Feature #1 - Auto Updating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20248

indeed. And why does this inactive have his own section anyway? People post in here, but it's to no avail. Complete waste of time.

And it's the same with the other section (Grepoworld). It's great, but it's not being updated to include new worlds so it's dying a slow death.
There are other tools available that are much more up to date these days.

DeletedUser20248

Try upgrading to chrome or safari they normally work better than most IE or FF :)

That's nonsense :)
If something doesn't work in some browser, it's the fault of the person who made the site. FF and even IE are fine. IE just lacks a lot of features. But it works fine.
Don't blame the browser - blame the person who made the thing that has to run in the browser.

I've come to notice that here on this forum they very quickly blame the browser. But it's a faulty remark.

DeletedUser20248

Thank you for making my earlier point about this section being a waste of time.

There is a thread in the main community projects section that allows you to search for inactives : http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=27158
Yes, that is my tool and this is a blatant self promotion, but I cannot keep watching people waste their time reading dead threads and hoping on dead projects.

DeletedUser5

Thank you for making my earlier point about this section being a waste of time.

There is a thread in the main community projects section that allows you to search for inactives : http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=27158
Yes, that is my tool and this is a blatant self promotion, but I cannot keep watching people waste their time reading dead threads and hoping on dead projects.

You're rather arrogant, and clearly ignorant of the fact that I'm not actually inactive.

I have never been inactive, and have constantly kept up with all of my threads, whether I've been able to work on them or not.

If you have nothing to add to this thread, other than slagging myself off, then I would ask you to stop posting in here, and keep your thoughts to yourself.

Regards,

The not-so-inactive map maker.

DeletedUser5

That's nonsense :)
If something doesn't work in some browser, it's the fault of the person who made the site. FF and even IE are fine. IE just lacks a lot of features. But it works fine.
Don't blame the browser - blame the person who made the thing that has to run in the browser.

I've come to notice that here on this forum they very quickly blame the browser. But it's a faulty remark.

I'll call this post out as well, since you're speaking rubbish.

What's generated is a .png image, which displays the same in all browsers. It is not my fault if an image does or doesn't display in a browser. I have no control over that.

Also AC how did DT make that map in the Rho forum? It has a black background and the colours are very bright. Do you know how it was made? Because I sure don't!

There is a client available that was created by someone else, I can't remember the name. I will post a link below.

I can't find a link to download the python tool, however here is a link to [user]Xarandir[/user], the guy who made the map client. Feel free to search his posts, and you'll be able to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What's generated is a .png image, which displays the same in all browsers. It is not my fault if an image does or doesn't display in a browser. I have no control over that.

There is a client available that was created by someone else, I can't remember the name. I will post a link below.

I can't find a link to download the python tool, however here is a link to [user]Xarandir[/user], the guy who made the map client. Feel free to search his posts, and you'll be able to find it.
I believe that the client you're talking about has stopped updating at some point and iirc Rho wasn't included, neither were the later worlds. :(

DeletedUser20248

Right. So your grepotools.net site being offline because you didn't pay the bill has nothing to do with it then? :p

DeletedUser

unless you didn't notice- a lot of map browsers have crashed today...?

DeletedUser5

Right. So your grepotools.net site being offline because you didn't pay the bill has nothing to do with it then? :p

Actually, I did pay the bill. They were unhappy with the usage of my hosting >_<

DeletedUser345

Adam just want to say, the new background colour is horrible i can't see the colours at all, especially dark blue. Also the alliances aren't taking their proper colours i.e. there taking the one below so instead of being black the number 1 alliance is dark blue and the poor rank 15 alliance doesn't get on.

Thanks

DeletedUser5

Adam just want to say, the new background colour is horrible i can't see the colours at all, especially dark blue. Also the alliances aren't taking their proper colours i.e. there taking the one below so instead of being black the number 1 alliance is dark blue and the poor rank 15 alliance doesn't get on.

Thanks

I have been asked multiple times in the past for a darker background colour. Now you have one, you moan...

I'm going to be changing the colours later today anyway, because I know they don't stand out against the background.

Now that I have completely rewritten the code, changes are easy.

DeletedUser5

For anyone interested, there are maps available for all worlds, including larger maps (will be generated in an hour)

There are currently four different types of map (Top 15 players, Top 15 alliances, Conquers from last 7 days, and World map), and two different sizes (Small and Large)

Just go to: http://maps.grepotools.net/

Enjoy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Ac, it is very much appreciated. Been looking forward to these changes for awhile!

DeletedUser5

I'm afraid that the maps are not working on the forum tonight, due to some changes that I've implemented. I am awaiting new threads to be made for the maps. Until then, please visit Grepotools Maps to view the maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.