DeletedUser23278

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
I can finally see the whole world.
I've only been playing a couple months
and these maps really enhance my understanding
of the game and the world it is set in.
Bravo!

DeletedUser24285

The maps are really great and I would like to use them for strategic planning. Is it possible to download a map of an Ocean into some software where it can be manipulated and used for planning? It would be good if you could let us know what it has been created in and whether it is possible to do a selective export for use on PC software (or Mac).

DeletedUser5

The maps are really great and I would like to use them for strategic planning. Is it possible to download a map of an Ocean into some software where it can be manipulated and used for planning? It would be good if you could let us know what it has been created in and whether it is possible to do a selective export for use on PC software (or Mac).

It has been created using code. There is no easy way for me to export it as a psd, or an editable form, only as an image, be it Jpeg, Png etc.

I am working on a map creator to make similar maps, I'll see if I can't push harder on it this week, to get it finished.

DeletedUser24285

Pity, I am not great on graphics so cannot help you much here. when i create downloads they are usually in XML format, but hey I am a Db guru.

As a user I would like to do the following:
1. Select an area (an ocean will do)
2. Select a number of alliances
3. Colour so that the alliance cities stand out (to help you could make all unselected city colours neutral - not the orangy-red you have at the moment)
4. Preferably download into something I can use and share - Powerpoint would be ideal, Visio would be good as well
5. Alternatively, have printing options where I can do A3

I know I am being a pain, it is usually me on the other end of these type of requests so I understand and sympathise. You are doing a great job.

DeletedUser5

Pity, I am not great on graphics so cannot help you much here. when i create downloads they are usually in XML format, but hey I am a Db guru.

As a user I would like to do the following:
1. Select an area (an ocean will do)
That will be possible.
2. Select a number of alliances
This will also be possible.
3. Colour so that the alliance cities stand out (to help you could make all unselected city colours neutral - not the orangy-red you have at the moment)
This will be possible - you will be able to choose the colours of the alliances, choose whether other cities will show, and what colour the other cities will be.
4. Preferably download into something I can use and share - Powerpoint would be ideal, Visio would be good as well
For what purpose? The images are .png format, they are perfectly share-able. You can import these into powerpoint or visio. What would you need it to do in powerpoint or visio?
5. Alternatively, have printing options where I can do A3
Again, for what purpose?
I know I am being a pain, it is usually me on the other end of these type of requests so I understand and sympathise. You are doing a great job.

My comments are relevant to the quote above them.

DeletedUser24285

Impressively quick reply - many thanks

What i want to do is generate the map, then annotate it with attack timescales and suppport timescales. So i can say yes we can get x number of forces to y in a given time and support A for counter attack by a given time from B, C and D.

Kinda Cabinet Office war rooms functions.

DeletedUser5

Impressively quick reply - many thanks

What i want to do is generate the map, then annotate it with attack timescales and suppport timescales. So i can say yes we can get x number of forces to y in a given time and support A for counter attack by a given time from B, C and D.

Kinda Cabinet Office war rooms functions.

I assumed as much. Once again though, I'll ask why you want it in powerpoint... Surely you'd be able to annotate it yourself if it was exported by me as an image format.

DeletedUser24285

It's OK AC - I am stupid - of course this is a copyright issue and you don't want us to have maps that we can manipulate ourselves as this could be regarded as an infringement.

Apologies for being slow

DeletedUser5

It has nothing at all to do with copyright. I just can't understand why you can't annotate the maps in their current format (as an image). It is perfectly simple to import an image into PowerPoint, and add the annotations as you wish.

DeletedUser

Not sure if this has been reported to you, but other day your servers went down{maintenence at a guess} now they are showing in forums, but if you click on them to expand the image, i get the broken image symbol? Thank you AcO4 for the wonderful maps.

DeletedUser5

For the record, these maps are generated for new worlds as soon as the data is available, it would be great if someone would post them up for new worlds as they come out.

DeletedUser5

There may be intermittent problems today - I have migrated the maps to a different server. If problems do occur, please hard refresh your browser, or clear your cache.

DeletedUser5

Yeah, my apologies... I've not been about much these last few days - I didn't see the email telling me that a payment was due.

I'll go pay it now, and the maps should be back tonight (hopefully)

DeletedUser31852

Okay, so the first feature that I've released is the Auto Updating maps.

As you've probably all noticed, I have posted a bunch of auto updating maps in each of the world forums. There are currently 3 maps that I'm generating. These are:
  • Top 15 players
  • Top 15 alliances
  • Conquers from last 7 days

I am planning to make more maps, and wish to take some ideas on board for new maps.

Each map is generated at the top of the hour, every hour. Each hour, I am also caching the image, so that I can generate mini slide shows showing the progression of worlds etc.

Some ideas for other maps would currently be as follows:

• Map showing all conquers from all time
  • Map showing top 15 players ODA
  • Map showing top 15 players ODD
  • Map showing top 15 Alliances ODA
  • Map showing top 15 alliances ODD

Please help me to develop this list, so that I can implement more.

More features to come ;)

Adam

Would it be possible to have an ever smaller map for top 15 allies? In worlds that are new it is barely distinguishable\

Status
Not open for further replies.