few posts above yours.

I am also working on a zoom.

DeletedUser

Can you create a map of cities which have recently changed alliance. and have 7 different colours so it shows cities that changed over the last 7 days.

DeletedUser5

Can you create a map of cities which have recently changed alliance. and have 7 different colours so it shows cities that changed over the last 7 days.

I don't see how that would help anyone? What exactly would you use it for?

DeletedUser

Oceanic Dominance if you want to get technical, one map for each would be nice, like TW. Mostly the alliance map is what I'd like.

What he said... alliance dominance. You can do the one for just the core (all 4 oceans... 44+54+55+45)... and then one for each ocean (all of them). I don't know how you'll implement it, but it would rock :)

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest that either once every 2 weeks or once a month, that these maps and specifically the top 15 alliance map be saved and archived for us to view in retrospect.

This would allow us to see how alliances have progressed or disappeared with time. Right now all we see is the current map with no ability to see what it has changed from.

I also like the idea of an alliance ocean dominance map :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5

I would like to suggest that either once every 2 weeks or once a month, that these maps and specifically the top 15 alliance map be saved and archived for us to view in retrospect.

This would allow us to see how alliances have progressed or disappeared with time. Right now all we see is the current map with no ability to see what it has changed from.

I also like the idea of an alliance ocean dominance map :)

They are being archived ;)

DeletedUser

From what I hear, the consensus is that a black background is easier on the eyes than a blue one.

DeletedUser

What will we see next from you then, map wise? A dominance one? Some other type of map? Zoom?

DeletedUser

Double post only because no one sees edits after a while.

More cries for dominance:

Is it possible to have a ocean dominance map? I always found these the most helpful on TW and it would be great to have then here.

Basically say PV controls 44% of ocean 54 in that ocean it would say their dominance and then the next alliances, I.e Shine 28%. I will try and provide a link to a TW one for you soon as.
;)

DeletedUser5

Double post only because no one sees edits after a while.

More cries for dominance:

;)

I already have plans for a dominance map, but I've been extremely busy this past week or two, so haven't had chance to implement one.

DeletedUser15947

Maps

Okay, so the first feature that I've released is the Auto Updating maps.

As you've probably all noticed, I have posted a bunch of auto updating maps in each of the world forums. There are currently 3 maps that I'm generating. These are:
  • Top 15 players
  • Top 15 alliances
  • Conquers from last 7 days

I am planning to make more maps, and wish to take some ideas on board for new maps.

Each map is generated at the top of the hour, every hour. Each hour, I am also caching the image, so that I can generate mini slide shows showing the progression of worlds etc.

Some ideas for other maps would currently be as follows:

• Map showing all conquers from all time
  • Map showing top 15 players ODA
  • Map showing top 15 players ODD
  • Map showing top 15 Alliances ODA
  • Map showing top 15 alliances ODD

Please help me to develop this list, so that I can implement more.

More features to come ;)

Adam

Well done!!!

DeletedUser

I want to say that this is so cool. Yes, newbie.

I was wondering if a player interactive alternative will be made available. In other words, a program we can enter the variables we are looking for.

Or, how about auto-updating on an Ocean (i.e. Ocean 56) scale. I guess a magnified zoom would take care of that...hmmm.

Great job!

DeletedUser

Even better, Can you form a globe from the information available? Can you imagine, going from Oc1 to Oc91 without looking at two ends of the map. Just one part of the globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.