Feature #1 - Auto Updating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser345

Gotta love adam's punctuality :D

Nah just kidding i know its hard ;)

DeletedUser2524

Will this be updated for Tau. Thankyou for creating this amazing tool.

DeletedUser

it will be implemented on all worlds when he thinks they are developed enough. I reckon in a month or so...?

DeletedUser5

it will be implemented on all worlds when he thinks they are developed enough. I reckon in a month or so...?

This guy has no clue what he's talking about...

I will implement this when I don't have 5 assignments and studying to do for my exams.

DeletedUser2524

This guy has no clue what he's talking about...

I will implement this when I don't have 5 assignments and studying to do for my exams.

Thanks for the answer. I really love this tool and I can't wait for it to be implimented. I hate assignments and studing. :supermad:

DeletedUser

Really?
I thought you deliberately didn't implement them on world until they had developed a bit...?
Given that Tau hasn't even been out a week, and these maps don't have zoom, you'd have trouble seeing the top 12 alliances, let along the top 12 individual players!

Anyways, i was just trying to help...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5

Let me explain a little further...

The 2.0 worlds have a different island layout that I need to work out before I can generate maps for these worlds.

To work this out, I need time. To get time, I need to finish my studying.

DeletedUser

on the conquests from the last 7 days map, i think it would be better if it showed the names of the alliances that are doing the conquering and being conquered. for this you might have to make a map of each ocean and not use different colors for the days but different colors for the alliances. i appreciate the work you put in and really like the maps anyway.

DeletedUser5

on the conquests from the last 7 days map, i think it would be better if it showed the names of the alliances that are doing the conquering and being conquered. for this you might have to make a map of each ocean and not use different colors for the days but different colors for the alliances. i appreciate the work you put in and really like the maps anyway.

There is no way that I'm going to generate 100 maps for each world every hour.

That'd be 2100 maps per hour

50400 per day

352800 per week

No chance.

DeletedUser345

I don't understand what the conquest map shows, there is no dark blue for the rank 1 alliance on any world :L

DeletedUser

Hey Adam, i know you are/were (?) busy with exams,
Not sure if they're over yet...

Just wandering if you could give us an update of the timescale for these hitting 2.0 worlds...?

Thanks mate

DeletedUser13924

Is there any way of getting the maps to include the smaller alliances outside the top 15 rankings?

If not - do you know of a website that will allow those of us in smaller alliances to create maps?

Thanks

S

DeletedUser

Hi Adam

Great work with the maps ;-)

I am looking to make up a map or maps that show my alliance members by ocean and have been looking at the world maps at http://en.grepolismaps.org/, but noticed that the maps there do not have the Ocean numbers on them that yours has. Can I ask how you have managed to put the ocean numbers onto yours please?

And would you be ok with me messaging you direct if I need further advice Adam?

Many thanks and keep up the good work LL ;-)

DeletedUser5

Hi Adam

Great work with the maps ;-)

I am looking to make up a map or maps that show my alliance members by ocean and have been looking at the world maps at http://en.grepolismaps.org/, but noticed that the maps there do not have the Ocean numbers on them that yours has. Can I ask how you have managed to put the ocean numbers onto yours please?

And would you be ok with me messaging you direct if I need further advice Adam?

Many thanks and keep up the good work LL ;-)

I generated these maps myself, from my own database, and code. I have not used an external source to generate them. I have never finished developing these how I wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.